Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 15:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

By not having a good petrol engine Ford is losing out on a large chunk of customers. With a competent petrol engine Figo could have easily sustained 6k+ monthly sales.
But for those looking for a Diesel motor, no other engine comes close to this engine's drivability.
You never feel the turbo spooling or the lag of it. Predictable and linear power delivery makes your city drive a lot more fun than the competitors.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 9th November 2015 at 15:08.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 15:19   #32
BHPian

Re: Exterior

Excellent review Rehaan and Thanks for reviewing the DCT in particular, the significant difference between Figo and the GT TSI is that the max toruqe is available at a low 1750 RPM in TSI, correct me if I'm wrong and the TSI has a better torque spread. Wish Ford had given the DCT in a lower variant too to make it more affordable.

The diesel is clearly the best in segment at the price that it is offered, performance near to the GT TDI at about 1.2 - 1.5 lacs lesser

Last edited by GTO : 10th November 2015 at 09:47. Reason: When the alternatives are many, we compare the car to the best-sellers only
Old 9th November 2015, 15:51   #33
BHPian

Great review! Thank you Rehaan.
Good to see the new launches offering essential security features. Ford has got it right again, but this time the competition is really really tough.
Old 9th November 2015, 15:52   #34
BHPian

I'm thinking of buying the new Figo 1.5D, however, confused with the launch of Baleno.

Having test driven both, I feel the Figo diesel has a gem of an engine, however the overall package of Baleno feels better.
I'm not a fan of the Baleno diesel engine, but the petrol one felt responsive enough to drive.

Fellow BHPians, can you please help me out with your suggestions?
Old 9th November 2015, 16:03   #35
BHPian

An excellent review that details every single aspect. I had the old Ford Figo and loved its steering feedback and dynamics. Its sad that this one misses that steering. And thankfully the ground clearance has increased, for the old one kissed even the "aspiring" speed breaker, leave alone the tall ones.

The look is awesome, and the front interiors are par competition. And this is by far the best price position from Ford. Well played !

But, the service is where all this fades away. My earlier days seemed to be breaking the myth of "Ford is expensive". But my last few services on Ford ASS, proved to be very expensive. I gave away my old Figo after 85,000 Kms, not withstanding the thought of my next few services.
Old 9th November 2015, 16:09   #36
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo review or edited aspire review?

I was eagerly waiting for this review rather than the aspire. I got surprised while reading it and noticing the dates in the pics and felt like I had read it already.

I was shocked when I compared this review with the aspire's. . .

Except the interiors and the DCT version remaining part is the edited (replacing aspire with figo and so on) version of the aspire review with the same pics. I don't remember if I have seen something similar on T-bhp before. Whenever the reviews are same (mostly in face-lifts) a link of the existing reviews are given rather than editing them and posting as a new review.

A shocking diwali gift for me!
naren_L is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 16:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvhersh View Post
I'm thinking of buying the new Figo 1.5D, however, confused with the launch of Baleno.

Having test driven both, I feel the Figo diesel has a gem of an engine, however the overall package of Baleno feels better.
I'm not a fan of the Baleno diesel engine, but the petrol one felt responsive enough to drive.

Fellow BHPians, can you please help me out with your suggestions?
Hi Dhruvhersh, my cousin has recently finalized the Baleno. He has also shortlisted the new Figo, even though the drive was better with Figo (Diesel), he considered Baleno, since he wanted a overall good package of drivability, cost of ownership, fuel efficiency and maintenance cost. That's all made him choose Baleno over Figo.
Ashdel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 16:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo review or edited aspire review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_L View Post
I was eagerly waiting for this review rather than the aspire. I got surprised while reading it and noticing the dates in the pics and felt like I had read it already.

I was shocked when I compared this review with the aspire's. . .

Except the interiors and the DCT version remaining part is the edited (replacing aspire with figo and so on) version of the aspire review with the same pics. I don't remember if I have seen something similar on T-bhp before. Whenever the reviews are same (mostly in face-lifts) a link of the existing reviews are given rather than editing them and posting as a new review.

A shocking diwali gift for me!
Apart from What you'll like section,I am not quite sure which other part you are referring to. All the pictures are from Figo and not Aspire. I don't see copy paste and edit anywhere else(Am i missing something here). The exterior, the interior shots are definitely of Figo and not Aspire.
Old 9th November 2015, 16:42   #39
BHPian

Great review Rehaan - rated thread fully deserving 5 stars. Now eagerly awaiting the Baleno review! With so many new launches, am sure the Mods have quite a hand full!

Ford will have to develop a good 1.2l engine to cope up with Maruti / Hyundai if they want to play in 10k+ numbers. Very competent car and is just what the doctor ordered for Ford to get back in the top half of the table. With EcoSport, Aspire and Figo, they have a good lot of cars now in their repertoire.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 16:45   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Brilliant review as always. Having booked one recently and waiting for the delivery, it is satisfying to know that Figo has got high marks from a Team-BHP moderator. That speaks volumes about the credibility and the trust, the reviews carry for the general public.

Based on the review, I am wondering if I should switch to a diesel model though my usage is not going to be very high , still I would like to enjoy the car whenever I am driving.

thanks again and rated 5 *
You should !!! I just got mine on Friday and I cannot stress on how much fun it it is to drive the diesel. It feels much quicker than my Honda City.. Infact I am struggling a bit to keep this diesel under control..
Old 9th November 2015, 16:59   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Except the interiors and the DCT version remaining part is the edited (replacing aspire with figo and so on) version of the aspire review with the same pics.
I agree that the reviews have a lot of similarity/commonality.

But then again, the cars are pretty much identical, except for the last 25% of their length. Even when you compare the weight of both the Figo and Aspire, they differ by only around ~30kg on average, showing just how similar both are. In that respect, they're almost different variants of the same car. So it is reasonable to find that the reviews are also very similar.

Your complaint probably stems from the fact that there's not much new to read here, apart from the AT review. I can sympathize with that, but that is not due to the moderators/reviewers, but due to the design decisions that Ford made And even there, I won't fault Ford - it would have been so easy for them to neuter the Figo hatchback to make the Aspire compact sedan appear more premium over it, and Ford have very kindly stayed away from that temptation.

Last edited by arunphilip : 9th November 2015 at 17:15.
arunphilip is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 20:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Superb review and it was worth the wait just for the fact that the DCT and the infotainment system were reviewed in such detail which cannot be found elsewhere. Kudos to the mod team at T-BHP for the depth in which they review the cars.

As for the case of the Figo, it seems to be a well made car with that stonker of a diesel. But with the trademark Ford handling missing, I doubt if previous Ford customers would like to give it a shot. Ford was first known for handling followed by straight line speed. But owing to mass market taste, Ford slowly seems to be following the herd. Lets hope they don't ditch us enthusiasts and give us something to fill the void left by the brilliant Fiesta sedan.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 22:19   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Would you mind sharing the details of the upgrade , like the size , the tyres used and the cost. It would be very helpful as I am looking to buy a aspire this week and the only thing troubling me are the wheels. And what about the warranty , will it be affected in any way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
That's a great looking Figo. The fat rubber should make the steering better as well. All the car needs now is blacked out headlamps and probably tail lamps.
Thanks guys.

Those are 15" wheels with 195/55 Conti Max Contact 5 tyres

The cost of the upgrade was aprox 29k for the wheels (set of 4) & INR 5400/tyre.

Regarding the warranty i don't see a reason why the warranty of engine or gearbox going void, the only thing which may be affected would be the suspension which would anyway last long enough before the car requires another tyre change.
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 22:51   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. When the cars are quite identical and the features are almost same then what is the point posting same images (except the first one) and edited version of text as a new review (please check carefully the segment - The Infotainment System) instead of giving a link which is a common practice here?
There could be always a chance that the reader/prospective buyer is going to go through only one of these reviews based on his requirement. So, the reader would like to have all the information in the same thread rather than getting redirected to a different link which takes him to a review of a car in a different segment. This is just my opinion.

Face-lift example is a different example though.
arun_josie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 10:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Ford's approach can be considered safe and conservative.
But handling shouldn't have been changed so drastically from Ford's standard. No man would have felt that good handling is a deal breaker.

Not exactly a deal breaker, but worth pointing out: The Figo's boot space has gone down by a fair bit compared to the older gen. The Old gen had 285 litres, but this one has 247 litres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks