Tata Nexon goes dune bashing with ease!

Video Credits: https://www.cartoq.com/tata-nexon-dune-bashing/
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 23:19   #3827
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
Today I hit a small pothole at 20km/hr. Immediately there was a small thud sound and got a driver door unlocked (open) warning. Has anyone faced this issue before?

Edit: The door was not just unlocked, it opened (not fully) but not closed shut; like how when we don't close the door properly the door will not be closed shut. The driver door open warning was displayed in the dashboard display
I have hit bigger potholes and sharper at higher speeds and have not faced any issue like this.

I do have another issue where I would be driving in City mode and all of a sudden, there be a lady voice saying 'City drive mode activated'. When I got this earlier, SC did a ECU update (not really an update, just loaded the current one again I think) and now I started getting again especially during long drives. If in case someone here got this issue and resolved it, please shed some light on that.

Last edited by satish_tns : 22nd February 2021 at 23:20. Reason: grammer fix
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 07:24   #3828
BHPian

Quote:
Today I hit a small pothole at 20km/hr. Immediately there was a small thud sound and got a driver door unlocked (open) warning. Has anyone faced this issue before
I faced this once in my 2011 figo at around 40kmph
NICHE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 19:58   #3829
BHPian

Has anyone noticed a loss in the pickup in Nexon Diesel AMT after a service? I had recently given my vehicle for 15000kms service and I feel a lack of torque(Sports mode feels like City mode kind of torque). I had requested them to update the ICE Head unit software but not sure if they went ahead and did an ECU update also due to some internal technical service bulletin which I am not aware of.
BeingHuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 00:03   #3830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHuman View Post
Has anyone noticed a loss in the pickup in Nexon Diesel AMT after a service? I had recently given my vehicle for 15000kms service and I feel a lack of torque(Sports mode feels like City mode kind of torque). I had requested them to update the ICE Head unit software but not sure if they went ahead and did an ECU update also due to some internal technical service bulletin which I am not aware of.
I got the third service done last week (2020 XMA) and one of the executives who was performing a s/w update on a Harrier told me that there is an update for Nexon AMT too but its currently being tried on a limited set of vehicles before it gets rolled out to everyone. Yours may have been one of the vehicles that was updated.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 02:22   #3831
BHPian

Mine is a 2018 Nov manufactured XZA model. Isn't it unethical for the manufacturer to do a silent update without informing the customer? Are they trying to control emissions or trying to fix some mechanical problems like flywheel wobbling under certain RPMs?I wish they would roll back the update because the vehicle has lost its Mojo.
Old 25th February 2021, 21:00   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
Today I hit a small pothole at 20km/hr. Immediately there was a small thud sound and got a driver door unlocked (open) warning. Has anyone faced this issue before?

Edit: The door was not just unlocked, it opened (not fully) but not closed shut; like how when we don't close the door properly the door will not be closed shut. The driver door open warning was displayed in the dashboard display
Hmmm, does the Nexon have any crash sensor that unlocks the door in the event of a crash? And the crash sensor might have interpreted the pothole as a crash and unlocked the door. wild guess.

Better get it checked out at the service center.
rahulananda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 23:49   #3833
BHPian

Hi All,

After a gruesome wait of 11 weeks, n number of follow-ups with the SA, SA's manager, TSM, Kropex Motors General Manager and Tata Motors Social Media team, I finally decided to cancel my Nexon booking yesterday!

It was definitely not an easy decision to make especially after researching a lot and narrowing on Nexon to be my first car. A word of advice for Bangalore peeps, don't ever go to Kropex Motors for booking any Tata vehicle.

I finally decided to go ahead with Venue DCT Sports for booking and hoping for a quicker delivery and smoother customer experience. It pains me though having to cancel my Nexon as it was always my first choice but the extremely poor customer service put me off!
Varun_G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 07:41   #3834
BHPian

Quote:

Happened to me once very early in the ownership days when the boot door unlocked after crossing a flyover slab joint at about 50kph. Thankfully never since then.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 10:19   #3835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
Hi All,

After a gruesome wait of 11 weeks, n number of follow-ups with the SA, SA's manager, TSM, Kropex Motors General Manager and Tata Motors Social Media team, I finally decided to cancel my Nexon booking yesterday!

It was definitely not an easy decision to make especially after researching a lot and narrowing on Nexon to be my first car. A word of advice for Bangalore peeps, don't ever go to Kropex Motors for booking any Tata vehicle.

I finally decided to go ahead with Venue DCT Sports for booking and hoping for a quicker delivery and smoother customer experience. It pains me though having to cancel my Nexon as it was always my first choice but the extremely poor customer service put me off!
Sorry to hear. Have been following your Nexon booking posts and was eagerly waiting for feedback/review. I was seriously considering Kropex motors as this is the one in 20km. I wish Tata expand their dealership.
There is Maruti and Hyundai dealership within 2km. But I really want to buy Nexon.
sunilkm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 10:45   #3836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,After a gruesome wait of 11 weeks, n number of follow-ups with the SA, SA's manager, TSM, Kropex Motors General Manager and Tata Motors Social Media team, I finally decided to cancel my Nexon booking yesterday!
Ah bummer! I think you did all the hard work of waiting the long 11 weeks and probably cancelled within just a few days of delivery. What a shame that the dealer couldn't save a patient customer with little harder effort. Given how excited you were in the booking & pre-booking discussions, I was looking forward to your ownership post/thread.
Quote:
I finally decided to go ahead with Venue DCT Sports for booking and hoping for a quicker delivery and smoother customer experience.
Congratulations! Let's hope you get one quickly now, since you've already waited net 11 weeks. Its excruciating to wait for cars really. I hope we get to see your ownership thread soon. Would be fun to drive a fast DCT sub4m SUV for sure. I'm yet to try one. Someday.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 11:19   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkm View Post
There is Maruti and Hyundai dealership within 2km. But I really want to buy Nexon.
Indeed you should. It's a fantastic car by all means! The customer experience put me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ah bummer! I think you did all the hard work of waiting the long 11 weeks and probably cancelled within just a few days of delivery. What a shame that the dealer couldn't save a patient customer with little harder effort. Given how excited you were in the booking & pre-booking discussions, I was looking forward to your ownership post/thread.
I indeed was! I had finalised Nexon after doing a lot of homework and looking at my purse. More so, it was going to be my first car so the excitement was higher but it's okay, sometimes first love doesn't work out A couple of people actually reached out via TBHP to help me out for my booking using their influence but that doesn't work for me. If I have to reach out to someone else for any small issues with my car then what's the point of owning a car? Each customer has to be treated the same way irrespective of the car booked and Tata Motors failed miserably there (especially in my case)

Quote:
Congratulations! Let's hope you get one quickly now, since you've already waited net 11 weeks. Its excruciating to wait for cars really. I hope we get to see your ownership thread soon. Would be fun to drive a fast DCT sub4m SUV for sure. I'm yet to try one. Someday.
Thank you! Really hope that booking a Venue top variant isn't a bad decision Should get my hands on the new vehicle in a month. Will definitely share the detailed ownership thread once it's get delivered and also the pre-ownership experience.

Last edited by navin : 26th February 2021 at 11:44. Reason: Max permissible smileys is 2 per post.
Varun_G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 13:30   #3838
BHPian

Has anyone managed to use the ConnectNext app with Harman music system of Nexon XM?

The app allows one to choose XM variant but nothing much happens afterward. It would have been good if back seat passengers could control the system like switching between Bluetooth, FM or USB music sources! Of course direct Bluetooth connection works as expected.

I managed to clock only a couple of hundred KMs in last few weeks, as I am stuck at home with a changed family situation. However, I managed to do a few more DIY jobs with our Nexon. I mounted an action camera mount as a phone holder. Except for base plate which is glued with 3M tape, every parts can be opened/adjusted. I think, this is the sturdiest solution that I have used so far . Also, following Reinhard's guide, I managed to properly route the dash cam cable through the A pillar. In the meantime, our old steed, Zen Estilo, has now gone to a new owner. This week, we completed the full transfer process after visiting the RTO.

Action cam mount as a phone holder
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexona1.jpg

Dash cam cable
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexona2.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexona3.jpg

Looks cool!
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexona4.jpg

Last edited by gmhossain : 26th February 2021 at 13:56.
gmhossain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 14:38   #3839
BHPian

We are looking towards booking XM petrol. I have below questions.
1. Comes with 195/60/R16 steel wheels whereas XZ+ comes in 215/60/R16 alloys. Can we use the alloys with 195/60/R16 tires or need to change tires as well
2. It does not come with driver height adjustment. Can the seat height be changed one time?
3. Dealer qouting 8-10 weeks delivery for white shade. Is it consistent with across India trend?
Old 26th February 2021, 15:23   #3840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
We are looking towards booking XM petrol. I have below questions.
1. Comes with 195/60/R16 steel wheels whereas XZ+ comes in 215/60/R16 alloys. Can we use the alloys with 195/60/R16 tires or need to change tires as well
Yes you can use. No need to change tyres. However - I'd personally keep this particular item LOWEST in my mod list. Since you are not planning to change the tyres - effectively you'll be spending a huge amount of money, purely for looks. In your driving experience there will be 0 difference.
Quote:
2. It does not come with driver height adjustment. Can the seat height be changed one time?
No not really - you can get the seat foam updated from outside, by adding a denser, thicker layer in the base, to raise the height. Structurally - lifting the seat up - would involve cutting, welding of steel parts. I'd not be too comfortable going for something like that.
Quote:
3. Dealer qouting 8-10 weeks delivery for white shade. Is it consistent with across India trend?
Yes.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks