Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2023, 19:40   #361
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post

The last warranty helped me save about a lakh in steering work
This itself should be the reason enough to consider the EW.
And also, the peace of mind with EW.

However:

Would you lose peace of mind if you have to shell out 36K today?

Would you lose peace of mind over 36K after 2 years if your car didn't require any major repair to be claimed under warranty?

Would you lose peace of mind if your car requires repairs worth >36K over the next 2 years?

Think through these and that should help you decide.
Old 18th March 2024, 19:50   #362

Wish to know the opinion of members of the forum to solve my present dilemma. I own a 2016(December) Elantra 2.0 SX (O) AT which has covered about 75000km so far. Our journey together was trouble free so far and I am planning to retain the car till niggles force me to part with it. I was convinced about changing the transmission oil after going through Team-bhp thread on the need to change oil in so called "sealed for life" auto-transmission as in my case. There are few 2.0 Petrol Elantra cars around here and while I talked to the service advisor/manager prior to my last service, they were unable to answer any of my specific queries regarding the oil change.

I decided to postpone the oil change since I felt they were not used to the procedure, being one not recommended by Hyundai, that too in a not so common car. The recent thread by LONG TOURER about his Tucson messed up by the ASS at Guwahati has rekindled my fears. Should I stick to the old dictum "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" or go ahead with the oil change? If so at Hyundai ASS or other reputed centers like Bosch service center? I am sure many in this thread would have faced the question already since my car is quite sparingly used. Looking forward to your valuable opinion, thanks in advance.
Old 26th March 2024, 16:30   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Babu View Post
Wish to know the opinion of members of the forum to solve my present dilemma. I own a 2016(December) Elantra 2.0 SX (O) AT which has covered about 75000km so far. Our journey together was trouble free so far and I am planning to retain the car till niggles force me to part with it. I was convinced about changing the transmission oil after going through Team-bhp thread on the need to change oil in so called "sealed for life" auto-transmission as in my case. There are few 2.0 Petrol Elantra cars around here and while I talked to the service advisor/manager prior to my last service, they were unable to answer any of my specific queries regarding the oil change.

I decided to postpone the oil change since I felt they were not used to the procedure, being one not recommended by Hyundai, that too in a not so common car. The recent thread by LONG TOURER about his Tucson messed up by the ASS at Guwahati has rekindled my fears. Should I stick to the old dictum "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" or go ahead with the oil change? If so at Hyundai ASS or other reputed centers like Bosch service center? I am sure many in this thread would have faced the question already since my car is quite sparingly used. Looking forward to your valuable opinion, thanks in advance.
Dr Mahesh Babu, I own an exactly same Elantra (2017) as yours and have gone through the owner's manual. It states that AT Fluid change is not required under regular usage conditions. However, it should be done after 1,00,000 kms under severe conditions. So, if I were you, I would not go in for an oil change. You can check out what classifies as 'severe' usage conditions in the manual. Would be happy to share the necessary pages in case you do not already have them.
siddd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks