Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2023, 18:34   #1111
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
Had a call yesterday and got the EMS ECU software update done today which took 20 minutes.
Mine is a Diesel BS 6 W8 O, bought March '21.Attachment 2533887
Thanks Duckdoc!

Did they specify what was the ECU update for? And any difference post update?

I had a call with my SA and he mentioned that it is because the ECU was throwing random error codes without reason and this was to fix that. He said it is for all variants of the car and not specific to Diesel.

Incidentally, 3 weeks ago an ESC alert was shown in the cluster when I started the car (there was nothing that could have caused it) and the car refused to start. Turned off the ignition and tried again - the error did not come and the car drive exactly the same as before.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 19:03   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hi all,

I got a call yesterday from Mahindra saying that there is a “recall for a software update”, which I believe is an ECU update. I asked for details but they did not know anything (obviously) but confirmed there is no parts change. Only a software update.

BHPian Goandiaries also got this call and our cars are from completely different batches. Seems like the commonality is BS6 Diesel.

Does anyone have more details on this? Would be nice to know if you also got a call and your variant and manufacturing month of car.
I didn't get one. I have a BS6 diesel.
Wonder why. Mild FOMO creeping in
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 19:11   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Did they specify what was the ECU update for? And any difference post update?
They had no idea what it was for, though the reason given to you probably was justified in the last paragraph in your post.
Probably someone with a better understanding may enlighten us as the code was ENG-0895.
I was actually in two minds whether to go for the update as the car was running really well, having done a bit over 74000 km in just over 2 and a half years. The only issue I'd had so far was a 'check engine light' for a blown intercooler hose.
Whether this update makes a noticeable difference which can be verified, only time will tell, I guess and remains to be seen.

Last edited by Duckdoc : 21st November 2023 at 19:17.
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 10:18   #1114
BHPian

I received a call on the 20th, went to find out what exactly it is about while updating it yesterday in Anant Cars BG Road. A CRM head from M&M whom I had known for the past couple of years was available there (the reason I went there!) told it is something related to EGR/Turbo/Intercooler settings for all diesels. Incidentally there were some recalls related to intercooler hose earlier last year but mine (W8O Diesel Dec 2020 MFG) didn't have any recall for that issue. Another SA from PPS mentioned that it is related to DPF and Regen warnings. I did take it for a spin in the highway where I felt it is a bit sluggish to drive, but it could be a placebo!

Last edited by Goandiaries : 23rd November 2023 at 10:26. Reason: Remove redundancy.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 18:58   #1115
BHPian

Took mine for the 30K service last month, and they did mention about the ECU update. This was done as part of the service itself.

Now the bad thing; while taking delivery, I found that the front left portion of the bumper has been brushed against something and there were visible scratches and discolorations. The worst thing was that the service guy did not even mention it to the SA, hoping that I wouldn't notice it. Well, the SA acknowledged the same, and they fixed it in their body shop.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231207-18.56.06-1.jpeg

One week later, a minivan brushed the right side of the bumper. Major portion of the bumper and the right DRL was damaged.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231207-18.56.06.jpeg

I had 15 days to renew my insurance, so decided to put in a claim. Got the entire bumper and the DRL replaced as part of the same!

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231206-11.49.38.jpeg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231206-11.49.37.jpeg
SansGT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 22:12   #1116
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My friend is unable to drive his 1-year-old XUV 300. Check engine light and battery symbol are not going even after starting the engine and the tachometer needle is stuck at 8000 RPM. Even at this high RPM engine doesn't sound strained. There is very little output from the engine even if we press the accelerator fully.We cleaned the air filter and checked for any wire cuts but found none.Guys what could be the issue?
I suggested him to not drive the car to the nearest service station which is 15 kms away and get the help of Mahindra RSA.
Old 8th December 2023, 22:57   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2652 View Post
My friend is unable to drive his 1-year-old XUV 300. Check engine light and battery symbol are not going even after starting the engine and the tachometer needle is stuck at 8000 RPM. Even at this high RPM engine doesn't sound strained. There is very little output from the engine even if we press the accelerator fully.We cleaned the air filter and checked for any wire cuts but found none.Guys what could be the issue?
I suggested him to not drive the car to the nearest service station which is 15 kms away and get the help of Mahindra RSA.
Get the vehicle towed to the RSA. Don't try to fix it on your own. It doesn't sound like a dirty air-filter problem at all.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 18:25   #1118

Hi Team,

Has anyone experienced notchy gears with XUV 300, my XUV 300 w8 (0 ) petrol has very nothcy gears and im forced to live with it, i think the car is like this itself.

Problem is slotting into second gear is notchy and when you are fast accelarating shifting to 3rd gear is a bit resistive and i have to slow the car down a bit and the gear gets engaged to 3rd gear

Is this a common problem , has any one experienced this ??
Old 17th December 2023, 07:48   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2652 View Post
My friend is unable to drive his 1-year-old XUV 300. Check engine light and battery ___I suggested he not drive the car to the nearest service station which is 15 km away and get the help of Mahindra RSA.
Finally, the car is back from the Mahindra service centre. We took the help of RSA.What we dreaded most had come to reality.Rats chewed away some wires and some components were not getting proper power supply. Total damage to wallet 3000 since they said damages due to rat aren't covered in insurance.Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20231209_1229592.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20231209_1305032.jpg
Old 17th December 2023, 11:53   #1120
BHPian

Hello guys!

My mom is looking to upgrade from her Ritz VXi (2009 model) to a new vehicle. Her inclination is towards a cSUV type car. Strictly petrol. We are based outta Delhi. Daily use is about 15km with occasional highway runs. Our budget is under 12L on road. We're interested in a no nonsense, least electronics based vehicle. Safety is the only priority along with ample space for 5 ( occasionally) and some performance in the engine.

We intend to keep the vehicle for as long as possible (We also have a very well maintained 31 year old Maruti 800 which is outside Delhi.) We have never sold any vehicle we've owned. Ritz will be the first and it is heartbreaking.

Nexon, Sonet, Astor, Exter are not even considered for various reasons. I am trying to pursue her for an Amaze or even check out the base model Elevate. We might have to stretch by a lakh tho. Inputs are welcome on the Elevate.

We have seen and TD the Brezza VXi ( booked it even but cancelled it due to long wait ) she kinda likes it , although i found the engine to be very anaemic and lethargic tho. It was comfortable to be on the driver seat, almost felt like home and alright on the backseat ( i felt the seat to be very low slung at the back )
If we do end up buying it it'll be a head over heart decision for me, unlike our previous purchases of the Honda and Ritz.

Me and my dad also visited the Mahindra showroom Kirti Nagar to check out the XUV 300 and both of us were impressed with it. Especially the engine. We're looking at the base model.
The problem -
1. It is a Mahindra.
2. We spoke to a taxi driver who had a 2 month old diesel 300 and he advised against it. His words "Lotta noise over 90kmph and low FE". FE is ok, but noise? Not sure if we're ok with that.
3. How will this car age. Especially the engine and other mechanical components. We take care of our cars and never push them to test their limits. Our japs have aged beautifully and we're unsure of the Mahindra. The older scorpios and tatas with black smoke hasn't left a good impression on my father to place bets on an Indian brand. Honestly. People who own a petrol 300, please share your valuable insights on how the car has been to you.

4.Not sure of the ASS behaviour of Mahindra and Tatas. We would mostly refer to our FNG post the 3 complementary services. We're just not interested in spending 5k on something which can be actually fixed by a 10Rs fevi qwik

Please don't take offence, any Mahindra owner. We have owned 3 Suzuki's and a Honda. We're happy with the niggle free and fill it-shut it-forget it approach that they offer along with a solid ASS network and GREAT (silent performing) engines. Open to suggestions on the Venue and other cars that may fit our needs.

Thanks and Regards,
AK.

If this post is not at the right place, please do the needful mods.
CARSFASCINATEME is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 16:11   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARSFASCINATEME View Post
Hello guys!

Me and my dad also visited the Mahindra showroom Kirti Nagar to check out the XUV 300 and both of us were impressed with it. Especially the engine. We're looking at the base model.
The problem -
1. It is a Mahindra.
2. We spoke to a taxi driver who had a 2 month old diesel 300 and he advised against it. His words "Lotta noise over 90kmph and low FE". FE is ok, but noise? Not sure if we're ok with that.
3. How will this car age. Especially the engine and other mechanical components. We take care of our cars and never push them to test their limits. Our japs have aged beautifully and we're unsure of the Mahindra. The older scorpios and tatas with black smoke hasn't left a good impression on my father to place bets on an Indian brand. Honestly. People who own a petrol 300, please share your valuable insights on how the car has been to you.

4.Not sure of the ASS behaviour of Mahindra and Tatas. We would mostly refer to our FNG post the 3 complementary services. We're just not interested in spending 5k on something which can be actually fixed by a 10Rs fevi qwik
1 - Mahindra after-sales experience is usually not the best out there but certainly not bad enough to reject them overall. We have plenty of Mahindras in friends and family and except for a few manageable issues, no major after-sales issues till date. Overall, not fantastic but acceptable.
2 - XUV300 has one of the most refined diesel engines in the segment. 16-17kmple is achievable without much effort. One can even touch 20 kmpl mark if driven carefully. This taxi guy is definitely doing something wrong.
3 - My close friend has a 2019 model with 80k+ km on the odo, and no major issues till date. Mahindra engines are top notch, by any standards in the country. Mechanicals are great too. But be ready to expect minor niggles every now and then, especially electrical issues. Don't expect Maruti/Toyota level of reliability but you won't have to worry about reliability much. XUV300 petrol is a superb vehicle with a great engine, build quality, and ample space. Just don't expect it to be very fuel efficient and you're good.
4 - Mahindra A.S.S is certainly better than Tata's but still nowhere near the industry benchmark. As stated previously, it is acceptable in most cases. Also, I'd suggest you stick with the authorized dealership for regular servicing and retain your warranty for as long as possible.
With the ongoing discounts, you can easily fit a W6 petrol MT in your budget and save a ton of money.
Old 17th December 2023, 20:46   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
1 - Mahindra after-sales experience is usually not the best out there but certainly not bad enough to reject them overall.
Got it.

Quote:
2 - XUV300 has one of the most refined diesel engines in the segment. 16-17kmple is achievable without much effort. One can even touch 20 kmpl mark if driven carefully. This taxi guy is definitely doing something wrong.
Right, even i wasn't sure about that. But the noise part, i think it's got to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Quote:
No major issues till date. But be ready to expect minor niggles every now and then, especially electrical issues. Don't expect Maruti/Toyota level of reliability but you won't have to worry about reliability much.
Exactly what I don't want. I don't want to expect niggles. The other day I read a few tbhp users jokingly talking about "free gifts from Mahindra" ( aka niggles) , i don't share the sense of humour. This is probably a result of owning purely Japanese cars till date. The other day i was reading about notchy gearbox in the xuv300 in two separate posts. Things like those ruin ownership experience.

The W6 offers a sunroof which i don't want. And I don't see a reason to spend the extra money for wheel covers and maybe the audio system? I can install much better systems from outside for much less price.
Old 18th December 2023, 06:50   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
1. It is a Mahindra.
Mahindras of yore might have been different. But this one is a thoroughly modern product. Plus it's originally a Korean product if that makes you feel any better. In my 2 year, 25000km issue ownership, I have had the check engine light only once, and that was when my battery died. yes, my battery died, but it seems a lot of modern cars are being delivered with sub-par batteries and not just by Mahindra.

Quote:
I wouldn't take the word of taxi drivers, given their operating conditions. I have a 2 year old 300 diesel. No noise. In fact, it's the refinement levels that really won me over when I was browsing the car originally. And mind you, my test drive car at the showroom was a 41000km run vehicle. Showroom cars are abused to the maximum, and that 41000km run vehicle had 80% of the refinement levels of my Jazz.

"Lotta noise above 90kmph" absolutely untrue. I have done upwards of 170kmph in my car, and the engine starts to get a little noisy around 150kmph, being a diesel. But at that point wind noise will not let much of engine noise through.

Quote:
Like I mentioned, the test vehicle I was given was a 41000km run car, and it still ran amazing. The Japs have a monopoly in aging beautifully, so I wouldn't put it to those standards. But it should still age decently. I have a colleague with a ~30000km run Petrol 300. Has been happy so far.

Quote:
ASS levels vary WILDLY with city and area. I have had good experiences so far with my services. Service costs are pretty reasonable too.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 11:56   #1124
BHPian

Quote:

Exactly what I don't want. I don't want to expect niggles.

The W6 offers a sunroof which i don't want. And I don't see a reason to spend the extra money for wheel covers and maybe the audio system? I can install much better systems from outside for much less price.
In that case, stick to Maruti/Toyota. I suggested it as per your budget, you're free to choose whichever variant you feel is the most suitable.
Old 18th December 2023, 12:58   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARSFASCINATEME5681444
Hello guys!
My mom is looking to upgrade from her Ritz VXi (2009 model) to a new vehicle. Her inclination is towards a cSUV type car. Strictly petrol. We are based outta Delhi. Daily use is about 15km with occasional highway runs. Our budget is under 12L on road. We're interested in a no nonsense, least electronics based vehicle. Safety is the only priority along with ample space for 5 ( occasionally) and some performance in the engine.
The Maruti Suzuki Brezza seems to be one of the best cars under 12 lakhs which meets most of your parameters, It's no-nonsense, and the LXI and VXI variants have very less electronics, the pre-facelift model was rated 4 stars in the GNCAP and is spacious as well, however, performance is mediocre. Moreover, sales, service, spare parts, and reliability are top-notch and perhaps the best in the market under this budget.

The XUV300 is due a facelift soon, and I am sure the base-model XUV300 facelift will be much better than the current generation and will still fall within your budget. It is an option worth considering. Sales and service experience would depend upon your dealership, albeit Mahindra and Tata haven't been well known for their ASS experience, but things are changing.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks