Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2023, 14:19   #256

Thanks @overtaker for your response.
UPDATE: I took the car to a good highway run, Bangalore to Goa.
While going, I was getting a mileage of around 12-13 kmpl as we were slightly overspeeding here & there, of course at empty stretches.
But while returning I got a mileage of around 17 kmpl. Is this the highest this car can get?

3 problems I am facing with my Ciaz petrol AT facelift, if anyone else is too?

1. The driver's seat is making a squeaking sound which is very annoying. Every time I brake or accelerate the sound becomes more prominent. Feels like some spring underneath is making the noise. I showed it to the NEXA service, they said it can't be fixed which is very strange.

2. Also the door panel speakers make some rattling/vibrating noises while playing music especially when a little bass is coming out. My other NEXA car Ignis doesn't have this.
This makes the whole listening experience quite bad.

3. This problem is probably related to the AT only. While in Drive mode, when I am about to release the brake, a squeaking sound comes like the brakes are rubbing hard. The sound & the feeling is pretty strong.

Waiting for a response from my fellow BHPians.

Note: My car has clocked around 38k & also has been recently serviced.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th July 2023 at 15:54. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Paul-007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 23:06   #257
BHPian

Re: 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-007 View Post

1. The driver's seat is making a squeaking sound which is very annoying. Every time I brake or accelerate the sound becomes more prominent. Feels like some spring underneath is making the noise. I showed it to the NEXA service, they said it can't be fixed which is very strange.
My ciaz seat also started squeaking and Nexa team tightened the anchor bolts and applied some lubricant. The sound has stopped after that. What is annoying is the minor raj in long sounds from somewhere at a particular rpm when the plastic parts start resonating with the cars frequency.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 18:47   #258
BANNED

Regarding the mileage, engaging cruise control at 80/90 kmph can give around 19 - 20 kmpl or even more depending on the terrain if its flat or downslope. I managed to get around 18 kmpl with cruise control set at 95/100 kmph with bursts of spirited overtakes.

And what is the tyre pressure of the car? Suzuki recommends 29 PSI, and I keep it at 31/32 PSI

Quote:
UPDATE: I took the car to a good highway run, Bangalore to Goa.
While going, I was getting a mileage of around 12-13 kmpl as we were slightly overspeeding here & there, of course at empty stretches.
But while returning I got a mileage of around 17 kmpl. Is this the highest this car can get?

3 problems I am facing with my Ciaz petrol AT facelift, if anyone else is too?

2. Also the door panel speakers make some rattling/vibrating noises while playing music especially when a little bass is coming out. My other NEXA car Ignis doesn't have this.
This makes the whole listening experience quite bad.

3. This problem is probably related to the AT only. While in Drive mode, when I am about to release the brake, a squeaking sound comes like the brakes are rubbing hard. The sound & the feeling is pretty strong.

Waiting for a response from my fellow BHPians.

Note: My car has clocked around 38k & also has been recently serviced.

Last edited by overtaker : 15th July 2023 at 18:48.
overtaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 12:53   #259

I keep the tyre pressure at around 31 psi, all tires!
The annoying part is city mileage is 8.5 kmpl, should have been little more.
And by the way, do you get a rattling sound from your speakers while playing some bassy tracks?
I am wondering if some dampening treatment can enhance the sound along with some tightening of speaker screws. I read it somewhere.
Old 26th July 2023, 23:12   #260
BANNED

I haven't heard rattling sound may be due to the fact that, I haven't checked the speakers with considerable volume. But the bass is very poor compared to my Fiesta with its stock speakers.

Quote:
I keep the tyre pressure at around 31 psi, all tires!
The annoying part is city mileage is 8.5 kmpl, should have been little more.
And by the way, do you get a rattling sound from your speakers while playing some bassy tracks?
I am wondering if some dampening treatment can enhance the sound along with some tightening of speaker screws. I read it somewhere.
overtaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 10:21   #261

During the last week, the Auto-Start/Stop light started blinking continuously on the dashboard and the secondary battery was not charging. The car is now 4.5 years old and covered 38k kms.

When I contacted my service center (Kalyani Motors Hebbal), they asked to bring the car in for diagnosis. They ran the diagnosis by connecting their laptop with the diagnostic software to the OBD2 port. It showed an issue with the Primary battery ! I did not have any issues which pointed to the primary battery getting weaker - Car was starting normally, horn and lights were fine. However, since the car was running on the original battery for the 4.5 years, didnt want any surprises and agreed to change the battery. It is an Exide Conservo which they had in stock and it cost 7.3k. After the change, now the Auto-Start/Stop light blinking issue is not there and the secondary battery is also charging.
theleapyes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 22:43   #262

I have a 2019 Alpha Petrol. Recently my grandfather gave me his Duster 2017, RXZ Diesel. Both cars have 20k on their odo. Most of the running will be in the city but have a few outstation trips planned post September.
I need to allocate one car to the family driver for ferrying my family and doing the city chores while i use one for my own use (self-driven). It will not be easy for me to trade one for the other cause i tend to get attached to my machine and thus like exclusivity in driving it.
Any inputs are welcome please.
Old 16th December 2023, 17:11   #263
BHPian

I’m facing a very difficult problem-
My 2019 Ciaz Delta P - both the keys are out of battery, making lock/unlock very difficult.
At times, we have to insert the key into the lock to unlock the car, and that activity sounds the alarm until we turn the ignition ON.

What should be done to change the batteries of both the keys?
Old 18th December 2023, 15:48   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
I’m facing a very difficult problem-
My 2019 Ciaz Delta P - both the keys are out of battery, making lock/unlock very difficult.
At times, we have to insert the key into the lock to unlock the car, and that activity sounds the alarm until we turn the ignition ON.

What should be done to change the batteries of both the keys?
The keys use the CR20232 button cell, which is readily available. I usually carry a spare cell in my car, and my service center also replaces it with every service. A new one usually lasts close to a year for me. I would suggest you try replacing it in your keys.
theleapyes is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks