Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 07:59   #3691
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Nexon in itself is a thing of pride because of safety accolades it has received. Nexon EV providing good range and power at this price point is phenomenal. Nice to see it in Republic day parade. Jai Hind.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 28th January 2021 at 08:11.
Old 28th January 2021, 10:53   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetarin View Post
What a thread!
My requirements are as follows:

1. High on safety
2. Good and fun driving experience with good ground clearance. I am not a red-liner but do like to rev my car in empty stretches. Also don't prefer hard suspensions
3. Good seat comfort including rear seats. Will mostly drive it myself but trips with friends come up on the cards at times, so rear seats should not be very cramped
4. Good boot space
5. Phone connectivity (Apple car play)
Hey meetarin,

Few observations from my end based on my test drives of a few cars listed above

1. Safety - Nexon felt rock solid during the multiple test drives. Venue has 6 air bags but only the iMT top end had them the last i checked. the 1.0 turbo top end had only 2 air bags. Please cross check this once again. I didn't test drive the XUV since i was only looking for a Automatic.
2. Suspension - Nexon was a bit stiff on low speeds but eats up pot holes without any complaints. Honda city had the best of rides that i experienced amongst all cars. Felt completely plush. Venue was a bit stiff at low speeds and didnt perform as well as the Nexon.
3. Refinement - Without a doubt City is miles ahead compared to others but this is a different segment altogether. For C-SUV, I felt the Nexon's refinement levels were much better compared to Venue. I could clearly hear the engine in the Venue. Venue bonnet doesn't have any inner cladding at all. Also, i drove a friends Sonet, and i could feel the vibrations on the A pedal at idle speeds. I don't remember checking the same about Venue. Please check this. With Nexon, vibrations on A-pedal do exist but were milder compared to Venue.
4. Seat comfort - the under thigh support in Nexon rear seats is excellent. I couldnt find the same rear seat comfort in any other car i did a TD. In terms of seating 5 for a long drive, i found all cars in this segment are cramped. You will have to pick the better of the lot and Nexon/XUV300/S-Cross are some of them.
5. Boot Space - Other than XUV300, all cars have similar and large enough boot.
6. Phone connectivity - Most cars offer this right now. This is much like a standard feature these days. But, Maginte offers wirelss Android Auto and Apple car play. rest are wired.

I am sure you found the above comments heavily Nexon biased Apologies for that
Personally, I loved the Honda City. But it was a different segment altogether which brings in other cars into the mix as well and the low GC kind of dissuaded me from going for it.

I suggest you TD all the cars in the market. And right now since the waiting time for most cars is at-least 2 months, Kushaq and Taigun might be in the market by then and are worth taking a look.
Also, add S-Cross and Magnite as well to your list. S-Cross was rated 5-stars in terms of safety if i remember it right. Since you are looking for a manual, S-Cross could be a good contender in your list.

Also, on reliability of turbo engines, i drove a turbo charged diesel engine for over a lakh KM's without any issues with the turbo at all. And that was a 13 year old car! So i think you can put your doubts wrt turbos to rest.

Last edited by naveenp : 28th January 2021 at 11:09. Reason: Added more details
naveenp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 12:02   #3693
BHPian

Tata Nexon does not offer driver seat height adjustment in lower/mid variants. Is there any aftermarket solution to take care of this for short height people. I am 6'1" so I found the overall view comfortable from the driver's seat but my wife is a bit short so was struggling somewhat while TD the vehicle.

I did some research and mostly came across a few car pillows which can increase the height by a couple of inches to help address this issue. However, I am not sure how comfortable or safe (in regards to they moving or sinking down while driving) they would be as a long term solution. Any suggestions/experiences would be helpful in this regard
Old 28th January 2021, 12:50   #3694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
Tata Nexon does not offer driver seat height adjustment in lower/mid variants. Is there any aftermarket solution to take care of this for short height people. I am 6'1" so I found the overall view comfortable from the driver's seat but my wife is a bit short so was struggling somewhat while TD the vehicle.
Using pillows of specific shapes for seat height modification has been in practice in India since times unknown. So thats generally the go-to option.

If you want a clean solution - you can simply remove the stock seat, sell it off. And order & install the XZ+ seat with height adjustment in the same mounting points. Will be a pretty costly affair of course. But its doable.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 13:05   #3695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
I am sure you found the above comments heavily Nexon biased Apologies for that
Personally, I loved the Honda City. But it was a different segment altogether which brings in other cars into the mix as well and the low GC kind of dissuaded me from going for it.
haha yes, but surely you have that bias based on your experience. Yes I personally love the City but low GC is a concern because I am sure I will take it to the hills.

Quote:
I suggest you TD all the cars in the market. And right now since the waiting time for most cars is at-least 2 months, Kushaq and Taigun might be in the market by then and are worth taking a look.
Also, add S-Cross and Magnite as well to your list. S-Cross was rated 5-stars in terms of safety if i remember it right. Since you are looking for a manual, S-Cross could be a good contender in your list.
Yes, I checked with both Tata and Hyundai for Nexon and Venue respectively and its 2-2.5 months. Will check out S-cross too, I love their design language. Kushaq and Taigun could be a bit over budget, but lets see.

Quote:
Also, on reliability of turbo engines, i drove a turbo charged diesel engine for over a lakh KM's without any issues with the turbo at all. And that was a 13 year old car! So i think you can put your doubts wrt turbos to rest.
That's quite reassuring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
I was in similar dilemma during first half of January. You should not write off Brezza and Urban Cruiser.
Thanks buddy. Will check them out. How do you feel about the interiors of Brezza?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
regarding the reliability part, turbo petrol is not a new engine type,

Start test driving the cars and see for yourself how they feel and how they drive, here everyone is going to give out their personal opinion, same applies to Youtube reviews as well. When i took the test drive of the nexon for a friend, i found no issues with the car.
Thanks for your inputs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Given that you are fine with sedans and SUVs & the Nexon is in your list - I suggest you test drive the Altroz i-Turbo as well in the same showroom visit. A very good machine that also delivers good fuel efficiency. Engaging and fun to drive, very spacious (also when compared to Nexon!), certified safety & very good quality inside out.
Yes! I did test drive the Altroz before the iTurbo was launched and comfort was quite good. Will check out the i-Turbo too.[/quote]

Quote:
Buy the car that makes you grin the widest within first 1 km of the TD.
absolutely! Gem of words
Old 28th January 2021, 18:18   #3696
BHPian

Interiors of both Brezza/Urban Cruiser are fine. In top variant that I purchased, they are comparable to others in the segment. Materials, fit and finish is good. Footwell space is better in these, compared to Nexon.

They have driver height adjust, cooled top glovebox, footwell lights, sliding front armrest, full folding backseat, full size spare tyre, leather covered steering etc. Feel of interior material like seat fabric and plastics is good.

We felt Brezza/Urban Cruiser is very comfortable, refined and easy to drive.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th January 2021 at 02:12. Reason: Typos.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 23:40   #3697
BHPian

Hi all. I am a new member to this forum. I am very excited to be a part of this community and excited that I took delivery of my Nexon today after a long and torturous wait.

The entire showroom experience, right from booking the car until taking delivery, has been rather underwhelming. It was always me who followed up for every single thing, whereas the sales representative never bothered to proactively follow up. Today was a disaster. They made me wait two hours before someone had the courtesy to give us water (well, we asked for water). I wanted to take delivery at a certain time, which they promised will happen but didn't. To be fair to them, they had 10 deliveries today (7 Nexon, 3 Altroz). But that is no excuse for what happened next.

They started cleaning my car only 10 minutes before they delivered the key. Everything was so rushed that it left a bad taste. I am a bit disconcerted and miffed that I cannot write a detailed report on the whole experience of selecting the car, test driving it and finally owning it. I will definitely pen my thoughts later. To get to the point; they left dirt smudges in the fabric on the door and near the ceiling. When I pointed out, they made it worse by rubbing it vigorously and it appears bigger now. They couldn't remove it and told me to go to the service centre and get it removed. I am afraid they will become permanent marks. Can anyone tell if there is a way to get rid of it? or give. me some suggestions. I am definitely going to lose sleep tonight over this. They have also left swirl marks on the bonnet. Can these swirl marks be removed too?

Regarding warranty and extended warranty, the sales representative told me that everything will be shown once the service centre enters my chasis number, and there is no separate extend warranty card or warranty card for the car. Warranty card. for the battery is attached to the owner's manual. Is this the norm or did I miss something?

PS: Found the PDI and PRI checklist from the forum was very useful.
alphasri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 00:05   #3698
BHPian

Dear BHPian,

Today i also have received my nexon xz+ delivery. Delivery experience has exceeded my expectation. Car was nicely ready with all accessories were fitted before i reached the showroom, infact i made the them to wait for delivery.

As soon we reached SA handled all necessary documents followed by a nice cake cutting ceremony. After that keys got handed to me followed by lots of click click. SA explained me all the features in details.

Overall it was a very smooth and hassle free car buying experience from Prerana Motors Lal bagh.

Would like to give shout out to Sagar my SA for providing all the support through out the booking period.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th January 2021 at 05:19. Reason: Spelling of shout fixed. Spacing fixed
im_chandan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 00:26   #3699
BHPian

Hi Chandan. Congratulations! I am glad.you had a very positive experience. Mine is xza+ white DT. I got it delivered from Prerana BTM layout. Totally the opposite of the experience you had. It's been more than twelve hours since the delivery, and I am still perplexed over how hurried and impersonal the whole delivery experience was.
alphasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 09:48   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
The entire showroom experience, right from booking the car until taking delivery, has been rather underwhelming.

They started cleaning my car only 10 minutes before they delivered the key. Everything was so rushed that it left a bad taste. I am a bit disconcerted and miffed that I cannot write a detailed report on the whole experience of selecting the car, test driving it and finally owning it. I will definitely pen my thoughts later. To get to the point; they left dirt smudges in the fabric on the door and near the ceiling. When I pointed out, they made it worse by rubbing it vigorously and it appears bigger now. They couldn't remove it and told me to go to the service centre and get it removed. I am afraid they will become permanent marks.
PS: Found the PDI and PRI checklist from the forum was very useful.
Hi alphasri, sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. It is surprising to see the difference in experience between two Prerana showroom in the same city. I suggest you escalate it to the higher management at Prerana. Wrt follow ups, the experience has been the same for me as well. The SA doesnt seem to care or give any updates. I have been behind him asking for updates. And even when i ask a query, the response is very delayed and requires multiple follow ups.

Regarding cleaning up of the car, i suggest you visit a 3M center nearby and check with them for an interior cleaning. they might be able to fix the fabric smudges. Are the exterior swirl marks too prominent? If so, treatment at 3M should be able to take care of that as well.

By the way, Congratulations on the new ride. Wishing you happy and safe driving! Also, when was the car booked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
Dear BHPian,

Today i also have received my nexon xz+ delivery. Delivery experience has exceeded my expectation. Car was nicely ready with all accessories were fitted before i reached the showroom, infact i made the them to wait for delivery.

As soon we reached SA handled all necessary documents followed by a nice cake cutting ceremony. After that keys got handed to me followed by lots of click click. SA explained me all the features in details.

Overall it was a very smooth and hassle free car buying experience from Prerana Motors Lal bagh.

Would like to give shout out to Sagar my SA for providing all the support through out the booking period.
Congratulations im_chandan! Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving! glad to hear about the excellent experience. I wish more and more showrooms paid this much attention to customers.
By the way, when was the car booked?
Am tracking my car booking at Adishakthi, Bangalore. Been 8 weeks since the booking and they seem to be mute regarding any updates. i am getting restless now
naveenp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 11:06   #3701
BHPian

Quote:

Regarding cleaning up of the car, i suggest you visit a 3M center nearby and check with them for an interior cleaning. they might be able to fix the fabric smudges. Are the exterior swirl marks too prominent? If so, treatment at 3M should be able to take care of that as well.

By the way, Congratulations on the new ride. Wishing you happy and safe driving! Also, when was the car booked?
Thanks for the tip Naveenp. I was also thinking of visiting the nearest 3M. But I read somewhere that they don't do patch works and we need to go for the entire package. For a brand new car, does that seem like an overkill?

I booked my car on 20th November. Went for the pre-registration inspection at the year a week back. It did take roughly 8 weeks from the date of booking for the car to arrive at the yard.

Meanwhile, I notice that the car has a mild shake whenever I close the door or just move around my seat in the car. I would like to ask other Nexon owners if this is normal. For such a heavy car, I didn't expect this shake.
Old 29th January 2021, 11:15   #3702
BHPian

Received the updated price list for Nexon from my SA. below are the old and new price lists for Nexon in Bangalore

Nexon Old Price List - 2020

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_old_pricelist.jpg

Nexon New Price List - 2021
(Sorry about the quality of below pic)

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_new_pricelist.jpg
Old 29th January 2021, 11:58   #3703
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations im_chandan! Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving! glad to hear about the excellent experience. I wish more and more showrooms paid this much attention to customers.
Am tracking my car booking at Adishakthi, Bangalore. Been 8 weeks since the booking and they seem to be mute regarding any updates. i am getting restless now
Hey NaveenP, have you received any text message from Tata Motors regarding extended warranty on the vehicle being delayed? I have just entered the 8th week waiting today and haven't received any communication yet. The SA is good for nothing. I have to follow up for every small thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
Thanks for the tip Naveenp. I was also thinking of visiting the nearest 3M. But I read somewhere that they don't do patch works and we need to go for the entire package. For a brand new car, does that seem like an overkill?

I booked my car on 20th November. Went for the pre-registration inspection at the year a week back. It did take roughly 8 weeks from the date of booking for the car to arrive at the yard.

Meanwhile, I notice that the car has a mild shake whenever I close the door or just move around my seat in the car. I would like to ask other Nexon owners if this is normal. For such a heavy car, I didn't expect this shake.
Hey Alphasri, congratulations on the new car and it's painful to hear about your delivery experience. I do not understand why do you want to take your car to a 3M service station and get it fixed when it's clearly a big goof-up from the showroom You should escalate the matter to the highest authority and get everything fixed from the showroom itself! If that doesn't help, maybe you should write to Tata Motors directly and bring this to notice. This is clearly not acceptable from the showroom when Tata is trying to improve on it's after sales and customer service!

Also wanted to check if you have received the extended warranty from Tata?
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 12:07   #3704
BHPian

Hey Varun_G. Thank you. Yes, I am escalating this issue. But I saw how they treated new cars at the showroom and my heart skips a beat even thinking about it. I am reluctant to give it to them again as I am worried they will mess it up further will smudges and everything.
Old 29th January 2021, 12:55   #3705
BHPian

Quote:
The SA doesnt seem to care or give any updates. I have been behind him asking for updates. And even when i ask a query, the response is very delayed and requires multiple follow ups.
Below could be the possible reason:
Nexon is selling like Hot cakes, like other CSUV, SA does not have to make any effort to sell nexon, Hence SA does not receive any incentives for selling nexon , due to this SA pass on the customers to other associates when they know the customer interest in nexon, also after booking nexon SA faces huge pressure from customer regarding the vehicle updates, allocation but they do not have information regarding when car will be allocated, hence SA shows lack of interest towards Nexon

Quote:
Thank you for your wishes, I had booked on 3rd Nov, If 8 weeks has passed then you should raise a complaint on TM social media, after that TSM of bengalore region will contact you, Keep in touch with him, he is the one who will help you more rather than contacting the dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks