Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2019, 13:27   #841
BHPian

From what I understand, most of the dealers don't have any abarth stock with them (haven't had stock for a while for the two dealers I interacted with) the stock was at Pune (Fiat) and they would check with the company and confirm availability. If they are saying no stock, probably means that fiat has run out of stock.
Old 8th May 2019, 14:27   #842
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
From what I understand, most of the dealers don't have any abarth stock with them (haven't had stock for a while for the two dealers I interacted with) the stock was at Pune (Fiat) and they would check with the company and confirm availability. If they are saying no stock, probably means that fiat has run out of stock.
All dealers whom I have contacted over the past two weeks told me that it shows zero stock in the factory. Two dealers told me they don't know when Fiat will resume production. My local dealer told me that it was showing stock until around first week of April and now its completely sold out. Funnily though, SA told me that the engine stock is completely depleted because 1.4 turbo is not BSV compatible and that from April 2019 onwards, FCA will sell only BSV compatible cars. I took some effort to convince him that its not BSV and its BS VI which will be rolling out starting April 01, 2020. On understanding the same, he then says, FCA might restart production of Abarth later. But, sad truth is, its completely sold out.
Old 8th May 2019, 21:36   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
All dealers whom I have contacted over the past two weeks told me that it shows zero stock in the factory. Two dealers told me they don't know when Fiat will resume production. My local dealer told me that it was showing stock until around first week of April and now its completely sold out. Funnily though, SA told me that the engine stock is completely depleted because 1.4 turbo is not BSV compatible and that from April 2019 onwards, FCA will sell only BSV compatible cars. I took some effort to convince him that its not BSV and its BS VI which will be rolling out starting April 01, 2020. On understanding the same, he then says, FCA might restart production of Abarth later. But, sad truth is, its completely sold out.
Contact the Rajahmundry AP fiat , atleast two weeks back they had unsold stock in Black

RJY Fiat - 91333 32908

This time round tell him you are from Vijayawada
hondatoyotafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 14:34   #844

New to Team BHP as a member. Been a frequent visitor to read the forums.

Here is what I got myself on 5th of April 2019.
Dealer: Landmark Andheri
OTR: 8.92Lacs
Accessories: Floor Mats and Rear View Camera
Insurance: 1 Year Comprehensive 3 Years Third party
The Car: Abarth Punto, Pearl White, Oct 2018 manufactured (Last white one to be delivered in India)

My first car in memory of my father who was an ex PAL/FIAT employee. More details soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20190514_214452.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20190425_085644.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20190405_192630.jpg  

Tifosi2306 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 03:00   #845

Have visited AV Motors Hyderabad to enquire about the availability of Abarth Punto.It seems the sales have completely stopped and they are only selling a couple of their test drive cars. Any other dealer anyone is aware of who has the stock available and is it a wise decision to buy the test drive cars?
Old 23rd June 2019, 02:42   #846

Test drive cars, especially ones for cars like the Abarth are best avoided.. They go through a thorough thrashing in their short lives. I know for a fact that the one here in Pune is in a pretty bad shape.. It would be much more worthwhile to go be on the lookout for a well maintained, pre-owned Abarth.. Majority of owners pamper them so you might even get some extras, like coatings, accessories etc. There are some nice low mileage cars on sale from time to time..
MiJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 00:20   #847
BHPian

I know I am a bit late for the party, but this is what happens when heart wins over what the mind says. Got my Punto Abarth last week from KHT, Bangalore. This car is just an absolute beauty to drive on highways. Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_20190629_204350.jpg

Last edited by highwaypatrol : 8th July 2019 at 00:31.
highwaypatrol is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 10:15   #848
BHPian

Guys, given the horrendous body and paint work at most FASS centres, is it a wise option to get body/paint work done from reputed dealers like VW/Skoda?

Also, do they take up jobs on other branded cars? Seeking inputs from members and Fiat owners.
Old 8th July 2019, 11:28   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Also, do they take up jobs on other branded cars?
I am pretty sure that you cannot walk to a Skoda/VW dealer (Or any other brand) requesting them to spray the doors on your Fiat. What you can do is look for an Bosch authorized service station. From my experience with them in Bangalore, they do a superb job of just about anything. They have all the right tooling, equipment and have a proper paint booth.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 12:07   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
I know I am a bit late for the party, but this is what happens when heart wins over what the mind says. Got my Punto Abarth last week from KHT, Bangalore. This car is just an absolute beauty to drive on highways.
Congratulations Mate Though I am a bit surprised to see Abarths still being sold that too a white one. Could you share the manufacturing Month/Year?
Moto_Hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 16:00   #851

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
I know I am a bit late for the party, but this is what happens when heart wins over what the mind says. Got my Punto Abarth last week from KHT, Bangalore. This car is just an absolute beauty to drive on highways. Attachment 1891323
Congratulations. I was feeling so special with the thought of me having the last white one in the country. Short lived. I am sure you will enjoy the car. Its a special machine! All the very best and happy motoring to you.
Old 11th July 2019, 10:21   #852
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-66104744_176523596708303_7780960799769951406_n.jpg

At 11,000 kms and counting, the car does deserve this upgrade.

Work done so far:
  • Quantum performance remap-170 bhp/280 nm
  • Bonalume short throw shifter
  • Eibach pro kit lowering springs
  • Forge motorsport intercooler upgrade
  • Forge motorsport intake kit with air filter
  • Max GTRS XHP 70 dual CREE Chip LED bulbs in headlamp and foglamp
  • Dual CREE Chip LED bulbs in parking and number plate
  • All Interior LED bulb upgrade
  • JL Audio acoustics on all 4 doors with STP black damping
sidindica is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 09:15   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Work done so far:
  • Quantum performance remap-170 bhp/280 nm
You may want to be careful, from what I know that gearbox is only designed to handle about 220 NM. That's also the reason Fiat never gave bigger engines to their cars.

Congrats, to all of you for owning the last bunch of these rare beauties.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th July 2019 at 10:00. Reason: Fixing quote tags
kaushal21fb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 18:00   #854
BHPian

Any updates on the retail availability of the Abarth Punto? As per Fiat India's website, the Abarth Punto seems to be very much available for sale.
petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 10:57   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Any updates on the retail availability of the Abarth Punto? As per Fiat India's website, the Abarth Punto seems to be very much available for sale.
They have completely cleared the inventory and as of now the production has come to a halt. A few Linea T-Jets are available though in case you're interested.

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20190717_102104.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20190717_102056.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks