Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2020, 12:35   #3091

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

thanks for sharing your observations, just wanted to check the details on " 1. Noticed noise from the front side on bad roads. Came out to be the famous link rod issue. (Resolved)"

I think I am also facing the same issue and interested to know how it was resolved since SC gyus here have no clue.
Old 27th July 2020, 18:01   #3092

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 28th July 2020 at 07:48.
shandilya_dev is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th July 2020, 20:42   #3093
BHPian

Guys a quick suggestion and help. I own Nexon XZ+ Petrol and just about to complete 2 years with the car. No complaints and issues (touchwood) so far. Its not my daily driver and have driven it for about 15k kms so far in 2 years. The warranty is about to end in a few days time and i was given a call just today do i need to extend my warranty by a year or more. I already had taken a Gold AMC when i got the car for 4 years so still 2 years left for that to expire. Now i am a bit confused should i opt for the extended warranty considering its not my daily driver. Is it worth it for a driver like me who drives this car occassionally. They asked the price to be paid at around 17k for 2 years or 8k for 1 year. Would like to know from my fellow BHPians should i buy the extended warranty or i don't need it as its not my daily driver and already have the AMC on my car.
Old 28th July 2020, 22:07   #3094
Senior - BHPian

Under Gold AMC you are well covered. Warranty is mainly for engine, (and made sense when the car was first launched and its reliability was still to be tested). In my opinion, you don't need both. Gold AMC is, (as it is), so expensive. So you got that, it's great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys a quick suggestion and help
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 09:14   #3095
BHPian

Quote:
I already had taken a Gold AMC when i got the car for 4 years so still 2 years left for that to expire.

Is it not mandatory to buy extended warranty with gold amc? As in my Storme, for 3 years gold amc it was mentioned to buy extended warranty. Please get it cleared from TATA.
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 11:19   #3096
BHPian

Quote:
The warranty is about to end in a few days time and i was given a call just today do i need to extend my warranty by a year or more. I already had taken a Gold AMC when i got the car for 4 years so still 2 years left for that to expire. Now i am a bit confused should i opt for the extended warranty considering its not my daily driver.
Advantage of buying:
1. Peace of mind. If anything in engine goes wrong it will be covered.
2. Economical if parts fails

Disadvantages
1. You will have to go the A.S.S. cannot explore friendly garage
2. If car has to fail it would have failed by now. It's an additional expense the way i see it. I bought it for 4 years as my running is high (18K in 15 months despite lockdown).

You can skip it in my opinion unless the service center is good in your area
aniyo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 12:57   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Is it not mandatory to buy extended warranty with gold amc?
I don't think so.May be now it might be mandatory but the time i got it i was not told to extend the warranty if i am choosing Gold AMC. 2 years ago i remember i paid around 7k for Gold AMC for 4 years. I was given an option of extended warranty that time but it was not forced on me. Not sure what the scene is today though.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 13:09   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post

2. If car has to fail it would have failed by now. It's an additional expense the way i see it. I bought it for 4 years as my running is high (18K in 15 months despite lockdown).
Exactly my point and i was thinking the same. 2 years is good enough time to test the car by a customer to see if anything goes wrong. If anything had to go wrong it would had already happened (touch wood) rest its pure bad luck. Lately i haven't come across too many posts about TATA Cars where engines have given too much trouble. Most of the issues have been electrical or so.
I think i will give it a pass to buy extended warranty. Had i taken it at the time of buying it would had made sense since the product was newly launched. Even today after having some success if i have to buy Nexon i don't think i will go for extended warranty since enough time has already passed for this car in the market with promising results.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 13:58   #3099
BHPian

Basically the first Android based system that I have seen for the Tata Nexon that not only works with the steering controls (which all of them do anyways) but also the row of knobs and buttons on the dashboard that the Nexon has from Xm variant.

JithinR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 14:03   #3100
BHPian

Quote:
2 years ago i remember i paid around 7k for Gold AMC for 4 years.

I just want you to double check that are you talking about gold amc or P2P. 7k for 4 yr is too less for Nexon for 4 yrs. I took gold amc for my Storme for 43k for 3 yrs.
If you have got the booklet please check it.
Thanks
Prateek19 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 14:03   #3101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Basically the first Android based system that I have seen for the Tata Nexon that not only works with the steering controls (which all of them do anyways) but also the row of knobs and buttons on the dashboard that the Nexon has from Xm variant.
Yes now its quite common. Almost all are selling fully can-bus integrated Android head units for the Nexon, with all buttons functional. The erstwhile near monopoly that HyperSonic had is fast depleting.

The fluidic touch functions, good video quality, nice reverse view + integrated sensor visual + alarm make the system in my XZ+ look prehistoric to be honest! The mod friendly nature of the Nexon surely makes buying an XM and updating it a much better proposition rather than n XZ+. (Unless someone cannot absolutely live without a rear wiper in an SUV or hatchback - like me!)
Old 30th July 2020, 12:17   #3102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Yes now its quite common. Almost all are selling fully can-bus integrated Android head units for the Nexon, with all buttons functional.
Honestly didn't know that canbus adapters for Nexon had arrived in the market. I was looking at the lower variants of Nexon because for a relatively good price (as long as you go for the petrol variants) you get a safe car with all the electronic safety features that you could wish for.

One of the few things holding me back at the time was the lack of decent head units because of the single din configuration. I have seen a few videos where shops have managed to wrangle in Sony XAV8000 but that particular setup didn't work with the dashboard buttons.

Are there any setups that you are aware of that allow decent Android Auto/Apple Carplay systems like Sony, Pioneer etc. to work with the dashboard buttons and dials?
Old 30th July 2020, 12:23   #3103
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Ramit Sri for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I have been a silent follower of team bhp threads for years now. I am about to purchase a 2020 Tata Nexon XZA+(O) in Bangalore. I noticed a missing feature in all the 2020 Nexon top variants. While going through the official review page, I found out that it was discussed there.

Feature: Xpress Cool

Variants: Nexon XZ+(O) and XZA+(O)

Functionality: Once activated by pressing the button, it rolls down the driver side window and sets the AC to full power and lowest temperature to cool the cabin in the shortest possible time.

Findings: In the test drive car, pressing the button set the AC temperature to minimum and the fan to full blast. It didn't, however, roll-down the driver side window. I thought that since test drive cars are, more often than not, abused badly, it might have malfunctioned.

Today, after booking the top-spec Nexon Petrol - XZA+(O), I asked the sales rep if we could go and check the Xpress Cool feature in the 2 cars that were there (1 for delivery and other one for display).

To my horror, in neither of the cars was the Xpress Cool button functioning in the way it's supposed to. The issue was the same in all the three 2020 top-spec Nexons that I had seen and been in - the driver side window not rolling down when the Xpress Cool button was pressed. Even the sales rep was shocked by this. The "trainer" for Nexon from Tata Motors, who happened to be present there also confirmed that the feature was not working the way it's supposed to and he would have to check. A software update might resolve this. "MIGHT?" Everyone was clueless. They even said that for the delivery-ready vehicle, the PDI was not done by its owner. Hence, they did not know that this feature was not working properly. Same for the display and the test drive car. They hadn't bother to check!

This is definitely a shocker and news for many of us. The only reason that I can think of as to why this might not have been discussed here is perhaps because this feature is only available in 2020 Nexon top variant and no one has posted about buying one yet.

As for me, the sales rep said that it will be fixed and this issue will not be there in my car when it arrives for PDI as I had stressed that I wouldn't proceed with the payment if this issue persists in my car during the PDI.

I really hope that Tata has stricter quality control guidelines in place for their products and that they resolve this as soon as possible.

It would be really helpful if you can guide me on how to share this with the larger audience as well.

Regards,
Ramit

Last edited by Aditya : 30th July 2020 at 17:36.
Aditya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 12:39   #3104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Are there any setups that you are aware of that allow decent Android Auto/Apple Carplay systems like Sony, Pioneer etc. to work with the dashboard buttons and dials?
I don't think that would be possible, nor would it be worth it. The Sony/Pioneer systems that are Android Auto / Apple Car Play compatible are quite costly to begin with (I have used one myself, so know it). Then - they are running their proprietary OS and not an Android operating system. So you simply cannot "add" anything like BCM and CAN related features into it for integration. Basic items like steering mounted controls etc can work, but not rest of the items like reverse parking sensor inputs etc. You can wrestle with it to couple the dashboard mounted buttons' wiring directly with steering mounted buttons etc - but that's really too much effort & surely will work against the warranty. Best to get a better fitting Android system instead. Far better screens & the huge convenience that Android OS offers.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 17:33   #3105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to Ramit Sri for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Thanks to Krishna Chand K. C. for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Hi,

The conditions for the Xpress cool function to work are as listed below as per the information available in this video:

Quote:
Conditions:

1. The Xpress Cool function can be turned ON only if the ambient temperature is above 18 degrees Celsius.

2. If the car temperature is greater than the ambient temperature by 2 degrees or more, only then will the driver side window be rolled down.

3. If the car is moving at a speed of more than 40 km/h, the driver side window will not be rolled down.

4. If it is raining, the driver side window will not be rolled down.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th July 2020 at 17:36.
Aditya is online now   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks