Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2023, 07:04   #1036
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepCarLover View Post
Hey Ashish, where did you get the horns fitted? Was it Car Cupid or some other store? I am also looking for replacing the stock horns with trumpet ones.

I stay in Hinjewadi and had enquired about the horns replacement with one of the GoMechanic garages. They said it would cost ₹1400 with fitting. So I didn’t get it done yet.
Yes, it was car cupid. It costed 1090/- installation included.

They also had trumpets made by Uno Minda, but the cone on those is physically too large to fit within the grille slot. I think those were slightly cheaper.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:58   #1037

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Yes, it was car cupid. It costed 1090/- installation included.
Thanks. I hope it’s plug-n-play.

I remember last time when I visited Car Cupid for floor mats I also enquired about the trumpet horn, but their installation guy said he would have to splice the wires since the stock horns have a different connector.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:07   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ashish, where did you get the horns fitted? Was it Car Cupid or some other store? I am also looking for replacing the stock horns with trumpet ones.

I stay in Hinjewadi and had enquired about the horns replacement with one of the GoMechanic garages. They said it would cost ₹1400 with fitting. So I didn’t get it done yet.
You can check my detailed DIY guide on this. I'd advise to do this by self as it'll ensure a much cleaner OEM-level installation retaining full warranty.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...e-trumpet.html (DIY: Upgrading Mahindra XUV300 horn to Hella Chrome Trumpet)
Old 27th March 2023, 17:24   #1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hey Naveen!

I stay near Hoodi (about 10mins from Phoenix) and would love to catch up. Please feel free to DM me.

I service my car at Sireesh Auto Marathahalli and the experience has been better. To be honest, India Garage is the worst you can go to so no wonder your experience was poor.

Excellent. I wanted to meet someone and test out the setup before plunging myself into it. Would love to see your setup.

Sure Buddy! Can you DM me ? Somehow I am unable to DM you
Old 27th March 2023, 17:41   #1040
BHPian

Quote:

I remember last time when I visited Car Cupid for floor mats I also enquired about the trumpet horn, but their installation guy said he would have to splice the wires since the stock horns have a different connector.
That is indeed the case.
Mahindra, in their infinite wisdom, have proprietary connectors attached to their horns. And the thing is literally hard fitted to the horn body itself.

So yeah, you can ask them to do a cleaner solution like Krishnakumar has done.

I myself didn't bother, and let them go ahead with it as is.
Old 27th March 2023, 18:44   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Outside installers will not give you a plug-n-play fit because it is a lot of work and each manufacturer would use their own proprietary fitting, so the installers have no incentive in stocking these connectors.

This is the main reason why I did a whole DIY (and also because I love DIY stuff!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Mahindra, in their infinite wisdom, have proprietary connectors attached to their horns. And the thing is literally hard fitted to the horn body itself.
Agreed. But it is not just Mahindra specific. Tata also uses a similar setup and I'm sure most manufacturers will do so to avoid "outside" installments.

90% of the time spent on this work was to create those connectors so that it becomes plug and play. I'm not exaggerating, if anything I'm underestimating the effort. But personally for me, it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvadakan View Post
Sure Buddy! Can you DM me ? Somehow I am unable to DM you
I believe that is because DM rights are enabled only after 25 posts. Even I'm unable to DM you internally and only the option to email you is coming. But since you have disabled receiving messages via email it is not letting me send you via that option as well. Let me know how I can contact you

Last edited by krishnakumar : 27th March 2023 at 18:46.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 07:01   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed. But it is not just Mahindra specific. Tata also uses a similar setup and I'm sure most manufacturers will do so to avoid "outside" installments.

90% of the time spent on this work was to create those connectors so that it becomes plug and play. I'm not exaggerating, if anything I'm underestimating the effort. But personally for me, it was worth it.
Oh agreed. Manufacturers revel in making proprietary connectors out of stuff.

I had a similar situation in my Jazz. I was swapping out the head unit, and the audio cables got sorted easily.

But the rear view camera was connected to the head unit via a separate proprietary connector. I ended up installing a new rear camera and wire it to the new head unit purely because of that.
Old 31st March 2023, 12:09   #1043

Quote:
I believe that is because DM rights are enabled only after 25 posts. Even I'm unable to DM you internally and only the option to email you is coming. But since you have disabled receiving messages via email it is not letting me send you via that option as well. Let me know how I can contact you
I have enabled this Can you try now?
Old 3rd April 2023, 20:28   #1044
BHPian

I am also looking to upgrade the lights and thinking of going in for:

1. Low Beam: Osram H7 50W (from Planet Car Care)
2. High Beam: Osram H1 50W (from Planet Car Care) or DHC F55

But am yet to find any good LED that could replace the Fog lamps. Will be good if someone could add to on how to go about this.

I am also attaching the XUV 300 Bulb specs for everyone's reference, just in case.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-bulb-specs.jpg  

JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 19:32   #1045
BHPian

Has anyone done hard wiring on the newer models?

I own a 2022 XUV300 and have the 70MAI DUAL dashcam (with the hardwiring kit). As per other hardwiring posts in the forum, the 2019 model fuses have a Hazard/Horn and an ACC fuse. But the fuse labels on the new models are labelled differently (see image below).

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-xuv3002022fuse.png

Any idea what is the equivalent of the always on Hazard/Horn and the ACC fuse on this new model? Or do I have to take it to a Car accessory shop? I would prefer a DIY but at the same time don't want to screw it up due to missing info.
Old 24th April 2023, 08:27   #1046
BHPian

Random appreciation post alert:

It's been 2 years since I have had my 3OO now, and every day this car makes me appreciate it more.

I thoroughly love that hard pull in 3rd/4th gears. Never a dull moment when you cross 1500RPM.

I am thankful that the brakes are sharp enough to trigger the seatbelt lock half the time when I hit them hard. The 4 disc setup works perfectly to make this 1400kg tank stop on a dime.

I am in awe of how well it handles despite being the aforementioned 1400kg tank. I can weave through traffic, take ghat corners, and out-maneuver sedans on expressways. The wide tyres, the overall chassis setup is amazing.

And not to mention just how frugal it can be with a light foot on the pedal! I've seen 25-26kmpl on expressways. It's practically encroaching bike territory at this point!

And on top of all this, the parts are so freakin cheap! 150 bucks for an oil filter? 300 bucks for an air filter? I've had bikes with more expensive parts than this. Maintenance is so much cheaper than what I had been made to believe.

All in all, it's been a fun ~20000kms, and looking forward to more and more.
ashishk29 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 17:02   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitmonty View Post
Has anyone done hard wiring on the newer models?

Any idea what is the equivalent of the always on Hazard/Horn and the ACC fuse on this new model? Or do I have to take it to a Car accessory shop? I would prefer a DIY but at the same time don't want to screw it up due to missing info.
Hi asitmonty,

I did the entire installation and hardwiring for my dashcam as a DIY. There are many spare fuses in the fuse box and to my surprise all of them had a voltage across them when I tested them.

I used a multimeter to identify two fuses, one for when the ACC is on and another when the car is completely off. I'd suggest doing the same and use the SPARE fuses so that there is literally no chance of impacting any other output.

As a reference guide, use the below YouTube video. Almost ALL of the other tutorials do not go into the detail about polarity and stuff. If you're planning a DIY (which I strongly recommend), you can refer the below video and follow the process that he follows to the tee. My installation turned out to be extremely good thanks to this video.

For a DIY, you'll definitely need a multimeter. You can borrow one from your electrician if you don't want to buy one, but they come pretty cheap.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 24th April 2023 at 17:04.
krishnakumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 15:58   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Upgrade - Replaced both my headlights. Low beam with a Aozoom HID setup (4300k) and high beam with DHC Pro LED (4300k)

I'll be happy to catch up with folks staying in/around Whitefield, Bangalore for a cup of hot chai/kaapi
I am also planning to replace projector halogens with an HID suggested by Behemoth (link:https://www.uglare.com/product/55w-a...nversion-kits/). Spoke to one of the local guys on outer ring road and he said the expense to install HID will be around 4-5K as bumper needs to be taken off and that it will take 3-4 hrs.

Since you have installed HIDs, wanted to ask you of a good place to get these installed from and the time/expenses it will take. Will be happy to catch-up to look at your set-up
Old 2nd May 2023, 12:38   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys!

I am now planning to give my car at Anant Cars, Marathahalli for all future service/ quick work. Kindly let me know in case any of you guys have given it there. I am not sure which Mahindra SVC would be the best option for me since I stay in Whitefield.
The service centre in Singasandra is also very good.
Mahindra Sireesh Auto Singasandra Service
096324 66566
https://maps.app.goo.gl/zfiCNtN4WyhG19pT8
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:26   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I am also planning to replace projector halogens with an HID suggested by Behemoth. Spoke to one of the local guys on outer ring road and he said the expense to install HID will be around 4-5K as bumper needs to be taken off and that it will take 3-4 hrs.
Incorrect. Swapping the projector halogens with HID does not require the bumper to be removed. You can very well verify this by opening up the bonnet and locating the projector bulb location.

An HID swap for the projectors essentially have only 2 areas of fitment concerns:

1. Ensuring a waterproof, dustproof opening on the headlight dust caps for the wires to enter the projector enclosure. These wires connect the HID bulb to the ballast

2. A secured location for the HID ballast and a proper fitting

Neither of these steps require opening a bumper. But I agree that a high quality workmanship will require 3-4 hrs at least.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks