Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 12:35   #4486
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Could someone from Pune/Pimpri-Chinchwad let me know a good TATA dealer ?

I am planning to buy nexon by next month. I have shortlisted XZ+ (P), the on-road price quoted from dealer is 11.83 lacs. The dealer also informed they will look into discounts on insurance. any other way I can haggle for discounts ?

This will be my first car and I have chosen nexon for its safety ratings and for 1.2 million rs that is a lot of car.

Pointers to a good dealer is appreciated as I am an average joe who doesn't know much about buying a car. I am taking help from my friends to understand the car scene. I am going through the owners manual to understand more about the car.

Cheers,
Sanjay
Old 12th January 2022, 08:58   #4487
BHPian

Update: Tackling Rat Menace

I have been facing Rat Menace in my Parking and was looking for multiple solutions. Tried 3M Rat Repellant spray as well. Could not procure Tobacco leaves. So decided to try out Naphthalene Balls.

Nexon provides a readymade Home for Rats to take rest. The Wheel Well cover inside the Side Panels have Sponged material for Road Noise insulation thereby providing a cozy bed for the Rats.

Took a 500gms Naphthalene Balls pack and put 50% each in 2 Fabric covers. Made small holes and put them in each front sidewall. It has been more than a month. I have not seen any rat droppings or footprints. So Naphthalene Balls are working. The odor does not make it into the Passenger compartment.

Right Sidewall
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220111_084732.jpg

Left Sidewall
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220111_084735.jpg

No Root Footprints
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220111_084741.jpg

Some dust marks are old marks.
dsuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 21:58   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay_Sangar27 View Post

I am planning to buy nexon by next month. I have shortlisted XZ+ (P), the on-road price quoted from dealer is 11.83 lacs. The dealer also informed they will look into discounts on insurance. any other way I can haggle for discounts ?

This will be my first car and I have chosen nexon for its safety ratings and for 1.2 million rs that is a lot of car.

Pointers to a good dealer is appreciated as I am an average joe who doesn't know much about buying a car. I am taking help from my friends to understand the car scene. I am going through the owners manual to understand more about the car.

Cheers,
Sanjay
Hi Sanjay,

Congratulations on the shortlisting of the Nexon!

Things like the Ex-showroom price and road tax are normally the only things on which you cannot haggle for a better price. Other than that, any other head they write up to obtain the on-road price is fair game.
The insurance amount, whatever is mentioned, do not believe them at all. Do your own research a bit, you should see at least a 40% discount here. Also, the tax amount, they sometimes mention it a bit inflated. The accessories pack, unless they are giving it for free, no need. Extended warranty maybe a good idea, but I think we can do that later also. Please have an excel sheet of your own, where you calculate what should be the on road price as per your research and print it. Go to the store with your sheet printed out too and refer to it while haggling for the price. Often, you'll be able to come to a good price.

Good luck and keep us all updated about your experience!
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 10:17   #4489
BHPian

Hi Sanjay

you can check out Saibaba Motors in Kalewadi. I had booked a Nexon XZ+ dark edition with them on 18 Dec. I am getting the car tomorrow. You can meet Pankaj patil who was my advisor. Really helpful guy.

Quote:

Cheers,
Sanjay
srj1266 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 14:45   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srj1266 View Post
Hi Sanjay

you can check out Saibaba Motors in Kalewadi. I had booked a Nexon XZ+ dark edition with them on 18 Dec. I am getting the car tomorrow. You can meet Pankaj patil who was my advisor. Really helpful guy.
Would you mind sharing the on-road price ?

I went to Garve Tata motors in Thathwade and I was told the waiting period is 16-20 weeks. You booked the car on 18th December and you are getting it within 4 weeks. That is super quick.

Please PM me his number.
Old 15th January 2022, 10:47   #4491
BHPian

Took delivery yesterday of my XZ+ Dark edition. Great experience at Saibaba motors.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220114wa0022.jpg  

srj1266 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 16:48   #4492

Early buyers of Nexon, you must be using your car for 3-4 years now:
1) Has your car aged well, as one of the complaints about Tata cars is that they start giving mechanical problems after 3 years.
2) Are you satisified with TASS service, especially now that your car is slightly older
3) Is the paint/body panel still as it was new (another Tata complaint vs Maruti-Suzuki/Hyundai).

Requesting this info as I'm seriously considering a Nexon, and general consensus is Tata has improved quality by leaps/bounds in the last few years.
Old 16th January 2022, 00:12   #4493
BHPian

I live in Chennai and had booked Nexon XMA(S) Grey on 10th Sept 2021. Even though the commitment was 12 weeks for this variant, finally the vehicle was allotted for me on 31st Dec 2021. Did the PDI on 14Jan2022 using TBHP checklist and found two problems. The sunroof was not working. Second was creep function. But today I found that the creep function may not work if the driver side door is kept open. Any way will do one more PDI before taking delivery.

In the beginning of December there were information about higher variant getting delivered faster and I escalated the issue up to the Global Head Customer Care and the dealership Customer Care head called up the next day and had a patient listening. I had a discussion with the TSM of Tata Motors, Chennai also.

Based on the discussions, the communication did indicate that higher variants have more orders and lowers variants with sunroof has less so, the production probably was also got delayed. However, welcome difference was follow ups and updates from the Customer Care Head of the dealership. Even the sales advisor was very courteous and did answer queries from my side time to time but was not able to give clarity on the delivery date.

I had not opted for Extended Warranty or AMC right now and planning to take it up later. Planning for the following accessories.

1. Touch Screen (Had checked Hypersonic and Foxfire FF02 and felt that Firefox is better. the cost quoted by an accessory dealer was Rs.21500/- including reverse camera and free installation.
2. Need Arm Rest
3. Floor Mats (Not sure about quality of the mat provided free by Dealership). 3D Kagu mats was quoted around Rs.6500/- and in another accessory shop a brand was quoted around Rs.3000/-
4. Headlamps (Need to see how effective the OEM fitted one is and then decide to go for upgrade if required)
5. Window visors

Can any one help and suggest any other touch screen brand at a better pricing. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th January 2022, 00:53   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank View Post
1) Has your car aged well, as one of the complaints about Tata cars is that they start giving mechanical problems after 3 years.
2) Are you satisified with TASS service, especially now that your car is slightly older
3) Is the paint/body panel still as it was new (another Tata complaint vs Maruti-Suzuki/Hyundai).
My Nexon Petrol crossed 3 years in Dec 2021.
1. No mechanical or electrical problem encountered yet. Fingers crossed. Rattling from driver side door was observed in first week, especially when loud music playing. Some loose washer was tightened by the service center and never noticed that rattling again.

2. Service center experience depends on service center. In my town, we have one dealership with swanky service center, they rarely allow owners go near the car. While another center (it's not into sales, service only) is an old establishment and let to see everything and talk to technicians, if you are in shoes. Guys look like FNG mechanics without uniforms but I feel they give honest advice.

3. I would say paint quality is very good. I am one of those who like to drive, but never care to clean, polish or wash. A guy dry-dusts it off every morning and occasional wash after road trips, but still it shines after each wash. Body panel is good as new (fitting wise), though it has few scratches here and there. Parcel tray makes some noise going over the speed breakers. Hope suspension gives a good life, because I rarely slow down for potholes if road is clear of traffic.

Hope it helps
Risky4327 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 09:35   #4495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank View Post

Requesting this info as I'm seriously considering a Nexon, and general consensus is Tata has improved quality by leaps/bounds in the last few years.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20210309094404.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20210309094331.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20201231101007.jpg
This is my 2018 Nexon D XMA, with 15k on th ODO.
It's out of warranty, just changed the air filter annually, from my FNG.
Washing once a week, polishing once a month.
Just fill it shut it and forget it.
Vinod_nair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 10:03   #4496
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Sanjay

Dealer's Discount on Insurance is a laughable thing.

I booked my Nexon XM(A)S on 2nd November. The dealer had prior to that told me that the insurance is 43k and it can be reduced to 39k, but that will not include Engine Protection Cover.

I searched online on PolicyBazaar and saw quotes ranging from 28k all inclusive. While booking I said that this is what I have and this is the max I am willing to pay. I booked saying I will take insurance from outside.

In a few days I got a call regarding insurance again. I explained the same thing. They again said that it can be bought down to 37k and no engine protection cover. I again declined. Said that if you can give me lower, I will take it. I will prefer to take it from the dealership so that there is a one point contact.
Finally they offered me 31k with engine protection cover and 24X7 Roadside assistance and everything. A drop of 12k. This I have accepted. Let's see what happens during delivery.

So do look up Policybazaar and acko and the likes and get a detailed insurance quote as that is where the dealers try to rip you off. Also, if they do not relent, simply take it from outside.
Samrat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 22:42   #4497
BHPian

Took the delivery of our Nexon XZ+ Petrol this week.
Thanks to valuable information on this thread that helped us choose Nexon.

Our choice was based on safety as the highest priority.
We had shortlisted XUV300, Nexon and Brezza.
XUV300 was ruled out due to boot space limitation.
Brezza looks were not liked by the family.

We actually shortlisted XM-S for sunroof but after seeing the size of the sunroof we decided against that and went for XZ+ at the last minute.

Had a question on the power socket rating, the manual clearly says 12V (10A) so is 120 Watts max we can get?

I am interested as I am looking at buying a vacuum Bergmann Stunner - 150W which will be over this rating. Based on the feedback will settle for something at or under 120W
vinodmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 11:00   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hi Sanjay,

Good luck and keep us all updated about your experience!
Quote:
Originally Posted by srj1266 View Post
Hi Sanjay

Thanks NovemberKing_91 and srj1266 for your inputs. I have booked single tone xz+ (P) foliage green.

Waiting period as told by the advisor is 15-20 weeks. Enough time for me to sort things out.

Is there any whats app group for tata nexon owners, Pune ?
Sanjay_Sangar27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 19:04   #4499

Have anyone here installed roof bars on 2020 Nexon?
Old 21st January 2022, 20:27   #4500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1ll3r View Post
Have anyone here installed roof bars on 2020 Nexon?
Please check out this travelogue entry, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ata-nexon.html (Safarnama | An unforgettable road-trip to Ladakh in a Tata Nexon)

He has installed a roof carrier and cargo box and has all the details.
vinodmk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks