Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2021, 12:58   #286

Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustom Mistry View Post
You can just remove the connectors from a small auxiliary horn provided under the bonnet.The car has different dedicated horn for main use as well as on off beep
I did see the dedicated horn for this but my sales advisor mentioned this would be the horn for anti-theft system as well.
Since through Bluelink app there is no sound while locking and unlocking, I do believe service center guys could help switching off the same. I will check with them on my 1st free inspection in another couple of weeks.
Old 28th January 2021, 09:41   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujitht View Post
I did see the dedicated horn for this but my sales advisor mentioned this would be the horn for anti-theft system as well.
Since through Bluelink app there is no sound while locking and unlocking, I do believe service center guys could help switching off the same. I will check with them on my 1st free inspection in another couple of weeks.
In my 2017 Elantra, I can switch off the locking and unlocking horn sound by pulling out the anti-theft alarm fuse. However, this would disable the anti-theft alarm too. The dealer said that there is no way of turning off only the locking and unlocking sound.

So you will have to take a call whether you want to sneak in quietly at night without anyone knowing or you want to keep your car safe!
Old 28th January 2021, 10:05   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Babu View Post
Hi everyone,
I need a help from esteemed members, I own a 2016 Elantra 2.0 VTVT Sx(O) AT (petrol)and now I am not able to source cabin AC air filter(part no: 97133F2000) from my authorised service centre. Can someone please suggest where I can get one from or at least any compatible alternative, Thanking you in advance- Mahesh Babu
Moderators please move this to any other relevant thread if this is not the proper forum to air this problem, sorry I am rather new to Team-BHP
I own a 2017 Elantra and have never had a problem with cabin air filter availability. The authorised service centre always has it. They should be able to get it within a couple of days even if they don't have it in stock. I prefer to go in for original Hyundai spares rather than unbranded OEM stuff.
Old 2nd February 2021, 21:40   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddd View Post
I own a 2017 Elantra and have never had a problem with cabin air filter availability. The authorised service centre always has it. They should be able to get it within a couple of days even if they don't have it in stock. I prefer to go in for original Hyundai spares rather than unbranded OEM stuff.
Sadly not the status in Kerala at present. I waited for 2 months after paying an advance and placing the order at Popular Hyundai after my paid service @ 4 years in Nov 2020 with no results. Then I put up the issue in this forum for which senior BHPian a4anurag offered help(Thanks). I got the part from Boodmo as he suggested, (opted for the alternative since it's picture was matching with the original part even though the dimensions given in the description were exactly matching for both ) but unfortunately the dimensions do not match the original, it is thinner. So I must say the issue is still not resolved.
Old 9th February 2021, 12:28   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Sadly not the status in Kerala at present. I waited for 2 months after paying an advance and placing the order at Popular Hyundai after my paid service @ 4 years in Nov 2020 with no results. Then I put up the issue in this forum for which senior BHPian a4anurag offered help(Thanks). I got the part from Boodmo as he suggested, (opted for the alternative since it's picture was matching with the original part even though the dimensions given in the description were exactly matching for both ) but unfortunately the dimensions do not match the original, it is thinner. So I must say the issue is still not resolved.
I called my workshop in Kolkata to check its availability but they want your vehicle number. If it's in stock, I can buy and courier it to you.
siddd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 23:12   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddd View Post
I called my workshop in Kolkata to check its availability but they want your vehicle number. If it's in stock, I can buy and courier it to you.
I am really grateful for your kind offer. My vehicle registration number is KL 01 CA 0158, if it is what they need. I am still not entitled to use personal messages, so for any more details my email is mbr_orth@yahoo.co.in
I really don't want to trouble you too much for this, so can directly contact the workshop if needed. Once again, I am really touched by your offer to help a new member in need.
Mahesh Babu
Old 16th February 2021, 11:42   #292
BHPian

Quote:
I am really grateful for your kind offer. My vehicle registration number is KL 01 CA 0158, if it is what they need. I am still not entitled to use personal messages, so for any more details my email is mbr_orth@yahoo.co.in
I really don't want to trouble you too much for this, so can directly contact the workshop if needed. Once again, I am really touched by your offer to help a new member in need.
Mahesh Babu
Will email you directly so as not to disturb everyone on this group.
siddd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 14:12   #293
BHPian

I am in the market for a D1 sedan, i am a current Jetta owner and had resigned to waiting for the Octavia but the never ending delay is making me reconsider the Elantra. Can anyone point me to a good review of the latest Elantra Diesel. I am tempted by it, and how much more mileage does it offer compared to the Elantra Petrol? Looking at Automatic options in both. I know they don't compare with the Octavia TSI in terms of ride quality but how does the right stand by itself?
Old 13th March 2021, 14:28   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
I am in the market for a D1 sedan, I am a current Jetta owner and had resigned to waiting for the Octavia but the never-ending delay is making me reconsider the Elantra. Can anyone point me to a good review of the latest Elantra Diesel? I am tempted by it, and how much more mileage does it offer compared to the Elantra Petrol? Looking at Automatic options in both. I know they don't compare with the Octavia TSI in terms of ride quality but how does the right stand by itself?
The original review of the Elantra is actually valid to date since the engine hasn't been changed IIRC. So the review on page 1 of this thread should be fine.
Coming to your question, unlike the Octy, the Elantra is not an out-and-out driver's car. My uncle has one (pre-facelift, Petrol, AT, Top-Spec), it's a typical Hyundai. Comfortable & Very refined. Once the sport mode does get activated, the car does come alive. Otherwise too, it's a solid car. However, be sure that you do like the current design though.
Old 13th March 2021, 17:44   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
I am in the market for a D1 sedan, i am a current Jetta owner and had resigned to waiting for the Octavia but the never ending delay is making me reconsider the Elantra. Can anyone point me to a good review of the latest Elantra Diesel. I am tempted by it, and how much more mileage does it offer compared to the Elantra Petrol? Looking at Automatic options in both. I know they don't compare with the Octavia TSI in terms of ride quality but how does the right stand by itself?

The Octavia is due before the Kushaq. It should be here latest by May/June as per Zac Hollis in his recent interview. So wait it out. Coming from the Jetta, the Elantra will be an underwhelming choice.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 18:31   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
The original review of the Elantra is actually valid to date since the engine hasn't been changed IIRC. So the review on page 1 of this thread should be fine.
Coming to your question, unlike the Octy, the Elantra is not an out-and-out driver's car. My uncle has one (pre-facelift, Petrol, AT, Top-Spec), it's a typical Hyundai. Comfortable & Very refined. Once the sport mode does get activated, the car does come alive. Otherwise too, it's a solid car. However, be sure that you do like the current design though.
Thanks, appreciate it. Was wondering since the original review is for the 1.6l CrDi but the current one is the even less powered 1.5l train. I don't mind the design but definitely concerned about drive dynamics after being used to the Jetta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The Octavia is due before the Kushaq. It should be here latest by May/June as per Zac Hollis in his recent interview. So wait it out. Coming from the Jetta, the Elantra will be an underwhelming choice.
Hope so, but the wait has been interminable. They started off with Q1 2020 launch and here we are, a year later with no announcements. Obviously the Kushaq is going to be their big bet but you'd hope for some concrete news for the few diehards of this diminishing segment.
Old 30th May 2021, 11:51   #297
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this Auto Defogging feature of Elantra. I am someone who is usually fed up of the Fog in rainy conditions and would love it if it automatically clears it as Hyundai Website suggests.

Few doubts-

1) Did the previous gen (i.e. 2016-2019) Elantra have it as well?

2) Does it really work, or is just some gimmick?

What is stated on the website-
When condensation forms on the windscreen, sensors automatically activate the blowers to clear the glass and ensure optimum visibility.

Last edited by 07CR : 30th May 2021 at 11:54.
Old 2nd June 2021, 12:21   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Just came across this Auto Defogging feature of Elantra. I am someone who is usually fed up of the Fog in rainy conditions and would love it if it automatically clears it as Hyundai Website suggests.

Few doubts-

1) Did the previous gen (i.e. 2016-2019) Elantra have it as well?

2) Does it really work, or is just some gimmick?

What is stated on the website-
When condensation forms on the windscreen, sensors automatically activate the blowers to clear the glass and ensure optimum visibility.
Yes, this works in Elantra 2016 - 19 as well. I earlier had it turned on but disabled it as I found it a bit too aggressive to my liking.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 21:54   #299

Some DIY mods done today
1. Swapped all interior lights to leds.
2. Swapped OEM horn with Creta OEM windtone horns. (Had to make a small modification with the connector as it was not the same)
3. Changed the reverse lamps to Led.
4. Changed fog lamp to Hb4 25W leds. Bought from amazon. 2999 rs. Raised the Fog lamp level to match with the low beam light.

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_193119.jpg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_193316.jpg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_193502.jpg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_193323.jpg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_193705.jpg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_193712.jpg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_193700.jpg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_193302.jpg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_192916.jpg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-p_20210703_192908.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd July 2021 at 22:02. Reason: please insert pics inline and add captions to each pic. Thanks
adwaith08 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 16:24   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith08 View Post
Some DIY mods done today
1. Swapped all interior lights to leds.
2. Swapped OEM horn with Creta OEM windtone horns. (Had to make a small modification with the connector as it was not the same)
3. Changed the reverse lamps to Led.
4. Changed fog lamp to Hb4 25W leds. Bought from amazon. 2999 rs. Raised the Fog lamp level to match with the low beam light.
Even I have been planning some mods like these on my Elantra. Where did you buy the bulbs and horn from? Any links would be of help. Also, how did you adjust the fog lights? Are they plug and play or is some modification needed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks