Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-75.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by teemus (Post 4336992)
I am facing the exact same issue with my wife's VIVO. It used to connect earlier but all of a sudden it started refusing connection. I deleted her phone and went on to ADD DEVICE but still it pops up as wrong PIN. Any other work around?

My iphone connects flawlessly though.

You should try deleting all the connected devices from your system and then try to pair up her Vivo. That is how I was able to solve the problem with my device. In my case, the system had reached the threshold of 5 paired devices.
Hope it works.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiranjitp (Post 4336832)
Don't think so much of smoke is normal & I believe our 2016 Ecosport tdci doesn't smoke so much. Let me try to make a video after the engine is warmed up.

Here are the two videos that I have made. The car in the video is a 2016 Ecosport diesel & has done around 27000 km on the odometer (last serviced at 20k kilometers). The car was run around 10 kilometers in city traffic conditions before the video was made.

As we can see the smoke is very less compared to what the figo in the video was emitting & I think this much of black smoke is normal from a diesel engine. Though I must add that our Punto with the 1.3 multijet used to smoke a wee bit less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLn7Q1_QSzg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CrYKG4wmk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4336792)
I have seen one Figo smoking like hell yesterday while climbing Coorg (but the engine is under load here).

I would agree that the 1.5 TDCi smokes more than the likes of 1.3 multijet. Having said that, I have seen many people while driving uphill tend to drive in a higher gear than required & hence bit of engine lugging is involved. This could also cause thick black smoke emission from diesel engines.

Is anyone using the Ford's rear view mirror camera accessory. How useful it is considering the price of 12k. Is it Auto dimming as well?

Any pic of it with reverse engaged will be helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4340896)
Is anyone using the Ford's rear view mirror camera accessory. How useful it is considering the price of 12k. Is it Auto dimming as well?

People in this forum say that there is no way of dimming (neither auto nor manual dimming) on that Ford accessory. An IRVM with camera input but without auto dimming.. hmm.. sounds like it is not worth the price. Instead you could opt for an aftermarket reverse camera with display being mounted on the dash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4340896)

Not worth the 12k. It doesn't have auto dimming as mentioned above. The reverse video output is good , but just for that you can go for much lower priced options outside Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4341059)
Not worth the 12k. It doesn't have auto dimming as mentioned above. The reverse video output is good , but just for that you can go for much lower priced options outside Ford.

Actually i was looking at accessories list yesterday. I found only this somewhat worthy. So i negotiated to get this free. And finally salesman obliged.
Now i am wondering whether to take this or some 3M services

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4341075)
Actually i was looking at accessories list yesterday. I found only this somewhat worthy. So i negotiated to get this free. And finally salesman obliged.
Now i am wondering whether to take this or some 3M services

If it is free , may as well go for it, but night driving can be a pain due to the glare hitting the mirror. I have fixed two sun shades on the rear window of thin mesh which helps to an extent

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4341082)
If it is free , may as well go for it, but night driving can be a pain due to the glare hitting the mirror. I have fixed two sun shades on the rear window of thin mesh which helps to an extent

I am planning white figo. I will be tinting rear glass black. I guess that will give some relief.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4341088)
I am planning white figo. I will be tinting rear glass black. I guess that will give some relief.

That’s a good idea. I have the camera installed and there’s too much glare even during the day. It’s hard to see the display in bright sunlight. The tinting will definitely solve the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joethomasv (Post 4341315)
That’s a good idea. I have the camera installed and there’s too much glare even during the day. It’s hard to see the display in bright sunlight. The tinting will definitely solve the problem.

Thanks for sharing the pic. Anyhow sales person is reluctant to convert any of the accessory into cash discount. So I will go ahead with this.

And I am also planning to copy same Momo alloys setup as yours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4341088)

If it is a Titanium variant, avoid tinting. An improper tint fitment job can result in a malfunctioning defogger. You are better off using sunshades.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4341082)

Night driving gets uncomfortable because of headlight glare on that IRVM. I was thinking of getting custom sized thin mosquito net mesh with velcro fitted on the rear glass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skanchan95 (Post 4341319)
Night driving gets uncomfortable because of headlight glare on that IRVM. I was thinking of getting custom sized thin mosquito net mesh with velcro fitted on the rear glass.

Now I am really confused whether to go for it or try to swap it with some other freebies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4341327)
Now I am really confused whether to go for it or try to swap it with some other freebies.

I suggest you go for the footwell lighting accessory and rear parking sensors(audio warning only) instead. But insist on getting the warranty card for both. Door side rubrails look good too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skanchan95 (Post 4341332)
I suggest you go for the footwell lighting accessory and rear parking sensors(audio warning only) instead. But insist on getting the warranty card for both. Door side rubrails look good too.

With rubrails you mean LED scuff plate? If yes I have already negotiated that apart from IRVM camera.

Ambient lighting I will avoid. Not something I like inside car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4341334)
With rubrails you mean LED scuff plate? If yes I have already negotiated that apart from IRVM camera.

No...i mean the side protection moulding on the doors(black/body coloured with chrome highlights).

The LED scuff plate too has an issue. As it is thick, the insides of the door rub against it evertime the door is closed. It get scratches very soon. LED scuff plates fitted on the Ecosport too has the same issue. I opted for thinner steel scuff plates instead. Details in this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4189216

If Ambient lighting brightness is an issue for you, the colour and brightness can be controlled with a mobile app