Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 03:11   #301
SKB
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hi Guys,

Newbie here.This will be my first car and I am pretty new to this information.Please help me out
So, we decided to buy CVT, V-variant after looking at the car and also considering heavy traffic in Hyderabad.

Here is the price list SA gave us:

- Ex Showroom Rs 798500 + 5000 (added Rs 5000 for Golden Brown)
- Life Tax @12% Rs 96670
- Honda Assure (Compr) Rs 24962
- Honda Assure Nil Depr (Optional) Rs 6092
- Logistics and Handling Rs 6500
- Extended Warranty(Optional) Rs 7200
- Road Side Assistance(Optional) Rs 4670
- Essential Kit (Optional) Rs 3000
- Registration Charges Rs 3000

I am also planning to buy Black fabric seat cover as I got a small baby boy and it sure will change to black if I don't .They are charging Rs 6500 but I can wait for an after market if it's too expensive.

Last edited by ampere : 14th July 2015 at 08:20. Reason: Fomatted post
SKB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 10:03   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Hi Guys,

Newbie here.This will be my first car and I am pretty new to this information.Please help me out
---------------
SKB, Congrats on your decision. Wish you all the best.

Would like to point out regarding the Registration Charges. 3000/- is too high and you can easily do this on your since its a new car and the dealer will give you all the documents needed for it. You just need to have your own ID, PAN and residence proofs, thats all in addition. I got it done for my City in December for about 650/-. Hope this helps.
OwnersPride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 10:51   #303
BHPian

Excellent review as usual, with TeamBHP standards and rated 5*s deservedly.

Now, about the car. Again, a good package, with lots of space and some ommissions as everyone else has pointed out already, so not going to discuss again. Here is my take after my short TD this Sunday.

1. Magic seats - 5*. I would surely make use of it if i have it in my car. Surprising, its not available in all variants. SV or VX with CVT box and magic seats with airbags / ABS would have been ideal combo for me.
2. Boot space - good enough for a family of 3 with a weekend or week's trip baggage. nothing to complain.
3. 1.2 litre engine - i am not a speed freek or in the race to beat 0-100 ratings. Any car that can safely cruise at 90-100 KMPH on a highway with effective breaking when required is fine with me. Jazz can do it and I am happy with that.

BUT why I won't buy Jazz
- insanely priced CVT and Diesel options. So both fly out of the discussion table for me, and I need magic seats if available in a car, but its available only in VX. Sorry Honda, and Sorry Jazz. that was my dream car since 2008/9 when it was first launched. I could not afford it then as I already had another car, and when I can afford it now, you have made it a weak option for me. I came back dejected from the showroom.

And the search continues...

Last edited by advaitlele : 14th July 2015 at 10:52.
advaitlele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 10:58   #304

I don't understand why Honda would skip central lock-unlock button. This would be necessary in a car half Jazz's price. The amount of basic features missing is surprising, given that it's competing against a feature-loaded car.

Anyways, I've booked V CVT and will take a very long test drive of the automatic version at 2pm today (Samara Honda, South Delhi). If anyone wants to join and TD CVT with me, you are more than welcome.
Old 14th July 2015, 11:46   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitkaul View Post
I don't understand why Honda would skip central lock-unlock button. This would be necessary in a car half Jazz's price. The amount of basic features missing is surprising, given that it's competing against a feature-loaded car.
Are you sure this is not there?
In my Jazz, if you lock the driver side door, all other doors get locked as well.
And there is one button on the driver arm-rest to lock the power windows.
As I understand the new Jazz also has speed-sensitive auto locking mechanism.

So I will be very surprised if Jazz doesn't have a way to lock all the doors. Please check in the TD. Also, other members can confirm if they have tested the same. I wonder how's it in the City.
What other basic features you found missing in the Jazz?
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 12:02   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post

- Ex Showroom Rs 798500 + 5000 (added Rs 5000 for Golden Brown)
- Life Tax @12% Rs 96670
- Honda Assure (Compr) Rs 24962
- Honda Assure Nil Depr (Optional) Rs 6092
- Logistics and Handling Rs 6500
- Extended Warranty(Optional) Rs 7200
- Road Side Assistance(Optional) Rs 4670
- Essential Kit (Optional) Rs 3000

I am also planning to buy Black fabric seat cover as I got a small baby boy and it sure will change to black if I don't .They are charging Rs 6500 but I can wait for an after market if it's too expensive.
Hey! Welcome to Team BHP and congrats on your first car

IMO 6500 for fabric seat covers is a little steep.
Also what is Honda Assure Nil Depreciation and Essential kit?
Old 14th July 2015, 12:19   #307
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Thank you Aaron

Here is what I found in this website
Quote:
For a little extra premium, all depreciation chargeable as a normal course in an accident repair bill is waived. You also get full coverage for any consumables or fasteners replaced.
Source Heritage Honda

Essential Kit includes Body Cover & Floor mats
Old 14th July 2015, 12:36   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitkaul View Post
I don't understand why Honda would skip central lock-unlock button. This would be necessary in a car half Jazz's price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Are you sure this is not there?
The central locking/unlocking button is not present on the driver's door panel of the Jazz. This is the Jazz VX on launch day:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_6690.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I wonder how's it in the City.
In comparison, here it is on my Empress's (2014 City V MT Diesel) driver door panel:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20140418_194241.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th July 2015 at 12:46.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 12:43   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The central-locking button on the driver's door is not present.
]
This is similar to my 2009 City. It does not have a central locking button, but when you lock the driver's door, all the doors automatically get locked. Essentially serves the same purpose, so there's no need of a central locking button.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 14th July 2015 at 12:46.
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 12:48   #310
BHPian

Excellent review as usual. Covered every bit of it.

Went to the showroom today to checkout the New Jazz. Came out with big disappointment. Honda, after managing to cook up two successful budget recepies with Amaze and Mobilio has worked hard to get the premium recipe wrong for the Jazz. Yet again its priced high with no premium feel to it. Not many features to substantiate the premium pricing.

I am not being prejudiced. Owing an Ecosport, I am indifferent between the Elite i20 and the Jazz. But if I am given a million rupees and asked to select between the two, I would anyday go for the Elite i20, only because it lives up to its name "Elite". Anyone rationally thinking would prefer the i20 unless they are a die hard fan of Honda or is looking for more interior space.

The only USP for Honda is the space inside and the boot space. Nothing else comes close to Hyundai. As mentioned in the review, the quality of the interiors are not even comparable with the Grand i10. The thin rubber tyres look awkward on the otherwise good looking car. However, the seats are comfortable and provide ample support and has plenty of leg room. I cant think of anything else to write about the Jazz.

If someone from Honda is listening, please remember, the attitude and expectations of the Indian consumers have changed. There is a segment which still is ready to compromise on the quality but are very much keen on the pricing and the attitude of this segment has not changed much. But there is this segment which want to feel unique and want to be identified as part of the elite band. They dont care about the money but are very keen on the premium quality and the number of hi-tech features. They have changed a lot and have clear expectations. Don't underestimate them, please. Give them what you would otherwise give the customers of the developed world and they will love it.
Jude300 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 12:53   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Hey! Welcome to Team BHP and congrats on your first car

IMO 6500 for fabric seat covers is a little steep.
That's for bumper to bumper insurance. Its sold as additional package, the standard insurance is not b2b.

Also, in Pune 8000 are charged towards "handling" - it was shown as 6500 in that image. That's for "handling" the car in transit and RTO registration.
Old 14th July 2015, 13:25   #312
BHPian

I had been waiting for this car for the past 2 years, as a replacement for my Getz. Had huge expectations, most of them got unfulfilled post the dealer visit and test drive.

Positives: Space

Negatives: Key features missing in AT, car lacks a premium feel, poor biege interiors, feels underpowered in lower gears, does not come in exciting colors - Red and Deep Blue colors which came in earlier Jazz now discontinued (that's a KEY negative for me)

All in all its a mass car, with a steep pricing not apt for a mass car. Honda seems to be going the Maruti way.

I'm being forced to look towards the Elite i20.
ipsanand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 14:03   #313
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review, gentlemen. Rated the thread a well deserved 5 stars. This one was eagerly awaited.

The front looks a lot like the current gen City and I am sure it will eat into the Amaze pie soon.

Some features are sorely missed, the magic seats, large boot space and other stuff surely make this an interesting hatch.

Surprisingly, I wonder why black is not available as a color option.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 14:13   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is similar to my 2009 City. It does not have a central locking button, but when you lock the driver's door, all the doors automatically get locked. Essentially serves the same purpose, so there's no need of a central locking button.
Yes, that's what I was talking about.
It's the same in my Jazz as well.

Serves the purpose..and I don't think we need a separate button for that.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 14:13   #315
BHPian

Fantastic review...I was eagerly waiting to replace my current car in India, the lovely Swift ZXI with the paddle shifter but alas won't be happening anytime soon. Unless they get the 1.5, and all safety features and magic seats given it gets used a lot to pick me from airport and drop me back. Hopefully in a future refresh. I still can't get why you would not get auto for your top end version ! Some logic ! Having driven fit elsewhere, I do love the car. But this version just doesn't cut it for me. So much for all the hype ! A good car, that could have been great !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks