Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-69.html)

Thanks for the support guys. Booked the white titanium diesel few minutes ago. The sales advisor said that the car has been billed and will leave the factory on 8th.

Will now have two figo 's and that too in white.

The sales representative from Hyundai called in the evening after I booked the figo, and when I told him about my decision, he didn't believe at the first place and started telling crap that sir, you are already using the figo and you know that it is a crap vehicle with no resale value, no service and sales in our city, costly spare parts etc. While I gave him my piece of mind and said I damn care about reselling my cars and if that was the case I would have selling my old figo by this time, this entire conversation left a bitter taste altogether. I was left confused and questioning my decision.

Please understand the sales person's pressure. He is just talking for making a living. Please empathize with them and politely ignore the lies he has to spew for making his living. Newly recruited sales guys have this issue which makes them feel unduly upset when we reject. The seasoned ones like the one I met at TATA, took it in their stride and wished me well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4265001)
no resale value, no service and sales in our city, costly spare parts etc. While I gave him my piece of mind and said I damn care about reselling my cars and if that was the case I would have selling my old figo by this time, this entire conversation left a bitter taste altogether. I was left confused and questioning my decision.

He may be right in that the resale value might be lower for the Ford's - but I have a feeling that the Figo diesel will have high demand in the 2nd hand market in future. Doesn't really matter though, if you are a keeper like me.

Everything else he said is crap. If you are buying from a dealer then he will give you service; is it not near your town?

As for spare parts, Fords are the cheapest cars to maintain today. Quoting a friend here "I have spend 20k in 1.5 years on my endeavor and that includes 3 services and 4 sets of brake pads." And this for a truck that costs over 30 lakhs.

Quote:

The sales representative from Hyundai called in the evening after I booked the figo, and when I told him about my decision, he didn't believe at the first place and started telling crap that sir, you are already using the figo and you know that it is a crap vehicle with no resale value, no service and sales in our city, costly spare parts etc. While I gave him my piece of mind and said I damn care about reselling my cars and if that was the case I would have selling my old figo by this time, this entire conversation left a bitter taste altogether. I was left confused and questioning my decision.

I have driven both cars and trust me if you like anything about driving, they are nowhere even close. The Figo Diesel is the best drivers diesel car you can get under 10 lacs and the i10 is like a sofa, meant to be driven around in comfort.

As far as service and spares go, you only need a 2-3 hrs service once a year. I would buy a car even if i had to drive 2 hrs both way to the service center just to keep that car the remaining 364 days. And the Ford will be cheaper to service and maintain than even the petrol i10, let alone a diesel i10. I would be willing to give it to you in writing. Just check ford india's website for the service pricing. The only thing that could hold true is the resale value and even that is not that bad now. Figo Diesel is a really accomplished car and everybody knows that by now.

Quote:

I was left confused and questioning my decision.

You shouldn't really. It is your choice and for buying a car especially, you should go by what you think is right and suits best for you ☺️.

We have 2014 Grand i10 Asta(O) and a 2016 Figo Titanium+. Both are 1.2 Petrols.

The Figo scores over the Grand i10 in terms of space, high speed stability, steering, brakes, superb AC and some features of the Titanium+(Sync and six airbags).

The Grand i10 scores over the Figo in terms of great fit and finish, more responsive engine(1.2 petrol), better service and better aesthetics. The new Grand i10 also has reverse camera and reverse sensors, which the Figo lacks.

Ford service and spare parts are much cheaper compared to Hyundai. However, quality of spare parts is questionable (the Figo/Aspire Headlamp cluster for example, which is suspected to be made of poor quality materials).

Overall, in the one and a half years of Figo ownership, felt the Figo is better and more VFM, but the rattles and squeaks from door panels and other places can be annoying. On the other hand, our three year old Grand i10 has no rattles or squeaks so far.

I have always felt that cars like Grand i10 and Ignis, for the size and space they offer, are overpriced.

Any owners here who are driving in the dusty areas of Bangalore (really which area is not dusty anymore in B'lore??) but still replacing the air filter at 20000 kms interval as specified by Ford? Asking this because during my 10,000 kms service which was done a bit early at 8550 kms the air filter was not replaced even though i requested for it and only cleaned and put back. During the replacement of my headlamps in warranty, I asked for the Air Filter element also to be replaced. The odo was at ~9000kms. The difference the change in Air Filter made is drastic to say the least at least to me. The engine now revvs freely and the number of gear changes has reduced by leaps and bounds. Not sure if my air filter from the factory was already saturated or what the issue was but I really missed this free revving feeling even after completing 5000kms on the odo. So I am now thinking of replacing the air filter every 5000-7000 kms. Any input from other owners..? The filter also does not cost a lot at 200 bucks. So no point delaying something that robs the fun of the drive itself at such a low cost of replacement.

For that low a price you are infinitely better off changing the air filter in our choking conditions every 10k kms for sure. I would probably go a leg further and say diy it every 5k kms.

Guys while I have been waiting for the white titanium, there is a silver titanium with another dealer. Should I transfer Iing for the silver in place of white?

There is already a white figo with me. Smoke grey and deep blue were my first choice, but dealers are not quoting any concrete date for the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4269291)
There is already a white figo with me. Smoke grey and deep blue were my first choice, but dealers are not quoting any concrete date for the same.

Purely a personal choice. If it's a daily run around the silver will age very well. If you already have a white, go for the Silver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4267880)
Any owners here who are driving in the dusty areas of Bangalore....... The difference the change in Air Filter made is drastic to say the least at least to me. The engine now revvs freely and the number of gear changes has reduced by leaps and bounds.... Any input from other owners..? The filter also does not cost a lot at 200 bucks. So no point delaying something that robs the fun of the drive itself at such a low cost of replacement.

:thumbs up I have been replacing the Air Filter every 10K KMs, although the roads my car is driven on aren't as dusty as in Bangalore. My car (current Odo ~66K KMs) still feels as peppy to drive as in the initial days (Air Filter replacement may or may not have contributed to it, but I think it's always a good thing to replace it within 10K KMs)

Quote:

Guys while I have been waiting for the white titanium, there is a silver titanium with another dealer. Should I transfer Iing for the silver in place of white?

If it is possible - YES. I have the Ingot Silver and its a very nice colour. Easy to maintain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by espraveen (Post 4269331)
:thumbs up I have been replacing the Air Filter every 10K KMs, although the roads my car is driven on aren't as dusty as in Bangalore. My car (current Odo ~66K KMs) still feels as peppy to drive as in the initial days (Air Filter replacement may or may not have contributed to it, but I think it's always a good thing to replace it within 10K KMs)

Good advice that too coming from a long term owner like yourself. I distinctly felt a difference when i changed the filter at 9k on the odo. The low end specially was a very noticeable improvement with lesser gear changes required on the same stretch on which I needed to change gears frequently in low speeds. Even the free revving nature of the engine was felt after this change. So thinking of sticking to within 10k replacement or even go a step further at 5k itself if i feel the engine becoming sluggish. I know an overkill at 5k but the kind of roads I drive, the dust is very high and I dont want to keep a saturated air filter running as it may have a long term impact on other components?

The Figo's updated Titanium+ variant has been spotted in Bengaluru in dual-tone shading by a Motorbeam reader.

Quote:

The vehicle has contrast black ORVMs and roof. It also has alloy wheels and a chrome strip at the rear.
Recently a few Ford dealers claimed that the Titanium+ variant was discontinued as Microsoft had to update the SYNC system, so, our guess is this must be the updated Titanium+ variant.
Ford Figo : Official Review-fordfigotitaniumrear.jpg

Quote:

Had decided for silver after white, but somehow couldn't convince myself. So decided to wait and get either the smoke grey or deep blue. Delivery is promised around Diwali.