Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 19:45   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
3) [b]But the main issue of inadequate headlights have not been addressed.
The lights on the new fortuner appears to be 6000k or more.I suggest to replace the stock led's with 3000k ones.This will improve rain visibility. They must be available on Ali express and similar sites.
Old 4th September 2017, 14:54   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Thanks Karan for the update.
I was a bit curious that these updates will be with the facelift model or with the TRD sportivo model which is expected early 2018. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I will not use the Auto Start-Stop, but i will try and get the LED Fogs. The Thai model also had electronic passenger front seat. Does the Indian model get that?
I believe Toyota will announce these changes with the price hike scheduled around 9th Sept 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Aren't the alloys of the 4X2 version? Or is it different for International variants?
Sheel,

Only in India thats the case that this rim (17") being on 4x2 variant.

But globally its all mixed and dont follow that pattern.

In fact check this image of the GX (lower trim) Fortuner from Australia;

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-2016toyotafortunergxarticulation630x402.jpg

^ Its a 4x4 but still on black steel rims & not having proper alloy rims.

Last edited by karan561 : 4th September 2017 at 14:56. Reason: Typo
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 07:05   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
lights of the new fortuner to whomsoever I come across and they all told they too have complained to their dealership for which the same ARAI standards was the reply they received. I seriously feel I am risking my life with this vehicle when I drive at nights. It's a worst nightmare when it rains or when I drive on a road with opposite traffic. [/b]

I don't know how to further take up my issue as it goes to a deaf ear
Lighting adequacy is a subjective matter so no argument about it.

If you find the lights inadequete,replace the foglamp bulbs with Osram LED and install a light bar with 4200K LEDS
Old 8th September 2017, 23:49   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
^ Maybe this reply would help you understand the lightning bit, but am afraid, it will not be a solution. Link
Thank you for the link, but in this case i said it is worse compared to all other cars which i have driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Don't regret, instead visit nearby Ironman or ARB stores and get yourself an Off-road bumper and fit Intensity or similar lights from ARB

https://www.arb.com.au/toyota-fortun...al-protection/
Thank you but what happens to the warranty, if Toyota accepts the problem and gives a solution then it's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash24979 View Post
The lights on the new fortuner appears to be 6000k or more.I suggest to replace the stock led's with 3000k ones.This will improve rain visibility. They must be available on Ali express and similar sites.
Again i have not changed the stock bulbs for the cars which i drove and am driving for which the lighting has been adequate. I have put 38 Lakhs on this and i expect Toyota to provide a solution rather than solve the issue myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Lighting adequacy is a subjective matter so no argument about it.

If you find the lights inadequete,replace the foglamp bulbs with Osram LED and install a light bar with 4200K LEDS
Sir lighting adequacy is the most important safety aspect for any vehicle. Whenever i meet the new fortuner drivers i question them about the lighting and they too admit the problem with the lighting and they too have complained and waiting for a solution from the dealership.

I got a call from the dealership which is 70 Kms from my place to send the vehicle after 5 PM as the technicians will be testing the lighting of a few new Fortuner's and send a report to Toyota. I did send my driver as i was out of station and light testing has been done inside the workshop measuring lux level and focusing. And the issue has been escalated due to many complaints from the customers. And i finally got a reply that the lighting vendor has deputed a person already and checked on this issue in some other dealership. Also Toyota is working on a solution for this issue, "HOPE TOYOTA RETAINS ITS TRUST FROM FRUSTRATED OWNERS REGARDING THIS ISSUE"
pjegadeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 23:04   #395
BHPian

Recently updated tyres of my fortuner to Michelin, after driving for 6k kms. I used to get lot of noise into the cabin previously from the stock tyres. But after changing the tyres, noise entering the cabin has come down drastically. I paid 15k for the exchange of 6k odd used tyres for brand new Michelin tyres.Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_1822.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 17th September 2017 at 13:14. Reason: Correcting pic orientation :)
Srikanth@raj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 06:05   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
Recently updated tyres of my fortuner to Michelin, after driving for 6k kms. I used to get lot of noise into the cabin previously from the stock tyres. But after changing the tyres, noise entering the cabin has come down drastically. I paid 15k for the exchange of 6k odd used tyres for brand new Michelin tyres.Attachment 1674771
I have an 4*4 AT anx 21000 kms on speedo but i didnt face such issue. Michelin are soft compound tyres usually and the ride quality may also may improve a little for you. By the how do you find your headlights, please post your opinion.
Old 11th September 2017, 07:21   #397
BHPian

I'm not happy with headlights, but when seeing other new fortuner's in opposite direction or coming from behind with headlights ON, it looks soo bright. Coming to my headlights, throw is good but somehow I'm happy with my old fortuner lighting only. So to overcome this lightning issue, I'm planning to change to better foglamps. Presently doing research for changing foglamps.
Old 11th September 2017, 19:57   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Rathod Toyota just sent me pictures of the new Inventory Fortuner fitted with the LED Fogs;

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_1715.jpg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_1714.jpg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_1716.jpg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_1713.jpg

Have asked them about retrofitting these in my car, they will revert as soon as they know if its possible

Last edited by karan561 : 11th September 2017 at 20:01.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 13:20   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Rathod Toyota just sent me pictures of the new Inventory Fortuner fitted with the LED Fogs;

Have asked them about retrofitting these in my car, they will revert as soon as they know if its possible
Thanks for the update Karan . Some relief from Toyota. I got to know that TRD Sportivo model will be launched sometime early in 2018. Can you please share some update or information on this as it has already launched in Indonesia, I suppose. The colour combination of Red and Black for interiors will be a very welcoming and pleasing option for the owners.

Last edited by db0009 : 12th September 2017 at 13:23.
db0009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 16:48   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Thanks for the update Karan . Some relief from Toyota. I got to know that TRD Sportivo model will be launched sometime early in 2018. Can you please share some update or information on this as it has already launched in Indonesia, I suppose. The colour combination of Red and Black for interiors will be a very welcoming and pleasing option for the owners.

The TRD Sportivo variant of the Fortuner is scheduled to launch this month in India
Old 14th September 2017, 14:58   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Also got a picture of the new lot Fortuners equipped with the Fuel saving Engine Start/Stop system;

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_1720.jpg
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 21:28   #402
BHPian

Just now updated fog lamps of my Fortuner with Philips LED bright white 6200k, which costed me RS 6400. This completely changed the lighting dynamics of my fortuner. Now lighting of fog lamps drastically improved.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_1843.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_1844.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-image.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 22:32   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

The Indian TRD variant is disappointing;

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-0_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20170914060004_sportivox.jpg

Pic Source

Where as the Thai spec TRD variant is tastefully done;

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-fortunertrd21630x274.jpg

Im sure they would have low balled the Indian spec interiors too.

Last edited by karan561 : 14th September 2017 at 22:51.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 23:38   #404
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure it is going to be an easy swap. The only problem is that Toyota would want an arm and a leg for the swap.

Quote:
Also got a picture of the new lot Fortuners equipped with the Fuel saving Engine Start/Stop system;

Attachment 1676161
This feature is new and so is the location. The Auto On/Off will not useful in my part of the world as the Aircon will be used continuously. The traction control switch has been moved from the dash board to this new location. The Fortuner loses out on the small storage place (I use the space to park the large key)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
Just now updated fog lamps of my Fortuner with Philips LED bright white 6200k, which costed me RS 6400. This completely changed the lighting dynamics of my fortuner. Now lighting of fog lamps drastically improved.
That looks cool, but with 6200K white light, it is going to be difficult to drive when it is raining. Where did you buy the lights and where did you fit them?

Quote:
The Indian TRD variant is disappointing;

Where as the Thai spec TRD variant is tastefully done;

I'm sure they would have low balled the Indian spec interiors too.
I completely agree. Looks awful.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 07:34   #405
BHPian

That looks cool, but with 6200K white light, it is going to be difficult to drive when it is raining. Where did you buy the lights and where did you fit them?

May be yes, but these LED lights are better than yellow ones. Now fortuner front lighting is all white, looks cool and much brighter.
I bought them from Xtreme car decors in vizag. He gave me for a very good price. I have them fitted there itself, it is very simple, just removed two screws at the wheel arches on either side and fitted them, it's simple plug and play, didn't change anything else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks