Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 16:57   #226
BHPian

Re: 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
I have a ciaz September 2021 MT. It’s done about 5000 kms on Odo. Took it out for a trip to the hills and realised that there is a khud khud sound from the right wheel when driven on slightly uneven roads. Could it be a lower arm bush getting damaged or suspension mount problem?
I had the same issue with my Ciaz which is 6 plus years old. My ciaz starting throwing this issue in second year. Arm bush was the culprit and got replaced under warranty. Now I feel the shock absorber is starting to give away. Front left side suspension is making noise over bad roads. I suspect its the shock absorber.
Old 22nd June 2022, 00:15   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
I had the same issue with my Ciaz which is 6 plus years old. My ciaz starting throwing this issue in second year. Arm bush was the culprit and got replaced under warranty. Now I feel the shock absorber is starting to give away. Front left side suspension is making noise over bad roads. I suspect its the shock absorber.
That is not very heartening to know. I’ve booked an appointment for Sunday and I will update here. The SA asked me to check by gently pressing the brake pedal when this sound comes. He suspects it could be be brake pads hitting the sides. Though I feel that is not the case. The car is butter smooth on regular roads. Only on rough patches I get this sound. In a 5 month old car this is quite unnerving. My other Maruti, ertiga has been trouble free for the last seven years.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 09:43   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
The SA asked me to check by gently pressing the brake pedal when this sound comes. He suspects it could be be brake pads hitting the sides. Though I feel that is not the case. The car is butter smooth on regular roads.
That is what they suspected in my case initially. Took me a month to convince them something else is wrong. Finally people from Maruti Gurgaon came and diagnosed the issue. Do let us know your experience with SA on Sunday?
Old 29th June 2022, 12:17   #229

Hi everyone, I bought a Ciaz Alpha AT in 2018, the facelift version. Pretty satisfied with the car but for about 2 years on & off drove my dads Jeep Compass which we bough in 2019 but got stolen around 10 months back and now while looking for a replacement and test driving the new cars in market, I'm not too excited driving my Ciaz. Don't want to spend money on buying a new one since its less than 4 years old & driven less than 25K kms, not to forget everyone in the family likes the car. Are there any accessories that one would suggest to renew my experience with the car - can't do much on the tech side of it and that is understandable but any suggestion on the interiors front would be really appreciated, thanks
shivam95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 09:44   #230
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Two suggestions needed:
1) I find seat ventilation is very much needed in Ciaz (2021-22 model). Has anyone installed ventilated seats or seatbeads or those aftermarket jugadu tech (ventialated cushions)? If anyone has used one of those, please share your experience. Pros & cons, price & usability etc.

2) Trying to raise height by installing a buffer in suspension. I have read many posts on this. But, some worked, some didn't. Is there any latest tech / workaround for this? Every month or two, I take my vehicle out on a long drive (~2k) and body touches speed breakers somehow or the other. With lots of highway projects going on this is becoming a headache. Need help badly on this.

Please help on both. Thanks.

Last edited by shreedharan : 22nd July 2022 at 09:46.
Old 23rd July 2022, 17:21   #231
BHPian

Fellow Ciaz owners,

I have given my 2019 Delta Petrol for annual routine service.
My SA says brake pads have worn out, and would last another 500 kms or so. I have got the calibers changed in this service, is the brake pad change necessary? Amount quoted is INR 2500/-.

Current Odo reading stands at about 28,500 kms with a sedate driving style (average FE hovered around 14-15 kmpl in mixed Mumbai traffic + highway drives).

Is this necessary? Or is the SA trying to fleece me here?
Old 23rd July 2022, 17:48   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
Fellow Ciaz owners,

My SA says brake pads have worn out, and would last another 500 kms or so. I have got the calibers changed in this service, is the brake pad change necessary? Amount quoted is INR 2500/-.

Just tell your SA to send you photos of the existing pads. You can compare the pads thickness to new ones.

Name:  brakepadwearindicator.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  80.3 KB

Source
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 18:51   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
2) Trying to raise height...
...body touches speed breakers...
If you upsize the tyres, the problem is largely eliminated. I run 195/60R16 tyres instead of the OE 195/55R16, and have not faced the scraping issue subsequently.
Quote:
My SA says brake pads have worn out, and would last another 500 kms or so. I have got the calibers changed in this service, is the brake pad change necessary?
You mean the front brake calipers were changed? I presume that would be under warranty, but why would they need to be changed so soon? And it makes sense to replace the pads when new calipers are put in (though pads are obviously not covered under warranty). It might be cheaper to buy and fit good after-market brake pads if you are trying to save some money, and if your car is out of warranty.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 19:30   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Just tell your SA to send you photos of the existing pads. You can compare the pads thickness to new ones.

Attachment 2337639

Source
This is what our SA has sent. I can’t make sense of these images. But upon inquiring, the SA mentioned there’s about 3 mm padding left, which should last for about 500 odd kms (I find this hard to digest though), after which there’s a high probability of brake disc getting damaged (is this assumption worth noticing, or he’s just trying to frighten me, should I not buy in his theory?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You mean the front brake calipers were changed?
Calipers have still some life left, we got the normal greasing done as recommended by the SA.
Quote:
I presume that would be under warranty, but why would they need to be changed so soon? And it makes sense to replace the pads when new calipers are put in (though pads are obviously not covered under warranty).
SA mentions calipers are good to go, only greasing is necessary at the moment, which we’ve got done. He also mentioned brake pads need replacement but not calipers (again, I do not trust the SA here as well, as calipers and brake pads both need to be replaced together, no?
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-4f888b4f82be4aa485452404868852fd.jpeg  

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-29c40997ba4b4089bc77b31e283214d2.jpeg  

Last edited by jigar1791@gmail : 23rd July 2022 at 19:31.
Old 23rd July 2022, 20:47   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is what our SA has sent.
...3 mm padding left, which should last for about 500 odd kms
About 2-3 mm before the wear indicator strip actuates to make squealing noises when you brake - this should last about 2-3000 km under regular driving, but I'd replace these.
Quote:
SA mentions calipers are good to go, only greasing is necessary at the moment, which we’ve got done. He also mentioned brake pads need replacement but not calipers (again, I do not trust the SA here as well, as calipers and brake pads both need to be replaced together, no?
Pads need replacement, true. Calipers usually last a decade and more, and need routine cleaning and greasing (of the caliper pins). Brake pads need to be replaced depending on wear, and rotors (discs) may need replacement depending on their condition. Brake oil may need replacement every 3-4 years.

Hope that clarifies.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 06:44   #236
BANNED

In my opinion, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is due a facelift with new features and an updated K15C engine like the Brezza got recently, would increase its desirability factor much more.
I know SUVs are the trend nowadays, but nothing comes close to a sedan when it comes to space and comfort.
Old 1st August 2022, 09:56   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Ciaz owners,

Current Odo reading stands at about 28,500 kms with a sedate driving style (average FE hovered around 14-15 kmpl in mixed Mumbai traffic + highway drives).

Brake pads in ciaz last between 25 to 30k in city driving. I got mine changed at 28000 km. Calipers are not required to be changed.
Old 1st August 2022, 21:13   #238
BHPian

Friends,

I just bought a 2022 Ciaz Alpha (MT) and need some help.

Did anyone here get an under-body engine guard / sump guard installed? At the first 1 month service today, I asked my service advisor if they can install one. He said that they do not have any such guard for Ciaz (and that it is available only for Baleno).

I see that Boodmo has under body engine guard parts listed for multiple older Ciaz models including the previous 1.4L model. Does anyone here have the experience of fitting previous generation's guard on the current model? If yes, please let me and the rest of the community know.

(This thread would give you an indication as to why this is a cause of concern - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5351914 (Why you should get an engine guard | Damaged oil pan leads to Maruti Ertiga engine failure @ 6000 km))
Old 8th August 2022, 10:09   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagarthenormal View Post
Friends,

I just bought a 2022 Ciaz Alpha (MT) and need some help.

Did anyone here get an under-body engine guard / sump guard installed? At the first 1 month service today, I asked my service advisor if they can install one. He said that they do not have any such guard for Ciaz (and that it is available only for Baleno).

I see that Boodmo has under body engine guard parts listed for multiple older Ciaz models including the previous 1.4L model. Does anyone here have the experience of fitting previous generation's guard on the current model? If yes, please let me and the rest of the community know.

(This thread would give you an indication as to why this is a cause of concern - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5351914 (Why you should get an engine guard | Damaged oil pan leads to Maruti Ertiga engine failure @ 6000 km))
Hello sir,

As far as I researched and asked around, underbody engine guard is not advised for CIAZ. Reason: Engine is naturally aspirated. It'll block flow of air. This is what multiple SAs and auto experts told me. Please do research well before getting it done. Thank you.
shreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 18:27   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
Hello sir,

As far as I researched and asked around, underbody engine guard is not advised for CIAZ. Reason: Engine is naturally aspirated. It'll block flow of air. This is what multiple SAs and auto experts told me. Please do research well before getting it done. Thank you.
Hello Shreedharan,

Thank you very much for checking and letting me know. My SA was trying to say something similar too. But Maruti seems to be officially selling an underbody engine guard for Baleno, which is also an NA engine.

My very limited, possibly incorrect understanding is that the engine air intake would be through the air filter and hence unaffected by an underbody cover. It is possible though, that the engine's natural heat dissipation is affected, due to the underbody being more enclosed than earlier [an issue that should hold good for any car with an underbody cover, if it is indeed an issue).

P.S: I am in half a mind to write to Maruti HO and ask what they think. I will keep you all posted if I do and they respond.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks