Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-73.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4293708)
There were issues with the earlier batch of Figo/Aspires with the restraint control module for air bags. This could be a case of that as well. There was a recall sometime ago for this too. Not sure if you checked your VIN to see if you fall in the recall category.

Yes my car was part of that recall. I had the software updated also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselritzer (Post 4293530)
Hi, I saw on Quora that folks are asking ways to increase gc of aspire, and even a cousin said that with 4 adults onboard the car scraps big bumps. Does Figo also face similar issues?

No it does not. I have been driving my Aspire for the last 2 years and have not scraped the bottom even once. And this includes times I have been surprised by sudden bumps, and drives over the really bad roads in Manipal. I have so much confidence in the GC now that I don't even go slow over bad roads anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4293708)
There were issues with the earlier batch of Figo/Aspires with the restraint control module for air bags. This could be a case of that as well. There was a recall sometime ago for this too. Not sure if you checked your VIN to see if you fall in the recall category.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4293461)
The diagnostic scan must have thrown the error code and possible causes. Do you have any details of it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4293231)
Quite possible that it could be a rat bite. Some wire could be shorting somewhere or the airbag wire has gotten disconnected somehow. Go to Ford right now:)

The problem ha been solved. there was some condensation on the Restrain control module. Removed the module disconnected power supply. reconnected and everything seems to work fine now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri (Post 4294385)
The problem ha been solved. there was some condensation on the Restrain control module. Removed the module disconnected power supply. reconnected and everything seems to work fine now.

Good it turned out to be a minor issue. Did they give a reason for this condensation? It should ideally not be prone to such things and cause a panic specially on a component as critical as air bags!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4294405)
Good it turned out to be a minor issue. Did they give a reason for this condensation? It should ideally not be prone to such things and cause a panic specially on a component as critical as air bags!

Well there is a solid reason behind this. The car has recovered from a recent flooding incident. There was some water seepage inside he cabin, since water rose to completely cover the car upto the front grill. Had taken the car to the service center then and had to replace the air filter. I am pretty sure that is what caused this. But I kept mum actually to the service advisor. If they find a case of water ingress they'll surely take me for a ride. (although there was a fair bit of chance that their vehicle history would show the incident). But seems like they could not link it. So all is well as of now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavegur (Post 4286689)
Hi

30000km update:

3. As most of aspire, ecosport, figo owners I too got the 'molten eye' on my headlights, its gone for Ford Warranty claim, hopefully I will get it replaced in a week's time- they do not have the spare parts it seems hence the delay.

Can I ask you guys if you have heard that 'buzzing' noise when you tun on the car? It is heard even when engine and AC is off and persists when the engine is running and never stops?!

Thanks for reading.

Z

Got my call early last week for replacement of my headlamps from Ford, both changed free of cost and under warranty.

Need to mention Ford India's professionalism and their commitment to service here.

I spoke to Metro ford as there was no response/ call back on my complaint on 27 Oct- he mentions there is no response from Ford on my complaint, concerned, I wrote a polite email to Ford customer care asking for an update.
Soon as the email had gone and until the 31 Oct 17, I got call from both dealer and Ford every day either updating or saying sorry. Cut the long story short I got to the service station on 31 Oct and got it replaced in less than 30 minutes.

Reason for the fault is unknown and seems that there have been a few similar complaints in the service center. Not sure what happens if the part fails again after warranty period.

And the buzzing noise is still heard and no solutions yet from the service station.

Thanks.

Guys, I'd like to change my headlight bulb to philips extreme vision with the same wattage (55W). However, the service centre is unwilling to honour my warranty if I get them changed. As far as I know, headlamps with same wattage should not cause any issues, then why is the dealership not ready to honour my warranty? I know that many Figo and Aspire owners have got their headlamps changed. How'd you guys do it? Did you consult the service centre/Ford before doing this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AYP (Post 4312238)
Guys, I'd like to change my headlight bulb to philips extreme vision with the same wattage (55W)

If it is just a bulb swap, ideally no need to consult or inform any one. You are using a different make but same wattage bulb. They have no reason to not honor the warranty. Only if you want to go for higher wattage, you would have to go in for a relay with proper wiring without touching the stock wires and upgraded bulbs. Even here they can only deny warranty on battery and damage to the headlamp if any due to the heat from higher wattage bulbs.

Honestly, coming from a fellow figo owner, the headlamps cover quality is so bad that it cannot withstand additional heat from upgraded wattage bulbs. So better to stick to same wattage but better bulbs. Fellow member tharian had it in his car and there was some improvement noticed by him as per his thread.

Ford is testing the Figo facelift together with the Cross version. Unveil at the 2018 Auto Expo on the cards?

Ford Figo : Official Review-24068769_1697996520274948_2540994200696779331_o.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-23926349_1697997136941553_4997108530769389762_o.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-24130080_1697996910274909_2607004877560128099_o.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-23926597_1697996693608264_6463989450621932237_o.jpg

Auto Adrenalin on Facebook

Thanks Avi for sharing this information. Any info if the Ecosport Torque Converter is making its way into the facelift? Also will Aspire also go through the same iteration?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AYP (Post 4312238)
Guys, I'd like to change my headlight bulb to philips extreme vision with the same wattage (55W). However, the service centre is unwilling to honour my warranty if I get them changed. As far as I know, headlamps with same wattage should not cause any issues, then why is the dealership not ready to honour my warranty? I know that many Figo and Aspire owners have got their headlamps changed. How'd you guys do it? Did you consult the service centre/Ford before doing this?

It is plug and play, and the sockets are reachable for the bulbs to be changed by yourself. Replace them back to stock before giving it for service if you are worried that they won't honor the warranty.

I just got my Aspire's fog lamp bulb replaced to yellow ones of the same specs and it was done at the Service Center since I could not do it myself. Initially they said they can't do it. After some explaining that it is of the same specs except that it is yellow, they understood and replaced them for me.

Although our one year old 1.2 Figo Titanium is yet to receive its white spot in the HL assembly, I found another strange phenomenon in the lighting system. Not sure if it is an intended design action or a bug!

So, on turning OFF the car with the indicator stalk activated to either side I noticed that the low beam and rear light stays ON on the respective side even after I locked the car! And it seems to stay ON forever.

It took some time for me to realise, what was causing this issue. I tested the same with the opposite side and the low beam/Rear light stayed ON on the other side as well!

Ford Figo : Official Review-inkedimg_20171212_195145_li.jpg

I am almost certain this is a flaw, however since Ford markets this car as a very clever one, I am curious if this reason misses me! lol: Any idea?

Apparently a fellow bhpian too discovered this issue in his Aspire an year ago, but couldn't find a logical explanation yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivee90 (Post 4321547)
I am almost certain this is a flaw, however since Ford markets this car as a very clever one, I am curious if this reason misses me! lol: Any idea?

It's a feature! Generally found on the germans.

If you're parked in a dark road/highway temporarily you can use this feature to enhance visibility of your car.
Ofcourse in India we just turn on the hazards (almost for everything) but do understand that hazards should ideally be used only during hazardous situations. You may google it for better understanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivee90 (Post 4321547)

Apparently a fellow bhpian too discovered this issue in his Aspire an year ago, but couldn't find a logical explanation yet.

Tried the same in my Aspire.
However, it is the park lamp that remains on, both front and back.

Nice feature:thumbs up

Guys, I am unable to connect my phone with the Figo's non-sync music system via bluetooth. I had the note 2 earlier and it used to connect with the system seamlessly. However, when I tried connecting my HTC desire 820, it failed to connect citing wrong pin as the reason. This happens repeatedly. I had observed similar behaviour with my friends' IPhone 6S a couple of months back though at that time, I shrugged it off thinking that there must be a problem with his phone itself. Has someone else faced this problem? If yes, how can it be rectified?