Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2020, 17:46   #2956
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I've booked the facelift XMA-Petrol and have decided to go for the 2+3 extended warranty. Do you guys think that an additional investment in gold AMC will be worth considering my annual run of 8-12k kms? I feel like the P2P plan should suffice. Thoughts?
2+ 3 year EW is what you need in my opinion and nothing more.Only this week I got my warranty extended for the 5th year as earlier only 2 year standard+ 2 year EW was available.I too have the similar annual run as yours and is a petrol XZA.
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 17:49   #2957
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Mohit Gupta for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I am Mohit Gupta and I have been following Team-BHP from the last two years. I bought a TATA Nexon (D) AMT in October 2018 and I have done all the routine services in TATA authorized service stations only. From last 2 months, the car has started having a strange problem where it doesn't accelerate. This has happened on highways and only when we are cruising. The car stops accelerating and doesn't change gears. When we move the car to the side, the engine gets switched off automatically and doesn't start. This has happened with my uncle recently when he was travelling to UP, near Godhra. He got it checked at the nearest TATA service station, where they connected the ECU and removed the warnings and said everything was fine but the very next day it happened again. I would be grateful for your help as the service station has been unable to find any proper solution and said everything is fine. Attaching the video of the same which happened on 16 Feb 2020.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 22:23   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks to Mohit Gupta for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via...]
Man ! That's a matter of deep concern.Shall share the same with the TASS guys here and let's see what they have to say.May not be much without having a look at the vehicle.

A few queries come to my mind:

I could not figure out from the video..was there sufficient fuel? Just a wild guess.actually there should have been,else the Tata lady would have prompted and i did not hear any.

Could it have been a battery issue? But again, that should not have affected acceleration.When was the last service done and were there any discrepancies found then or anytime earlier?

If the service guys have said everything is fine, wasn't the behaviour replicated when they tested?If the highway is far from your place,you should still be testing under the exact conditions and charge TASS for the same.Their service has improved.Im sure they will compensate.

Should be a coincidence that 2 cars in the family are facing the same issue.Really a pain.Has anyone else in the forum faced this? Just to check if there is a pattern.

Waiting for the Nexon technical expert's comments here.Do keep us posted on the updates.Wishing Mohit a quick resolution.There have been a few issues reported in this forum and they all have been addressed to satisfaction.So buddy.. don't worry !

Last edited by Ram78 : 21st February 2020 at 22:50.
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 05:55   #2959
BHPian

Tata Nexon Lands Upside Down After Falling From a Flyover, All Occupants Safe: https://indianauto.com/news/tata-nex...mumbai-nid4185
Old 24th February 2020, 11:04   #2960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
I could not figure out from the video..was there sufficient fuel? Just a wild guess.actually there should have been,else the Tata lady would have prompted and i did not hear any.
I think there is enough fuel. This car has the old type console - fuel & temp gauges are below the tacho & speedo meters, not in the MID like current gen.
Quote:
Could it have been a battery issue? But again, that should not have affected acceleration.When was the last service done and were there any discrepancies found then or anytime earlier?
If the engine is running - a dead battery wouldn't do this - However - if any accessories were recently added that included wiring changes - a lose earthing connection anywhere on the car can give exactly these symptoms.
Quote:
If the service guys have said everything is fine, wasn't the behaviour replicated when they tested?If the highway is far from your place,you should still be testing under the exact conditions and charge TASS for the same.Their service has improved.Im sure they will compensate.
I would have not just taken their word and accepted the car. I'd have asked for the error codes & their meaning. Just cleaning error codes is just so stupid on TASC part - if they really did just that.
Quote:
Should be a coincidence that 2 cars in the family are facing the same issue.Really a pain.Has anyone else in the forum faced this? Just to check if there is a pattern.
Was it 2 cars? Or same car being driven by 2 family members? I'm confused.

This looks like an ECU / AMT system issue to me. The car refusing to shift gears is classic software glitch! Ideally they should have been easily identifiable from the OBD error codes.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 16:19   #2961
BHPian

Experienced a weird one-off issue while on a long drive:

My XZA+ D AMT which was being driven at high double digits on the highway suddenly announced "City Mode Activated" and the check engine light came on.

The vehicle was already in city mode so that was weird. On restarting the check engine light went off and the issue has not recurred.

While I intend to have a note of this made during service, is this something of concern I should be taking up on priority?

On an unrelated topic, I realised that that ICE UI has the Phone Call mute icons reversed... i.e. The strike through icon which means mike muted is ON while the mike is unmuted and the clear mike icon comes on when the mike is muted!
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 18:16   #2962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Experienced a weird one-off issue while on a long drive:

My XZA+ D AMT which was being driven at high double digits on the highway suddenly announced "City Mode Activated" and the check engine light came on.
I do not own a Nexon but isn't this another post regarding diesel AMT issue? There is one more recent post here by @blackwasp. I do not remember any issue reported on MT Nexons, no matter petrol or diesel.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 25th February 2020 at 18:25.
Old 25th February 2020, 21:03   #2963

Nexon face-lift petrol also brings much awaited power boost

Quote:
.... the official website for Maruti Vitara Brezza-rival states that the SUV’s 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine produces 120 PS as opposed to 110 PS on the pre-facelift model.

While more power is always a good thing, especially for automobile enthusiasts, such changes are usually announced pretty clearly by carmakers. As for the Tata Nexon, the change wasn’t announced by the company, but was a rather silent update introduced during the launch of the BSVI-compliant, facelift model. This turbo-petrol engine is now the most powerful petrol mill in Tata’s line-up, even more powerful than the Tiago and Tigor JTP (114 PS on both). Not only that, but it is now more powerful than Hyundai Venue's 1.0-litre mill and Mahindra XUV300's turbo-petrol option. In fact, even though the Kia Seltos is positioned a segment above, its 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol motor belts out 115 PS, which less than what the new Nexon can offer.
Source
ascii is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 10:18   #2964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post
Nexon face-lift petrol also brings much awaited power boost
In a typical Tata way - this is not announced at product launch / auto-expo, but in this so called "silent update" approach that Tata takes off late. I don't see why that's done.

Also - if its just 120PS from 110PS and no difference in the torque outputs, this is mainly an "on paper" one-up over the competitors. The bump will be hard to experience in real world since the peak power is felt at higher RPMs which are rarely achieved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
The vehicle was already in city mode so that was weird. On restarting the check engine light went off and the issue has not recurred.
While I intend to have a note of this made during service, is this something of concern I should be taking up on priority?
I have experienced this 2-3 times in my XZ+ D (MT). Software updates to the latest versions (15.20 is what I have now) have not resolved it. However - were you using Android Auto during this occurrence? Over the last six months I have been keeping an eye and most of the software glitches that I have faced with ICE/BCM have been triggered by Android Auto related anomalies. Including the head unit & ACC going totally non responsive & needing a complete power down & restart of vehicle after 2 minute gap. That's quite embarrassing when driving your relatives around . I have intentionally avoided using android auto for long duration (days) and none of these issues happen then. Just my observation & inference on that basis, maybe wrong too. I use a Xiomi Redmi 6Pro, which isn't the best out there for software stability.

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th February 2020 at 10:26.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 10:54   #2965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
.. is mainly an "on paper" one-up over the competitors..
I think that must be the reason for silent update. Yet to check full spec on Nexon site.

Quote:
I have experienced this 2-3 times in my XZ+ D (MT).
On my XZ+ D MT I've experienced something weird. While slotted in some gears (first 3?) when I'm trying to slow down/control speed with foot fully off the throttle the vehicle suddenly picks up speed. Not sure if this happens if I decide to depress clutch and abandon half way. I've not been able to reproduce. But it has occurred at least 3 times.

I'm trying to be more observant of the actions taken by reflex to determine when does this happen.

Any one has any experience or tips?
Old 26th February 2020, 11:25   #2966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post
On my XZ+ D MT I've experienced something weird. While slotted in some gears (first 3?) when I'm trying to slow down/control speed with foot fully off the throttle the vehicle suddenly picks up speed. Not sure if this happens if I decide to depress clutch and abandon half way. I've not been able to reproduce. But it has occurred at least 3 times.
Thats normal behaviour. If you have an inclination for early upshifts - you'll experience this a lot in the 6th gear. Its the result of the aggressive Anti-Stall configuration in the ECU. The moment the ECU senses that RPMs are going too low for the gear & car might stall, it injects fuel to keep the car moving on. With foot off the pedal - it gets a bit unnerving for the unsuspecting person as car seems to pick up autonomously.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 12:20   #2967

Quote:
.. If you have an inclination for early upshifts - you'll experience this a lot in the 6th gear. Its the result of the aggressive Anti-Stall configuration in the ECU. The moment the ECU senses that RPMs are going too low for the gear & car might stall, it injects fuel to keep the car moving on. With foot off the pedal - it gets a bit unnerving for the unsuspecting person as car seems to pick up autonomously.
Interesting. And probably consistent with my driving style.
I think I normally tend to up shift between 1500-1700rpm vs expectation of 1800-2000 by system (based on guidance seen on system)

Your explanation may help me reproduce the behavior (and adjust my style). Thank you.

I'm also trying to monitor engine load through Torque app as I've noticed that it's not linear with rpm. Again this is to improve driving style. But monitoring is not easy as not finding right place to mount mobile and Torque app is not Android Auto compatible.
ascii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 14:28   #2968
BHPian

Invitation from Tata Motors..was forwarded in a group.Register if interested.The video doesn't seem to play though.

Get a first-hand experience of #NexonEV - The Electric SUV powered by #Ziptron at #TheGrandElectricTour, where we have arranged a set of activities just for you.
Come and #DriveTheLightning in these 5 cities - Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Delhi NCR, Mumbai, and Pune!

YouTube -

Facebook - https://m.facebook.com/events/255950...59511374263698

Limited slots available! Hurry & register at - https://ev.tatamotors.com/enquiry/

Last edited by Ram78 : 27th February 2020 at 14:32.
Old 27th February 2020, 21:58   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Has any owner here tried to install after-market (AliExpress ) auto-dimming IRVM in their Nexon? Its something I'm thinking of doing since some days as my next update on the already modded up car. Will be a very useful thing to have. I'm not too happy with the flippy mechanism as when coming back to "day mode" - the mirror position changes and I have to adjust it back!
I had installed the Auto Dimming IRVM sometime back. It is running fine till now but I feel that due to the sloping roof line, enough light is not falling towards the sensor (when the vehicle in the rear is at a particular distance)which makes it to reflect the light for some time and then dims. But when light is directed towards the mirror, it dims instantly. When I switch on the dome light itself the mirror dims automatically.

I removed the A pillar and connected a fuse tap and connected it to the front charging socket fuse. But I couldn't figure out that there was an allen screw which needed to be tightened after inserting the mirror bracket and it kept on shaking for few days. After few days, I got the allen key from the packaging and tightened the screw somehow. Till date it has never moved even a bit.

Bought it from Aliexpress and few images are attached below. Please excuse me for the poor image quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190918_213134.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190918_213236.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190918_213241.jpg  

vijith is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 08:55   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith View Post
I had installed the Auto Dimming IRVM sometime back.
I think this solves the purpose, thanks for sharing. Can you share the product link?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks