Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2021, 17:53   #3841
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It is advisable to use a separate relay harness when you use bulbs higher than specifications. 60W bulbs will certainly give better light than the stock fogs. However - the wiring will take a significantly higher current load than designed. So if you install the Hella fog lights you have mentioned - you'd have to use a separate relay harness. And you'll lose the cornering light function on one side. (And both fog lights will trigger when you turn to the other side due to cornering being active on that side.)

Do note - the outer diameter seems smaller than 3" for the front part around the projector lens. There is a possibility of a gap left between the projector and the chrome shroud of the Nexon around it. Just keep this in mind to avoid a surprise afterwards.

Also - the mounting points in these projectors seem to be fixed in the body, not flexible adjustable clamps. If they don't align with the holes in the Nexon's bumper - you'll need to make other arrangements to fit these. I'd suggest you physically check these first before ordering online. Unless of course - there is a bullet-proof return policy for this product on Amazon.in.
Thanks for the inputs. Will check for other options, trying to keep the mods as minimal as possible for reliability. Will do the HID upgrades for Low Beams and LED upgrade for High beams. Guess that will solve the lighting issue by a good margin. BTW, the link for 4300k LEDs for high beams that you have mentioned in your thread is no more accessible. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Did a 800km round trip last week and noticed that the AC effectiveness was drastically low post 3 hours of usage. Throw was bad, changed the temperature setting, no go. Will have to check with the service center later this week. Short drives are good, no issues.

Incidentally checked the coolant and engine oil. Noticed that the coolant reservoir tank has what looks like water. Is this normal? The car has run 31000kms so far. Coolant requires replacement after 3 years, but not sure if the coolant color is an indication as well. Level is fine though, just a little over max level. And no engine heating issues (although have seen the temp gauge reaching the third bar occasionally during this drive, may be very hot climate and spirited driving).

The engine oil looked pitch black. Was taken aback since it was changed less than 2k kms back during the 30k service. But read on multiple forums that the engine oils contains additives which can tur it black rather soon. Also noticed that the service center folks have invoiced for 5W30 Engine oil rather than the recommended 0W20 engine oil. All services were covered under AMC till now. Not sure if I should take this up with the service center on this. Noticing mild vibrations on the steering and seat on idle(not sure if my mind is playing tricks )
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-coolant-1.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-coolant-2.jpg  

Last edited by knaveen : 27th February 2021 at 17:57.
Old 1st March 2021, 09:48   #3842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
BTW, the link for 4300k LEDs for high beams that you have mentioned in your thread is no more accessible. Any suggestions is appreciated.
Yeah, this is now a problem for most AliExpress items. You'll need to find another similar item and with a seller who is ready to ship to India. Might be worth waiting a bit in case things with China settle down a bit and trade restrictions are lifted. (The wait might be long though.)
Quote:
Incidentally checked the coolant and engine oil. Noticed that the coolant reservoir tank has what looks like water. Is this normal? The car has run 31000kms so far. Coolant requires replacement after 3 years, but not sure if the coolant color is an indication as well. Level is fine though, just a little over max level.
Doesn't seem like a big issue. Most coolants anyway are major part water and a slight amount of additives like anti-freeze agents to ensure fluidity. Colour really depends on the brand and the tints they add. Clear water like coolants are fine. I have the same too. No colour in it.
Quote:
The engine oil looked pitch black. Was taken aback since it was changed less than 2k kms back during the 30k service. But read on multiple forums that the engine oils contains additives which can tur it black rather soon. Also noticed that the service center folks have invoiced for 5W30 Engine oil rather than the recommended 0W20 engine oil. All services were covered under AMC till now. Not sure if I should take this up with the service center on this. Noticing mild vibrations on the steering and seat on idle(not sure if my mind is playing tricks)
The vibrations I don't think are a big deal, thats I think present in the Nexon petrol always on idle.

Ideally they should stick to the specified oil (0W20 in this case) when replacing. From our laymen's perspective, 5W30 is a "better" oil by viscosity and many ASCs including those of Maruti etc, have been known to use 5W30 instead of 0W20. Many of my colleagues also voluntarily go for this oil swap. However - I personally would prefer to stick to what is specified by the car maker anyway.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 09:58   #3843
BHPian

Does anyone have recommendations to prevent scratches on the piano black surface inside the nexon bs6 cabin, especially the AMT console finish. The piano black finish is becoming a super scratch magnet.

Also how can the fog lamp bulbs be replaced in the BS XZ+ variant?
Old 1st March 2021, 11:02   #3844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulananda View Post
Does anyone have recommendations to prevent scratches on the piano black surface inside the nexon bs6 cabin, especially the AMT console finish. The piano black finish is becoming a super scratch magnet.
The only realistic option I can think of is vinyl wrap. Some friends have done it and seems to work OK. Matte black / carbon fiber finish wraps are able to reduce the ugly scratched view.
Quote:
Also how can the fog lamp bulbs be replaced in the BS XZ+ variant?
Fog lamp bulb replacement is same in BS4 and BS6. The actual fog light assembly is the same unit in both. Just front bezel in bumper is different design. Open the front bezel (these are press-fit items with clips). Undo the 4 screws around the fog-light, pull it out. The H16 connector base of the fog light rotates to release the bulb. H16 Connector is integrated into bulb base.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 11:09   #3845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The only realistic option I can think of is vinyl wrap. Some friends have done it and seems to work OK. Matte black / carbon fiber finish wraps are able to reduce the ugly scratched view.

Fog lamp bulb replacement is same in BS4 and BS6. The actual fog light assembly is the same unit in both. Just front bezel in bumper is different design. Open the front bezel (these are press-fit items with clips). Undo the 4 screws around the fog-light, pull it out. The H16 connector base of the fog light rotates to release the bulb. H16 Connector is integrated into bulb base.
Thanks @reinhard. I too was thinking of applying a matte finish vinyl cover. Let me check with local accessories shop.

As for the fog lamps, I was thinking of getting the OEM lamps replaced with Philips Ultinon Led G2 H16. I am a bit skeptical about the H16 Led size and fit in the fog lamp housing. Can you share your thoughts on this?
Old 1st March 2021, 22:15   #3846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
I indeed was! I had finalised Nexon after doing a lot of homework and looking at my purse...
Very unfortunate Varun_G. All the best for your Venue top end.
I have also lost the interest as it's been 9 weeks of waiting. Just escalated on Twitter as well, let's see. I should have picked up the silver coloured model when it was available briefly. Told the dealer that I'm OK with XMA variant as well.
It seems that the diesel Nexon variants are available with very short waiting periods.
Not sure a diesel choice is a good idea now
Old 1st March 2021, 23:59   #3847
Senior - BHPian

I had those areas wrapped by 3M PPF. Been 3 1/2 years. The areas stay super clean daily, no swirls
Quote:
Does anyone have recommendations to prevent scratches on the piano black surface inside the nexon bs6 cabin, especially the AMT console finish. The piano black finish is becoming a super scratch magnet
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 00:07   #3848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadigar View Post
Very unfortunate Varun_G. All the best for your Venue top end.
I have also lost the interest as it's been 9 weeks of waiting. Just escalated on Twitter as well, let's see. I should have picked up the silver coloured model when it was available briefly. Told the dealer that I'm OK with XMA variant as well.
It seems that the diesel Nexon variants are available with very short waiting periods.
Not sure a diesel choice is a good idea now
I personally believe you should never compromise on your first choice of color/variant for shorter waiting duration. A car purchase is always special and you will have to live with the compromised choice for years to come!

Do not keep your hopes high with the twitter response. I had tweeted twice and both the replies were not a solution to my problem. Just keep pestering your SAs on a daily basis and hopefully soon you would receive the allotment
Varun_G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 17:15   #3849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I had those areas wrapped by 3M PPF. Been 3 1/2 years. The areas stay super clean daily, no swirls
Thanks, can you share few pics of the same. Also was it done at an accessories shop or DIY?
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:09   #3850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
Hi All,

After a gruesome wait of 11 weeks, n number of follow-ups with the SA, SA's manager, TSM, Kropex Motors General Manager and Tata Motors Social Media team, I finally decided to cancel my Nexon booking yesterday!

It was definitely not an easy decision to make especially after researching a lot and narrowing on Nexon to be my first car. A word of advice for Bangalore peeps, don't ever go to Kropex Motors for booking any Tata vehicle.

I finally decided to go ahead with Venue DCT Sports for booking and hoping for a quicker delivery and smoother customer experience. It pains me though having to cancel my Nexon as it was always my first choice but the extremely poor customer service put me off!
Update: I received a call from Tata Motors customer care today asking if my complaint has been resolved I told the lady that she is 4 weeks late in responding on my complaint and I have cancelled the car now.

If only the customer service was more responsive and quick, I would have been a proud owner of a Tata Nexon by now!
Varun_G is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:49   #3851

My Nexon is billed!! One HOT Foliage green Petrol XZA+ O on the way

Checked manufacturing to be Feb 2021 with the dealer provided information

I Hope the things go smoother from here...
pjallipalli is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 17:08   #3852

Tata contact

Dear bhpians, I was planning on gifting my parents a Tata Nexon. It has been close to 8 weeks since I booked an automatic variant, but there has been no positive response from the dealer's side. They won't even accept my offer for the entire amount upfront! I was really hoping to gift them a car by the end of this month when my dad retires. Is there an official Tata presence here? Or a mail id that I can drop a line or two at? I have tried their customer support which is not that great and didn't lead anywhere.

Cheers!
Old 6th March 2021, 21:54   #3853
BHPian

The first service for our Nexon was done today. It also being the first Tata service for me, I was equally apprehensive. Frankly, I was bit worried too. I had chosen a service center which was closer to home rather than taking it to Kolkata.

Couple of days ago, a Saturday morning appointment was made. The lady-on-phone was very courteous. An hour later, I received a call from her saying that my Nexon needs to undergo the EMS software update and I would need to stay there longer. She was apologetic about the additional time but suggested me to carry some dry food when I go there as there aren't any eatery around.

Today, the EMS software update/ECU flashing took about an hour or so. The update was being done fully online. Additionally, I told them that closing hatch door seems to require too much force. They fixed this issue by adjusting the hook position and I am quite happy about the end result. I was also feeling that the car tends to veer slightly towards left. They checked it using alignment machine but there was no issue. They swapped the front wheels but finally the issue turned out to be a simple one: one wheel had few PSI higher pressure. I guess, it's a time for a new pressure gauge at home. Later, the car was washed and cleaned but it wasn't up to my liking.

Overall, my experience at Tata service center wasn't bad but there are definite rooms for improvements.

ECU flashing
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonemsupdate.png

Nexon XM (P)
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon5.jpg
gmhossain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 00:09   #3854
vcy

Dear All,

I'm a novice when it comes to knowledge about cars.

We are a family of 5 (Myself, Wife, 18 month kid, Parents). I have been driving a Wagon R - LXi CNG for the past 8 years and intend to upgrade the car.

The Wagon R has served me well and I liked it for the Seating convenience and Terrific mileage.

I have been checking out the cars and have been confused with so many options and categories

The criteria I'm considering to shortlist are as below

1. Safety
2. Good AC experience for Rear passengers
3. Decent Mileage (15-16km ish in City). I mostly drive in the city but we do go out on 500km trips on highway once every 3 months
4. Good Leg room and Head room (We are all 5ft 8inchs or less)
5. Good suspension
6. Good and not too expensive service

I don't drive too much (40 kms a day when situation comes back to normalcy) and I do not drive at zipping speed. Also, I can live without features such as keyless entry, sun roof etc.

I have read about Tata Nexon, Ford Ecosport, Mahindra Xuv300, Honda Amaze (A different category to the above, but just thinking). The max I can stretch is 11-12lks. So, I guess, the list narrows down to Tata Nexon XZ and Amaze.

Having driven a Maruti vehicle for so long, I do not wish to consider Maruti.

Hence, dear fellow team-bhpians, kindly advise which amongst Tata Nexon XZ or Honda Amaze would be a better choice for me. Please also advise if there are any other options I should consider.

Thanks a lot of reading through patiently. Looking forward for your guidance.

Best regards
Vishwa
Old 7th March 2021, 01:05   #3855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcy View Post
Dear All,

Thanks a lot of reading through patiently. Looking forward for your guidance.

Best regards
Vishwa
Hi Vishwa,

Looking at your criteria I would strongly suggest you to go for the Tata Nexon. It is a superb vehicle and will fulfil your needs.

I am suggesting this above over Amaze since it has better ground clearance, is 5* rated, has great interior space for 5. Moreover I think the height would also make ingress and egress easy for your parents. Seeing that you do 40kms a day during normal times I am tempted to suggest the diesel Tata Nexon XM variant but if you choose the Petrol you can go for the XZ variant for your budget of 11 lakhs.

I think you should test drive both the engine options and take a call accordingly.

Alternatively if you really don’t mind a low seating position, you can get the top-end Altroz Diesel XZ+ it is exactly about 11 lakhs onroad. To sum up it is a hatchback with almost same space as Nexon and similar safety. The rear seats are not as comfortable as the Nexon though and you do get only a 5speed manual with the 1.5L diesel in the 90hp tune.

Last edited by Shanksta : 7th March 2021 at 01:08.
Shanksta is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks