Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2022, 12:01   #871
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Hello,

I just returned from a 4 day trip from Baroda -(Halol-Godhra-Modasa) - Udaipur - Kumbhalgarh - Udaipur - Baroda. Was a wonderful trip in the lush green Aravalli's (because of the ongoing monsoon). Total 1000 Kms.

The Modasa - Shamlaji - Udaipur stretch(about 160 Kms) is the best road I've ever driven on. 6 Lanes, no traffic, scenic and serpentine road. Was on Cruise Control (CC) throughout except for a couple of Kms on interchanges.

Faced one problem with the cruise control. After a small break - when we resumed our journey - the CC just won't turn on. I would stop the car - turn of the ignition and restart the car and then it would work. Din't face any issues while the car was running on CC but sometimes after after taking a small break and resuming the journey it just wouldn't work.

Ofcourse I'll get it checked from the service station but its not an easy problem to reproduce. Anyone else faced this?
Old 2nd August 2022, 14:07   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Here's the video update that I promised. Hope it is of some use.
Thanks for the video Can you pls let us know where did you get your HIDs installed in Bangalore?

Why don't you use the auto mode anymore? Any specific reason?
Old 3rd August 2022, 12:02   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamYogi View Post
Thanks for the video Can you pls let us know where did you get your HIDs installed in Bangalore?

Why don't you use the auto mode anymore? Any specific reason?
I did this while on a trip to Kerala, in Trivandrum. Did not do it in Bangalore. The reason for not using auto mode is the low beam usually activates in the auto mode. And this is where I installed the HIDs. For instance, when I am going under the metro station in Bangalore roads, the auto lamps would turn on. But with HIDs, it is not really effective for that few seconds of entering and exiting a dark patch. So yes, it is a disadvantage, but no issues for me. Auto headlamps and auto wipers, are somethings that I can live without.
Old 3rd August 2022, 13:40   #874
BHPian

My TPMS is miscalibrated. Anywhere I go, it shows 35 in their TPMS and in mine it would be 33. Has anyone faced this issue? If yes, can this be recalibrated to the actual numbers on the tyre?

I use Nitrogen, does that have anything to do with the miscalibration? Because of that, I am always confused whether the air is there or not.
Old 4th August 2022, 17:10   #875

this typically happens because you might have turned off the engine during your break. Do not that your CC turns off when the engine turns off even in the auto stop start mode.

Once the engine turns off, you need to set the CC and continue using the Resume button to continue with the CC.

Hope this helps
Old 5th August 2022, 10:45   #876

Hi TBHPians,

I am in the market for a new car. I test drove XUV 300 manual and liked it a lot (how the car behaves once turbo kicks in and that beautiful torque) But since 90% of my driving will be in city (mostly bumper to bumper traffic), I am not sure if XUV 300 will be a good option or not (with the long clutch release and jerky 2nd gear). Would like to know what fellow BHPians think.

Other cars I am considering:
S-Cross (it is discontinued but getting a good 60-70k discount )
Brezza
Nexon (though not a great fan of the rear)
Honda City 5th Gen V (wild card entry)
Old 5th August 2022, 11:42   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alto4lyf View Post
Hi TBHPians,

I am in the market for a new car. I test drove XUV 300 manual and liked it a lot (how the car behaves once turbo kicks in and that beautiful torque) But since 90% of my driving will be in city (mostly bumper to bumper traffic), I am not sure if XUV 300 will be a good option or not (with the long clutch release and jerky 2nd gear). Would like to know what fellow BHPians think.

Other cars I am considering:
S-Cross (it is discontinued but getting a good 60-70k discount )
Brezza
Nexon (though not a great fan of the rear)
Honda City 5th Gen V (wild card entry)
I can talk about my XUV and 70% of it is driven in peak Mumbai traffic. I have never felt any issue with driving in traffic. Infact, it is quite agile and responsive, as long as you are in the right gear. I cannot relate to jerky second gear as I never faced it. The only thing is the need to slot into the first if the speed falls too low, else it has a tendency to stall. You get used to it, and for me, it is a breeze to drive in traffic.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 15:44   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvadakan View Post
this typically happens because you might have turned off the engine during your break. Do not that your CC turns off when the engine turns off even in the auto stop start mode.

Once the engine turns off, you need to set the CC and continue using the Resume button to continue with the CC.

Hope this helps
Naveen,

Sorry but this is not the case. Let me repeat..

I am driving normally on the highway and the CC is working. Then i take a break. Shut off the engine.

Then i resume the journey and try to put the car in CC by holding the "SET" button in the "+" position. But the CC just wouldn't turn on.

I would try this a few times - but to no avail.

Then i would again pull over - switch off the engine and start again. After reaching the desired speed - i would try and turn on the CC and it would work.
Old 6th August 2022, 10:06   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.beauty View Post
My TPMS is miscalibrated. Anywhere I go, it shows 35 in their TPMS and in mine it would be 33. Has anyone faced this issue? If yes, can this be recalibrated to the actual numbers on the tyre?

I use Nitrogen, does that have anything to do with the miscalibration? Because of that, I am always confused whether the air is there or not.
You should expect the TPMS to be off by a few points. I don't think you can measure it that accurately and yes, it has to do with calibration.

With different tyre temperatures the readings would vary quite a bit. The recommended pressure is for cold tyres, you can check the info plate on the driver side B-pillar.

I'd recommend switching to normal air, just because it is more widely accessible and the wheels and tyres are anyway built to run on normal air. It also allows you to buy a tyre inflator and fill it at home where you can get a true cold tyre pressure reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Then i resume the journey and try to put the car in CC by holding the "SET" button in the "+" position. But the CC just wouldn't turn on.

I would try this a few times - but to no avail.

Then i would again pull over - switch off the engine and start again. After reaching the desired speed - i would try and turn on the CC and it would work.
Quick question, do we need to "hold" the SET button in the + position? I just toggle it and it would work. I'm not saying this is related to your problem, but was just curious.

Coming to your problem, it seems to be something wrong with the CC that the service center should be able to fix. Have you tried recreating the problem? Does it always happen when you take a short break? What about long-ish breaks?

Last edited by krishnakumar : 6th August 2022 at 10:09.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 12:51   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Quick question, do we need to "hold" the SET button in the + position? I just toggle it and it would work. I'm not saying this is related to your problem, but was just curious.
I think you need to hold it for 1-2 seconds.

Quote:
Coming to your problem, it seems to be something wrong with the CC that the service center should be able to fix. Have you tried recreating the problem? Does it always happen when you take a short break? What about long-ish breaks?
That is what bothers me - it doesn't happen all the time. It happened thrice in a span of 5 days. Now my car has clocked about 6100 Kms in all and the next service is due only at 10,000 Kms which is another 2-3 months away at the most.

I will be making a couple of short weekend trips in the coming weeks and will try and reproduce the problem. The thing is - I have to be able to reproduce this in front of those guys when I go for the service. Let's see. Will keep people here posted.

Thank you

Last edited by Aditya : 6th August 2022 at 21:23. Reason: Typos
Old 6th August 2022, 23:14   #881
BHPian

Quote:
The thing is - I have to be able to reproduce this in front of those guys when I go for the service. Let's see. Will keep people here posted.

Thank you
Oh boy.. good luck with that.

Been there, done that. Not for the same issue though. I had a bluetooth problem with my ICE. Extremely difficult to reproduce and it was almost as my car knows when I’m at the service station.

But you could try taking a video of all possibilities, showing all details and should at least help in recognising the issue even if a solution isn’t known.

My Bluetooth problem is resolved now with an ICE upgrade that came recently so I’m hoping your issue will also get resolved!
Old 7th August 2022, 11:36   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Oh boy.. good luck with that.

But you could try taking a video of all possibilities, showing all details and should at least help in recognising the issue even if a solution isn’t known.
Good idea, Thx for that.
Old 11th August 2022, 16:26   #883
BHPian

Quote:
The Cruise Control is not just based on minimum speed but also a minimum rpm. Both of the requirements need to be fulfilled. You may have reached the desired speed but not the minimum required rpm to engage CC. The high torque of XUV300 unfortunately creates this issue because the car does good speeds at lowly rpms. I'm not sure if the minimum rpm required is 1200 or 1500 but you can get that from the user manual.
jagzrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 09:24   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
The Cruise Control is not just based on minimum speed but also a minimum rpm. Both of the requirements need to be fulfilled. You may have reached the desired speed but not the minimum required rpm to engage CC. The high torque of XUV300 unfortunately creates this issue because the car does good speeds at lowly rpms. I'm not sure if the minimum rpm required is 1200 or 1500 but you can get that from the user manual.
So i was in top gear doing 95 Km/h - so the rpm would have been just under 2000

Its definitely a problem with the CC am sure.
Old 14th August 2022, 12:29   #885
BHPian

Quote:
ue even if a solution isn’t known.

My Bluetooth problem is resolved now with an ICE upgrade that came recently so I’m hoping your issue will also get resolved!

Exactly. I took mine to service last week. Had been having the bluetooth disconnection problems. Most of the times XUV wouldn't even detect my phones (both android and iOS).

Came outside the waiting lounge to receive my car after servicing (they did an infotainment flash). Even before I reached the car, my phone flashed - connected to Mahindra.

Life inside the car has been much easier since that happened

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks