Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-66.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOTROD (Post 4245927)
Thank you guys, I will see how it turns out when I am about to refill again. :)

Its much ado about nothing. Drive with a light foot over a long stretch to increase the average MID mileage and see the DTE shoot up. Inversely, drive hard in city traffic and watch it nosedive. Like car's paradise said DTE = avg x fuel remaining

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4246037)
Its much ado about nothing. Drive with a light foot over a long stretch to increase the average MID mileage and see the DTE shoot up. Inversely, drive hard in city traffic and watch it nosedive. Like car's paradise said DTE = avg x fuel remaining

True.

So no need to worry about DTE and AFE fluctuations.

Just keep an eye on the Fuel Gauge :)

Finally something to look forward too.
http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...xt-year-405631
The two biggest -ve with the Figo/aspire were it's petrol engines and interiors.
A more fuel efficient and / or powerful petrol 1.2( both would be fine:D) and better interior design and features.
This may be the last chance for the brand Figo! Ford don't screw up!lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo1o1 (Post 4248553)
Finally something to look forward too.
http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...xt-year-405631
The two biggest -ve with the Figo/aspire were it's petrol engines and interiors.
A more fuel efficient and / or powerful petrol 1.2( both would be fine:D) and better interior design and features.
This may be the last chance for the brand Figo! Ford don't screw up!lol:

The article doesn't really mention anything about what the power figures would be like, and whether performance is proposed to be significantly improved over the present lacklustre petrol engines. The interior refresh would be a welcome change, however. the new interiors of the upcoming Ecosport are rather fetching!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbandit (Post 4250500)
On a side note another concern would be the horns going kaput early. I've had both my horns replaced within 7 months, one being today and another a few weeks back. It seems this too is a common issue faced by Ford owners these days as per the service center. Sa told it's mostly due to water and probably a design flaw that's causing them to go bad.

This is not good at all. The reason I stick to OEM horns and rarely even replace them is due to the water entry issue on most after market trumpet type horns! If OEM itself is bad then not sure what to do! Did they replace it in without any cost to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4250516)
This is not good at all. The reason I stick to OEM horns and rarely even replace them is due to the water entry issue on most after market trumpet type horns! If OEM itself is bad then not sure what to do! Did they replace it in without any cost to you?

Yes !! They are covered under warranty. And replaced both at no cost. Though the first procedure if you complain a horn issue is a tune up which involves fixing the horn and if the problem persists you get a replacement. However I got a replacement under warranty both the times.

Is the Titanium plus variant not available anymore? Was at elite ford showroom in bangalore yesterday. I was given a price list that only has Titanium and Titanium (O). I am told by the SA that the T+ variant doesn't come anymore but he can get it made to order within 1-2 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron_head (Post 4251316)
Is the Titanium plus variant not available anymore? Was at elite ford showroom in bangalore yesterday. I was given a price list that only has Titanium and Titanium (O). I am told by the SA that the T+ variant doesn't come anymore but he can get it made to order within 1-2 months.

If it was really discontinued then how can he get it made to order. The dealers are probably not keep it in stock anymore. The way the Ford system works is that the dealer has to order his lot 2 months in advance and the production and supply is based on that. So if your dealer orders one for you now, you will get it about 60 days later.

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...n-india-405678
Now spotted in India!
Can make out a newer lower bumper design from under the camo.
Hoping that they redesign the interiors more inline with the new fiesta or upcoming Ecosport.

Test drove the Figo diesel and boy does it fly. Everything in the driving feels like it is a well engineered car and the engine just keeps pulling and if you wouldn't have told me,i would guess its a petrol with a good linear power delivery. And the steering is not as light as the Ecosport so i liked it better, couldn't judge the feedback much though. Another point, the ORVMs are tiny. The space inside is i10/swift standard.
Wanted to try the petrol as well but the TD car wasn't available.
Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron_head (Post 4251316)

I saw the same price list here as well. And the SA said that the Titanium+ could be ordered. Also noting that the TD car was a Titanium+ .
Btw, if I were you,i would order the Titanium+ anyway since I would prefer the smartphone dock over the SYNC system, if the sound quality isn't too different.

Has any one taken a test drive of the recently launched sports variant. If yes, please narrate the experience . How does it feel in comparison to normal figo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 4251550)

I saw the same price list here as well. And the SA said that the Titanium+ could be ordered. Also noting that the TD car was a Titanium+ .
Btw, if I were you,i would order the Titanium+ anyway since I would prefer the smartphone dock over the SYNC system, if the sound quality isn't too different.

I am also leaning towards the T+. That voice control would be very helpful. But A factory fit mobile holder dock is too good to resist because I use GPS all the time and none of the mobile holders I bought have ever stayed stuck to the windshield. Now that I can get 6 airbags on both T & T+ , I am trying to decide between the dock and the voice control!

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron_head (Post 4252528)
I am also leaning towards the T+. That voice control would be very helpful. But A factory fit mobile holder dock is too good to resist because I use GPS all the time and none of the mobile holders I bought have ever stayed stuck to the windshield. Now that I can get 6 airbags on both T & T+ , I am trying to decide between the dock and the voice control!

Wouldn't voice control work with your phone. If you go with the T(O) you can even use Android Auto or any other app on your phone that will offer a lot more functionalities.

On the other hand you will miss out on the supremely comfortable leather seats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4252547)

On the other hand you will miss out on the supremely comfortable leather seats.

Isn't the leather seat only available on Aspire? I dont think Figo T+ offers leather seats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron_head (Post 4252556)
Isn't the leather seat only available on Aspire? I dont think Figo T+ offers leather seats.

You are right. :thumbs up ! The leather seats are offered on the Titanium+ variant of Aspire while the Figo T+ still gets fabric seat covers itself.