Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-67.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron_head (Post 4252528)
I am also leaning towards the T+. That voice control would be very helpful. But A factory fit mobile holder dock is too good to resist because I use GPS all the time and none of the mobile holders I bought have ever stayed stuck to the windshield. Now that I can get 6 airbags on both T & T+ , I am trying to decide between the dock and the voice control!

Voice control is not very good(speaking from my experience with the Ecosport) and as samaspire said, your phone's voice assistant, like google now/assistant works WAY WAY better. So just get the Titanium+

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan (Post 4251761)
Has any one taken a test drive of the recently launched sports variant. If yes, please narrate the experience . How does it feel in comparison to normal figo?

TD car was not available here in Ludhiana. But a friend of mine has bought the Figo S TDCi, so I'm attaching a video review by him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WznSFl1G_o0

2nd Service Update: Completed the 10,000 kms / 1 year service at 8550 kms / 5 months of ownership.

Straight forward service with oil, oil filter and ac filter changed along with sump gasket & windshield washer solution. All this came up to 2500/- with majority of it being the cost of engine oil. But full credit to the Ford technician for spotting the rat bite of the windshield washer pipe and coupler that supplies water to the rear wash-wipe. I was quoted 900/- for the washer pipes & coupler but in the end was charged 528/- for both parts as well as labor for fixing them. The final bill was 3028/- including this rat bite repair. The car was in a very dirty state owing to the rains in the past few days. So the highlight was actually the car wash guys who did a very thorough job of getting the car fully clean and sparkling!

All in all it was a very good experience at Elite Ford Mahadevapura.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4257409)
2nd Service Update: Completed the 10,000 kms / 1 year service at 8550 kms / 5 months of ownership.

Isn't it nice to get such pocket friendly bills?:)

Curious to know why get the car serviced 1500kms in advance?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4257465)
Isn't it nice to get such pocket friendly bills?:)

Oh yeah ! Definitely. Was pleasantly surprised that the bill was around 3000/- which included the 528/- extra for rat bite issue. Else it would have been 25xx/- only!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4257465)
Curious to know why get the car serviced 1500kms in advance?

Had some travel plans owing to the upcoming holidays. Also the engine note was sounding a bit coarse too. The service reminder started showing up as well. So thought let me go ahead and get the service done.

Also forgot to mention in my previous post, my handbrake was a little lose and had quite a bit of free play. Gear lever also felt like it had developed some excessive play. Both these were addressed as part of the inspection they carry out without me having to mention anything. The car also feels much tighter overall ! That seat of the pants feel of a tighter, smoother sounding car proves a job well done for me! :D

Guys I'm on the Verge of buying a figo for the second time. Have been using a 2010 figo tdci. This would be an addition and the first one won't be sold. Go a quote of 6.73 ex showroom for the titanium diesel and 6.45 for trend. Also basic accessories of 2.8k and third year warranty as free.

Almost everyone is telling me to skip the figo as it would be the same car again. Our running would be low but want a good performing engine, so settling for the diesel. Other options for me are baleno delta petrol and grand i10 petrol.

Should I buy the figo again over the trusted and more popular baleno and i10? What are your views?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4261353)
Should I buy the figo again over the trusted and more popular baleno and i10? What are your views?

The 2010 Figo that you have and the new Figo are not at all the same cars !! So anyone telling you that please dont go just by their word. I am an ex Fiesta Classic 1.6 petrol owner who moved to the New Figo Tdci. Compared to the Fiesta itself, i feel the Figo is an upgrade in terms of certain creature comforts. Given that build quality has taken a dip but the Diesel engine is a power house which you have to experience to believe. Shift gears at 2.5k rpm and see the magic this engine has to offer. And couple that with very good FE and you have a winner. Titanium is priced and specced perfectly for what it offers in that price range. Simple, if it is a VFM diesel that you are looking for, then Figo is a good bet at that price range. While you are at it, you can opt for the Figo S Tdci.

Coming to the choice of petrols, both the Suzuki and Hyundai Petrol engines are very good and it is very hard to chose one over the other. If you need a big cabin then Baleno else Grand i10 should do. You cannot go wrong with either. Select based on the requirement rather than thinking that the new gen Figo will be similar to the Figo you already own. :) All the best with the selection and do keep us posted on what you finally decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4261353)
Guys I'm on the Verge of buying a figo for the second time. Have been using a 2010 figo tdci. This would be an addition and the first one won't be sold. Go a quote of 6.73 ex showroom for the titanium diesel and 6.45 for trend. Also basic accessories of 2.8k and third year warranty as free.

Almost everyone is telling me to skip the figo as it would be the same car again. Our running would be low but want a good performing engine, so settling for the diesel. Other options for me are baleno delta petrol and grand i10 petrol.

I was in a similar boat a couple of weeks ago. I went ahead with the Figo Titanium TDCI :D.

The cars I checked out seriously were-

1. Baleno petrol
2. Ignis Petrol
3. Ignis Diesel
4. i20 Petrol
5. i10 Petrol
6. Aspire Petrol
7. Figo Diesel

Initially I had booked the Baleno Delta petrol. It felt like a very safe and sensible choice. However I never felt any connect with it even after taking multiple test drives. I was being offered the i10 Asta at 6.85L on-road with about 10% of the on-road price being offered as discount. However, I never felt any thing special about it other than the features of course. The speedometer in the i20 takes ages to climb up. The Figo connected with me as soon as I put my feet on the accelerator on the highway :D.

Having driven a Fiesta(2007 model) for around 10k Kms, I can tell you that this car is completely different and offers a lot over the Fiesta in terms of features and the engine. Two things which you will miss is the steering feel and the build quality. In short, you should go ahead with the Figo if you connect with it.

Also, do check out the Aspire and the Amaze petrol as well. I found them to be quite peppy, especially the Amaze.

Thanks for the required push. Would have settled for the aspire, but I am already stretching for the diesel. Had a budget of 6 lacs initially.

Have decided on the deep impact blue regular titanium diesel. Will book it this weekend.

The dealer is offering mats and mudflaps worth Rs. 2850/-. Should I skip it? It would be discounted of I don't opt for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4262016)
Have decided on the deep impact blue regular titanium diesel. Will book it this weekend. The dealer is offering mats and mudflaps worth Rs. 2850/-. Should I skip it? It would be discounted of I don't opt for it.

Congrats on deciding the car! Mats are fabric variety and get soiled very easily. Mud flaps may be effective on the regular Figo with the 14 inch wheels. Since I have upsized the wheels to 15 inch the mud flaps are hardly effective in keeping the spray from the tyres reaching the doors and door sill area.

Quote:

Thanks for the required push. Would have settled for the aspire, but I am already stretching for the diesel. Had a budget of 6 lacs initially.

Have decided on the deep impact blue regular titanium diesel. Will book it this weekend.

The dealer is offering mats and mudflaps worth Rs. 2850/-. Should I skip it? It would be discounted of I don't opt for it.

What's the offer that you are getting. Pls mention the official discount by Ford and the additional dealer discount separately.

You should definitely skip the official accessories. Instead, go for the additional discount.

The dealer is saying that he will update about the offer of this month in few days. Last month it was 6k off on ex showroom price. 3rd year extended warranty free and accessories worth Rs. 2850/-.

Should I try for more?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4262041)
The dealer is saying that he will update about the offer of this month in few days. Last month it was 6k off on ex showroom price. 3rd year extended warranty free and accessories worth Rs. 2850/-.

Should I try for more?

Definitely!!!

3rd year EW is free, by default, if you are an existing Ford customer. Overall discount should definitely be higher. And don't go for the official Ford accessories. Not worth it. You can get far better accessories of your choice from outside at reasonable rates.

Have enquired from 3 dealerships in my state and all are offering the same. Will definitely try for more.

Quote:

I was being offered mudflaps and mats(boot mat too) as a part of basic accessories for 5k. I skipped the whole package and opted only for mudflaps(worth 1k) separately. I checked out the mats given by them and they are of mixed fabric and plastic construction with fabric covering on top of a plastic base. They complement the flooring of the car but the fabric material on top will surely get washed away pretty soon, especially during rains. Also, I didn't like the feel of the mats when the base of my shoe brushed against it.

As far as your discount is concerned, it appears to be on the lower side. I got a discount of 29k plus complimentary parking sensors worth 2.5k. Though we can't co-relate the deals directly given that we live in different cities and my deal was for the last month. Push for more discounts citing that you have many other options. And do push your SA for complimentary parking sensors over the cash discount you get. It is much easier for them to give you some concession on accessories.