Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2022, 13:09   #961
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

So guys I have finalized/booked XUV 300 W6 Petrol AT. Will be taking delivery this week itself. Need some pointers from your side regarding which accessories to get from dealer and which ones from Karol Bagh, Delhi:

a. I am thinking of getting mud flaps, rear bumper and rain visors from dealer
b. And the following from Karol Bagh

W8 Headlight
Folding ORVM
Android
Tail gate LED
Arm rest
Seat covers
W8 DRL
Fog lamp
Steering control
Flooring
Parcel Tray
Back bumper reflector
Door panel with soft pad
Door visor
Reverse camera
Steering cover
Door guard
White lights in sunglass holder
Door reflector
Door damping
front skid guard
scuff plates

Please let me know if i should add/delete anything to/from this. And also if most of this work can be done in Bangalore as well? Prompt response will be appreciated

Last edited by JKBKS : 13th December 2022 at 13:27.
JKBKS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 12:26   #962

I would recommend waiting on any electrical updates till first 1000km checkup. Give it a thought on upgrading speakers if you like good quality music. If possible, avoid rain visors as the A pillar blindspot clubbed with visors further downgrades visibility till you get used to the new dimensions of the new car. Congratulations and enjoy driving your new vehicle.
AlwaysCurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 00:37   #963

Hello senior bhpians. Im looking for a compact Suv for my dad for city duties with a budget of 12 lakh rupees. He will always be on the passenger seat and hence the only one priority is decent ride quality and a frugal diesel engine because of 50-60kms of commute daily. We had a TD of the korean brothers but were not satisfied with the ride quality and the nexon is out of consideration because of the tata horror stories. We have made our mind for W6 D Xuv 300 but the only thing bothering me is the dpf issues since it will be run in city only and would be driven by the driver all the time! Should i go ahead with the purchase and what mileage should I expect in the city with zero spirited driving? Thank you guys
Old 30th December 2022, 11:31   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
So guys I have finalized/booked XUV 300 W6 Petrol AT. Will be taking delivery this week itself. Need some pointers from your side regarding which accessories to get from dealer and which ones from Karol Bagh, Delhi:

a. I am thinking of getting mud flaps, rear bumper and rain visors from dealer
b. And the following from Karol Bagh

W8 Headlight
Folding ORVM
Android
Tail gate LED
Arm rest
Seat covers
W8 DRL
Fog lamp
Steering control
Flooring
Parcel Tray
Back bumper reflector
Door panel with soft pad
Door visor
Reverse camera
Steering cover
Door guard
White lights in sunglass holder
Door reflector
Door damping
front skid guard
scuff plates

Please let me know if i should add/delete anything to/from this. And also if most of this work can be done in Bangalore as well? Prompt response will be appreciated
I feel like this all combined might cost pretty close to what a W8 would cost you anyway. Have you prepared an estimate and cost comparison?
Old 31st December 2022, 22:10   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I feel like this all combined might cost pretty close to what a W8 would cost you anyway. Have you prepared an estimate and cost comparison?
W8 is ~13 lacs ex-showroom and W6 is 10.5. I negotiated a discount of 70k on W6 due to a Mahindra scheme (51k discount) this month.

The Karol Bagh estimate for all the accessories was ~90K with Mahindra genuine accessories accounting for ~45k (I didn't go for W8 ORVMs). Paid 80k in total. So in effect I paid 10k for the accessories after factoring in the dealer discount.

Last edited by JKBKS : 31st December 2022 at 22:14.
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 17:42   #966
BHPian

Last service the service guys rotated the tyres during alignment/balancing and did not re-learn the TPMS. Does anyone know if there's a way to force TPMS relearn at home or can only the service guys trigger it using the OBD device?

I posted this on another ownership thread by mistake so re-posting here for better chance of response.
Old 10th January 2023, 17:52   #967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Last service the service guys rotated the tyres during alignment/balancing and did not re-learn the TPMS. Does anyone know if there's a way to force TPMS relearn at home or can only the service guys trigger it using the OBD device?

I posted this on another ownership thread by mistake so re-posting here for better chance of response.
Have you tried the process mentioned in the Owner`s manual for TPMS learning?
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 21:33   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Have you tried the process mentioned in the Owner`s manual for TPMS learning?
Thanks, having said RTFM so many times its a facepalm moment not taking the same advice myself! It's all there.
jagzrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 07:32   #969

I wanted to post a happier review of my new XUV300 TDGI but here I am after 20 days wondering if I made the right choice.

This week, after an hour of driving in bumper to bumper traffic on Outer Ring Road in Bangalore, there was smoke and a burning smell from the front side of my vehicle. I dismissed it as something from a burning tire nearby. The next day morning, the smell was still there. I googled a bit and reluctantly took it to the the nearest India Garage showroom. My worst fear became true, the service advisor confirmed that it appears to be a clutch burn (He advised the replacement would cost 18k). Really? 20 days, 900 Km. What was worse was the advice from the service advisor, do not drive on half clutch. I have no idea on how to move the vehicle in Bangalore in that case. I am not saying I am a perfect driver, but I drove a Polo for almost 10 years and never ever had issues with the clutch before.

I will be taking the vehicle to Anant Cars service next week for further checks. I see some posts on google around this but wonder if anyone here has seen this problem and on what can be done here.
desertroad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 10:10   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertroad View Post
the service advisor confirmed that it appears to be a clutch burn (He advised the replacement would cost 18k). Really? 20 days, 900 Km. What was worse was the advice from the service advisor, do not drive on half clutch.
I will be taking the vehicle to Anant Cars service next week for further checks. I see some posts on google around this but wonder if anyone here has seen this problem and on what can be done here.
The best advice I can give you to deal with rogue M&M SA is to escalate on twitter tagging withyouhamesha and Anand Mahindra. Works like a charm!

This should be replaced free of cost with additional warranties
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 22:46   #971

Quote:

I will be taking the vehicle to Anant Cars service next week for further checks.
Update - I did take the vehicle to Anant Cars and they repeated that the burn smell was due to driving on half clutch with probably the break as well in between. While this may have happened during one stretch that day, I cannot believe that it could happen so soon. Apart from the smell, I have no other issues with gear change or clutch response.

Anyways, they said they would take a look during the service and they came back saying that there were no mechanical/electrical problems. And interestingly after the service, the smell has gone away. Not sure what hack they did for this but I am not entirely convinced that this is permanent. I guess I will have to wait and watch on how this plays out now.
desertroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 08:51   #972
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I will have to wait and watch on how this plays out now.
Happy that the problem no more persists. Well, I can also add an incident that happened to me. I too did experience some burning smell when the vehicle was fresh. And I could easily understand it was a clutch burn. I took it to a service and they confirmed the same. And they checked the internals and said all is good as of now and gave me some driving tips.

A) Drive with a light right foot. [Good FE + Peace of mind]
B) Don't keep the clutch engaged when in traffic. I always put it in neutral and keep my left foot on the floor. If your using an automatic don't leave it in drive rather put it in neutral.
C) Somehow due to my tamed driving manners I have learned to keep my left foot off the clutch pedal when I drive, more than traditional drivers whose clutch also works as a resting place for the foot.

Following these, never have I ever experienced a clutch burn since then.

Just wanted to share these, if this may help you.

Have a good day and congrats for the new ride.
PetroHeado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 10:11   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroHeado View Post
Following these, never have I ever experienced a clutch burn since then.
Relieved to know that it did not reoccur. Thank you for the tips, was told the same by the Quality check guy at Anant. Will have to unlearn this habit (half clutch/brake) that crept in.
desertroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 13:33   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Relieved to know that it did not reoccur. Thank you for the tips, was told the same by the Quality check guy at Anant. Will have to unlearn this habit (half clutch/brake) that crept in.
Your welcome mate! We are all part of a community, here to help each other.

Also, I would like you to visit

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ar-brakes.html (The best way to use the clutch, gear and brakes)

And a lot more threads that you can just search and find, to help you make your everyday drive all the more enjoyable.

Happy driving!
PetroHeado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 15:20   #975

My XUV300 buying experience

Before I share my experience here, first a big shout-out to this forum, it's creators and members. For without them, it would be difficult making choices and gathering information related to these mean machines. A big thank you to all the contributors.

So, the search for a new car started as offices have started opening gradually and day to day commute was getting difficult with increased unpredictability of cab aggregators (read multiple cancellations, longer waiting time etc.) Thus, the decision to buy our own car.

Our search criteria:

1. A sub-4 m SUV (since we already have hatchbacks and sedans in the family and have driven them enough).
2. Budget of max 15 Lakhs.
3. Automatic, since majority of our driving is going to be in the city, and Pune being one city where we can sometime find speed breakers at an interval of every 100 meters. (Not kidding here. It's true for many parts of the city, though not everywhere.)
4. Petrol car (since we don’t yet know how much we are going to run as its our first car in the city). It would be used mostly for office commute and occasional out station trips.

The cars under consideration were Maruti Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Kia Sonet and Mahindra XUV300. I will share my opinion about each one of them based solely on my test drive(s).

Brezza AT:
  • No of test drives taken: 4
i. Very refined and reliable 1.5L NA Petrol engine
ii. Good mileage, all thanks to the smart hybrid system
iii. Feature rich car (ZXi & ZXi+ variants)
iv. Comfortable seats & Good cabin space
  • Didn’t like much:
i. I felt it struggled in the mid-range. The power delivery was not immediate due to NA engine.
ii. Suspension not smooth enough in the bumpy roads.
iii. Long waiting period up to 5-6 months for AT transmission (Though the sales executive said it could be delivered in 3-4 months, still too much for me). Hence this was a deal breaker.
Venue DCT:
  • No of test drives taken: 3
ii. Quick power delivery
iii. Ample features with most options (all possible combinations of iMT, DCT, Petrol, Diesel)
iv. Smooth gear shifts due to DCT
  • Didn’t like much:
i. Seats were not comfortable enough for me.
ii. Cabin is not very spacious compared to the competitors.
iii. Not enough room in the rear seat for 3 people.
iv. Poor ride quality as the suspension didn’t absorb the undulations on the road well. This was the deal breaker here.
I didn’t test drive Sonet considering it similar to Venue based on multiple reviews & discussions on different forum.
Nexon:
  • No of test drives taken: 0
My cousin owns this car, and I don’t really like the stance of the car. I feel it looks more like a raised hatch back. Also, headroom in the rear seat appears to be less. The AMT transmission and engine refinement is not up to the mark. The showroom visit experience was poor as the sales people appeared least interested in attending to the customers. Upon arrival, we were asked to wait for 30 mins till a sales advisor could see us. We could see many sales people roaming around here and there and just chatting with each other but no one came to attend to a waiting customer. Probably a typical show of Tata’s sales team. We ultimately walked out of the showroom expecting a call back since we had filled the enquiry form but that never happened. However, I have heard from a lot of people that it is the most value for money car in this segment.
XUV300 AMT:
  • No of test drives taken: 5
i. 1.2 L Turbo engine with best in segment torque
ii. Best in segment wheelbase which leads to comfortable seating space in second row
iii. Best in segment safety
iv. Most comfortable ride quality with sufficient features
v. Proper SUV like stance.
  • Didn’t like much:
i. Lowest in segment boot space. Manageable for me.
ii. AMT features in 2nd base and top trim only. Its not available in 2nd top trim.
iii. Limited color options to choose from (just 3 in AMT)
iv. Excessive omission of features despite the price rise in lower variants.
After all the test drives, we were tied between Brezza and XUV300. However, the ride quality, performance and safety trumped over mileage and reliability, and we zeroed down on XUV300. I know AMT is a compromise here since the lower gear shifts are not very smooth and it appears confused sometimes. I hope we can get used to it with time. Cutting down of features in W6 (2nd base) variant was a huge disappointment. Some important features such as adjustable head rest for rear passengers, rear spoiler, 60:40 split rear seats and touchscreen infotainment system have been removed. Absence of height adjustable driver’s seat is a major miss. So, we had no choice but to opt for W8 (O) variant which is on the higher side of the price spectrum. And even this variant hasn’t been spared the feature omissions: 3-point seat belt for 2nd row middle passenger, request sensor on passenger side front door, ajar lamp on door etc. have been removed. Don’t really know what Mahindra was thinking while removing them. But I fell for its ride quality and comfort. No other car comes close to it in the segment.

So, from this car hunting experience what I have learnt is that no car is perfect. None. We just need to find the right compromise based on what we are looking for. XUV300 ticket majority of our checkboxes and we booked the W8(O) Petrol AMT on 10 January, 2023 and awaiting the delivery. The sales team said the official waiting period in Pune is 7 weeks, but they would try to deliver it as soon as they can. I hope my experience would help someone the way someone else’s helped me. Delivery and drive experience to follow.
deepCarLover is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks