Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 19:12   #316
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Interesting to note the cracks on the Hankook tyres after 19k kilometres, 1.5 years of a lot of standing in one place with less than regular usage, in an open car parking, exposed to the elements.

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-88ecb0c7e13447a4b4f7833f83bf7858.jpeg

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-36a09b5565fa496699b4cbea66b5e3c8.jpeg
Old 23rd January 2022, 06:00   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodrkn View Post
Interesting to note the cracks on the Hankook tyres after 19k kilometres, 1.5 years of a lot of standing in one place with less than regular usage, in an open car parking, exposed to the elements.
After 4 years and 40k with this car, this is my only peeve. The tires simply put are rubbish. Will be changing them soon.
Old 11th February 2022, 06:15   #318
BHPian

I picked up a preowned Elantra 2016 SX(O) , and I’m facing the same problem which some have mentioned in this thread - the speakers suck.

I’ve the older 5th gen the speakers were great on those I don’t know what they did. Anyways after messing with the fader I realize only they rear speakers need changing and the front are good enough so anyone whose tried a sound setup in this model would recommend anything ?

Also I’m confused does this come with the infinity system or just a unbranded one?
Old 13th February 2022, 10:13   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSavvy View Post
I picked up a preowned Elantra 2016 SX(O) , and I’m facing the same problem which some have mentioned in this thread - the speakers suck.
I found the sound just about adequate for my liking and did not fiddle with the same. I will give the sound quality 5 on 10.

My suggestion would be to keep the stereo unit same but get amplifier and sub. Speakers don't need IMO. But if you change speakers without adding amplifier and sub it will not be of much help.
Old 13th February 2022, 10:49   #320
BHPian

It’s a very individual thing… I moved from a Vento with a lovely after market 6-speaker+sub woofer set up. I did not find the Elantra to be a step down in terms of the audio quality except for the rich bass I used to get earlier.

I’ve grown to like the Elantra (6th gen) audio and especially in the very quiet cabin. When I need that extra thump, I simply raise the volume beyond 26 and that’s good enough for me.
vinodrkn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 12:21   #321
BHPian

I have booked(fully refundable) a pre-owned December 2018, Petrol SX 2.0AT from Spinny in Bengaluru. It has run 26k kilometers and asking price is 13.12 lakhs.

While it arrives for a test drive tomorrow, can existing owners help me with pointers to look out for(if any). Will get it checked in Hyundai ASC as well.
Old 13th March 2022, 20:28   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
I have booked(fully refundable) a pre-owned December 2018, Petrol SX 2.0AT from Spinny in Bengaluru. It has run 26k kilometers and asking price is 13.12 lakhs.

While it arrives for a test drive tomorrow, can existing owners help me with pointers to look out for(if any). Will get it checked in Hyundai ASC as well.
I retain 2018 40k driven SXO Diesel AT
The car is great and below pointers are basis my current car condition.

- Zero rattles and awesome cabin sound isolation
- Company korean tyres are pathetic, so discount them and keep a change in mind.
- The audio system should operate perfectly, i recently had to get it replaced by company (50k but got it for free after few emails) Display should come instantly without lag

Then the usal ac engine niose acceleration should be

Basically the car should feel tight and it retains new like drive. No reason why at 26k it should be any lesser. I have had 0 issues but for company tyres and audio screen lag.

Cheers
DesertRain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 23:58   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRain View Post
I retain 2018 40k driven SXO Diesel AT
The car is great and below pointers are basis my current car condition.

- Zero rattles and awesome cabin sound isolation
- Company korean tyres are pathetic, so discount them and keep a change in mind.
- The audio system should operate perfectly, i recently had to get it replaced by company (50k but got it for free after few emails) Display should come instantly without lag

Then the usal ac engine niose acceleration should be

Basically the car should feel tight and it retains new like drive. No reason why at 26k it should be any lesser. I have had 0 issues but for company tyres and audio screen lag.

Cheers
Thanks for the details. Got it evaluated at ASC, car is clean. All mechanical bits were checked thoroughly and OBD scan results were ok. Car felt like new. I am still in bargains with Spinny regarding exchange value of current car. Hope things will work out smoothly.
Suryendu87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 22:24   #324

Quote:
Suryendu87, I have been following both the Elantra's in Spinny for a while now. Happy to see a BHPian getting one of it. I'm currently not in Bengaluru now but was hoping to do a test drive next week to see if it's a right fit for me. Did you by any chance look at the 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 SX MT in spinny?

I've been driving a swift as my first car for the past 3 years and looking for an upgrade. I fell in love with the red Elantra the moment I saw it listed. But I'm in a dilemma between Verna and Elantra.

2018 Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI SX (O)
Asking price: 12L
No. of Owner: 1
KM Driven: 32000 Kms

2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 SX MT
Asking price: 11.16L
No. of Owner: 2
KM Driven: 58000 Kms

Current owners, which one do you think is more suitable for a 25-year-old with less than 3 years of driving experience? Ideally, I would like it to be fuss free ownership experience, something that I can rely on for long trips. I would not be using the car as my daily commute, it will be used once a month for 500-600km long trips. I'm also worried about parking an Elantra in Bangalore city since it's a D segment sedan. Has anyone faced any issues as such with parking a big car?

Here are the links for the listing in spinny
Elantra: https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...n-bangalore/s/
Verna: https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...n-bangalore/s/

Mods, please remove the post if it breaks any rules. This is my first post here!
venkz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 23:15   #325
BHPian

Both cars are good but I believe the asking price for the Verna is a bit high. I am in the process of upgrading and I am planning to sell my 2019 Verna 1.6 CRDI SX(0) AT Diesel with 15100 KMS on the ODO and the insurance just renewed for the next year (bumper to bumper coverage) and I am expecting only 12.5L, perhaps I should expect more ? :-). So I believe you are paying a bit high for the Verna. Elantra is definitely one segment higher and has the classy all black cabin. However the petrol mill can be a bit thirsty. The only downside to the Elantra is the waiting period for spare parts just like the Tucson as its a CKD model.

Since your commute seems to be on the lower side you ,may get away with a petrol one, but if you are looking at diesel mill the Verna is much better compared to the Elantra as it as better power to weight ratio. My AT Diesel gave me 21.3 KMPL for a round trip run to Chennai day before yesterday. My cousins Elantra gives around 14 on highway runs and 9 - 10 on city runs. Neither have parking problems and the Elantra is a bit more spacious in the back compared to the Verna. You wont go wrong with either choice. BTW welcome to the forum.

EDIT - I just noticed the Verna in the link you posted has the good year tires. I believe they come with the much better Hankook tires from factory just like the Elantra. Atleast mine did. So do check on the tires and manufacturing date when you visit the car to ensure you are not taken for a ride.

Last edited by SR-71 : 18th March 2022 at 23:44.
SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 00:48   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkz View Post
Suryendu87, I have been following both the Elantra's in Spinny for a while now. Happy to see a BHPian getting one of it. I'm currently not in Bengaluru now but was hoping to do a test drive next week to see if it's a right fit for me. Did you by any chance look at the 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 SX MT in spinny?!

I didn't go ahead with the purchase as exchange value quoted for my current ride was not good enough. I had vetted the AT completely and it was in very good shape. The AT shows sold now.

I didn't check the MT as I am particularly looking for AT only. Good luck with your search 😊
Suryendu87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 21:12   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Both cars are good but I believe the asking price for the Verna is a bit high. I am in the process of upgrading and I am planning to sell my 2019 Verna 1.6 CRDI SX(0) AT Diesel with 15100 KMS on the ODO and the insurance just renewed for the next year (bumper to bumper coverage) and I am expecting only 12.5L, perhaps I should expect more ? :-). So I believe you are paying a bit high for the Verna. Elantra is definitely one segment higher and has the classy all black cabin. However the petrol mill can be a bit thirsty. The only downside to the Elantra is the waiting period for spare parts just like the Tucson as its a CKD model.

Since your commute seems to be on the lower side you ,may get away with a petrol one, but if you are looking at diesel mill the Verna is much better compared to the Elantra as it as better power to weight ratio. My AT Diesel gave me 21.3 KMPL for a round trip run to Chennai day before yesterday. My cousins Elantra gives around 14 on highway runs and 9 - 10 on city runs. Neither have parking problems and the Elantra is a bit more spacious in the back compared to the Verna. You wont go wrong with either choice. BTW welcome to the forum.

EDIT - I just noticed the Verna in the link you posted has the good year tires. I believe they come with the much better Hankook tires from factory just like the Elantra. Atleast mine did. So do check on the tires and manufacturing date when you visit the car to ensure you are not taken for a ride.
Thank you so much for the details. I've been following spinny for a while now, even created a program to notify me of cars that are of my liking when it's newly listed. Did you try evaluating your car with Spinny folks? From what I've seen, your Verna's selling price from spinny would definitely be more than 13.5L, which matches with the OBV website. But I guess it's their profit that's increasing the final selling price. Also surprised to see that you noticed that this is my first post Love this community! I've been following for a long time and was just accepted to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post

I didn't go ahead with the purchase as exchange value quoted for my current ride was not good enough. I had vetted the AT completely and it was in very good shape. The AT shows sold now.

I didn't check the MT as I am particularly looking for AT only. Good luck with your search 😊
Sorry to hear the deal didn't materialize. Thanks for your reply, good luck with your search too!
Old 19th March 2022, 22:12   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try evaluating your car with Spinny folks? From what I've seen, your Verna's selling price from spinny would definitely be more than 13.5L, which matches with the OBV website. But I guess it's their profit that's increasing the final selling price.
I haven't checked with Spinny as the car I want to upgrade to is not immediately available and I am in no hurry. Spinny or for that matter any seller will typically give a lowball offer to the seller and then quote a much higher price to the buyer. This is where their margin is. And while the car is in their possession god knows what they do with it, specially if the car has low mileage. Also I am paranoid about the RC transfer so I would rather sell it to an individual buyer with the condition that RC transfer is a must or go with someone like Hyundai H-Promise. If you want to check out my car, you are welcome to. Whichever car you buy, please do ensure you do all the robust checks, team-bhp has a nice checklist you can refer to. Good luck with your buying process.

BTW the place you mentioned as your primary city is supposed to be my hometown though I go there only once in 2-3 years and just for a day -temple visit :-)

Last edited by SR-71 : 19th March 2022 at 22:13.
Old 19th March 2022, 23:13   #329

Quote:
Spinny or for that matter any seller will typically give a lowball offer to the seller and then quote a much higher price to the buyer. This is where their margin is. And while the car is in their possession god knows what they do with it, specially if the car has low mileage.
Makes sense, it's a very challenging task to find low mileage cars from used car aggregators. But I guess that's slowly improving.

Quote:
If you want to check out my car, you are welcome to. Whichever car you buy, please do ensure you do all the robust checks, team-bhp has a nice checklist you can refer to. Good luck with your buying process.

BTW the place you mentioned as your primary city is supposed to be my hometown though I go there only once in 2-3 years and just for a day -temple visit :-)
It's great to hear your hometown is Trichy!

I'm not in a hurry to get a car too, do you mind sharing your contact information through a private message so that we can take this further? I guess I might not be able to contact you through private message since I'm a newbie.
Old 27th March 2022, 20:17   #330
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not in a hurry to get a car too, do you mind sharing your contact information through a private message so that we can take this further? I guess I might not be able to contact you through private message since I'm a newbie.
I don't think you will get access to the PM until you complete 25 posts. So I cant send you one either. Please drop me a mail at desiblackbird. This is a gmail id.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks