Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2024, 23:17   #1141

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Hello everyone, first and foremost a big thanks to the Team BHP mods for approving the membership. I have been following the forum for close to a decade and am glued to the screen for updates and discussions.
I am a Mechanical engineer by profession and working in product design for diesel engines.
Started driving late when I was 30 years old on a diesel Ritz which was brought preowned.
This was the point when I fell in love with diesel engines and was addicted to the torque and the turbo boost. After using Ritz for around 1.6L Kms, bought XUV 300 Diesel, for pretty much the same reason.
Coming to bikes, I have a 2002 Yamaha RX135 which is in fairly good shape and daily duties of grocery and market runs are carried out by 2019 Jupiter.
On personal front, am married with 10 year old son.
I would like to pen down a small observations of my red XUV 300 which was purchased in April 2023. As of today, it has completed 13500 kms and going strong.

Some positives:
1. Torque, torque and plenty of torque, engine performance
2. Silent engine
3. Cabin is nicely insulated
4. Build quality is good, car is heavy and maintains composure at high speeds
5. 5 star safety
6. Good legroom at rear
7. Bonnet visible from driver seat

Not so good:
1. Not many users have listed, but I feel the air conditioning is not powerful in peak afternoon, its good in evenings or mornings, but it takes time to cool the cabin in sunny afternoons. It does its job, but I have seen people mentioning bone chiller A/C for some cars, its not definitely the case with XUV300.
2. I have see a couple of owners mentioning about steering loosing control on rumblers. Is this a case for everyone or is this faced by a small group or batch of cars. Wanted inputs since we have seen that the car was recalled for suspension issues earlier. I too face this issue and am extra careful on the rumbler strips.
3. Is it me or has anyone faced that the front suspension bottoms out on bit high speed breakers. If speed is less, this does not happen, but even is the speed is bit more, the car comes down with a big thud. Should I get the car inspected. Typical in cities with speed of 30 to 35 kmph.
4. Again a small observation, brakes are very good at high speed, does inspire confidence, but when at low speeds in city (around 40-50), the bite seems less. Has anyone experienced this?

Apart from this, the car is hoot to drive and probably the last diesel car I will own.

I recently completed a 4000 kms trip from Pune to Kanyakumari. Will certainly pen down in travelogues section.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-3.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-4.jpg  

TORQUEINDUCTION is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 23:48   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUEINDUCTION View Post
2. I have see a couple of owners mentioning about steering loosing control on rumblers. Is this a case for everyone or is this faced by a small group or batch of cars. Wanted inputs since we have seen that the car was recalled for suspension issues earlier. I too face this issue and am extra careful on the rumbler strips.
I have also experienced this but I rather firmly believe this is not an issue with the suspension, but rather a result of the suspension being on the stiffer side. I think the suspension tries to maintain a level since it does not decompress fully between the "rumbles", and hence gives a "floaty" feeling.

For more such experiences from folks with other cars, have a look at: https://www.reddit.com/r/CarsIndia/c...ing_on_rumble/

I can see comments from folks with Polo, Nexon, and other cars.

Quote:
3. Is it me or has anyone faced that the front suspension bottoms out on bit high speed breakers. If speed is less, this does not happen, but even is the speed is bit more, the car comes down with a big thud. Should I get the car inspected. Typical in cities with speed of 30 to 35 kmph.
This, I've definitely not experienced. Also I don't think anything above 25kmph is safe for crossing any level of speed-breakers.

Quote:
4. Again a small observation, brakes are very good at high speed, does inspire confidence, but when at low speeds in city (around 40-50), the bite seems less. Has anyone experienced this?
I have usually experienced the bite to be sharp at first start in the day, and it levels out later on. But haven't noticed any specific weakness at lower speeds.

Some of these factors, I feel like you just might need some more time to familiarise yourself with the car.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 15:33   #1143

Hello,

I am encountering a noise from the dashboard towards driver's side. The noise resembles two thin plastic papers rubbing on each other. Noise started almost 2 yrs ago (odo 15,000 Km). Initially it used to come on bad patch of roads and used to disappear on express way. Nowadays it appears even on little bad roads also (odo 30,000 Km).

Car was examined by M & M service centre - Twice, no relief. Suspension has no issues on examination. The service centre person told that he needs to open whole dash board for it - I refused.

What could be the reason of this noise?

Regards

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th February 2024 at 15:37. Reason: Spacing corrections
Old 18th February 2024, 20:48   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Joshi View Post
Car was examined by M & M service centre - Twice, no relief. Suspension has no issues on examination. The service centre person told that he needs to open whole dash board for it - I refused.
If the noise is emanating from the dashboard, and the suspension got a clean chit, I don't see any other option apart from taking the dashboard off.

It could be some loose piece of wrapping, or wire rubbing up against the dashboard.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 10:20   #1145
BHPian

Hi everyone, just wanted to know if it is worth considering a 2022 model XUV300? I think due to the facelift around the corner, dealer is keen to give away old stock at discounts. But my worry is, why is a 2022 XUV300 still lying around with them??

In case it is worth it, how much of a discount should I be looking at? It is a W8 (O) Diesel MT. I really want to wait for the facelift but knowing Mahindra prices, my worry is it will probably be close to 19-20 OTR for the top end since the current one is already touching 17.5, thereby putting it out of budget for me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th March 2024, 10:57   #1146

Hi, anyone else face digital clock wrong time issue?

4 months old XUV 300 W6 AMT.
Service center had "fixed" it twice during my initial service days.
I change it to the correct timing, but it stay that way.

What can be done?
Is this part of a larger system issue?
Old 25th March 2024, 17:19   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
But my worry is, why is a 2022 XUV300 still lying around with them??

In case it is worth it, how much of a discount should I be looking at? It is a W8 (O) Diesel MT. I really want to wait for the facelift but knowing Mahindra prices, my worry is it will probably be close to 19-20 OTR for the top end since the current one is already touching 17.5, thereby putting it out of budget for me.

Thanks in advance.
Your worry is genuine and I'd suggest you stay away. It is probably a vehicle with some serious fault(s) and it was rejected during the PDI. Stay away.
Old 26th March 2024, 09:20   #1148
Senior - BHPian

All, I own a petrol W8 (O) MT. The car is fantastic, no issues or niggles so far. I have done 34K in the 3 year ownership period. However, I have one small issue that's beginning to annoy me. Between 30 KMPH to 40 KPMH, I hear a very small knock noise from the front suspension. It's very low in noise and comes only between 30 to 40 KMPH. I went to showroom, the technician told me that he will open up the suspension and check it. I was not very convinced with his diagnosis method. I went to my old FNG and he took a test drive. He said, there is no issues, everything is fine including the suspension, link rod etc. Has anyone faced anything similar? Please share any details that can help me resolve the issue.
Old 26th March 2024, 09:24   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Joshi View Post
Hello,

I am encountering a noise from the dashboard towards driver's side. The noise resembles two thin plastic papers rubbing on each other. Noise started almost 2 yrs ago (odo 15,000 Km). Initially it used to come on bad patch of roads and used to disappear on express way. Nowadays it appears even on little bad roads also (odo 30,000 Km).

What could be the reason of this noise?

Regards
Sorry sir, I saw your post only now. Is your model W8 (O)? If yes, just try checking the IRVM. Hold it on top and bottom and then go over the potholes and see if there is still noise. The older models have a very minor issue in the IRVM. If that is the noise, then please ask the service person to open the mirror and double tape it inside (using only 3M). Your issue should be mostly gone. If that's not the culprit, then check carefully with others and get it rectified. Opening the dashboard is not very convincing. Also, check if you place your goggles in the holder. Sometimes, that noise turns out to be the real culprit. Please let me know an update.
Old 31st March 2024, 09:12   #1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Between 30 KMPH to 40 KPMH, I hear a very small knock noise from the front suspension. It's very low in noise and comes only between 30 to 40 KMPH.
Hello Raghu, there is a factory recall for the front suspension link rods. Please speak to your service centre. I got mine changed under this.
Sachin_s74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 19:09   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_s74 View Post
Hello Raghu, there is a factory recall for the front suspension link rods. Please speak to your service centre. I got mine changed under this.
Thank you sir. I suspect it's mostly the link rods. Thank you for the information. I will go to the showroom this week and get them replaced. Mine is a 2020 Oct manufactured vehicle, not sure if they will over under warranty.
Old 3rd April 2024, 17:52   #1152
Senior - BHPian

All, wanted to share an update on the above. I booked an appointment with VVC Motors Nizampet, Hyd today and was there at 9:30 AM sharp. Had to wait for 15 mins for the job card to be created and my service advisor had a brief chat with me. He asked me for the problem and after explaining he agreed immediately that it could indeed be the link rod issue. I asked him how much time it would take to repair and he said he will ensure that I get the delivery today itself. The service levels at M&M have been very good for me.

After 10 mins, a technician was assigned and I spoke to him about the issue. He just sat in the driver's seat, I asked him to move the steering to check the sound. He just did it a couple of times and told me that there is no need to test drive, it's the link rod that's messed. He told me that the issue will be resolved quickly. I generally stay at the service center but today, I felt like leaving. My service advisor assured me that he will be on top of this job and call me as soon as it's done. I get back home by 10:30 AM. 1 PM, I get a notification on the 'Withyouhamesha' app that a repair order has been generated for a sum of 1157/-. My advisor gives me a call to approve it, I do it immediately. After 2 hours, at 3 PM, my advisor calls again and tells me that my car is ready. Reached the service center, paid the invoice and tested the steering, no sound. I get my car back home in under 30 mins.

It was a very straight and simple process. Since my car is a 2020 make, they said that it will not be covered under warranty. While M&M may not have posh waiting lounges, they have knowledgeable service advisors who genuinely like to help their customers. I have been to the service center at least 7 to 8 times, for minor repairs and annual services, the experience has been very good all the time. They follow some old school methods but the end result is a as expected. Thumbs up to M&M for their continuous improvement.

Last edited by Raghu M : 3rd April 2024 at 17:53.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks