Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2016, 11:42   #301
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Suraj, got one more request rather than a suggestion buddy:

Ownership Review

I am sure you have at least started planning for one, if not started compiling, but please do if you have not started either
I'm working on mine dude. A bit more patience please. The problem is that I'm always driving so finding time to write down is really difficult. But I'm trying my best.
firstguri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 10:16   #302
Senior - BHPian

Motorbeam has put the 3 fastest Indian hatches through their paces this week and its an amazing article

Link

What I felt was really interesting are the performance numbers (of course):

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-abarthpuntovspologttsivsfigo1.5atacceleration.jpg

This VW GT TSI is proper quick!! Though the 1.5 AT Figo is quicker off the block, it cannot come close to the prowess of that DSG gearbox.

Look at the quarter mile difference between the Abarth & GT:

'The Figo is actually not a match for the Punto and Polo and these cars do the quarter-mile in a rather quick 17.23 and 18.17 seconds respectively.'

OT - From the above article, both the 1.5 GT TDI & 1.5 TDCI Figo are quicker to the ton than the GT TSi. So a remap on these machines MAY actually beat the Punto Abarth numbers.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 28th January 2016 at 10:18.
Vik0728 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 17:03   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
In fact there is no Fiat dealer, let alone Abarth, in Mumbai. Your friend will have to travel to Pune just to get a feel of Abarth.
Does Pune have an Abarth dealership?? Last i checked it was just a plane Fiat Caffe that's all.
Old 28th January 2016, 18:31   #304
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Does Pune have an Abarth dealership?? Last i checked it was just a plane Fiat Caffe that's all.
No, but if you are looking to book the Abarth Punto you can do it at all FIAT dealerships. Only the 500 Abarth is exclusive to FIAT Abarth dealerships.

Last edited by Lij : 28th January 2016 at 18:32.
Old 29th January 2016, 20:09   #305
BHPian

They say you should start your midlife crisis early and get it over with. Ok, nobody says it, but they should. So, in that spirit, I decided to bring forward (at times like this one thinks, why isn't prepone a word?) my midlife crisis and get myself a hot hatch. And I did. Ladies & boys, meet Bichhoo (this is a temporary name until I or one of you can think of something better).

Took delivery today, drove straight to the tyre guy and changed her shoes to upsized Michelin Primacy 3ST. Next on the agenda, how to get an Double DIN touchscreen unit installed that plays nice with the steering controls (damn CANBUS connectors)!

Thanks to everyone on this thread, especially S2 & Firstguri for sharing their experience, expertise and reviews!

I will post a more detailed ownership report over time.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20160129-08.12.51.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20160129-12.58.06.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20160129-13.00.50.jpg  

Last edited by splitinfinitive : 29th January 2016 at 20:19.
splitinfinitive is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 20:27   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitinfinitive View Post
Ladies & boys, meet Bichhoo (this is a temporary name until I or one of you can think of something better).
Heartiest congratulations buddy on the Abarth Punto. The colour looks mean and add a character to the car.

What tyres did the Abarth come with? Apollo's or Goodyears? How did you find the lowered suspension? I bet a road trip would be on the cards soon. Enjoy the ride.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

Suggesting the name of Fattail for your car. Reasons
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fattail_scorpion
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 20:45   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Heartiest congratulations buddy on the Abarth Punto. The colour looks mean and add a character to the car.

What tyres did the Abarth come with? Apollo's or Goodyears? How did you find the lowered suspension? I bet a road trip would be on the cards soon. Enjoy the ride.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

Suggesting the name of Fattail for your car. Reasons
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fattail_scorpion

Ha Ha! That's a great suggestion! Am shortlisting it!! It came with Apollo Alnac 4G's in 195/55/R16. Well so far, I've driven only in traffic, sedately, from the dealer to home - plan to put her thru her paces over the weekend - and yes, a road trip on the awesome highway from Hyderabad to Vijayawada is on the cards within a month!
splitinfinitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 22:04   #308
BHPian

Quote:
They say you should start your midlife crisis early and get it over with. Ok, nobody says it, but they should. So, in that spirit, I decided to bring forward (at times like this one thinks, why isn't prepone a word?) my midlife crisis and get myself a hot hatch. And I did. Ladies & boys, meet Bichhoo (this is a temporary name until I or one of you can think of something better).

Took delivery today, drove straight to the tyre guy and changed her shoes to upsized Michelin Primacy 3ST. Next on the agenda, how to get an Double DIN touchscreen unit installed that plays nice with the steering controls (damn CANBUS connectors)!

Thanks to everyone on this thread, especially S2 & Firstguri for sharing their experience, expertise and reviews!

Congratulations sir ! A nice way to start the mid life crisis. The Abarth sure can help you get it over with before you realize it ! Hold onto the steering there !
Happy Driving !
Rubbertramps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 22:55   #309
BHPian

Quote:

Hearty congrats on your new ride...get your adrenaline rising with this powerful machine. I'm sure it will certainly put a smile on ur face event time you sit behind the wheel. Looking forward for your ownership report...!!!
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 06:04   #310
BHPian

For those who liked the Scorpion alloys from the car that was shown at BIC, I see them everyday here in Brazil on the Punto T-Jet and it's really amazing against the ones in India, though it's just a small change. However, I'm not sure how much it would cost to import a set of these.

OT: Also, the cars here would fit perfectly for the Indian market IMHO. Bravo is simply amazing. The Uno,Palio,Punto(slightly different from Indian variant), Grand Siena and the Edge can compete well in their respective segments.Apologies for deviating from the topic. Just my thoughts.
21Archer84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 06:22   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
For those who liked the Scorpion alloys from the car that was shown at BIC, I see them everyday here in Brazil on the Punto T-Jet and it's really amazing against the ones in India, though it's just a small change. However, I'm not sure how much it would cost to import a set of these.

OT: Also, the cars here would fit perfectly for the Indian market IMHO. Bravo is simply amazing. The Uno,Palio,Punto(slightly different from Indian variant), Grand Siena and the Edge can compete well in their respective segments.Apologies for deviating from the topic. Just my thoughts.
For reasons unknown to anyone FIAT just won't bring those cars here. Can you post those pics of the alloys here.

Quote:
heartiest congratulations Sir!! If the ORR and HYD-VJA roads were fun to drive in my 75hp, I can only imagine the grin on your face in your T-Jet.
Wishing you a very long and joyous experience with the beast!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th January 2016 at 08:23. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 06:35   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
For reasons unknown to anyone FIAT just won't bring those cars here. Can you post those pics of the alloys here.

Sure. Why not? Will share as & when i spot one.
Old 1st February 2016, 11:43   #313
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on your acquisition ! Wishing you awesome fun and miles with it. Could you let us know how long was the waiting period at hyderabad ?
anand_lukose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:15   #314
BHPian

Guys,

I was curious to know approximately how many Abarth Puntos have been sold in India so far, and unfortunately the monthly sales data produced doesn't provide any breakup to show us, so I did a look-up on Zauba, and decided to go by the number of Engine Assemblies that have been imported by Fiat for the Abarth Punto, to give us an idea.

The number that I came up with was 547 Abarth Engine Assemblies imported to India till date. Now, before anyone pounces on me, I know that we cannot consider all of these as sales, as these are engine imports, but at least it gives us some kind of approximate idea.

I have to be honest and say that I feel like the rumour of the VW Polo GTI 1.4 coming to India, was stopping some people from going in for the Abarth Punto. But now that VW has been clear that it is the Polo GTI 1.8 coming, and it's going to be priced around the 20 lakh range, people who were sitting on the fence will choose which one they want to go for, as they're not in the same range at all, and not everyone can afford 20 lakhs for a hatchback.

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-zauba.jpg

Source: Zauba

Quote:

Congratulations sir! I believe this makes you the first BHPian to own the Abarth Punto in Hyderabad . She looks stunning! I wish you many awesome miles with this hottie, and I'm sure she'll help you get over that mid-life crisis mighty soon

Please do make an ownership thread for the benefit of us lesser mortals.

Cheers!
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 03:12   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Can you post those pics of the alloys here.
As promised, the alloys, just for you bro.

But apologies for the bad/shaky images. My phone camera likes dancing sometimes Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20160202_0731372.jpg

And to give you an idea, other amazing looking alloys FIAT offers in Brazil.

Regular Punto
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20160201_0731312.jpg

New Palio
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20160201_0732252.jpg

Uno
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20160201_0733522.jpg

Bravo
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20160202_0729332.jpg
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20160202_0730162.jpg

Linea
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20160202_0730032.jpg

I just wish, Fiat offered these wheels in India, if not the cars.
21Archer84 is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks