Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2021, 18:29   #4411
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Thank you for your response :-)

By any chance, did you experience both petrol and diesel versions of Nexon?
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:06   #4412
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for going off topic, but in case anyone is really fed-up with how the AndroidAuto behaves (crashes) in their Nexon XZ or above - you might want to have a look at my post here -
Link to post in ownership thread. (Story of Ironhide - My Tata Nexon XZ+ Diesel)

Will post an update in case this solution also ends-up being a failure in some days. Seems to be OK for now. AndroidAuto working for the first time in my car in 2.5 years almost.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:52   #4413
BHPian

Query to all Owners,

What floor mats are you guys using? The official brochure has only 3D mats.

And any good place near JP Nagar, Bangalore to Leather wrap the steering wheel?

What are accessories are a MUST apart from Floor Mats, Mud Flaps?

Thanks!
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:54   #4414

I am facing a peculiar issue with my January 2021 Nexon XZ+ petrol. This issue started coming after the first service.

A humming noise starts coming from the front side of the car after driving for two to three hours. The issue appears only while cruising on highways and not on city speeds. Noise stops as soon as brake is applied or when speed reduces. It comes back again after we reach highway speeds. Noise is more prominent while turning steering to the right. A video of the highway noise is given below

The issue also comes when I drive the car after being parked for a few days. In this case the noise goes away after driving for a minute.

I reported this to Tata Motors Service. It was hard to reproduce this in front of them. Brake caliper, Front disk assembly and wheel bearings were replaced by them in multiple visits. But issue still persists and they seem to have no clue.
hchand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 20:32   #4415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishegde View Post
And any good place near JP Nagar, Bangalore to Leather wrap the steering wheel?
Though Imperial is closer to JP nagar, I prefer Devraj/Nagraj. Do check threads on both these guys. (search title). Call them for exact locations / prices. Devraj/Nagraj may have moved from JC Road now.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 20:48   #4416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Booked a Nexon diesel XZ+ at Prerana Motors. No discounts whatso ever. Expected delivery by mid January 2022. I have opted for the insurance from Acko which saves me a substantial amount and extended warranty.

I've changed my booking from 2021 model to 2022 model as I would be taking the delivery in January 22 and the sales advisor has promised to get me the delivery of 2022 model by end of January 2022 or latest by first week of February 2022.
Old 23rd November 2021, 21:12   #4417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchand View Post
Brake caliper, Front disk assembly and wheel bearings were replaced by them in multiple visits. But issue still persists and they seem to have no clue.
Are you facing any braking issues after this? I mean increased stopping distance, pulling to side while stopping, low instantaneous fuel efficiency, etc?

One test you should do yourself: After this sound starts, drive for a while, stop and then check the temperature of the alloys by touching them. You should roughly feel the same warmth in all 4 wheels if there's no brake issue. If any wheel feels warmer than the rest, it's something related to brakes.

Did they check the brake booster, brake lines?
stallmaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 21:44   #4418

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post
Are you facing any braking issues after this? I mean increased stopping distance, pulling to side while stopping, low instantaneous fuel efficiency, etc?
Nothing that I could notice. I think I am feeling a slight difference in the brake bite point. It feels a little softer. Since the car is new, I am still getting used to it. So I can't be completely sure of it.

Quote:
One test you should do yourself: After this sound starts, drive for a while, stop and then check the temperature of the alloys by touching them. You should roughly feel the same warmth in all 4 wheels if there's no brake issue. If any wheel feels warmer than the rest, it's something related to brakes.
I did try this. I could not feel any difference in temperatures.

Quote:
Did they check the brake booster, brake lines?
They told that they have checked the full brake system. I will reconfirm.

They are telling that they are not able to reproduce the issue and hence not able to diagnose it. I am also wondering
Old 23rd November 2021, 22:56   #4419
srh
BHPian

Quote:

I reported this to Tata Motors Service. It was hard to reproduce this in front of them. Brake caliper, Front disk assembly and wheel bearings were replaced by them in multiple visits. But issue still persists and they seem to have no clue.
Since you already covered the brakes and wheel bearings, the component that needs to be checked is the stabilizer/ anti roll bar and its linkages.
srh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 00:17   #4420
BHPian

Quote:
They told that they have checked the full brake system. I will reconfirm.
Well this noise is definitely emanating from something rubbing against a rotating mass. There are so many rotating masses that's in a moving car, but you can safely eliminate engine and gearbox from the list.

Rest are brakes, wheels and axles. If they have checked brakes and wheels, the remaining culprit are the axles. Look out for anything rubbing against rotating axles.
stallmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 06:48   #4421

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post
Well this noise is definitely emanating from something rubbing against a rotating mass. There are so many rotating masses that's in a moving car, but you can safely eliminate engine and gearbox from the list.

Rest are brakes, wheels and axles. If they have checked brakes and wheels, the remaining culprit are the axles. Look out for anything rubbing against rotating axles.
I thought only rear-wheel drive vehicles have axles. Isn't that the case?
Old 24th November 2021, 07:45   #4422
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing a peculiar issue with my January 2021 Nexon XZ+ petrol.
Like others have mentioned, the right Axel seems to be the sound emitting source, after some more wear and tear, this same sound becomes the tick tick sound of the Maruti cars of yore.

Take your car to a experienced known FNG, and let him disagnose and then take a call, later visit TASS with his view.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 07:46   #4423
BHPian

Quote:
I thought only rear-wheel drive vehicles have axles. Isn't that the case?
Axles are the shafts which transfer power from transmission to wheels. All vehicles have them except EVs.
stallmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 09:59   #4424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They are telling that they are not able to reproduce the issue and hence not able to diagnose it. I am also wondering
Considering it is a new vehicle, please take it to a reputed tyre alignment shop, ask them to test drive as well as inspect the tyres. There could be a manufacturing defect in one or two tires.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 10:21   #4425
BHPian

Take it to MRF tire shop in Panavila Junction for an alignment/ check up ( there are two there right opposite to each other, so don't get confused !. The one I am talking about is on the OPPOSITE side to SP Grand days hotel). Seems like some harmonic vibration/ resonance and the source can be anything from the tires to suspension.

If the problem persists after than, then need to look at other components ( body) to isolate the problem. Looks like it is coming from front RHS side.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks