Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 11:58   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

They have been told that only white is a solid colour and orange is metallic. I asked him about it 4 - 5 times and he finally agreed that it looks solid to them but they are going by what they were told. I later realized that the pricing sheet says only Tafeta White is solid.
I have a price sheet from Capital Honda which specifically states only taffeta white and sunset orange are non metallic colours.
I tried to upload it but somehow am not able to.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:13   #287
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Is the glass used in the New Jazz from Saint Gobain as well, like its predecessor?
Old 13th July 2015, 12:17   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
SA told me Sunset Orange will be available only in top end version and it's metallic! Didn't look so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
The Orange shade looked stunning. I am sure it is not metallic, but is it pearl finish?? Honda dealers have only mentioned Taffeta White is the only non-metallic shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
They have been told that only white is a solid colour and orange is metallic. I asked him about it 4 - 5 times and he finally agreed that it looks solid to them but they are going by what they were told. I later realized that the pricing sheet says only Tafeta White is solid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I have a price sheet from Capital Honda which specifically states only taffeta white and sunset orange are non metallic colours.
The official brochure clearly states which are the metallic colours and which are the non-metallic colours, and also the pearl finish ones are clearly distinguished:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Solid Colours - Taffeta White, Sunset Orange.
Pearl Finish Colours - Carnelian Red Pearl, White Orchid Pearl.
Metallic Colours - Alabaster Silver Metallic, Golden Brown Metallic, Urban Titanium Metallic.

Please keep this in your mind when you go to check out the Jazz as a potential purchase, and get a quotation for the same.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-rate.jpg

Honda charges 5,000 rupees extra for metallic & pearl-finish shades, so you better save some of your hard-earned money the next time those ignorant Honda salespersons try to take you for a ride.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2015 at 12:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:28   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The System in i20 is better. Sensors are better in judging the distance, being audible. Camera becomes difficult when light is poor, and in slushy condition where the camera is soiled with mud. Hence ideally a combination would be the best.
Makes sense..
I just asked couple of colleagues who own the City about this. They seem to be happy with the reverse camera and they felt they don't need parking sensors (kind of nice to have but not essential). I asked about the dark conditions and they said that together with the rear lights, the camera does okay.
I think the reverse camera is also kind of well-hidden so that it doesn't get soiled easily but it might happen (not sure).
Just wondering isn't the display on the mirror much smaller than the display on the screen of the ICE? So, having the display on the ICE should be better...No? So, isn't that an advantage of the jazz/City vs I20/Verna? But, i haven't used the I20 's reverse camera. The reverse camera on the City felt pretty good to me. So, again, not sure. May be the combination of the display on the mirror plus the sensors in the I20 is more usable than the bigger display of the jazz/City

Last edited by adimicra : 13th July 2015 at 12:36.
Old 13th July 2015, 16:29   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Makes sense..
I just asked couple of colleagues who own the City about this. They seem to be happy with the reverse camera and they felt they don't need parking sensors (kind of nice to have but not essential). I asked about the dark conditions and they said that together with the rear lights, the camera does okay.
I think the reverse camera is also kind of well-hidden so that it doesn't get soiled easily but it might happen (not sure).
Just wondering isn't the display on the mirror much smaller than the display on the screen of the ICE? So, having the display on the ICE should be better...No? So, isn't that an advantage of the jazz/City vs I20/Verna? But, i haven't used the I20 's reverse camera. The reverse camera on the City felt pretty good to me. So, again, not sure. May be the combination of the display on the mirror plus the sensors in the I20 is more usable than the bigger display of the jazz/City
Having owned a i20 and now a Verna, from my personal experience, the one in the i20/Verna is better. The display is small and the resolution is high giving more pixels per inch and making the display very sharp and moreover, having the display integrated in the IRVM helps in quickly monitoring the rear from mirror as well. On the other hand the one in the head units of City, the display looks a bit washed out and it is not that sharp either. Just my 2 cents
karts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 17:02   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM-4 View Post
Is the glass used in the New Jazz from Saint Gobain as well, like its predecessor?
AIS Asahi.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-2015hondajazz13.png

Another one.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 17:03   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense..
Yes I agree with you. I previously owned Etios and I have fitted reverse parking sensors and also reverse camera (after market fitting). More than the camera, I had to rely on parking sensors only, especially during dark conditions.

In Honda City, I am comfortable with the reverse camera and able to see clearly in the dark with parking lights on. Though I thought of fitting reverse sensors, I dropped the idea. In my personal opinion, the reverse visibility was better in Etios than in City, and here I am able to manage without reverse sensors.
Old 13th July 2015, 17:07   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense..
I have recently bought a City VX with parking cameras. They do show a lot but a sensor can be considered a good investment. The camera only shows but the sensor makes a noise and alerts the driver. So more robustness to the whole system. My wife is asking me to get the sensor (Rs. 6,000) also installed which I may on the first service due later this month.
Old 13th July 2015, 17:55   #294
BHPian

Went to Crystal Honda on Saturday to see the Jazz first hand and TD. They had a Golden Brown V MT in display. Some of the things I noticed

Outside
  • From the outside, the car looks big and spacious. It was parked right next to an Amaze and it was clear how big it looked as compared to it.
  • The golden brown colour looks smashing especially when the sun shines on it.
  • From behind, the boot seems to protrude out a tad too much. (I am nitpicking here) but overall the car looks very well proportioned from the outside.

Inside
  • From the inside, I sat in the back seat first. Since this was the V variant it had the the beige fabric. Overall the interior gives a very bright and airy feel.
  • Did not like the feel of the fabric too much (not premium quality by any means) and found that I was sitting low with very little support under my thigh.
  • Noticed quiet a few storage spots for bottles, etc and when I sat in the middle.
  • The space in the back does not feel adequate for 3. For me, this is the case for almost all hatchbacks (including the i20). I know this is contrary to a lot of reviews that state there is enough space for three.
  • In the front: Found the front seats much more supporting with good back and under-thigh support.
  • The steering felt good to hold but the size seems smaller than my OHC -ZX.
  • I did not overall like the dashboard due to its asymmetry. As someone else has pointed out: looks like different pieces were brought together and placed onto the dash without giving proper thought to make them appear as a single unit.
  • Space wish found the front also to be very roomy/airy.
  • The boot is humongous for a hatch!

TD impression of the AT
  • They had the S CVT as their AT test drive car. Since it was a Saturday around 4pm, Viman Nagar and the adjoining areas were very busy with a lot of traffic. The showroom also had a lot of activity. Hence the TD was a short one (2 KM approx) close to the showroom.
  • I put the car in D mode and let go of the brake and the car started moving, no use the accelerator required so far. A lit tap on the accelerator and the car starts to go faster. So the situation when you are going in bumper to bumper traffic, the car has you covered as all you need to do is let go of the brake to get the car to go.
  • Traffic light starts were another thing though. I let go of the brake and try to push the accelerator harder and all I get is the engine revving and no acceleration from the car. Its only after around 2-3 seconds that the car realises that I want it to get going and starts to move faster.
  • Unfortunately, due to a very busy stretch of road, I never really got the chance to go faster (always remaining under 35-40Km/hr) so can't comment on how the car feels at higher speeds.
  • The steering feels light but the turns seemed precise and I did not find anything amiss there.

I plan to do a longer test drive of the CVT next weekend and this time take my better half along to see how she likes it. I do wish Honda should have provided better seats (front and back) to the top end CVT so that I did not end up feeling like I am not driving a premium car (that too when i am paying 9.28L OTR for it).
ashua is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 19:59   #295
BHPian

Got the following quote for the V CVT model from my dealer.I suspect there are quite a few unnecessary addons and one should be able to reduce the price further.

PS. Any idea what is a clay bar?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150713_075140.jpg  

Old 13th July 2015, 20:17   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post

A.K.A "Teflon Coating", Polishing, yada yada.
Old 13th July 2015, 21:06   #297
BHPian

Just visited Pride Honda in Banjara Hills. No sign of "crowds", just a couple of families, one of whom was settled on a Mobilio anyway. Also seen: lethargic salesmen, the folks did not even bother to ask me for my phone number, just lazily handed over a brochure and a price sheet. As a performance, this is even worse than the local Ford SA during the EcoSport frenzy..

There was no AT for test drive- only on display. First impressions
- Looks better in real life than in photos
- Nice, spacious with wide supportive seats
- Plastic quality is definitely acceptable
- It was S-A-D not to have the AT in VX trim. I sat down in the rear seat, and..no adjustable headrest. I got a quick flashback to my 5 lakh Indica's rear seat.

None of the models offer ESP, side/ curtain airbags etc.....

Conclusion? I think I will wait for options...
Old 13th July 2015, 22:36   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Got the following quote for the V CVT model from my dealer.I suspect there are quite a few unnecessary addons and one should be able to reduce the price further.

What is SERVICE CHARGE and how is it different from Handling and Administration charge? I think earlier only the later charge used to be applied.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 01:50   #299
BHPian

Clay bar @ 6100 Rs? I'll get you one from here at 15$ and you should be all set. When they want blood, they go for the jugular, don't they!

Carpet lamination? haha.

Please do negotiate with them on these. It just looks downright obnoxious.

I am baffled why Honda wouldn't provide the top end trim in a petrol automatic. Maybe, they don't want to break the 10L barrier but they could've done something to shoe-horn it inside that 10L. My forecast : the i20 will continue to lead this segment.
Old 14th July 2015, 02:18   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1) Service charge/Handling& Admin charge - get details and remove from quote

2) Insurance - zero dep: Try to take it on your own - you can save some money

3) Zero depreciation - refer 2

4) Carpet lamination - don't take it (if you want it, get it done outside and it costs < 2K)

5) Antirust - don't opt for it

6) Clay bar - don't opt for it

7) Extended warranty and roadside assistance - check with other owners whether it is really worth taking

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th July 2015 at 02:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks