Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2018, 16:04   #2521
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Looking forward buy to Creta Diesel AT for a cousin, is there any possibility that Hyundai is going to launch the full loaded model like they did with Verna recently?.

Last edited by mjumrani : 16th December 2018 at 16:05. Reason: Typo.
mjumrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 15:53   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Looking forward buy to Creta Diesel AT for a cousin, is there any possibility that Hyundai is going to launch the full loaded model like they did with Verna recently?.
+1 to that query, even I would like to know if anyone is aware of rumors / possibility of a Creta Diesel SX(O) AT being launched in the near future. Sorry about a quoted response, team-bhp forum does not have an option to up-vote queries.

Last edited by SR-71 : 17th December 2018 at 15:55.
Old 18th December 2018, 08:55   #2523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
I have got a Creta Diesel AT last month. Everytime the car goes over a speed hump there is a clanky noise from the front left suspension. It's like something is loose. Car has run only 1300km.
Went for first service today. But the service folks are unable to pin point at the reason yet after 3 hours of probing and multiple test drives. Anyone here has experienced such noise before? Any leads on possible reasons would help. TIA.
Yes, have noticed that on my car as well. Not always, but on certain speed over huge speed breakers. I have the service coming up next month. So will check with them and update.
Old 18th December 2018, 18:36   #2524
BHPian

Is the tyre size same for all models of Creta i.e. irrespective of 16" or 17" rims?

I am confused if the tyre size is larger for 17" model then won't the ground clearance go up as well, even if not much?
Old 18th December 2018, 18:46   #2525
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
Is the tyre size same for all models of Creta i.e. irrespective of 16" or 17" rims?

I am confused if the tyre size is larger for 17" model then won't the ground clearance go up as well, even if not much?
No. It is different.
  • E and E+ variants - 205/65 R16 Steel wheel
  • S and SX variants - 205/65 R16 Alloy wheel
  • SX AT, SX Dual Tone, SX(O) variants - 215/60 R17 Alloy wheel

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th December 2018 at 18:51.
Old 18th December 2018, 18:50   #2526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
I have got a Creta Diesel AT last month. Everytime the car goes over a speed hump there is a clanky noise from the front left suspension. It's like something is loose. Car has run only 1300km.
Went for first service today. But the service folks are unable to pin point at the reason yet after 3 hours of probing and multiple test drives. Anyone here has experienced such noise before? Any leads on possible reasons would help. TIA.
I had a similar clanky noise issue with my EcoSport and it was irritating to say the least.

The service advisor did a great job at pinning down the issue to incorrectly set bonnet hold rubber mounts in the front. Once that was corrected, I do not hear any funny noise now. Worth a try in your case as well I hope!
Old 18th December 2018, 20:29   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No. It is different.
  • E and E+ variants - 205/65 R16 Steel wheel
  • S and SX variants - 205/65 R16 Alloy wheel
  • SX AT, SX Dual Tone, SX(O) variants - 215/60 R17 Alloy wheel
Thanks @a4anurag.

But doesn't this change in overall size result in different ground clearance for top model vs lower models? If yes, then in reviews do we get to know the ground clearance for CRETA top model only?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_2.jpg

Or am I missing something here?
Old 20th December 2018, 10:24   #2528
BHPian

It does.. Hyundai just doesn't bother to update the GC spec for the larger tyre vehicle.
Old 23rd December 2018, 07:58   #2529
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @a4anurag.

But doesn't this change in overall size result in different ground clearance for top model vs lower models? If yes, then in reviews do we get to know the ground clearance for CRETA top model only?

Attachment 1829200

Or am I missing something here?
Officially for tyre upsizing, one can go upto 3 percent variation between the original and upsized tyre. The variation in your calculation is at 2.49% which is acceptable.
The impact of this is increased ground clearance and also slightly incorrect speedometer reading on upsizing.
Both can be compensated by revising shock absorber damping and meter calibration.
Two questions remain to be answered
1. Whether Hyundai has calibrated damping and meter to compensate tyre diameter change.
2. If not, which tyre was used originally for calibration / GC measurement, the larger or the smaller one
Old 23rd December 2018, 10:01   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
2. If not, which tyre was used originally for calibration / GC measurement, the larger or the smaller one
Yes, thats what is confusing me. The official special about GC is for lower model (16 inch) or top model (17 inch).

By the way, how soon can we expect new Creta model after 2018 facelift? In 2019 or 2020?
Old 23rd December 2018, 21:16   #2531
BHPian

My Recent outing near Hyderabad !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20181111_132734537.jpg  

Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 12:13   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, thats what is confusing me. The official special about GC is for lower model (16 inch) or top model (17 inch).

By the way, how soon can we expect new Creta model after 2018 facelift? In 2019 or 2020?
The first facelift for creta was done approximately 3 years after launch.
I am assuming the next one will be atleast after 2 years from the first facelift (AFAIK the 1st facelift was done in June 2018).
So the next one will be only after June 2020

Last edited by TorkBHP : 24th December 2018 at 12:14. Reason: Correction
Old 24th December 2018, 12:34   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
The first facelift for creta was done approximately 3 years after launch.
I am assuming the next one will be atleast after 2 years from the first facelift (AFAIK the 1st facelift was done in June 2018).
So the next one will be only after June 2020
There should be one before April 2020 cause of BS6 norms coming into play. From what I hear from various forums, Hyundai might return its current 1.6L diesel mill to a lower state of tune to meet the norms. I wish Hyundai brings in the Creta SX(O) Auto 1.6L Diesel before they retune it, I will definitely add one of those to my garage !
Old 26th December 2018, 21:07   #2534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi

I spoke to the folks at plastidip; Vijay Nagar, Bangalore. My requirement was to make the chrome grill at the front and the chrome strip at the rear number plate section in to Matt black. The person who spoke was not sure about the Creta grill being removed easily. He said something about it being a little tough to remove and we might have to even remove the front bumper to access the front grill. Would you know about this?

I might put it off for a while since the plastidip garage is at the other end of the city and I would need to do this on a weekend, possibly more than half a day including travel time.

I gave up the idea of plastidip for the chrome. Instead I managed to get the front grill from the base variant from one of the showrooms for 1.5k, obviously the accessory guy seems to have made the money.

The base variant grill in black and grey is not readily available unlike the chrome ones, so i was passing by one of the showrooms and happened to ask the accessory guy if he had any new Creta buyers changing this and there was one new car just then getting the grill changed. Obviously I could not just exchange it with the owner, so had to shell out 1.5k from my side to get that base grill. The folks at the showroom were surprised that I wanted to get rid of the chrome grill, but that is what I wanted.

And now to the only chrome bit left in my car, the rear chrome garnish. This is more difficult to replace since I need the silver body coloured piece that comes in the base variants and it has to be ordered specially and then painted. Quote is around 3.5k. I will explore other showrooms and see if there is an exchange possibility.

Lastly, the accessory guy was telling me that for about 35k you can get the facelift Creta bumper, grill and all other fittings. So it is possible then! But I think post the grill change my silver Creta looks subtle and neat. That 35k is down the drain.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 08:48   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I gave up the idea of plastidip for the chrome. Instead I managed to get the front grill from the base variant from one of the showrooms for 1.5k, obviously the accessory guy seems to have made the money.

The base variant grill in black and grey is not readily available unlike the chrome ones, so i was passing by one of the showrooms and happened to ask the accessory guy if he had any new Creta buyers changing this and there was one new car just then getting the grill changed. Obviously I could not just exchange it with the owner, so had to shell out 1.5k from my side to get that base grill. The folks at the showroom were surprised that I wanted to get rid of the chrome grill, but that is what I wanted.

And now to the only chrome bit left in my car, the rear chrome garnish. This is more difficult to replace since I need the silver body coloured piece that comes in the base variants and it has to be ordered specially and then painted. Quote is around 3.5k. I will explore other showrooms and see if there is an exchange possibility.

Lastly, the accessory guy was telling me that for about 35k you can get the facelift Creta bumper, grill and all other fittings. So it is possible then! But I think post the grill change my silver Creta looks subtle and neat. That 35k is down the drain.
can you please share a pic as i would like to know the fit and finish of the installation. I have gotten used to the chrome bits now and it does complement the car or may be i have just got used to it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks