Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 21:42   #481
BANNED

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Dear BHPians,
I've changed my mind from 7seater to 5 seater, thanks to my spouse fearness to handle such wide body bulk cars (I did TD of Tata Safari XZ today and she looked at the size of it, made me to rethink the options, back to drawing board). Looking at the options, i seek this august forum to help me out to narrow down the best:

Need:
Fuel: Petrol
Automatic transmission (never mind AMT/AT/CVT)
Budget < 14L (on road)
Highway Mileage > 18KMPL
Lesser maintenance cost
Looking for min. 5 years of ownership

Automatic transmission options in hand:
Mahindra XUV300 AMT
Tata Nexon AMT
Kia Sonet DCT
Hyundai venue Turbo DCT
Renault Duster Xtrionic CVT (thought this comes to 16L Onroad)

Thanks for your response.
tsr_83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 06:15   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsr_83 View Post
Mahindra XUV300 AMT
Tata Nexon AMT
Kia Sonet DCT
Hyundai venue Turbo DCT
Would recommend getting the XUV or the Nexon literally just for the safety if nothing else.
Old 19th July 2021, 10:14   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

Mahindra XUV300 AMT
Tata Nexon AMT
Kia Sonet DCT
Hyundai venue Turbo DCT

Personally, not a big fan of AMTs. But then, I would recommend that you stay away from DCTs because of their reliability issues in the long term. The questionable safety of Hyundai-Kia is also something to be careful about.

Both Nexon and XUV are solid cars. Between the two, Nexon will be a bit more practical because of the larger boot. However, XUV will be much more fun as the engine has a superior response than that of the Nexon. Also, the AMT unit in XUV is comparatively better than the one in Nexon which is a jerky one (I am not sure if TML has rectified it with any update).
Old 19th July 2021, 13:00   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,
I've changed my mind from 7seater to 5 seater, thanks to my spouse fearness to handle such wide body bulk cars (I did TD of Tata Safari XZ today and she looked at the size of it, made me to rethink the options, back to drawing board). Looking at the options, i seek this august forum to help me out to narrow down the best:

If having Wide Body is a concern then you can strike off Xuv300 as well.
Old 19th July 2021, 14:46   #485

Hello, fellow TBhpians. I am new member of the Forum. I have been reading this Forum for quite a long time.
Bought XUV300 W8(O) petrol on 14th of July 2021 from K S Automobiles, Udaipur.

Test drove:
Tata Altroz- nothing exciting, Kia Sonet- fun to drive and good interior quality. XUV300- Safest car manufactured in India, fun to drive, decided to buy top model for just for safety features.

Long drive to Udaipur- Ahmedabad- Vadodara and back just after taking delivery. Enjoyed driving. Confidence inspiring on curves of Udaipur - Ratanpur section of NH 8. Drove 780 Kilometers. Fuel efficiency as per MID car info is 16 Kmpl.
Udp_wanderer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 07:24   #486
BHPian

Going in for my first servicing today.
I like that M&M doesn't have a date based servicing schedule.
Servicing should depend only on mileage.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 20:01   #487
BHPian

So first "servicing" done and dusted.
What I came to know is the second servicing at 10,000km has a 1 year expiry. Just when I thought M&M were cool with this mileage based servicing thing.

Also, they did some minor fix related to some wire, which they said was part of some small issue the company had found and was fixing proactively.

On they way home, I tried out the built-in navigation, since I left my usual carplay cable at home.

I was completely blown away by just how nicely detailed the navigation is!

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_6156.jpg
This nice directions board that shows up on the screen at every major junction is amazing! Very nicely thought out and implemented.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_6155.jpg
The way this very visually shows that I need to go up the flyover, kudos.

There's also a very nice little icon it uses to show which exit I need to take at a round-about.

Overall, the route was slightly longer than compared to what Google Maps would've suggested, but I am thoroughly impressed by how nice the navigation layout is.
ashishk29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:56   #488
BHPian

The perfect nightmare.
Was embarking on a Pune-Satara run. Got on the highway, crossed just about chandani chowk, and hit what i guess must've been a 6-8 inch deep pothole at about 50-60kmph.
Literally just 2 seconds later, low pressure warning. Another 10 seconds later, pressure leakage.
The tyre was completely deflated in about 30 seconds.

Stopped by the roadside, fumbled through the service manual to find the Jack mounts. Swapped the spare wheel in.

Headed on the nearest tyre guy, and there was a legit gash on the main face of the tyre. The pothole was bad enough to have the entire tyre bottom out and hit the rim.

The gash is bad enough that it cannot be plugged it patched without some deformation. Tyre guy recommended putting in a tube.

I called up the Satara service Center, they don't have a replacement tyre either.

So I'll probably do my run, come back to Pune, and get a new tyre installed.

I am bummed beyond relief that i have to swap out a barely 1300km run tyre :(

But I'm not comfortable driving around with a tube full time. Plus it'll also keep throwing the tpms warning over and over. Rip brand new tyre :(
Old 24th July 2021, 11:13   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
But I'm not comfortable driving around with a tube full time. Plus it'll also keep throwing the tpms warning over and over. Rip brand new tyre :(
You can have tube tire as a spare wheel, and later when you change your tires one of the tubless can go as spare.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 11:15   #490
BHPian

Quote:

I called up the Satara service Center, they don't have a replacement tyre either.

(
No need to purchase a new tyre, the spare is the same tyre size. Replace the damaged tyre with the spare one. Since the car has just run 1300 Kms tread depth will not be an issue.

Just put a tube in the damaged tyre and keep it as a spare.

And you are good to go.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 14:15   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
No need to purchase a new tyre, the spare is the same tyre size. Replace the damaged tyre with the spare one. Since the car has just run 1300 Kms tread depth will not be an issue.

And you are good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
You can have tube tire as a spare wheel, and later when you change your tires one of the tubless can go as spare.
The tyre is doomed. We did put a tube in it, and it's bulging very badly at the puncture spot. I'm not risking driving with a bulging tyre, or risking having it as the spare. Sadly going to have to get a new one.

Like sudeep mentioned, thankfully tread depth should match up being new tyres.

A friend said that some insurances cover this, is that the case?
Old 25th July 2021, 06:44   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post

And you are good to go.
Ah. I cannot run the spare tyre full time because mine is a W8 (o). So my spare is a size smaller than the other wheels and tyres. Other wheels are 17" 215/55. The spare is 16", 205/65.

I will need to replace the damaged tyre.

Also it's a major design flaw that the boot becomes do much smaller with the bigger 215 tyre stored in there. I lost about 20-30% of an already small boot. Has to adjust a lot of my luggage around the car.
Old 25th July 2021, 09:33   #493
BHPian

Quote:
So first "servicing" done and dusted.
What I came to know is the second servicing at 10,000km has a 1 year expiry.
If you haven't already, download M&M's "With You Hamesha" app. It comes in helpful when it comes to reminders for planned service, probable utilised consumables, and cost estimations. Manufacturers may utilise missing scheduled service dates to deny future warranty claims, as you are surely aware.

Quote:
Ah. I cannot run the spare tyre full time because mine is a W8 (o). So my spare is a size smaller than the other wheels and tyres. Other wheels are 17" 215/55. The spare is 16", 205/65.

I will need to replace the damaged tyre.
I'm sorry to hear about the tyre problem. Have you tried inquiring with the dealer or OEM tyre maker about the situation? They may honour your warranty and, at the very least, provide you with a subsidised tyre.
I had no idea that some variants have R16 spare tyres. Mine was a 2019 W8 model, and I was fortunate enough to receive a spare 215/55 R17 tyre, although on steel rims.

Last edited by Vijin : 25th July 2021 at 09:34.
Old 25th July 2021, 17:05   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijin View Post
If you haven't already, download M&M's "With You Hamesha" app. It comes in helpful when it comes to reminders for planned service, probable utilised consumables, and cost estimations. Manufacturers may utilise missing scheduled service dates to deny future warranty claims, as you are surely aware.
I do have the app and it's pretty well designed. I like how the entire service process is tracked step by step within the app. The only issue I faced was the payment gateway failed when launched from within the app, so I had to pay offline by card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijin View Post
I'm sorry to hear about the tyre problem. Have you tried inquiring with the dealer or OEM tyre maker about the situation? They may honour your warranty and, at the very least, provide you with a subsidised tyre.
I had no idea that some variants have R16 spare tyres. Mine was a 2019 W8 model, and I was fortunate enough to receive a spare 215/55 R17 tyre, although on steel rims.
I did contact a couple of authorised MRF dealers in the area, and was able to confirm one of the dealers does have the tyre in stock.
I am going to see if the MRF dealer will honour the warranty by chance.
The only issue pending is now the TPMS sensor, which had to be ripped out to install a tube in the tyre.

You really got lucky with the R17 steel spare! That is fantastic.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 16:49   #495
BHPian

Quote:
The perfect nightmare.
Was embarking on a Pune-Satara run. Got on the highway, crossed just about chandani chowk, and hit what i guess must've been a 6-8 inch deep pothole at about 50-60kmph.
Literally just 2 seconds later, low pressure warning. Another 10 seconds later, pressure leakage.
The tyre was completely deflated in about 30 seconds.

The gash is bad enough that it cannot be plugged it patched without some deformation. Tyre guy recommended putting in a tube.
I was already worried because I'm not a fan of lower sidewall heights. The W8(O) with 17 inch and 6.5J alloy size is weirdly accommodating 215/55 tyres. I looked up and confirmed a 205/60 tyre would provide a higher contact patch and a slightly higher ground clearance. Absolutely do not understand why this tyre size was selected.

The exact same thing happened to me on Nashik - Pune just yesterday. Lots and lots of potholes, and finally a rear tyre gave up. TPMS was useful as it almost instantly threw up warning all over the dash and infotainment. As soon as we stopped, the tyre was flat within a minute. Replaced with spare and faced the same problems as you not being able to fit the original tyre in the boot

The hole size was big enough not to accommodate a plug. The tyre repair guy however assured a patch will fix it permanently and they do this regularly with buses and a car should not be a problem. Although the tyre is no longer losing air and I cannot even make out where it was patched, I'm still worried running with a patched tyre. Would like some advice about this. I'm very skeptical replacing the tyre with a 55 aspect ratio one and waiting for this to happen again. As it is, in Maharashtra there is a great abundance of potholes and no matter how I drive the car is bound to hit some.

My Ecosport with 205/60 R16 steel wheels has taken pretty major hits from potholes, and seen the worst of roads at some good speeds and never did I have a single incident such as this. This is what leads me to believe the 215/55 is to blame here and I seriously need to adapt my driving style when on the XUV300.
jagzrk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks