Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-68.html)

Hey guys, took delivery of my Ford Figo TDCI Titanium on 31st August. clap:

Here are a few pics-

Before unveiling-

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20170831wa00151.jpg

A few exterior pics-

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152841.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152825.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152816.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152758.jpg

Added a few accessories namely-

1. Side protection chrome moulding.

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152559.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152610.jpg

2. Chrome waistline strip.

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152619.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152626.jpg

3. Illuminated scuff plates.

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152544.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152549.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152531.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152524.jpg

Other accessories being neck cushions and mudflaps(opted out of basic accessories) which included carpet mats and mudflaps and opted only for mudflaps separately). Got reverse parking sensors complimentary as a part of the deal.

Some interior pics-

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_151625.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_151631.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_151637.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_151720.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_151743.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_151754.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152422.jpg

Minimum leg room-

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_151945.jpg

Max leg room-

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152103.jpg

Leg room at my driving position-

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152131.jpg

Door pads could have been a tad wider-

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152217.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152855.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_153249.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_153412.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_153531.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_153448.jpg

What matters the most :D

Ford Figo : Official Review-20170902_152943.jpg

Initial impressions-

1. The engine is quite good as was evident during the test drive. I plan to drive the car sedately until the first service(2500 km or 3 months). But you can feel that there's a sleeping lion inside the hood waiting to roar. I will be able to give a proper review of the performance only after a couple of months.

2. The build quality though much better than the Japs, is still a notch below the Germans. When compared the old Fiesta(2007 model) which I had, the build quality has come down. The door closes with a thud when you hear it from outside, however on the inside, it sounds almost exactly like my Fiesta when the door used to not close properly. Infact a couple of times, I opened the door and closed it again because I felt that its not closed properly. The people who have own VWs and Fiats and those who have owned the Fords of past will notice a drop in the build quality.

3. The car could do with a few more features. Infact the Aspire was barely there when it came to features when it was launched a couple of years ago. Also, other than features like reverse parking sensors and camera, the Aspire misses out on features like a proper central display(especially the lower models) and a proper display on MID. These features are more cosmetic than functional but these factors do play a big role especially for non-enthusiasts.

4. The car has ample amount of space. It is a big step over the old Fiesta.

Overall, very happy with my choice of car. Feel free to ask an doubt or queries if you have any. Detailed ownership review to follow in the coming months.

Even I checked out the car today and I totally agree with you on the build quality aspect. The inside plastic cover on my figo's boot feels solid and well screwed but on the new one, it felt as if it was cut by a knife. Edges are uneven. For a moment I was rethinking my decision to go for it.

What was the net ex showroom price you got? I got the quote of 6.73 after discount.

Please share the cost of the accessories you have installed? Was it done at Ford?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4262545)
Even I checked out the car today and I totally agree with you on the build quality aspect. The inside plastic cover on my figo's boot feels solid and well screwed but on the new one, it felt as if it was cut by a knife. Edges are uneven. For a moment I was rethinking my decision to go for it.

Well, in that case only VW and Fiat cars will satisfy you. And the Tata Tigor. Trust me, it is a lot better than the Baleno and the i10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4262545)
What was the net ex showroom price you got? I got the quote of 6.73 after discount.

Please share the cost of the accessories you have installed? Was it done at Ford?

The ex-showroom was 6.79L which came to be about 6.48L after discount.

Accessories installed with pricing-

1. Parking sensors- Complimentary
2. Chrome door side protector-4200
3. Illuminated scuff plates-4200
4. Waistline chrome-2800
5. Neck pillows-450
6. Mudflaps-1000

All the accessories were installed from Ford. Additionally, thinking of going for 3M Nomad mats.

That'sa good discount. You got a titanium at the cost of a trend. I will search for more discounts. Which tyres you got as OEM? Planning to upgrade?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AYP
Hey guys, took delivery of my Ford Figo TDCI Titanium on 31st August.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pictures.

Sorry to start my comment on a negative note. But would you mind keeping an eye on your headlights ? Just like the angle from which you have taken the headlight picture.

Refer here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-ecosport.html

This is to get an idea whether you are too effected by above mentioned issue. If yes, then how long it actually takes for that burn patch to arrive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4262592)
That'sa good discount. You got a titanium at the cost of a trend. I will search for more discounts. Which tyres you got as OEM? Planning to upgrade?

Got the Apollos. Not planning to upgrade. :)

BTW, do check out the Grand i10 Diesel. It is quite peppy and it completely surprised me. However, the top-end variant(the only one which comes with both ABS and dual airbags) will cost you around 50k more than the Figo Titanium. Was offered 50k discount without pushing any further. I am pretty sure that you can get upto 60-70k discount if you push hard.

I found both the i10 and the i20 diesel to be better than their petrol counterparts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaXal (Post 4262622)
Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pictures.

Sorry to start my comment on a negative note. But would you mind keeping an eye on your headlights ? Just like the angle from which you have taken the headlight picture.

Refer here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-ecosport.html

This is to get an idea whether you are too effected by above mentioned issue. If yes, then how long it actually takes for that burn patch to arrive.

Actually, I wanted to add a description for the headlight pic saying that I will be keeping an eye for any burn marks on the reflector. Somehow missed that. Yes, I have been following the above mentioned thread and it has got me alarmed. I will be checking the headlights for any patch marks and will be updating here.

Guys I need to finalize between silver trend diesel and white titanium diesel. These are available in stock with two separate dealerships. I want to close the deal before 9th (before the gst hike). I know the Premium cars will be most affected, but I don't want to take risk.

After 6 k cash discount, free fog lamps and 3rd year warranty, the silver trend will cost 6.45 ex showroom and the titanium in white would cost 6.73. I will get the 3rd year warranty on the titanium too.

I am in deep dilemma. Please help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4264428)
Guys I need to finalize between silver trend diesel and white titanium diesel. These are available in stock with two separate dealerships. I want to close the deal before 9th (before the gst hike). I know the Premium cars will be most affected, but I don't want to take risk.

After 6 k cash discount, free fog lamps and 3rd year warranty, the silver trend will cost 6.45 ex showroom and the titanium in white would cost 6.73. I will get the 3rd year warranty on the titanium too.

List out the additional features you would get with the Titanium and then decide. (Fog Lamps, Alloys, auto AC, etc.). What would be the on road price for both?

BTW, white is a very good colour for the Figo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4264428)

Go for the Titanium, eyes closed, irrespective of the colour. Just for 28k, it offers much more than what is being charged.

Talking about the on road price, it would be around 35k more than the ex showroom on both the cars.

The trend would get the missing fog lamps from the dealer in 6.45 ex showroom. The titanium at 6.73 would get retractable mirrors, rear wiper and defogger, auto Ac and alloy wheels in addition.

Adding to the confusion is the discount going on for the grand i10. At 5.2 ex showroom for the sportz petrol it looks terrific vfm. But the mileage is poor and I am not able to feel at home for the Hyundai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4264442)
Talking about the on road price, it would be around 35k more than the ex showroom on both the cars.

The trend would get the missing fog lamps from the dealer in 6.45 ex showroom. The titanium at 6.73 would get retractable mirrors, rear wiper and defogger, auto Ac and alloy wheels in addition.

Adding to the confusion is the discount going on for the grand i10. At 5.2 ex showroom for the sportz petrol it looks terrific vfm. But the mileage is poor and I am not able to feel at home for the Hyundai.

35K is a very good price for all these features. The most important being the retractable mirrors and rear wipe wash. Auto AC too if you are looking for highway drives. and alloy wheels alone are worth 15-20K. So I would suggest go for the White one. And later on if your budget permits get something like a black wrap for the roof, would look fantastic.

Quote:

Dealer fitted fog lamp will get only 6 months warranty and there won't be an indicator light on the MID.

Hyundai will be much more expensive to maintain and the i10 is not at all fun to drive. And you'll get double the mileage with the figo.

Just go for the Titanium :)

I am also inclining over the titanium. In my 2010 figo, got the fog lamps installed from the workshop. No idea about the warranty but it has its own indicator on the MID.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4264491)
I am also inclining over the titanium. In my 2010 figo, got the fog lamps installed from the workshop. No idea about the warranty but it has its own indicator on the MID.

I got the Fog lamps installed by the dealer in my Aspire Ambiente and there was no bulb for the front fogs inside the MID console. Might be a different story with the Trend though. But this is just academic, as you would be going for the Figo Titanium - right? ;)

Quote:

Go for the Titanium. Even I was more inclined towards the Trend initially as I started with a budget of 7L. However, I went ahead with the Titanium as it offers a lot over Trend for only 30k. As far the Grand i10 is concerned, I'd suggest you to go for it only if you can afford the top-end as it is the only one to offer ABS and airbags both. I was getting about 70k discount on the top-end Asta petrol, bringing its price to 6.85L OTR. It does feel more premium from inside, but the Figo TDCI will satisfy the driver in you.