Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2016, 19:50   #961
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
TATA customer care has not improved one bit, they don't track complaints in a CRM and always have to share my sob story to each customer care guy/gal. One response always " Sir, do you want to raise a complaint against the dealership? "
Any other way or application I may use to log my conversation or make TATA aware of the issue I am facing?
That's what I had faced as well, with me telling the customer service guys I have nothing against the dealer. its TML that I want to raise a complaint against

Congratulations on getting the car mate, mine is supposed to be offloaded tomorrow at Faridabad and the dealer has asked me to make the payment, am ok with that since as you correctly mentioned, till the time the dealer does not receive the money he will not be able to bill it to you( Atleast that's what my understanding is correct me if I am wrong ) Mine is July manufactured

Any updates on the ECU updates for the new cars which one member had quoted??

T-Bone get my car this Friday(hopefully)otherwise Sunday for sure, will put up review shortly since I have a long drive planned to my hometown

Last edited by aah78 : 20th July 2016 at 18:17. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 19th July 2016, 23:22   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr0lHead View Post
Got delivery of my Tiago XZ 1.2 2 days ago thanks to Concorde Motors Mumbai. Took it for a spin yesterday. As per the avg FE displayed on the instrument console - it covered a distance of 24 km on Eastern Expressway, Mumbai at 20.5kmpl Full review coming soon
Very eagerly waiting for the full review, express way will definitely give better FE, please do cover performance of a/c during noon.

Also, interested to hear about steering mounted audio controls and it's effectiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Any ownership review yet ? May be still in the making ? Eagerly waiting to see one

Life at office is getting boring without any updates on this thread
Agree with you completely. I came across a Tiago in RF motors service centre near Pathaddippalam, Ernakulam, Kerala, yesterday. I asked a couple of shop floor boys who actually get their hands dirty on these cars, according to them almost all cars have come at '1000' (first service) and its too early to gauge the weaknesses.

However one thing they inadvertently spilled out was that apart from nano, spare parts are in shortage. And I did see that most of the hydraulic ramps were occupied by nanos

Last edited by noopster : 20th July 2016 at 15:25. Reason: Typos
adityadeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 23:45   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
That's what I had faced as well, with me telling the customer service guys I have nothing against the dealer. its TML that I want to raise a complaint against

Congratulations on getting the car mate, mine is supposed to be offloaded tomorrow at Faridabad and the dealer has asked me to make the payment, am ok with that since as you correctly mentioned, till the time the dealer does not receive the money he will not be able to bill it to you( Atleast that's what my understanding is correct me if I am wrong ) Mine is July manufactured

Any updates on the ECU updates for the new cars which one member had quoted??

T-Bone get my car this Friday(hopefully)otherwise Sunday for sure, will put up review shortly since I have a long drive planned to my hometown
Fingers crossed, still a long way for it to come home. I will NOT be aking any payments however large or small till I do a PDI, according to them the car is already at stockyard and they have allocated me that one. I think they did that instead of allocating a new one as I made couple of complaints and almost cancelled the booking. if PDI goes not as planned will ask them to allocate a new one.

For anyone interested booked a Expresso Brown Petrol XZ

Last edited by Aditya : 20th July 2016 at 22:25. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Ps_o is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 01:02   #964

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. Feels good to be among guys with amazing automotive knowledge. I did TD about 40 days ago with both their tiago petrol and diesel models and found the AC to be inadequate with excessive blower noise. But 2 days ago, when I again TDed, the AC was good with reduced blower noise, which the concorde guy said was rectified by tata based on initial customer inputs. But during all TDs, I found it difficult slotting the key almost everytime. It's the same story with their various tiago models on three different days. Not a deal breaker anyway. Booked white XZ petrol.
docgb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 09:34   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgb View Post
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. Feels good to be among guys with amazing automotive knowledge. ........But during all TDs, I found it difficult slotting the key almost everytime. It's the same story with their various tiago models on three different days. Not a deal breaker anyway. Booked white XZ petrol.
Welcome to Team-BHP. And congratulations on booking Tiago. Slotting the key was/is difficult in my Zest as well. And if I recall correctly, even the Team-BHP mod who did the Zest review wrote about the same. For me, its a bit of a nuisance when you are in a hurry but otherwise it is not a deal breaker for me as well. Anyways once again welcome to Team-BHP and hope to see a detailed ownership review of your Tiago.
Old 20th July 2016, 10:47   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Tiago is fast becoming a bestseller for the domestic auto giant.

Booking numbers have now crossed 23,000 as the diminutive small car enters it's 3rd month from launch, and the waiting period has gone up to 3 months! (link)

More than 80% of bookings are for the petrol variant.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 12:05   #967
BHPian

Total bookings would be 34K.
Article reads pending bookings of 23K, already delivered till June end ~11K, can safely assume Tiago has brought much awaited success to Tata.
S.MJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 13:23   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgb View Post
But during all TDs, I found it difficult slotting the key almost everytime. It's the same story with their various tiago models on three different days. Not a deal breaker anyway. Booked white XZ petrol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP. And congratulations on booking Tiago. Slotting the key was/is difficult in my Zest as well. And if I recall correctly, even the Team-BHP mod who did the Zest review wrote about the same. For me, its a bit of a nuisance when you are in a hurry but otherwise it is not a deal breaker for me as well. Anyways once again welcome to Team-BHP and hope to see a detailed ownership review of your Tiago.
Try slotting the key in and moving the steering a bit. The steering column might be stuck in lock position and hence the difficulty. I use the Vista and face no such issue.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 13:35   #969
Senior - BHPian

Saw a red Tiago today in my office parking lot with nice alloys and fatter tyres, looked so good from the rear and side three quarters. The front is a tiny winy let down as compared to the every other angle of the car.

If Tata put in bigger powerful diesel and petrol engines, this car surely has the looks to challenge hatchbacks a segment or two above.
humyum is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 19:14   #970
BHPian

An Update
The car has reached..FINALLY!! Am going for the PDI tomorrow, and taking delivery on Friday (If work schedule permits, otherwise on Sunday) will be taking the Team BHP PDI checklist with me.
Will post initial review shortly
Arkanile is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 19:48   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Tata put in bigger powerful diesel and petrol engines, this car surely has the looks to challenge hatchbacks a segment or two above.
I'll be probably among the first batch if Tata does that. This is the first Tata car I liked for the way it looks. It handles decently too!
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 13:08   #972
BHPian

Now, IAB reports that Tata Tiago in its top XZ trim commands a waiting period of 3 months, depending on the color ( My gues guess is Orange and Cherry Red would be those two colors in high demand)
Source
Old 21st July 2016, 14:17   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen more than 20 Tiagos in the past 5 days, in all possible colors. All of them were XZ except 2 XT and 1 XM. The top model is indeed very popular. Among the colors, I simply love the blue and the brown. I also noticed that one XZ (D) didn't have alloys as is being discussed about shortage of alloy wheels.

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st July 2016 at 14:19.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 19:12   #974

Hi Guys,

Firstly, as it is my first post on this thread. Excellent review as always. Great attention to detail . I am seriously considering booking Tiago Diesel XZ. However, just got one single concern after reading all the comments and review. The AC Unit of Tiago Diesel. Can someone please help in putting this confusion to bed. The points raised by various members are 1. Blower Noise (can still live with it) and 2. effectiveness of the AC (that may be deal breaker if it is not effective).

Thanks in advance.
Atul Aggarwal
Old 22nd July 2016, 10:07   #975

Hi, I test drove diesel tiago a week ago. AC is good and blower noise is not intrusive despite being noisier than the competition. All considered, don't go by our words. TD it and decide for yourself.
docgb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks