Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2024, 15:27   #5311
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I would say just cancel the car, if you have faced so much, why buy the car from that dealership? Can you not get Nexon from some other dealership or some other car which is not TATA? Do share your experience with tata directly mentioning dealer as well.
Draunzer21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 20:27   #5312

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskumaraxa1660 View Post

The whole system is broken, I can only hope that the other sales teams aren't as bad as the ones I got. However, having no accountability and blaming others for the inconveniences caused is the common theme. Now totally dejected by DAY 14 with lethargic attitude, am ready to cancel the booking if no progress made in next couple of days.
I couldn't agree more. I had a pathetic experience from Key motors kanakpura, Bangalore. Below is the email I sent to their service manager, CRM, and Branch manager, to avail no response. I have also attached the photo of the "service" they provided on the rat byte incident. Here is the email that I sent:

I own a Tata Altroz XZ with reg: ********** which suffered from rat bite 2 times recently, for which I left the vehicle for service at key motors kanakpura branch, first one dated 21st June '23 and second one dated 13th July '23.

During the first instance, the rat-bite damaged wiring were replaced within half a day and delivered the same day. Upon reaching home and inspecting the quality of the work done, I was concerned and brought it to the notice of the Service manager Tharun over WhatsApp, for which I got no reply. I even told the same over the feedback call which I received from tata motors. While I was figuring things out to re-check the wiring done by reaching out to the correct POC and took some basic precautions against rat-bites, a second time rat-bite happened on 13th July, this time, biting the same wire which was repaired along with another wire next to it, which seized the engine completely. Therefore, the vehicle was towed.

During this second instance, I was expecting the same rewiring and was also hoping to check on the previous rewiring while collecting the vehicle. But to my surprise, the service advisor assigned to my vehicle, Subhash, called me and said that the repair will cost around ₹15k since replacement of the whole wiring harnesses is required and on top of that, insurance cannot be claimed on the same since they have done some patchy rewiring work and the original photo of the rat bitten wire was not taken, thereby the claim getting rejected if claimed. Furthermore, the advisor warned me that the vehicle would risk a short circuit if the normal rewiring is done. The advisor also claimed that the wiring snapped 2 times during their test run of the vehicle. Considering the advise, I agreed for the replacement having no other choice. But after 15 days of keeping the vehicle, the advisor calls me and says that the part which arrived is a wrong part and they need more time. I was angered by this delay and the carelessness and I took the risk of the patchy rewiring and drove the vehicle slowly to Mysuru URS car service station in hebbal. The delivery of the vehicle was taken on 26th July.

In URS car service station, they patiently showed me the entire wiring harnesses where it was realised that it was exactly as same as the first instance rat bite where it was fixed in half a day. They assisted in the rewiring work and after seeing the rewiring work, I got the confidence as the quality of the work done was excellent.

I then drove to Shringeri which is known for bad and unexpected roads and I didn't face any issue whatsoever.

Now, it has been over 15 days and I still haven't received any feedback call!

Here are my questions:

1. Why was the wiring done in a hopeless manner during the first instance of rat byte and why didn't I get any response when I raised a concern to the service manager over WhatsApp?

2. During the second instance, why wasn't any photos taken of the rat bite by the service station, knowing that the rewiring will cost 15k and customer might opt for insurance claim?

3. If I was able to drive all the way to Shringeri from Mysuru in bad roads for around 500km, why didn't the wire snap then, but it snapped 2 times while the advisor went for a test run? Which asks further question, was the part replacement really required in the first place?

4. Why after keeping my car for 15 days, the advisor says that they have got a wrong part and require more time?

5. Why didn't I receive a feedback call from tata motors within 3 days (for the second rat bite instance) while I received them without miss within 3 days for all my prior services, including the service of first instance of rat bite?

I request you to escalate this service instance which was performed by key motors and initiate a feedback call for the same and provide me with answers for my above questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20230701170135.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20230621163700.jpg  

SpeedBird is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:09   #5313
BHPian

My 5.5 years old Nexon Kraz Petrol gave high temperature alert with audible buzzer while I was driving from Jamshedpur to Ranchi this morning. I immediately parked at a safe spot beside the highway within 20-30 seconds of first buzzer.

Fumes were coming from engine bay when I lifted the hood. Coolant reservoir was looking empty.

I called my usual contact from Tata service centre and explained my situation. He asked me to open the lid of reservoir after 10-15 minutes and fill it up with water. If there is no evidence leakage on the ground beneath the front of the car, it should be safe to drive for 50-60 kilometres.

Since I have to board a flight from Ranchi, i didn't had any other option. I followed his advice. After filling about 2 liters of water, observed below the car and there was no leakage. When input the key in, the high temperature warning was gone but "check engine" light was on. Anyways, I started driving but immediately realised that RPM has been limited to 2000 by the ECU.

Thankfully, there was not much traffic and I had no requirement for frequent overtaking. Drove to my relative in Ranchi at a speed of 60-70 KMPH, parked it over there and rushed to the airport.

After returning, I will have to take it to a Tata Service Centre first before leaving for my home.
Risky4327 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 23:58   #5314

Majority of the Tata service centers are a mess. They don't value customers time and money. They act like they are the busiest of the lot. There is zero accountability at Tata Service centers unlike other brands. The less said about key motors service the better, this service center at Kanakapura road is a mess, I had been there for a minor issue with my altroz and looking at the pathetic state of the service center I came back home. These Tata service guys should be trained under Maruti service guys to understand what quality work means. Great cars let down by pathetic service (has been the case in Indian automotive scene since long).
Old 23rd April 2024, 23:33   #5315
BHPian

I did 4th Service at Classic motors, Yashavantha pura , Bengaluru last Saturday. Really happy with there service starting from booking to billing. Details are updated in my ownership thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5758227 (Tata Nexon Diesel Ownership Review)
rnaduthota is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks