Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 09:27   #4456

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I booked a grey Nexon xza+ at KHT Domlur on sep 16. At that time, I got an estimated waiting period of 3 months. Now that 3 months have elapsed, on me emailing a query, they say it will take another 40 days. Is this ok or should I escalate?
I currently own a 2012 Swift vxi. I am planning to transfer my insurance NCB to new car. I barely see 2-3k difference with 50% NCB. I just now renewed by Swift insurance, with NCB. If I transfer NCB, the insurance for Swift already paid does not change right?
Should I also check about any price protection for the coming new year price hike?
Old 16th December 2021, 12:36   #4457
BHPian

Hi all,

My Nexon is due 4th service this month. For the past couple of months, the car at low speeds, for the lack words feels a bit 'wavy', like wheels are not rolling straight. Also, compared to earlier, passengers are feeling the potholes on the road more clearly. As the speed increases, the ride gets smoother. What can be the possible reason ?. Is it an alignment issue or an issue with suspension ?
Old 16th December 2021, 12:59   #4458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewspaul View Post
Hi all,

My Nexon is due 4th service this month. For the past couple of months, the car at low speeds, for the lack words feels a bit 'wavy', like wheels are not rolling straight. Also, compared to earlier, passengers are feeling the potholes on the road more clearly. As the speed increases, the ride gets smoother. What can be the possible reason ?. Is it an alignment issue or an issue with suspension ?
If your vehicle has steel wheels, it is likely bent. If it is alloy, perhaps a bulge \ defect on the tyre itself.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 10:54   #4459
BHPian

[quote=Nari01;5216479]I booked a grey Nexon xza+ at KHT Domlur on sep 16. At that time, I got an estimated waiting period of 3 months. Now that 3 months have elapsed, on me emailing a query, they say it will take another 40 days. /QUOTE]
It seems that there are delays in the delivery schedule of AMT versions. So, expect delays. In any case, get a written information(over mail) from the dealership where tata motors in also kept in loop mentioning that the vehicle will take around 40 more days. If they do not send, you can initiate a mail-chain keeping all relevant people dealership + tata motors in loop (normally your booking mail has relevant escalation matrix details)

On the same mail-chain, you can also clarify on the price protection part as the delay is on the company side. Meanwhile, Tata price protection policy is always questionable as it was limited to first 1-2 months after price hike is announced. And it seems the last hike on nexon in nov month does not even mention of price hike protection anywhere. Your territory/regional sales manager should be able to clarify in this case further.
neutron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 13:17   #4460
BHPian

Dear All,

Just wanted to know your feedback/experience on the following 2 items.

state of the vehicle during PDI - Based on the multiple feedback in the forum, i was of the notion that you will have the exterior of the vehicle in a dirty state as it would be collecting lost of dust being kept in open. But, will inside be also dirty like this, pls see image below.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20211225143958.jpg
I just wanted to understand if this is a generalized thing as when pointed out to CA saying that they could have easily avoided this, he said you will get your vehicle in clean state at the time of delivery so don't worry.

Secondly, i found plastic fitments on both sides of the boot (see below image) loose. just want to understand for what purpose these fitments serve (cases where this may needs to be opened), not sure if this is overlooked by tata QC.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20211225144604.jpg
Old 27th December 2021, 14:51   #4461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron View Post
state of the vehicle during PDI - Based on the multiple feedback in the forum, i was of the notion that you will have the exterior of the vehicle in a dirty state as it would be collecting lost of dust being kept in open. But, will inside be also dirty like this
If the yard is in a really muddy area / it has recently rained - this does happen. The folks conjure up some magic though - and the interiors will turn into brand new come your delivery time . However - do insist on pestering them about this to ensure they clean it like brand new.
Quote:
Secondly, i found plastic fitments on both sides of the boot (see below image) loose. just want to understand for what purpose these fitments serve (cases where this may needs to be opened), not sure if this is overlooked by tata QC.
My car has these 2 parts in identical state as yours. Pathetic is an understatement. Its just a covering panel. The part serves no utility purpose as such, and is for purely aesthetic reasons, to cover the mounting point of the latch in which the foldable seat-back locks. It is literally loose on both sides in my car. Does not properly fit no matter how much I try. I fail to understand how Tata manages to make so many cars with good safety rating, when they aren't able to make a simple thermo-plastic / PU part with locking clips. Live with it, hardly any chance that they'll manage to give you a properly fitting part. If you want - you can ask for it to them right now OR during your service routine later. Its not a deal breaker.

Check in other cars in the yard. If any other car has it properly fitted - ask them to take the cover from that car and swap it with the ones in your car.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 00:54   #4462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
However - do insist on pestering them about this to ensure they clean it like brand new.

My car has these 2 parts in identical state as yours. Pathetic is an understatement.
Thank you Reinhard for your prompt feedback.

The car has been brought to showroom for PDI so i am not sure about the state of the stockyard. However, based on the last 5 months of dealing with sagar motors Patparganj, i do feel that that these people lack in professionalism the way they carry out their business and my experience with them has been quite dismal. I am not sure if their staff is underpaid or overloaded or nobody is supervising them but the way they reacted once i mentioned about the mud on carpet, i felt like this is the norm

Regarding Tata QC on plastic part, i do felt that those were quite loose and will rattle. When mentioned to CA, she mentioned that it will be resolved. But i am 200 percent sure that it will remain in the same state even on day of delivery or May be they prove me wrong this time and things go in the right direction till delivery.

one more thing, regarding 7d mats, i do remember you posting of a connect who provides these in delhi-ncr region, but could not find the details. if possible, can you please pm me those.
Old 29th December 2021, 13:57   #4463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
one more thing, regarding 7d mats, i do remember you posting of a connect who provides these in delhi-ncr region, but could not find the details. if possible, can you please pm me those.
Hi Neutron, since you are still a newbie on the forum, I can't PM you here. So have contacted you via email instead. I hope you get the details on email and find them useful. Cheers.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 15:35   #4464
BHPian

Had a minor issue with my Nexon.
Yesterday while parking the car in the garage saw oil dripping. Now this caused panic as I needed the car through the week.

I could not quite identify the leakage but it was there and I could see a small amount of oil on the floor. Checked the oil level it was still within the safe range more on the upper side of the marking

I took a chance and drove down to ASC which was 24KM away in Vizag, Shiv shankar motors. Reached there by 9 and despite not having an appointment they tended to my case on priority.

Few checks done and they mentioned O rings for the oil filter has gone bad and it was the reason for minor leak. They just fixed the issue and said it's done. No unnecessary charges no part replacement nothing.

They did point out that the battery is weak and needs to be changed. I knew this since my car is 3 years and 9 months old and running the original battery. I did notice a lag in cranking and weaker light throws.

I asked how much if I change with them. He said final 6k all inclusive with exchange. Outside would have costed me 5400 or so. But since they did not charge me for the oil leak and not push unnecessary charges I decided to go with them. I will need them again for April service most probably. Tata SC put amaron battery 55 DIN

Attaching pics of the leak. Will keep updating is the leak re-occurs
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220102_102454.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220102_102451.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220102_102449.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220102_102440.jpg

Last edited by aniyo : 3rd January 2022 at 15:41.
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:15   #4465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nari01 View Post
I booked a grey Nexon xza+ at KHT Domlur on sep 16. At that time, I got an estimated waiting period of 3 months. Now that 3 months have elapsed, on me emailing a query, they say it will take another 40 days. Is this ok or should I escalate?
I had booked a Nexon XZA+ (P) White from KHT Whitefield on Sept 9 and got the delivery on Dec 5th after many repeated reminders.

A big thanks to the forum here which helped me take the decision.

Absolutely satisfied with the purchase, the only regret is no cruise control, since I didnt really want a sunroof. But that's ok.
vishegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 21:09   #4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishegde View Post
I had booked a Nexon XZA+ (P) White from KHT Whitefield on Sept 9 and got the delivery on Dec 5th after many repeated reminders.
Good for you! I was allotted one on the last day of 2021. Still waiting for the car to arrive to do PDI. I am taking only a basic Ganesha idol as accessory from showroom. Will go to an accessory store immediately after to get a dash cam, floor mats, car cover.

Planning to get insurance from Kotak for 25k, with Nil dep, return to invoice, engine protect, consumables, RSA and voluntary deductible of 5K. I see insurance mostly as a guard against low probability but catastrophic events and not for regular scratches and dents.

Showroom offered me insurance for 41k with Nil dep, RSA, consumables, key protect.

Quote:
the only regret is no cruise control, since I didnt really want a sunroof. But that's ok.
My thoughts exactly! I would have bought a variant with cruise control but I was absolutely sure that I don't want a sunroof.
Old 4th January 2022, 14:06   #4467
BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely satisfied with the purchase, the only regret is no cruise control, since I didnt really want a sunroof. But that's ok.
Exactly for that reason I opted for XUV-300 W8 Petrol. All the research I had done initially was for Nexon Petrol also since its a bit cheaper than XUV. But we have lots of monkeys jumping around where I live and so there's the risk of the frame around the sunroof getting damanged. Didn't want to take a chance and I didn't want it either. But Cruise Control was important - for that reason I opted for XUV 300 - W8. No regrets
Old 4th January 2022, 14:40   #4468
BHPian

Quote:
I currently own a 2012 Swift vxi. I am planning to transfer my insurance NCB to new car. I barely see 2-3k difference with 50% NCB. I just now renewed by Swift insurance, with NCB. If I transfer NCB, the insurance for Swift already paid does not change right?
Should I also check about any price protection for the coming new year price hike?
Hi Nari01,

We got out Nexon ZX+ S D within 25 days of booking from KHT domlur. If you are still awaiting for the delivery, please contact Mr. Chethan ( +919071780008 ) from KHT domlur. He is our SA, very helpful and honest. At the time of booking he promised 1 month for delivery and managed to get it before that.

Thanks
Karthik.thm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 15:21   #4469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik.thm View Post
Hi Nari01,
We got out Nexon ZX+ S D within 25 days of booking from KHT domlur..
Thanks
Hi Karthik,
Thanks for the info. I was finally allotted a vehicle 3 days back. I think Diesel Nexons are more readily available. Both my SA and 'neutron' in above thread said AMTs have additional delays. I believe that's the case.
Nari01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 17:32   #4470
BHPian

Quote:
I was allotted one on the last day of 2021. Still waiting for the car to arrive to do PDI.
Many congratulations to you! Happy Motoring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Exactly for that reason I opted for XUV-300 W8 Petrol
Xuv300 is a great car from Mahindra!

But I am guessing it's a manual car. My main requirement was AMT/AT transmission with ESP within 11L ex-showroom. So not many choices with these criteria. Absolutely didn't like the W6 Variant. Does not have many features at 10L.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks