Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2022, 19:30   #931

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Uff. That's pretty steep. Thanks for the pricing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Shouldn't be slipping at 42k unless you have been regularly doing agressive launches.
I have been doing aggressive launches since the beginning, the car has gone through quite a bit of abuse. The slipping isn't that bad, I just find annoying when I want to drive spiritedly. Maybe I'll take it slow for another 5k, save some money and then get it replaced.
Anirudhneni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 20:55   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudhneni View Post
Maybe I'll take it slow for another 5k, save some money and then get it replaced.
Part numbers for TJet/Abarth:
  • Fiat OE flywheel : 55219903 (Rs 74,296. It was Rs 37973 before the recent hike)
  • Fiat OE clutch : 55219388 (Rs 11,354)
  • Fiat clutch release bearing : 55231613 or 55243921 (Rs 8,094)
  • Luk Aftermart Kit (Clutch, release bearing and flywheel) : 600033700
  • Luk Aftermart flywheel : 415067810
  • SMR Clutch Release Bearing : S 1032 (Rs 2,875)
A friend replaced the flywheel and clutch of his TJet before the price hike by Fiat. He sourced the OE flywheel for 19k from Kava Motors, Mumbai and SMR release bearing for 1.7k from Boodmo. He was quoted around 14k for the Luk Flywheel by dealers. But it was not in stock and the waiting time was high.

As you've decided to get the replacement done after 5k kms, you can do your research and save some money
Klub Class is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:25   #933
BHPian

Recently completed 4 years with my Abarth Punto. Have done about 34,000 Kms. Could have been much more but for the pandemic. Have thoroughly loved the ownership experience. It grabs attention like no other car, even more than the germans and almost at par with high end sports car. I still find people honking and waving to give a smile or a thumbs up, appreciating this engineering masterpiece. That by itself makes the ownership worth it. Every time you floor the pedal and it can bring in assured grin on your face and I cannot think of an alternative/ substitute to this car at this price point or even double this price point. Absolute value for money. So far so good and had I not bought this car, I would have missed something really special.

Routine servicing done at Fiat Service Center (Landmark, Gurgaon) and experience has been decent so far. I use it as my daily workhorse within Delhi NCR and occasional highway runs. Getting mileage in the range of 12 to 15 Kmpl (which I believe is very high for this car), though that is the least of the parameters relevant for Abarth owners. The double digit mileage is mostly due to the speed limits within Delhi NCR and even otherwise, I try maintaining the speed limits meant for the respective roads. The train like pull is addictive and before people realise what just hit them, they are decimated in the dust and lost in the rear view mirror.

Got this Italian beauty pampered with a ceramic coating on this eve of Valentine’s Day and celebrate the 4 years of ownership. Sharing some pictures. Hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-903395f4d8024b0099a2fee275598762.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-e7090a1a257640e09bdfdcc6b4d98d48.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-61f99f760f314259b504a87e8fae333b.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-3c4502fb13c847c09720dd6641998408.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-9dd659f0b63743ebab748d2313746fc6.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-574aaadf8ff7498db45143884537af47.jpeg  

jbpanda is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:32   #934
KPR
BANNED

We Punto diesel owners find it difficult to change 8,9 or even 10 year old cars, you Abarth owners are for sure will end up disappointed looking at even 20-25L cars. Abarth is truly crafted for car lovers.
KPR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 12:57   #935
BHPian

If only jealousy could be described in words ! Congratulations on your beast and beauty, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
you Abarth owners are for sure will end up disappointed looking at even 20-25L cars. Abarth is truly crafted for car lovers.
I totally agree with the above statement .
GhostGrid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 13:27   #936
BHPian

Uffff !!! My dream used car !

My first car was a Punto 1.3.. Its really sad that I may never experience the joy of that steering. If I enjoyed my under powered, turbo lagged Punto that much I can only imagine what fun you may be having in this beauty.

Sigh!!!!!
Old 12th April 2023, 05:10   #937
BHPian

We had an impromptu breakfast meet at Khan Market, New Delhi last month (12 March 2023). It was great meeting and sharing thoughts on the driving and ownership experience, mod potential of this machine and usage/ trips undertaken/ planned. The exclusivity of this car anyway attracts a lot of attention and the sight of 4 identical cars parked in a row and the cavalcade was a head turner. Sharing a picture with the respective owners from our meet. The first owner and car from the left is yours truly.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-7e625475a6ed42ee8008c5bfbf2bf2da.jpeg  

jbpanda is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 10:01   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
No, The part number 0280750137 is for throttle body only.
Hey buddy,

I know this is an old post. But a friend of mine is looking for this part. Were you able to source this part?
If yes, from where?
Is it working fine?

Thanks
S
Old 18th August 2023, 13:15   #939
BHPian

I have a 2016 White Abarth which has run 34,000KMS. I do not have any issues with the car. I'm in two minds whether to retain it or sell it off. My main concern to sell it, is the availablity of spare parts in the future and closing of FIAT service centers nearby. Any suggestions from the knowledgeable envisaged forum members will be helpful for my decision making. Thanks.
nazeer_ahamed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 13:33   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
I have a 2016 White Abarth which has run 34,000KMS. I do not have any issues with the car. I'm in two minds whether to retain it or sell it off. My main concern to sell it, is the availability of spare parts in the future and closing of FIAT service centers nearby. Any suggestions from the knowledgeable envisaged forum members will be helpful for my decision making. Thanks.
If parts are going to be hard to get, sell it; don't think about retaining it - it will ultimately give you a lot of pain.

The only thing is if you love it is so much and you don't want to let it go, then follow your heart (over head).

Background: I owned a T-Jet in 2011 and retained her for a few years, purchased when Fiat was alive and kicking. Then there was the Tata-Fiat JV which did not work out. The first year, I faced no issues. Then the service center and dealership closed down. The nearest service center was 500 kms away and I had a busy life. So I got hold of an FNG and got parts online, from 99rpm and Boodmo.

Long wait for parts and the mechanics were not well aware of all the issues. I got an OBD scanner and the original Fiat Multiecuscan software to try and sort out issues and it helped in a limited manner. Ultimately, I realized she was spending more time driving for repairs and trouble-shooting than anything else. So with a heavy heart I had to let her go.

Last edited by johy : 18th August 2023 at 13:40.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 19:47   #941

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Also, one-liner posts are best avoided.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd September 2023 at 10:31.
Joseph is offline   Received Infraction
Old 31st October 2023, 10:09   #942
BHPian

Folks,
Needed some advice.

It has been an enjoyable 4+ years with the Abarth.

I am facing a couple of niggles - needed your advice on the same

1. The steering controls for the music system are acting up.
Pressing the Volume increase button triggers the mute functionality (the two buttons are next to each other)
Similarly, pressing the skip track button causes the system to change source. The source and the skip track buttons are next to each other as well.
This happens 70-80% of the time.

Question --- Would a liberal dose of WD 40 without removing the buttons help address this?
In case I need to remove the buttons what would be the right tool to do this?

Reluctant to make a trip to the Fiat service center in Bangalore just for this.

2. The cabin lights seem to be malfunctioning as well. Not sure if it is a contact issue or something else. The switch does not have the same "click" sound when you operate it.

Question - Any thoughts on how to debug this? Here too reluctant to have someone explore what's wrong and potentially mess up the roof liner.

Any trusted garages in Bangalore (willing to drive anywhere in Bangalore) that will do these small fixes in a quick/effective manner. Don't want to drive around with these till the next service.

Thanks
M
Old 11th January 2024, 10:28   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
Folks,
Needed some advice.

It has been an enjoyable 4+ years with the Abarth.

I am facing a couple of niggles - needed your advice on the same

Any trusted garages in Bangalore (willing to drive anywhere in Bangalore) that will do these small fixes in a quick/effective manner. Don't want to drive around with these till the next service.

Thanks
Bouncing this up, would appreciate any leads.

Will be headed to Fiat in Feb/March - so that's my backup option. Hopefully, they don't do what they did on a previous visit - work on the wrong part of the car.

them - "Sir we fixed the rattling in the dash - opened it and fixed it"
me - "Door, not dash :-(; Never mind, let's fix the door now"
Old 11th January 2024, 12:09   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
Bouncing this up, would appreciate any leads.

Will be headed to Fiat in Feb/March - so that's my backup option. Hopefully, they don't do what they did on a previous visit - work on the wrong part of the car.

them - "Sir we fixed the rattling in the dash - opened it and fixed it"
me - "Door, not dash :-(; Never mind, let's fix the door now"

About the steering buttons, I am not sure if the service centre will entertain the cleaning process. They will probably push for replacement.

The best way would be to clean those yourself from the inside with IPA or electrical contact cleaner. Don't spray anything from the outside. It'll probably end up in the airbag module as well as ruin the steering leather.

It's actually an easy job. It will take 1-1.5 hours the first time. It will be much easier/faster during the later attempts. I would actually recommend that you learn cleaning it as you'd have to keep repeating it every 1-2 years. Watch any YouTube video. It is pretty straight forward. (Don't forget to disconnect the battery negative for at least 30-60 min before your attempt)

Last edited by theredliner : 11th January 2024 at 12:11.
Old 12th January 2024, 00:56   #945
BHPian

Took the car for a quick wash at a car washing place in an Indian Oil Petrol Pump to get rid of some bird droppings. The ceramic coating done about a year back still holds good and even a 10 minute quick wash like the one below brings it back to its glory. Sharing some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_7328.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_7329.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_7332.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_7331.jpeg  

Last edited by jbpanda : 12th January 2024 at 00:58.
jbpanda is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks