Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 10:34   #3946

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
I have an S20+ as well and Android Auto works fine for me, except for occasional glitches with Google Maps (I'm on version R9). Whenever I connect my phone via Bluetooth, I also see a notification saying Android Auto is available and that I need to plug in. Afaik, S20+ comes baked with Android Auto and walks you through the setup process as soon as the connection is successful. Regardless, here are some pointers you might find helpful:
  1. My cable
  2. CONNECTNEXT guide for Android Auto setup
  3. Troubleshooting guide from Google
  4. Update your phone to the latest software available
  5. Reset your infotainment to factory default settings
  6. Contact your service centre to see if an infotainment update is available for your car
  7. Write to customercare@tatamotors.com
My phone connects with the Bluetooth just fine, but I've never received a notification that a connection with android auto is available. I've ordered the cable in the link you've provided, let's see will it work.
I'll reset the infotainment to the factory settings once I'm with the car. Will get the infotainment to the latest software when the car goes for it's first service.
Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulananda View Post
Try the following steps,

1. Reset the Infotainment to factory defaults

2. Clear Android Auto data and cache from App settings

3. Ensure your android auto is not in the Samsung optimization list viz battery optimization and app sleep settings

4. Reconnect using a high speed USB C to A , use a USB 3.1 if possible.

5. If the above steps don't work, ask the service center to update your Infotainment to R14
Thanks for the prompt response. I'll test out your solution as soon as as I'm with my car.
karikg22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 13:32   #3947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
It's unfortunate you and your friend are getting the silent treatment from the dealer and Tata. I empathise silence can be frustrating, but patience is key and since you've waited for this long I'd suggest waiting a little longer. If you haven't already, please tweet and (or) DM @TataMotors_Cars elaborating your position. I have an inkling they'll reach out, which is when you can ask for the territory sales manager's number.

The car is good, and I'm positive it'll be worth the wait.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes my friend has already gotten many calls from the Nexa and Suzuki dealers saying ready delivery of the cars but my friend loved the Nexon so he is not budging. He had tweeted recently and they did ask for details so lets hope something happens. Its just sad that Tata seems this lethargic in resolving service issues. In a highly competitive sub 4m cSUV segment they still offer the best car and value in the Nexon.
Old 31st March 2021, 13:07   #3948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Harry View Post
Hi, not quite sure whether it was the right thing to do as it might start rattling soon. The best way, I've found, to easily detach the parcel shelf on most cars is to slightly jab the tray from the bottom near each lock and it just pops out without a fuss. While attaching, just align the clips on both ends and do the same from the top. Works for me every time.
TC
I have used this trick before and this again puts undue pressure on the lock before detaching it. Though jabbing from below the tray is far better than usual pulling and detaching the tray. So i have just smoothened the locks a bit so that the tray detaches a bit more easily by jabbing from bottom without putting too much pressure on the lock.
Old 31st March 2021, 13:10   #3949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Yes, I do the same, Small punch with palm just below on both side of the slots is the way.
i agree brother but it again puts pressure on the lock which can come off due to its too tight positioning. That is why i have smoothened the locks a bit to reduce the pressure from jabbing it from below.
Old 31st March 2021, 17:44   #3950
BHPian

Guys very recently i got the minor service done on my Nexon and realised there are a few scratches around right and left of bumpers which i wish to cover up on the next service. I was wondering if there are any good bumper guards available for 1st Gen Nexon which can save the bumper slightly from getting scratched on the front and rear. I asked TATA service Centre but but they didn't have any available that time and said they are out of stock. So can anyone let me know which design suits the best and is actually helpful for Nexon to avoid getting scratched on the front and rear sides. Scratches on bumper guards is far better than to have scratches on the car itself. Online products and designs are welcome too.

Also i would like to know which is the best emulsion or polish for Nexon plastics . Want to clean the blacks both interior and exterior on my Nexon to make them look fresh and new after every wash at home with water and dust causing little effect on the shine of the plastics upto weeks together.
Old 31st March 2021, 20:31   #3951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
So can anyone let me know which design suits the best and is actually helpful for Nexon to avoid getting scratched on the front and rear sides. Scratches on bumper guards is far better than to have scratches on the car itself. Online products and designs are welcome too.
This is what I'm using, sourced off Amazon.in. since well over an year now. Does the job fine. Comes with pre-stuck double sided tape on the inner edges. Simply clean the bumper surface & stick it on.

Link - Amazon.in Product Listing - Corner / bumper protectors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Also i would like to know which is the best emulsion or polish for Nexon plastics . Want to clean the blacks both interior and exterior on my Nexon to make them look fresh and new after every wash at home with water and dust causing little effect on the shine of the plastics upto weeks together.
Take these efforts on exterior only if you live in a relatively low-dust area. If the atmosphere/weather around your place is dry + dusty like mine - polish looks fabulous for some hours maybe. Afterwards these polished black areas turn to a weird shade of soil because dust sticks on it .
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 17:54   #3952
BHPian

So I faced what I feared the most, rattling from the rear parcel tray just like how few members in the forum faced. It was super annoying as I wanted to narrow down what was causing the rattle. Placed weights on the parcel tray and boot cover to find out if it was due to vibrations. That didn't help and the rattle started frustrating me further. I narrowed down the rattle from the side of c pillar near the backseat. I feared if the rattle is from the suspension, as I read somewhere few Nexons had suspension issues. But I wasn't convinced since the rattle felt like it was from inside the c pillar. Finally found the culprit, it was the rear seat cover zipper rattling against the c pillar plastic clading Fixed scotch tape on both the rear seat zippers and rattling gone
rahulananda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 23:17   #3953
BHPian

Finally, we managed to hit the highway with our new Nexon XM (P). It was a six and half hour drive along the infamous NH-12 (Kolkata-Siliguri route). The distance was only around 268 kms but the road was a perfect combination of divided, undivided and perpetually under-construction sections. I drove our Nexon almost fully in the sports mode.

The Nexon was at ease while gliding over the stretches with almost non-existent surface. Through the smooth section, Nexon was cruising at 90 kmph with engine hovering only around 1500 RPM in the 6th gear. The Nexon returned a mileage of 16.7 kmpl in this drive using the full tank to full tank method. My better half and our daughter were really happy with the backseat comfort. They felt that the backseat ride was almost like seating on a sofa.

However, one drawback of using the sports mode is that the steering becomes harder. Today I had to switch back to city mode in a section where I had to use the steering quite frequently due to the ongoing repairing work.

Overall, the first long drive was confidence inspiring.

Nexon on its maiden long drive
Tata Nexon : Official Review-vid_20210403_070850_exported_6378_16174405519602.jpg
gmhossain is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 23:39   #3954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post

However, one drawback of using the sports mode is that the steering becomes harder.
Good of you to discover the Torque Steer between 2500 to 4000 so soon
I almost exclusively drive in sports mode because this is addictive, especially when you learn to predict it's effect.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 18:07   #3955
BHPian

I currently drive a 1.4 lakh kms driven 2010 Grande Punto MJD and looking for a replacement.

I had initially shortlisted the new Creta and Seltos but dropped both because of unpublished/poor crash test ratings of the Korean twins.

I did a TD of Nexon diesel today and here are my observations.

1. The diesel engine was more refined than what I've read on this forum. I expect it to get smoother as the kms are piled on.

2. Air Con was super effective. The rear AC vent now has a cooling coil and it shows. I found the new Creta's rear AC to be weak.

3. Road noise insulation is also very good. With all windows up, the road noise was effectively filterd out.

4. Seats were very comfortable with ample legroom in both front and rear. Seat material quality is also very good.

Dislikes:

1. Lack of illuminated controls. The steering mounted controls at least should have been backlit. It's going to be a distraction for the driver accessing the cruise controls at night in high speeds.

2. Beige interiors. It's going to be very difficult to maintain these. Tata should have provided black interiors at least in the foot well areas.

3. The new horn pad design is very squeaky and hard to press. I don't think it's built to last.

Does the Nexon have a battery saver feature? In my Punto, all electricals shut down automatically 20 minutes after locking. How is it in the Nexon?
Old 4th April 2021, 20:40   #3956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus View Post
1. Lack of illuminated controls. The steering mounted controls at least should have been backlit. It's going to be a distraction for the driver accessing the cruise controls at night in high speeds.
I'm a bit confused. Steering mounted controls are illuminated & linked to headlamp switch.
Quote:
3. The new horn pad design is very squeaky and hard to press. I don't think it's built to last.
Arent horn controls also at the thumb position on both sides of the horizontal spoke along with the central horn pad? I have tried it - I feel overall setup will last fine. Not much to worry.
Quote:
Does the Nexon have a battery saver feature? In my Punto, all electricals shut down automatically 20 minutes after locking. How is it in the Nexon?
Yes. Nexon has it. At least my pre-2020 one has it. Don't see a reason why they'd remove it.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 20:55   #3957
BHPian

So I noticed a new noise from the rear of my Nexon. There's a faint grinding sound originating from the rear after crossing 50 kmph. Unable to zero in if it's from the wheels. I initially thought it might due to low tire pressure, refilled, but the noise didn't go away. Has anyone else faced this grinding noise when accelerating beyond 50 kmph?

Is it something to do with the wheel bearings? I would be surprised because my nexon has only done 2100 km's.

Or is it the tyre road noise at high speed. Is Goodyear Excellence 215 60 R16 95H hard?

Last edited by rahulananda : 4th April 2021 at 21:21.
Old 4th April 2021, 20:57   #3958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Agree with this. Just adding it here hoping that someone from Tata is watching the thread and will consider it in the next refresh. The hornpad design in the new Tata cars felt cheap to me. They have two designs now. One for Tiago, Tigor, Altroz, Nexon and another for Harrier and Safari. Both felt flimsy to me. The old steering wheel that was shared by all the cars in portfolio right from Tiago to Hexa felt much better and built to last.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 4th April 2021 at 20:58.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 23:11   #3959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm a bit confused. Steering mounted controls are illuminated & linked to headlamp switch.
Thanks. Didn't know this. I did the TD late evening today and don't know if the headlight was switched on but it was dark inside the car and the driver side power window switch was the only backlit button. Is the driver side power window switch illumination 'always on' even when headlight is switched off?

I asked the SA and he also didn't have a clue. Will check with him again
Old 5th April 2021, 08:56   #3960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Arent horn controls also at the thumb position on both sides of the horizontal spoke along with the central horn pad? I have tried it - I feel overall setup will last fine. Not much to worry.

Yes. Nexon has it. At least my pre-2020 one has it. Don't see a reason why they'd remove it.
+1 very correctly mentioned.
My 2018 Nexon XMA every button is backlight (even the R N D & M+-mode below the gear stick), once you activate the park light.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks