Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-77.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by varun.ppl (Post 4367356)
On a similar note, for Petrol Titanium variant, here in Gurgaon, even before negotiation, they're offering a Dec'17 variant at 5.7 Lacs OTR, I guess post table discussions should help in making the deal sweeter, but thanks for the info on diesel one, as it's considerably cheaper than the petrol variants of similar hatchbacks.

I see only Grand i10, Swift in same league. So yes its definitely cheaper than even the petrol Swift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast (Post 4367601)
What was the discount that you managed to squeeze out??

I think it must be close to 1.6L cause the OTR for ghaziabad works out to nearly 8.7L (according to carwale). If that's the case then you have definitely managed to get a very good deal.

Not sure if its 8.7L now. It was 8.09L in late Jan this year. So ultimately it was 7.10L OTR for me after discounts. This included zero dep insurance from Ford preferred and basic kit(which I exchanged with rain visor and body side beading at the time of delivery).

My first post on Team-BHP.
So to begin with, Hello everyone! Feels great to be a part of this community!

So we own a Red Figo TDCi Trend and its has been almost two years with the car. Having covered just a tad more than 20000km, I'm just in love with this red beauty!

Here are some pics
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20161106_141344_smaller.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20161106_145305_smaller.jpg

Please ignore the dirty tyres and aero-flap. That's a story for some other time stupid:

I had a few questions about ICE upgrade. Has anyone got a Pioneer/Sony/Kenwood/JVC unit retrofitted on in place of the existing unit?
If so, any suggestions on how to go about it?
I've searched the forum a lot but haven't found much.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I guess you need to buy a face plate most probably from aliexpress which would fit in the dashboard and could accommodate a touchscreen unit.

Hi All,
My Figo 1.5 D Titanium (Nov 2015) is now almost 39k on the odo and the tyres are now showing their age. Planning to shift to 15" rubber next time and change before the monsoons set in here in Kerala.

Had a few queries:
1. Is it ok to upgrade from 175/14 to 195/15 or should I limit to185/14 ? Would it void the warranty somehow? Currently stock alloys are in place.

2. How much value will I get for my stock alloys outside if I want to upgrade to open market 15 " alloys ? Any suggestions for a good trustworthy brand ?

Not having any bit of knowledge when it comes to tyres and alloys. Could somebody help ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtox (Post 4376850)
Hi All,
My Figo 1.5 D Titanium (Nov 2015) is now almost 39k on the odo and the tyres are now showing their age. Planning to shift to 15" rubber next time and change before the monsoons set in here in Kerala.

Had a few queries:
1. Is it ok to upgrade from 175/14 to 195/15 or should I limit to185/14 ? Would it void the warranty somehow? Currently stock alloys are in place.

2. How much value will I get for my stock alloys outside if I want to upgrade to open market 15 " alloys ? Any suggestions for a good trustworthy brand ?

Not having any bit of knowledge when it comes to tyres and alloys. Could somebody help ?

Both upgrades will lead to warranty being void.

Having said that, the 195/55 R15 is what the car deserves. The 185 is a good upgrade too and will give you better handling and braking and better cornering.
Since the car is light, from a safety point, it is good to upgrade, preferably to R15.

With the stiffer suspension and 195/55 R15 on my Aspire, there are still instances when I feel if the car will loose composure during high speeds over a rough patch.

No idea about resale value of the alloys.

Quote:

Is it ok to upgrade from 175/14 to 195/15 or should I limit to185/14 ? Would it void the warranty somehow? Currently stock alloys are in place.

Any change in tyre size will void the warranty. Since it is the Diesel Figo, the best size to go for if you are changing to after market alloys is the 195/55-15. In fact the best bet for you in case you want to avoid the hassle of looking for alloys in the open market is to upgrade to the Figo Sports alloys and get the tyres from outside in the 195/55-15 size. In this way, you will not have to bother about multi PCD alloys, hub rings etc. The alloy of the Figo S will be of the correct PCD and matched to the Figo hub so you will not face vibrations at high speed or any other issues.

Quote:

How much value will I get for my stock alloys outside if I want to upgrade to open market 15 " alloys ? Any suggestions for a good trustworthy brand ?

Stock alloys after almost 40k kms might go for around 4-8k for all 4 of them inclusive. In case you are not going for the Figo S alloys, you can look at Momo or HRS as they are good brands with sturdily built alloys. I have Momo on my car. :)

Quote:

Hi All,

Had a few queries:

195 will serve the car very well. I have them since the day I took delivery. On my second set of tyres and 64k kms in 2 years. Warranty depends on your rapport with your ASC. I had my front shocks replaced twice under warranty, first at 1k kms and second at 10k while being on 15 inchers.

I got 18k for alloys and tyres IIRC. You can get maybe 8k depending upon the condition of the alloys. Try posting on OLX et al to get better deals.

There are many options. Try Sai Mag Wheels maybe. Make sure to get the correct PCD. I have Bridgestone Potenza iii. They are good but prone to punctures

Cross posting for the benefit of Figo owners, Freestyle offers sunblinds as an accessory.

Just picked up a 2016 Registered (MY 2015) Figo Titanium Diesel with 46,000 kms for 4.2 Lakhs. Needed a car for office runs and while I went through a plethora of used cars, this one instantly appealed the enthusiast in me. It is a single owner car, The tyres were changed recently and although I was a little concerned about the high mileage, I got all the service records verified from Ford. Everything was clear and the last service was just done recently. Hence went ahead with the purchase. Loving the car so far. If any existing Figo owners can point out at some issues to get checked, I will do so.

P.S:- The Figo shares the garage with an S-Cross 1.6 and the Ignis Petrol

Is the 1.5 TDCi a dud below the turbo zone? I have to floor the pedal heavily to overtake in a jiffy or climb an uphill if at all I fall way below turbo and it takes much time to get into speeds; this was not the case with the VW 1.6 or the Nissan 1.5.

Also, the FE I get on MID is 18 kmpl, while it was 19 on the Vento and 21 on the Micra.

And, rattlings are not absent, which was not the case with my other cars.

Agreed that top speeds are good.

Truly speaking, I'm not much impressed, especially with the fact that the engine is not that open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 4392643)
Is the 1.5 TDCi a dud below the turbo zone? I have to floor the pedal heavily to overtake in a jiffy or climb an uphill if at all I fall way below turbo and it takes much time to get into speeds; this was not the case with the VW 1.6 or the Nissan 1.5.

Also, the FE I get on MID is 18 kmpl, while it was 19 on the Vento and 21 on the Micra.

Any car will take a bit to regain the momentum once the RPM falls below the turbo spool threshold. The scale to which it feels lethargic depends on a few factors like no. of cylinders, the turbo charger size, FGT or VGT, etc.
1. FGT vs VGT - FGT is marginally better in case of city driving since the turbo spools up a bit quicker comparatively. Highway behavior is quite opposite though.
2. 3 cyl vs 4 cyl - 3 cylinder engines are marginally better in terms of initial pick up than equivalent 4 cylinder ones. I felt the difference first hand when I had to drive my friend's 1.2 Polo (3 cyl). Despite having vibration and typical 3 cyl clatter, the Polo managed to pick up the initial pace better than the lethargic behavior of my Aspire 1.2 (4 cyl).
3. Smaller vs larger turbocharger - Smaller turbochargers are always quicker to spool up but will lose the steam pretty quickly (good for city driving) while larger turbochargers take some time to spool up but withhold their breath longer (good for highway driving).

Micra diesel has limited top end (65 bhp approx) and thus might require a smaller turbocharger which will help in city rather than on highway.
Vento's engine, though similar in capacity (1.5 l), has a significantly higher torque output than that of the Ford's.
These could be the reasons why you feel the difference.

And the fuel efficiency drops if we try to floor a turbocharged engine. Any turbo charged engine is sensitive to throttle inputs.

Quote:

I have driven the new Figo extensively but have never felt the lag so prominently below the turbo zone. Although I try my best to rev match and keep the revvs above 1800 rpm, in instances where it falls to ~1500, I did not find the lag to be that bad - almost comparable to the 1.6/1.5 TDI. However if it falls below that, it takes time which again is similar to the other engines you mentioned.

Quote:

And, rattlings are not absent, which was not the case with my other cars.

Agreed that top speeds are good.

Truly speaking, I'm not much impressed, especially with the fact that the engine is not that open.

I wouldn't say it is a dud unless you are in too high a gear for that rpm and speed.
Also if the air filter is dirty, it impacts the pre turbo pick up a lot.
The 1.5 tdci can be revved and it's quite smooth at that, so it's better to be in the right gear and rev it than wait for the turbo to kick in.

18 kmpl is a good figure for this engine.

Figo S vs regular Figo.

I got the regular Figo in Feb'18 and upsized to 195 55 R15. This seems to have increased the ground clearance by 6mm. Coming from Punto I feel the ride is bouncy. Is this just me who feel Figo ride is bouncy compared to older model. I am contemplating a change of suspension springs.

Has anyone driven both the variants. How different is the Sport variant in terms of ride. Figo S springs seem to be the safest bet but I want to be sure if the difference is significant or I should be looking at some other performance springs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4395387)
Figo S vs regular Figo.

Figo S springs seem to be the safest bet but I want to be sure if the difference is significant or I should be looking at some other performance springs.

You basically have 3 options,

1. The one you mentioned, springs of Figo S.
2. Get the springs of the UK based, Ford KA+. They are better than that of Figo S, but sourcing them would be a problem.
3. Eibach or Bilstein springs, then again installation could be an issue.