Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2023, 11:21   #5206

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yes, thats what I did and its sorted, but I did face this. My point being; you cant depend on hand brake alone.
Perhaps, the best option is to keep a brick.

Regards!!
Old 8th June 2023, 12:56   #5207
BHPian

Need help deciding: I am helping my father buy his first car.
Requirements: automatic , petrol, low/easy maintenance/ hassle free and very spacious cabin ( he is 6ft tall and about 60years old, so he finds it difficult to fit in low sedans and hatchbacks ). Budget : 10-12L on road Karnataka.
My younger brother will also be using it occasionally so want something that is decently powerful and fun.
I am considering suggesting him Nexon XMA petrol ( plus some accessories like reversing camera )
I am primarily suggesting this because it pretty meets the requirements. But i am not sure about a few things :
Mileage : how is the mileage on petrol amt Nexon with a light foot and mix of city and highway usage ? I have seen people report very low mileages as well as some ridiculous numbers like 20+, not sure what to believe. Between eco and city modes, what kind of mileage to expect in low traffic city conditions and highway runs?
Peace of mind : i know how popular Nexon is, but is it really reliable enough to own it peacefully in a tier 2 city (Udupi) ?
Is punch a better option as it gets more features in the price range ? I found it a bit smaller on the inside compared to Nexon.
Old 8th June 2023, 13:09   #5208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trharish77 View Post
. Is this the right way to use it?[*]Everytime I fill petrol, the mileage gets reset. For example, it reset to 35 on my last fill and gradually came down as i started driving. Not sure if I'm missing any config. Will read the manual in detail.[*]Every time I start the car, the default audio source is FM. Is there any way to set default as BT? Also, even if phone connects automatically on selecting BT, needs to select audio source as BT once again to hear any BT audio. It is mildly frustrating.[*]The back doors are unlocked only if I remove the key from ignition. Is this normal? Maybe I missed a few features given my car ownership history! Is there any other way to unlock the back doors for those outside without removing the key? Manually doing it from the driver seat is not as easy as the Nano.[/list]
1. It is normal. Nothing to worry.
2. Yes, if you reset the trip. It starts from max and settles as per your driving.
3. Very irritating. It always starts with FM and no way we can turn off. Even if we connect to BT, we have to toggle multiple times.
4. No, we cannot unlock back doors to left front pax door automatically. Big flaw and I don't like it either.
Nano has same feature but has the pull type to unlock , so it's easy.

And welcome to Nexon family. Wish you happy miles.
Altrozed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 16:01   #5209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskebail View Post
Peace of mind : i know how popular Nexon is, but is it really reliable enough to own it peacefully in a tier 2 city (Udupi) ?
Is punch a better option as it gets more features in the price range ? I found it a bit smaller on the inside compared to Nexon.
Let him TD both cars, before you decide, I'm 63 under 6', and quite healthy, need to bend/crouch to enter the driver seat, once in its a lovely place to be in, and quite enjoy my '18 Nexon D XMA. My other car is a '16 Nano XTA, where I walk in.

I have never entered a Punch, but it shouldn't be a problem for ingress and egress.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 8th June 2023 at 16:12.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 16:46   #5210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskebail View Post
Requirements: automatic , petrol, low/easy maintenance/ hassle free and very spacious cabin ( he is 6ft tall and about 60years old, so he finds it difficult to fit in low sedans and hatchbacks ). Budget : 10-12L on road Karnataka.
I'm 6'3" myself, average build. So far I'm able to fit anywhere, even the 3rd row of Gen1 Ertiga (as office cabs) . Jokes aside.

My father is 65 & father in law is 70. Both are 6 ft tall.
I have a Nexon, an Ignis & a Polo. Both of them are fine in all 3 cars in the front.
In the rear seat - its Ignis that is the easier one to get in. Then its the Nexon & last comes Polo (nobody will argue to this). Once inside - its the Nexon that trumps the other two in the rear as well.
So yeah - space, ingress-egress wise - neither of them have complained about the Nexon - and of the multiple cars that we have owned so far over the years between the 3 of us - they prefer the Nexon's cabin the most (which of course is the costliest car we have owned so far too, so the benchmark I agree is rather low).
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 18:51   #5211

For unlocking rear doors, or for that matter all the doors, you need to just pull the open door lever of driver side halfway. No need to remove the key.
Fuelinjected102 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 19:56   #5212

Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol mileage figures in City

Hello fellow BHPians

To cut a long story short, I wanted to extract the best mileage out of my Tata Nexon petrol under city driving conditions so I refilled the petrol tank upto auto cut and drove with a very light foot and made sure that the tires have the correct air pressure (30 psi). Here are other parameters of my car:

- Car Model and make - Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol, June 2022
- Service history of the car - Only 2 free services done till date. No oil changes.
- Full tank of Petrol (44 Litres, filled till auto-cut at the station).
- Tire pressure - 30 psi in all 4 tires as recommended by Tata.
- Trip meter B reset.
- AC - OFF
- Driving mode - City

and here are the results:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-mid.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-petrol-pump-reading.jpg

Total Kms driven: 441.2 Km
Total fuel added before auto-cut: 33 Litres
Mileage on MID - 15.7 Km/L
Tank to tank mileage - 13.36 Km/L

I've conducted a similar experiment for best mileage under highway conditions for my Tata Nexon. You can find it here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5536277 (Tata Nexon : Official Review)

Would love to hear your opinions on the same.
Old 9th June 2023, 21:17   #5213

Re: Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol mileage figures in City

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
the tires have the correct air pressure (30 psi). Here are other parameters of my car:
The XMA indicates 32 as recommended psi. Does it depend on the type of wheel/variant?
Old 10th June 2023, 06:16   #5214
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol mileage figures in City

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post

Would love to hear your opinions on the same.
This is really good mileage for nexon in city, however the city average depends on type of traffic you encounter on daily basis and how much distance you travel daily. Here in Bangalore I undergo varying traffic since I go to office at different hours and traffic is unpredictable. Sometimes I can move at 40kmph and other day may be move/stop/crawl scenario on same road. If you got this number in all such mess it is very nice
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 11:48   #5215

Re: My Tata Nexon Kaziranga Diesel MT – Interesting Facts, Breakdown and Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinox~Cnu View Post
Breakdowns:
The first breakdown happened on NH-44 within ten days of delivery with less than 400 km on the odo. Suddenly, a huge pressure sound entered the cabin and the engine lost power. The turbocharger intake pipe came off as it was not fitted tightly. This was solely a human error and may have happened at the manufacturing plant and the car cleared all quality checks - quite surprising!

The second incident happened on NH-65 after the first service at around 3750 km on the odo. This time the gear cable came out resulting in 1, 2, 5, 6 and Reverse gears slipping. Only 3rd and 4th gears were working as they are assigned to a second cable. The situation was horrible with heavy rain at night around 8 pm. Somehow Fortunately, both issues got fixed at a nearby local mechanic as the authorized service center was far to reach from the spot.
Goosebumps reading about first 2 breakdown that you encountered. Those were in same order for me as well.

First breakdown after few days of 1st free service.

I was on a trip to Hyderabad & the car suddenly lost power when I was at verge of getting down from flyover past Hebbal, somewhere near Yelahanka in Bangalore. I was clueless as I am new to driving. I also saw petrol leakage. I called the RSA which arrived in 1 hour or so. He said fuel pipe was not properly connected and battery was drained. He jump started the car. Reached safely to Hyderabad. I complained to SC who did 1st service. They said they don't touch fuel pipe etc at first service so unlikely of an issue from 1st free service but as you said it is purely a shoddy work during vehicle delivery.

Second breakdown was at Tuljapur in Maharashtra when ODO at 4000 kms. I was on slight ghats and vehicle's gear automatically moves from 1 - 2 - 3 -4 etc. It was terrible experience between traffic. I was not able to move with full traffic. Nearest SC was ~45 kms away at Solapur. I took help of a local mechanic who said gear connecting cable inside hood went loose. He said it might be either due to poor way how it was fixed or due to jerks on the way (which is less likely). He just fixed cable and all was fine.

These 2 were kind of horrible experience for me.

My second service is due on 22nd June. I have to ask them to check my battery for sure.
vivekcochin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 17:57   #5216

Hello fellow members

i have been reading this forum since last many years and has helped in finalizing my vehicles as well as the road trips (i make sure to read every travelogue that pops in our daily section).

Coming to Tata Nexon, i own a 2021 April Diesel XM model. The vehicle has clocked 55k till now (38k in 1st year, running has reduced after owning to multiple vehicles in family and interstate travels due to my consulting job).

Th vehicle has been absolute delight, specially the AC (it is best one in current garage - Brezza, Nexon, Seltos, Hexa & XUV 700). Vehicle munches miles without braking a sweat.

However lately i have noticed the diesel clatter (Engine noise) has increased. Can fellow bhpians confirm their story for Nexon Diesel NVH. Also any way to reduce the NVH levels as lately my taste of silent cabin has increased post XUV 700 (PL)).

Another problem i face is of poor headlamp throw, at times i feel like driving on either High beam or DRL because the low beam is pure useless. Why Tata why? Drove my friends new brezza (2023 model) & was blown away by headlamp performance.

I have decided to upgrade to LEDs. Stock bulb specifications - 55W H7 halogen.
Read Reinhard DIY thread, online videos, researched the web but couldn't finalise what to go for in LEDs (Brand & wattage).
Saw many online videos of Nexons with 120W LEDs in both Low & High Beam, my sympathise to oncoming traffic. People have gone from correcting the Headlamp throw to blinding other people and then even making proud videos of it.

Seeking help from fellow members on above 2 issues that i face currently.
Old 14th June 2023, 11:40   #5217

Hi All,

Happy to share with you all that i am now a proud owner of Nexon XZ+Lux Petrol Royale Blue. I have completed 1100kms now and very happy with the ride quality that this machine offers. As number of people said Sport mode is indeed addictive. Attaching couple of pictures.

I just wanted to check with fellow owners in the below points as I will be giving my car for service in upcoming week.

1. Vibrations are felt in Break and Clutch pedal. I didn't feel those during TD. Is anyone else experiencing the same?
2. Horn doesn't seems to be working when press from bottom right/left corner. However it works fine when I press from top corners.

Would be highlighting these to the SC as well. Would like to hear the forum feedback on this.

Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-pxl_20230519_1257150472.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-pxl_20230611_0432410862.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-pxl_20230613_1236596752.jpg  

Old 15th June 2023, 17:02   #5218
BHPian

Re: My Tata Nexon Kaziranga Diesel MT – Interesting Facts, Breakdown and Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekcochin View Post
Goosebumps reading about first 2 breakdown that you encountered. Those were in same order for me as well.

First breakdown after few days of 1st free service.

I was on a trip to Hyderabad & the car suddenly lost power when I was at verge of getting down from flyover past Hebbal, somewhere near Yelahanka in Bangalore. I was clueless as I am new to driving. I also saw petrol leakage. I called the RSA which arrived in 1 hour or so. He said fuel pipe was not properly connected and battery was drained. He jump started the car. Reached safely to Hyderabad. I complained to SC who did 1st service. They said they don't touch fuel pipe etc at first service so unlikely of an issue from 1st free service but as you said it is purely a shoddy work during vehicle delivery.

Second breakdown was at Tuljapur in Maharashtra when ODO at 4000 kms. I was on slight ghats and vehicle's gear automatically moves from 1 - 2 - 3 -4 etc. It was terrible experience between traffic. I was not able to move with full traffic. Nearest SC was ~45 kms away at Solapur. I took help of a local mechanic who said gear connecting cable inside hood went loose. He said it might be either due to poor way how it was fixed or due to jerks on the way (which is less likely). He just fixed cable and all was fine.

These 2 were kind of horrible experience for me.

My second service is due on 22nd June. I have to ask them to check my battery for sure.

Such incidents make us worries and more panic!

In the 2’nd service, I asked them to check all the connecting pipes including fuel pump and tighten up every bolt and screw. They first tightened all bolts in the engine bay and later lifted the car on a hydraulic jack to check for the fuel pump and others. It is better to have a tag for the gear cable to avoid coming out.

After this, all is well! I had fearless and pleasant two long road trips (1) Hyderabad - Shirdi & Aurangabad – Hyderabad and (2) Hyderabad – Rajamahendravaram – Hyderabad.

Now, my car is fine with no issues and underwent third service last month.
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 15:06   #5219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Learner View Post
Another problem i face is of poor headlamp throw, at times i feel like driving on either High beam or DRL because the low beam is pure useless.
I so agree with you on the headlamps as it is quite dim when I use dipper (which I always use to be considerate to others). The upper beam is way better. I checked with Tata Motors on upgrading the headlamps. Tata will not do an upgrade and it has to be After-Market. I am quite wary of getting it done outside. No difference for me on the NVH as my machine is a year old and is petrol. Let's see how it goes.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th June 2023 at 15:23. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 19th June 2023, 17:46   #5220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Learner View Post
Read Reinhard DIY thread, online videos, researched the web but couldn't finalise what to go for in LEDs (Brand & wattage).
Saw many online videos of Nexons with 120W LEDs in both Low & High Beam, my sympathise to oncoming traffic. People have gone from correcting the Headlamp throw to blinding other people and then even making proud videos of it.
You can blindly go for Osram H7 45210CW 25W LEDs from a reputed seller on Amazon:
- I have been using it on both of the Nexons we have and no problems so far (~1 year of usage)
- They are plug and play, no cutting/rewiring
- MUCH better headlight performance: low beam is finally usable and high beam is just crazy on highways (and obviously blinding for oncoming traffic on 2 lane roads)
- Don't think too much about the wattage. Based on what I found during my research, all the brands that advertise 40, 50, 60W per bulb are probably lying; all of them are not much more than 25W since the heatsink at that size is only capable of cooling a 25W bulb, any more wattage with the same size of heatsink: the bulb will quickly overheat and die.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks