Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2024, 16:04   #946
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
The best way would be to clean those yourself from the inside with IPA or electrical contact cleaner. Don't spray anything from the outside. It'll probably end up in the airbag module as well as ruin the steering leather.

Thanks a ton, looks like i have something to do on the coming weekend. Will report back !
Old 17th February 2024, 18:28   #947

Hello All, I've been a silent reader of Team BHP for almost a decade. This being my first post, I want to start by saying a BIG "Thank You" to this forum, as Team BHP was the ONLY reason I bought an Abarth Punto back in 2016 as my first car. Owning the Abarth has been a special experience, and it's all set to complete 8 years next month with 56K kms on the odo. It also means it's time for the annual service and insurance renewal, and that's where I've run into some hiccups.

Regarding annual service - I went to my regular service center for dropping the car, but the SA informed me that the "Abarth recommended oil" is not available (been on back-order since last 6 months) and they are not sure when/if it will be back in stock. Until now, they have been using the "Petronas Selenia Abarth 10W 50" synthetic oil. Now they are suggesting the "Liqui Moly" brand quoting that it's used regularly with German luxury cars. I searched about Liqui Moly in this forum, but I could only find more about Liqui Moly "additives" and less about "engine oil".

So, here are my queries:
1) Has any Abarth owner run into this situation? Should I delay my service and wait for Selenia to be back in stock?
2) Is it possible to buy the oil online? (With a quick google search, I couldn't find it "in stock" in India)
3) Is it okay to use "Liqui Moly" branded oil for Abarth? Has anyone used this with Abarth?
4) Are there any other brands that I should consider?

Regarding insurance renewal - I've been a happy customer of Acko for last 4 years (made 1 claim last year which was fuss free). I usually go with "Zero Depreciation Smart Saver" plan. So, when I tried to renew this time (checked acko.com and amazon.in), the "Zero Depreciation Smart Saver" plan didn't show up. Just "Comprehensive plan" and "Third party plan" showed up. Now, there was a message "Please note : We are unable to offer you a Zero Depreciation plan due to limited services in your location." I doubt this has anything to do with my location. I checked some other sites (Digit, HDFC ergo, Policy Bazaar) as well, none of them offer zero depreciation cover for my car. Searching this forum, I could see some members suggesting that zero depreciation is usually offered only for first 5 years. But I was able to get it until last year (7th year). So asking here to be doubly sure - Has anyone been able to get Zero Dep for a 8 year old car?
black_and_red is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 09:46   #948
BHPian

The Bangalore Abarth group had a meet-up drive on Sunday 31/3. It was awesome to see 15 Abarth Puntos assembling and driving in formation through the Airport Road & STRR...and boy, what attention it grabbed!
It was also the day Abarth brand turned 75 yrs old. So it turned out to be a tribute to Abarth and Fiat for giving us this fantastic car.
Some pics to feast your eye....
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-group-1.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-group-2.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-group-3.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-group-4.jpg  

madhav is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 19:36   #949
BHPian

Me too have Abarth and would like to join this group. Kindly inform me if anything like this is planned in future. Really fantastic and continue to enjoy this rare gem of a vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks