Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2021, 20:29   #3751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Took delivery of this gorgeous machine yesterday. Overwhelmed with joy and excitement. Will keep this thread updated on the developments and my experience with this machine. Thank you all for making me feel welcomed here and the support thus far.
Congratulations on the acquisition! Wishing you many happy & safe miles with the Nexon. Why not start own ownership thread instead of updating it here? Anyway very few Nexon threads here.

How about the accessories? Did you get those from the showroom? I don't see the chrome SBM strip you had mentioned, in the pictures.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 21:31   #3752
BHPian

Finally the long wait ends. Our new Nexon XM (P) was delivered at our home today after a 70 km ride from Kolkata on its Day 1. The odometer reading now stands at 92 km. I am yet to drive this new machine though!

Nexon at home
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon2.jpg
gmhossain is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 21:44   #3753
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Finally the long wait ends. Our new Nexon XM (P) was delivered at our home today after a 70 km ride from Kolkata on its Day 1. The odometer reading now stands at 92 km. I am yet to drive this new machine though!
Congratulations.

I have been seeing the very same color Nexon's a lot now in Kerala. Looks like this color is hit among the buyers. A small suggestion, remove the ribbons ASAP as they will cause scratches if kept for a long time.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 23:45   #3754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition! Wishing you many happy & safe miles with the Nexon.
Thank you!

Quote:
Why not start own ownership thread instead of updating it here? Anyway very few Nexon threads here.
Did not know this was an option. I'll make sure to create one once I'm familiar with all the thread rules and customs. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
How about the accessories? Did you get those from the showroom? I don't see the chrome SBM strip you had mentioned, in the pictures.
Good observation! Yes, I did not get both the chrome accessories I asked for, because couple of days before the scheduled delivery date, I was informed they did not have those in stock. It wasn't that important, so I told them to not worry about it. Day before the delivery the SA calls me about the accessories (since by this time I'd also enquired about boot mat) and says all the accessories are in stock, BUT any changes then would delay delivery. I did not know how sticking a few things and putting on a new mat would be a time consuming process, but a delay when family is there to pick the car was the last thing I wanted. So I just decided to skip all of 'em.

I've been staring at the car all day now and I must say (once again) it looks gorgeous. I'm not sure how the chrome might improve or worsen the look, so I decided to stick with the factory default exterior. I will probably add scuff plates to limit scratches in the area, and carpet floor and door mats to match the comfy interior.
uyscuti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 08:49   #3755

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
I a bit surprised with 11 KMPL on highway. Is that expected, because its a new car? Or that's normal for nexon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
May be due to automatic variant, also his average speed was 120.
Yes and yes.

Till date, only the 1st service has been done. Maybe the mileage will go up by a few notches post 2nd n 3rd service (just an assumption).

11KMPL was also due to the fact of triple digit speeds and AMT gearbox. Just for the record, this car has given me 18kmpl twice, on eco mode, during my Mysore and Shivsamudram run.
J_K_A is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 09:36   #3756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post

Nexon at home
Attachment 2118162

Attachment 2118163
Congrats on getting your Nexon, lovely colour, quite close to fauji (olive) green.

No variant badge, gives a clean back.

Enjoy your ride.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 5th February 2021 at 09:39.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 21:21   #3757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations... A small suggestion, remove the ribbons ASAP as they will cause scratches if kept for a long time.
Thank you very much! Yes, I shall remove the ribbons in the weekend when I plan to remove all other plastic covers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Congrats on getting your Nexon, lovely colour, quite close to fauji (olive) green. No variant badge, gives a clean back. Enjoy your ride.
Thanks a lot Vinod. As far as the colour choice is concerned, the credit goes to the home ministry; I was a member without voting right on such matters.

Cheers,
gmhossain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 21:06   #3758
SPM

Friends, Finally my Nexon XZA+(D) got delivered on 3rd feb after waiting of almost 1.5 months, that too after rigorous follow-up. Will write detailed reviews after ~6 months of ownership.

Here is my experience in short. Overall sales experience was good. Did PDI/PRI on 1st feb and everything was okay except two minor issues which were corrected partially before delivery and will be resolved fully in the coming days.

In accessories, bought only Mud flaps from dealership. Have ordered 7D mats from the reference shared in this thread recently. Ordered 3D bootmat from Amazon and returned it due to fitting issue, will source it along with scuff plates from local market in coming week. Door Visors, i am not pretty sure due to visibility concerns. Any suggestion from TBHP friends.

Snaps from delivery day.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20210203_114149.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20210203122120.jpg

Done 150 Kms so far. Feeling happy but a few niggles are worrying me.
1. Trying to master AMT as this is my first AMT vehicle. Following Bring to neutral when stop the vehicle and try to release accelerator when gear shift is happening.
2. Mostly driving in ECO mode and found it to be pretty enough for city travel.
3. Sunroof control key (open/close) is very sensitive, if we just press softly it opens/closes fully else slightly. My son loves it.
4. Efficiency shown is around 14 kmpl which has left me a little worried. Is this common for all Nexons during initial days. My SA says it'll improve with time. Is this okay or I am doing something wrong?
5. My friend took a ride today afternoon and he drove it for a while in Manual mode and he revved at 3000-4000 rpm (50 KMPH in 2/3 gear) for sometime (<1km) before i could ask him to bring it under 2000 rpm by upshifting and after we stopped, there was a strong burning smell coming out of the bonet but could not find anything wrong visibly inside. This has left me a little worried.
6. I was exploring Cruise Control in the evening today and applied it at 50 KMPH speed and after applying break, tried to restore the cruise control (after attaining speed of 35 KMPH) but then the vehicle suddenly revved to 6000 rpm with strong noise (revving, of course) and cruise was not restored. This 2nd incident in a day has left me worried. It should be some software glitch but yeah, it is worrisome.

Apart from these few niggles overall experience is very good, loving to drive it.
SPM is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 21:39   #3759
SPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
I see a difference of 14K between showroom quote and a quote from outside. The insurance is from National Insurance and i am transferring my NCB from previous car insurance to the new one.
What is the price offered to you by dealership? I got it for 40k from dealership for my XZA+(D) (IDV ~11.6L) with all add-on covers like nil dep, engine protection, key replacement, rti etc. This could have been negotiated during booking.
Old 7th February 2021, 10:48   #3760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post
What is the price offered to you by dealership? I got it for 40k from dealership for my XZA+(D) (IDV ~11.6L) with all add-on covers like nil dep, engine protection, key replacement, rti etc. This could have been negotiated during booking.
I got a quote of 48K from the dealer for XZA+ (O). I tried bargaining but they aren't ready to cut down further. I have decided to go ahead with external vendor for the insurance.
Old 7th February 2021, 15:11   #3761

Hello folks, I was in the market today for Illuminated scuff plates and front parking sensors for my Nexon and I found out that the process for installing both involves "skinning" the wire.

Apparently, they skin the wire and then use a clip. When asked why, the mechanic said that that's how it will draw the wire. In his words, "Power kahan se laega ye?"

He told me that unless there's a plug and play setup, typically found in a music system or HID/LED lights and fog lamps, they have to skin the wire for a power connection in almost every other scenario like that of illuminated scuff plates, front parking sensors etc.

And this wasn't just one shop. Every shop that I went to told me this. (Location- BLR: Jayanagar and Kormangala).

This got me confused. Pretty sure that skinning the wire will void the warranty. But then how do the ASC install these things?
I told them that the ASC fits them without cutting the wire. To which they said that the ASC also skin the wire. It's just that since they do it, they do not make a fuss when it comes warranty claims.

Funnily enough, he gave the example of a rat to prove his point: "Sir parking mein khadi car mien chuha wire kaat gaya, ASC usme bhi warranty nhi dega xD"

People who have installed these (front parking sensors and/or illuminated scuff plate) can you please shed some light on this?

Were wires skinned/cut in your case too? If not then what's the other way? And does anyone has any ided how does the ASC do it if there's no other way?
J_K_A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 20:01   #3762

Thanks to all the Gentlemen here for the great discussions which give some very useful insights to ones eyeing a Nexon.

I have been looking at a Nexon (AMT) ZMA for the value it offers at the price. Having said that, I am not at all downplaying the product that it is— ride/space it offers.

I’d be greatful for some honest opinion by the good folks here on some of the questions that would help me finalise my way forward:

-how is the reponse of Tata motors service centres to a car which is bought from Tata motors dealers other than the one which run that particular centre. I ask this since— the service centre close to my place is not run by the dealer I have engaged with. Having to go far for the biannual service schedules would be a pain in the neck. And considering the precedence of niggles/after sales experiences that I have heard, I anticipate a few visits beyond regular services. Do the service centres treat the cars brought from other dealers earnestly, with same amount of intent? Any experience to this end will be very useful to hear...

-also still not sure if I should just spend those extra 2 lacs for the ZXA+. I am not a sucker for the gizmos/bells and whistles that are being offered in the top end— apart from automatic climate control, height adjustablity of driver’s seat, rear seat split, rear defogger— perhaps one or two more that just add to the drivability/utility of the vehicle.

Thanks everyone in advance for knocking in some sense— cheers!
Ujjwal Bakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 22:53   #3763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujjwal Bakshi View Post
Thanks to all the Gentlemen here for the great discussions which give some very useful insights to ones eyeing a Nexon.

I have been looking at a Nexon (AMT) ZMA for the value it offers at the price. Having said that, I am not at all downplaying the product that it is— ride/space it offers.

-also still not sure if I should just spend those extra 2 lacs for the ZXA+. I am not a sucker for the gizmos/bells and whistles that are being offered in the top end— apart from automatic climate control, height adjustablity of driver’s seat, rear seat split, rear defogger— perhaps one or two more that just add to the drivability/utility of the vehicle.

Thanks everyone in advance for knocking in some sense— cheers!
Hi Ujjwal. I own a Nexon xza+. Just been a week since I took delivery of the car. I can't help you with your question on service, as I on the same boat as you.

I felt xza+ was a good choice considering what it offers compared to other trims. I needed a good sound system in my car, and I did not want to go through the trouble of fixing one myself. I did it my previous car, and I didn't want to go down that route again. Same thing with driver armrest. For some, it may not be a deal breaker. For me it was a must. Same went for other things. Whatever I want, it better come right from factory. This time I didn't want to go down the " I will fix everything at a cheaper price at my trusted shop" route.

Consider the gizmos as add ons and go with the variant that comes with whatever you want right from the factory. If rear seat split, auto ac, height adjustable driver seat, rear defogger etc is a must, and only xza offers it, then consider the gizmos as add ons. Otherwise don't go with xza+. You have arrived at this answer yourself . Happy hunting!!
alphasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 01:20   #3764
SPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujjwal Bakshi View Post

-how is the reponse of Tata motors service centres to a car which is bought from Tata motors dealers other than the one which run that particular centre. I ask this since— the service centre close to my place is not run by the dealer I have engaged with. Having to go far for the biannual service schedules would be a pain in the neck. And considering the precedence of niggles/after sales experiences that I have heard, I anticipate a few visits beyond regular services. Do the service centres treat the cars brought from other dealers earnestly, with same amount of intent? Any experience to this end will be very useful to hear...
I am also in the same boat. My SA has introduced me the service manager from the same dealership for all the future engagements. Nonetheless, i have contact with service manager from other dealership as well and i am quite hopeful that i would be getting good service from either of them at least.

To your second question about xza+, you get rear ac vents and cruise control as well. I am using the cruise control on daily basis and i have become quite a fan of it. So this can be a deal breaker too.
SPM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 09:13   #3765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post

To your second question about xza+, you get rear ac vents and cruise control as well. I am using the cruise control on daily basis and i have become quite a fan of it. So this can be a deal breaker too.
xza+ does not have cruise control. I guess you mean xza+ (o) optional variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks