Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2023, 08:32   #1081
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamYogi View Post
My fellow XUV 3OO owners,

Have any one of you shortened your gear shifter? I felt the OEM shifter to be a bit longer since my first test drive, but I tried to manage with it for a while now after I bought my car. Now that the frequency of my driving has increased I am thinking of shortening it a bit (~2-3 inches). If anyone of you has done this mod to your car pls let me know.

I am thinking of buying a spare shifter assembly from boodmo and modify it myself. Any guides or suggestions are welcome.

Do you guys think that I am overdoing it? Have you not felt the shifter is longer and takes more time and throw while shifting? Do let me know...
The shift is a bit long, but I don't think a shorter stick is going to help.
The length of the gear stick acts as a lever, hence reducing the amount of force you have to apply to change gears. With a shortened stick you might have to exert more force.
Plus, for me it's at the perfect height of the arm-rest. So I can make some shifts while resting my arm there. So I wouldn't want to change it in my setting.
Old 2nd August 2023, 10:18   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
The length of the gear stick acts as a lever, hence reducing the amount of force you have to apply to change gears. With a shortened stick you might have to exert more force.
Plus, for me it's at the perfect height of the arm-rest. So I can make some shifts while resting my arm there. So I wouldn't want to change it in my setting.
Agreed on requiring to apply more force, but reducing the length would reduce the throw which helps in quick shifts. Doesn't it??
Old 2nd August 2023, 16:51   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed on requiring to apply more force, but reducing the length would reduce the throw which helps in quick shifts. Doesn't it??
I don't think the throw will change.
The throw isn't determined by the length of the gear shaft. It's determined by how much the shifter assembly underneath needs to move to push the gearbox into shifting.

Name:  am3uuw00008198.gif
Views: 748
Size:  22.8 KB

This is how a modern day shifter assembly works. The perceived "length" of the shift is determined by how far the cables have to move to change gears.

The shifter visible in the car is the upper half of the lever. It has a fulcrum in the middle, and connections to the cables below.

The cables below will still have to move the same length irrespective of the height of the gear shifter shaft.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 01:00   #1084

Hello,
I got my w8 (o) AMT serviced for 50k kms yesterday. I had been complaining about my gear level getting stuck when i tried to reverse it, had also gotten it replaced under warranty at 40k service for the same issue.
The advisor then informed me about the recall Mahindra had placed for the same. Has anyone else been called upon for it? I find the gear stick very smooth as of now, i will update you after driving for 3-4k kms with it.
Sj_241 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 22:55   #1085
BHPian

Hey everyone, quick update about the car. We got LEDs fitted, I'll mention the exact details later but the end result is impressive.

Lowbeam and highbeam before the upgrade
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20230701_223323.jpg

Lowbeam and highbeam after the upgrade
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20230707_213630.jpg

The past few months hasn't all been sunshine and rainbows however. A few days ago while driving, my dad scraped the side of the car while turning. This resulted in a pretty nasty scratch.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20230809wa0013.jpg

Has the scratch gone through the primer layer and reached the bare metal here? Should I be worried about rusting? Should I get this painted ASAP? How much of a hole could this burn in my pocket? I have decided against replacing the cladding (service center is charging a bomb for it when it costs only 600 on boodmo). Thanks in advance guys. Ownership review is on the cards once I find time for it.
Old 10th August 2023, 01:54   #1086

Hi SJ,

I just gave our W8(O) AMT for its first paid service. It’s clocked just over 30k kms. I’m experiencing the exact same issue- the gear lever gets stuck in reverse. It’s a recurring problem that happens almost everyday. Once, the gear even malfunctioned while I was using it in the manual mode. The screen flashed “gear malfunction” message. I slowly stopped on the side of the road to restart the car and thankfully it was back to normal.

It’s been 3 days since it’s been at the Mahindra NBS, Sewri workshop. I’m yet to hear back from them about what is the diagnosis. I’ll write here once the workshop gets back to me with something. Workshops too seem extremely overwhelmed by a huge number of Mahindra cars coming in for service and maintenance.

I’ve also been experiencing a huge drop in the pickup of the car. Especially when it’s fully loaded with four passengers and luggage. There is a very evident difference while overtaking on the highways. The pickup used to be much better earlier.

Another issue is with the suspension. Lately the drive has been feeling very rough. I can feel the bumps inside the car more prominently. Even my wife noticed the ride quality has become evidently less comfortable even in the passenger seat. The service advisor is refusing to accept that this is a problem. Has anyone else here has faced a badly ageing suspension, faulty gear lever and lower pickup too?

We bought this car because we were pleasantly surprised by its comfort and power. But in just 2 years these very basic mechanical advantages of this car are starting to fade. Any suggestions on how to maintain these basic qualities of the XUV300?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sj_241 View Post
Hello,
I got my w8 (o) AMT serviced for 50k kms yesterday. I had been complaining about my gear level getting stuck when i tried to reverse it, had also gotten it replaced under warranty at 40k service for the same issue.
The advisor then informed me about the recall Mahindra had placed for the same. Has anyone else been called upon for it? I find the gear stick very smooth as of now, i will update you after driving for 3-4k kms with it.
Old 10th August 2023, 11:49   #1087
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I am planning to replace my windshield wiper blades (ofcourse by DIY), just checking with you guys, if anyone has done it before? I had changed it once in the last winter from my ASC, but it lasted just about a year. Have anyone of you used Hella Curvo? How is it? Does it fit XUV 3OO? Please suggest any other brand which would be better and can be replaced by myself.

Another thing, my car's left A-pillar cover is just started to come-off from the top (noticed it during the wash) Not sure if the pressure from the water jet caused it or it happened due to natural wear. Request you to please suggest a glue (Goop?) or double sided tape (3M?) which would do the job of holding it in place.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th August 2023, 16:40   #1088
Distinguished - BHPian

New Mahindra XUV300 W2 launched at Rs 7.99 lakh.

In addition to the W2, the company has also launched a base variant for the XUV300 TurboSport, the W4.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20230810042907_xuv300_front.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot-20230810-164141.png

Quote:
All W4 variants get a sunroof
W4 variant extends to the Turbosport model
New, entry-level W2 variant introduced
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th August 2023 at 16:42.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 18:13   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

W2 and W4 turbo sport model is value for money considering the price of other competitors these days.
Old 16th August 2023, 19:35   #1090

Hi folks, looking to upgrade my 16 inch alloy wheels on my new xuv 300. Need 17 inch wheels with 112 pcd and 5/10 holes. Apparently, Neo or Plati do not manufacture with this configuration. Can anyone please suggest where can I get such wheels in Mumbai or Thane by other manufacturers?
Thanks in advance.

~Biswaranjan
Old 20th August 2023, 10:20   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

I am planning to replace my windshield wiper blades (ofcourse by DIY), just checking with you guys, if anyone has done it before? I had changed it once in the last winter from my ASC, but it lasted just about a year. Have anyone of you used Hella Curvo? How is it? Does it fit XUV 3OO? Please suggest any other brand which would be better and can be replaced by myself.

Another thing, my car's left A-pillar cover is just started to come-off from the top (noticed it during the wash) Not sure if the pressure from the water jet caused it or it happened due to natural wear. Request you to please suggest a glue (Goop?) or double sided tape (3M?) which would do the job of holding it in place.

Thanks in advance.
Frankly speaking - given the heat and dust conditions in our country - 1-1.5 yrs is the max most wipers will last. This is irrespective if whether you purchase it from Mahindra Show room or any other shop or brand. I just purchased a new pair for approx Rs 400/- (fixed it myself, takes 2 mins) from an automobile shop.

I had once posted on the Wiper Blades thread and some people had a hearty laugh - that post monsoon - i just remove the wipers, wrap them up in a bag and put it in the boot. Put them back on when i see its likely to rain. I have the required tools for it. Its a small hassle but am okay with it.

This way the wipers last 2-3 yrs.
Old 23rd August 2023, 10:01   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
i just remove the wipers, wrap them up in a bag and put it in the boot. Put them back on when i see its likely to rain. I have the required tools for it. Its a small hassle but am okay with it.

This way the wipers last 2-3 yrs.
Would you replace them with old ones or leave it as it is without the blades?
Old 23rd August 2023, 10:04   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Would you replace them with old ones or leave it as it is without the blades?
I remove the whole wiper stalk (With a spanner).
Old 5th September 2023, 11:25   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sj_241 View Post
Hello,
My father-in-law also received a recall notice from Mahindra. He had his car serviced yesterday, and they replaced a part related to the gear lever as part of the service for reaching 30,000 kilometers. After the service, my father-in-law mentioned that the gear lever now operates much more smoothly than before. I've included the bill for your reference.

I haven't had a chance to drive the car yet, but I'll provide an update after I've had the opportunity to do so.
Attached Images

Old 6th September 2023, 12:24   #1095
BHPian

Fellow XUV owners,

I have a unique issue that I need guidance on.

The car has done 44K Kms and came shod with MRF 215/55 R17 on all 5 wheels. The spare is a Steel Rim and has never been used.
The predicament I have is should I change only the 4 tyres or also change the spare. As said, it has never been used. Reason for my concern is it is 3519, i.e., Late August 2019 manufactured.
All other tyres are 39/40/41 2019. So the spare, although never used, is already 3 years and 10 months old. User manual mandates a tyre to be changed every 6 years regardless of the usage.

Any and all advise is welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4050.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4049.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4045.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4044.jpeg  

Last edited by DevilzzzzOwn : 6th September 2023 at 12:53. Reason: Corrected typo. Thanks.
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks