Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-80.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanavas (Post 4422337)
Any suggestions of how I should raise this issue to ford india?

Details:

Ford Figo Titanium TDCI August 2016 model
ODO 18,945 Kms
From Kairali Ford (Cochin-Kerala)

It's come off at the joint of the mid pipe and of the catalytic converter, not from the engine.
Was the joint rusted off and broken or the bolts were missing.
I don't think the pipe would have hit something either since it's quite high as well.
If it's a rust issue and the breakage due to that, that's a quality issue.
I couldn't make out any from the pictures though.

Edit ; Saw the pictures again and saw the flange has come off. I think that part is welded to the pipe. Normally that will occur If the vibrations on the pipe are excess, looks like weld quality issue here.

I have noticed water seeping inside brake lamp, I visited Cauvery Ford , Mangalore but they had shortage of manpower to even take a look, so considering a visit to some ASC in Bangalore. Can this be easily rectified or needs replacement ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thilak29 (Post 4422491)
Can this be easily rectified or needs replacement ?

Why bother with repairs? If it's in the warranty period, just get it replaced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4422561)
Why bother with repairs? If it's in the warranty period, just get it replaced.

I have replaced stock bulbs with OSRAM LED bulbs, can they reject warranty claims on those grounds ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thilak29 (Post 4422565)
I have replaced stock bulbs with OSRAM LED bulbs, can they reject warranty claims on those grounds ?

Yes they can. But it all depends on your relationship with them. One solution is to install back the stock bulbs before claiming warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typlo (Post 4422176)
Anyway, I'm facing an issue of hard gear-shifts, although I never feel like I'm gonna miss a shift, just hard shifts. To give you all a better picture, I frequently missed shifts on my Swift Dzire because of the crappy gearbox but it was smooth and light. On the Figo, it is just the opposite. I have to make a positive effort to switch to second, third and so forth. I'm thinking whether should I get it checked by the service centre or wait for the first service to get it done? Help would be appreciated. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by espraveen (Post 4422335)
The gear shifts on the Figo are 'HARD', there's no two ways about it:). But, I am saying it in a positive way.The gears slot in quite nicely, actually(with the exception of the reverse gear which is a pain in the neck!). I have never really disliked it having driven the car(diesel variant) for more than 90K KMs so far. Only thing is, you would get free gym sessions for you left biceps during your drives:D

P.S.: I would still suggest you to get it checked at the service centre in your next visit to see if the gearshifts are extraordinarily hard, even by Figo standards!!

I think 'notchy' would be a more appropriate adjective.

We have faced this on our Figo as well. Initially we complained to the ASS and they inspected the shifter cables and lubricated and adjusted them. It has improved only slightly but I guess its the nature of this gearbox.

Overtime I've learnt to be gentle but firm with the shifter. I've noticed that if you try too hard, the shifts are difficult. But if you are gentle and just guide the shift lever the shift happens without a hitch.

On a recent visit to the ASS, the SA also mentioned something similar. His exact words were 'Sir, use just two fingers (thumb and index finger) for using the lever. It'll work nicely. Don't use full force. It'll get stuck.' :p

Completed 40,000kms last week, 23months since purchase of my Figo 1.5 AT. My time with the car has been mostly very good. The chassis, engine and gearbox together while sluggish in city traffic, comes alive and kicks arse on the highway and how!

It is a magnificent yet understated hatchback. Only had to change the shoddy and ridiculously noisy stock tires to Michelin XMTs.

Ford Figo : Official Review-enlight539.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-enlight549.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri (Post 4429868)
Completed 40,000kms last week, 23months since purchase of my Figo 1.5 AT.

Mind sharing the TPMS system you use on board and whether it voids the warranty? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by typlo (Post 4429927)
Mind sharing the TPMS system you use on board and whether it voids the warranty? :)

While we wait for the TPMS brand, the warranty will not be void if you dont cut or splice any wires during the connection of TPMS! Even the sheath of the wire should not be cut to tap into the connection. Then you are fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4430022)
While we wait for the TPMS brand, the warranty will not be void if you dont cut or splice any wires during the connection of TPMS! Even the sheath of the wire should not be cut to tap into the connection. Then you are fine.

Then what about the parking sensors I just purchased with my Ford Figo? :Shockked:

I'm sure the module was connected somehow to the right reversing light. Although the work was carried out by service center as an accessory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typlo (Post 4430080)
Then what about the parking sensors I just purchased with my Ford Figo? :Shockked:

I'm sure the module was connected somehow to the right reversing light. Although the work was carried out by service center as an accessory.

Because it never was, is or will be a genuine warranty argument. Dealerships don't care for shoddy workmanship as long as it's them making money off it.

I'm not advocating shoddy workmanship and inherent risks involved, far from it, and there are definitely jobs that are best done at A.S.S. because they have the tooling and access to OEM technical know-how to do it properly and upto specification.

I just don't subscribe to 'A.S.S. knows best' mindset most companies peddle by default. Nobody would if they spent a day at an A.S.S. workshop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typlo (Post 4429927)

Hello. It's Zeepin Internal TPMS. There is no voiding of warranty because the in-dash monitor has no physical connection to the sensors you place in each tyre, hence no cutting or splicing anywhere in the car other than the tyres.
To install the sensors all you have to do is cut out the metal valve stems from each tyre and fix in its place the sensors that have valves in them as well. Any good local tyre station will do it for you.

This YouTube video of the product and it's installation.
https://youtu.be/IoALE2CwApg

Thanks and Cheers!

Guys, today while driving at slightly over 100kmph on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, I felt a sudden lack of power from my Figo diesel. It was felt only for a fraction of a second. After another 10 seconds, I felt the same lack of power and the engine stopped responding to my accelerator inputs. As the speed started to fall, I changed the gear to fourth and that is when the engine stopped. However, it came back to life as soon as the clutch was released. But again, there was no response to my accelerator inputs. Speed was dropping continuously and after the car reached the speed of 40kmph, the car stalled on its own and a spanner mark was seen on the MID. This actually indicates- Powertrain Malfunction. After that, I cranked the engine and came back to life with the spanner mark gone. I drove the car for another 20kms after that. I tried replicating the same behaviour and I may have experienced the same lack of power for a fraction of a second when I was driving at 60 in the 2nd gear and thus the revs were high. Though I am not too sure if I actually experienced it the second time or whether it was just in my mind due to my previous experience.

Has anyone experienced this before? What could be the reason/reasons behind this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri (Post 4430167)
Hello. It's Zeepin Internal TPMS. There is no voiding of warranty because the in-dash monitor has no physical connection to the sensors you place in each tyre, hence no cutting or splicing anywhere in the car other than the tyres.
To install the sensors all you have to do is cut out the metal valve stems from each tyre and fix in its place the sensors that have valves in them as well. Any good local tyre station will do it for you.

Thanks and Cheers!

Can you please share more details about this. I ride on 195 55 R15 tyres. Somehow I am constantly bothered to check air pressure. The side wall is thin and it constantly urges me to get the pressure checked which mostly turns out to be at right pressure.

I think such product can resolve my constant worry. Is it accurate with readings? Does it support an app based viewing as well? In case of a flat tyre, will it rupture the sensor module? How much does it cost and where can I buy it.

Pardon me for too many questions. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4432336)
Can you please share more details about this.

I think such product can resolve my constant worry. Is it accurate with readings? Does it support an app based viewing as well? In case of a flat tyre, will it rupture the sensor module? How much does it cost and where can I buy it.

Pardon me for too many questions. Thanks

Is it accurate with readings?

Yes quite accurate. I have compared readings of the sensor reading with that at the N2 air filling station AND my portable air pressure device. You can actually see the tyre pressure change as the car is driven over long distances (especially increase because of air expansion due to temperature)

Does it support an app based viewing as well?

No the sensors are only readable with the onboard monitor. This is also why the sensors have a very small battery and yet have a claimed 5-7 year battery life (don't remember the exact duration)

In case of a flat tyre, will it rupture the sensor module?

Depends on what flat tyre you have. Unless the tyres hit something big and hard enough to blast your tyre/ damage the wheels e.g. in case of a major accident in which case there are more things to worry about other than those sensors, you should be absolutely fine as the sensors are totally tamper proof.

How much does it cost and where can I buy it.

I bought mine from Amazon U.S. site for $50 plus $30 in shipping and customs that in total comes to roughly Rs 4000 for the set. Sellers in India charge unaware and unassuming customers around Rs 10-15K for similar product so unless you know local dealers personally (for good deals), buy from Amazon U.S. Even after shipping and customs charge while checking out, you'll still pay less than the local dealers I think.

The product will actually remove your worries. For e.g. I recently had an incident where something hit my wheel which I didn't pay much attention at that time but after continuing to keep on driving, I noticed a 2PSI drop in one of the tires by the TPMS. I stopped to check the same tyre and found a massive nail lodged neatly into the tyre. I was in a hurry for work so I continued with the same tires, thinking that only if the tyre pressure starts dropping even more should I get it fixed immediately.
The pressure held on as the nail acted as a plug (thanks to tubeless tires) and I got the tyre fixed many hours later. My point being that you can be in complete control of the tire status and decide properly what to do and when.

On a very hot day you can actually find the tyre pressure get alarmingly high and you can reduce the tire pressure esp if you are doing long road trips. It keeps you completely informed about the things that connects your car to the road, and for that the TPMS is worth every penny. All expensive vehicles have TPMS built it, the same type of internal TPMS sensors as this product are factory fitted into the BMWs and Audis and higher end Honda's, etc.

The YouTube video I shared earlier is self explanatory for installation and here is the product link (the seller ships to India - I got the Internal TPMS1 but now there is a Internal TPMS3 newer model for $3 extra)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Cheers and safe driving!