Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 18:41   #781
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Can someone ask them to change this Cheeta type DRL element flowing from the headlamp to the fog lamp please. And make the front bumper portion a little more rounded. This Cheeta DRL doesn't suit to middle aged working people like us. It's too much funky and probably okay for younger gen. But some people need a sober design.
Approach the vehicle from behind and test drive it!!

See the typical Mahindra buyer wants their vehicle to have a visual 'Get Up' and from behind the Steering wheel it should have good 'Pick Up' !! Break this pattern and the vehicle will likely flop!

XUV3OO was not launched with the typical Mahindra shock and awe strategy, perhaps they were not fully committed to making small vehicles but I guess the sales have picked up eventually to a decent level now that they can no longer ignore it.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 14:09   #782
BHPian

I need to buy a car within 16 lacs on road in chennai in a couple of months. This is provided by my employer hence restriction on price.

I have a celerio 2016 zxi amt for daily use and am looking at csuv that can be used safely on highways as well.

I have test driven xuv 300 petrol/diesel mt and at and have found the diesel mt and at performance at city speeds to be similar to my celerio.

If one considers safety as primary requirement then xuv 300 w8 o is the only option in less than 16 lacs category since others 5 star gncap cars do not seem to offer 6 airbags..

I am not comfortable driving a manual and amt was an acceptable compromise at 6 lacs .

Seems excessive compromise at 16 lacs or is it something one can live with considering it will be mostly used for outstation trips

Last edited by dvprasad : 27th February 2022 at 14:19.
Old 28th February 2022, 19:01   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvprasad View Post
I need to buy a car within 16 lacs on road in chennai in a couple of months. This is provided by my employer hence restriction on price.

I have a celerio 2016 zxi amt for daily use and am looking at csuv that can be used safely on highways as well.

I have test driven xuv 300 petrol/diesel mt and at and have found the diesel mt and at performance at city speeds to be similar to my celerio.

If one considers safety as primary requirement then xuv 300 w8 o is the only option in less than 16 lacs category since others 5 star gncap cars do not seem to offer 6 airbags..

I am not comfortable driving a manual and amt was an acceptable compromise at 6 lacs .

Seems excessive compromise at 16 lacs or is it something one can live with considering it will be mostly used for outstation trips
I got mine (W8 Manual Petrol) and I am mostly a highway driver. My wife drives in the city. For highways - its a really great car. Very comfortable, silent and a very refined engine.

Wouldn't say the same thing for city driving as i find the gear shift in 1st and 2nd very hard or not smooth.
Old 4th March 2022, 16:26   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvprasad View Post
With the car pricing soaring in the past few years even if you extend your budget by 10 lac, still you would feel compromise on some front for any car. We had a similar problem replacing my wife's Micra with a safe crossover that can be used for outstation trips and on bad roads.

In this budget, compromises we found:
XUV300 - Boot space, AMT
Nexon - Personal low opinion of Tata brand, No 6 Airbags
Kushaq 1.0 - Safety Untested, Quality Issues, Extremely Bad service experience of colleague
Magnite - Quality felt like a segment below

We also test drove the Compass. The only compromise there was our lack of money.

MG Astor was not released at the time or we would have considered the lower - mid variants. Honestly, I feel its choosing the compromises you can live with. Assuming you are choosing only among the safer cars, the biggest plus point of XUV300 in my opinion would be it's comfort over any kind of roads. The biggest frustration would be the AMT unless you are a saint at heart and don't mind waiting for the gearbox to do its thing, time and again. If you cannot live with a slow gearbox, do not go for an AMT.
Old 10th March 2022, 14:34   #785
BHPian

Today I received a call from the dealership informing me that a knuckle replacement for both front tyres of my car is recommended and that I should bring the vehicle to the service centre. One person stated that it is required for all BS4 variants, while another stated that it is required for all Xuv300s. I'm curious if anyone else has received anything similar.
Old 10th March 2022, 20:34   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijin View Post
Today I received a call from the dealership informing me that a knuckle replacement for both front tyres of my car is recommended and that I should bring the vehicle to the service centre. One person stated that it is required for all BS4 variants, while another stated that it is required for all Xuv300s. I'm curious if anyone else has received anything similar.
A close friend of mine owns a March-2019 model diesel variant, he had got the call from ASC and has got the knuckle replacement done a few days back.

It’s a good thing that even after 2 years of selling a car, Mahindra is taking such steps.
abhikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 19:12   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
March-2019 model diesel variant, he had got the call from ASC and has got the knuckle replacement.
Thank you for providing this information. I was sceptical because my car is a Dec'19 (K2M) series, and according to the M&M website, no service actions have been officially announced against my VIN. Anyway, I'm going to SC tomorrow and will probably get more information from SA.
Old 11th March 2022, 21:21   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijin View Post
Thank you for providing this information. I was sceptical because my car is a Dec'19 (K2M) series, and according to the M&M website, no service actions have been officially announced against my VIN. Anyway, I'm going to SC tomorrow and will probably get more information from SA.
These things usually depend on the batch/lot of manufacturing, so there's a chance you could have a car from the same year that doesn't have any issue.
That said, checking with the service center is a good idea.
Old 12th March 2022, 15:15   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
It’s a good thing that even after 2 years of selling a car, Mahindra is taking such steps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
That said, checking with the service center is a good idea.
I too got it done today
Details added in here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5276226
Vijin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 08:21   #790
BHPian

Thanks to the incredibly hard water in our society, just 10 months of washing had left such incredibly mineral deposits on my car that I could soon have started calcium extraction from it and turned a profit.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_1166.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_1167.jpg

Here's the kinda stuff I'm talking about.

So I finally decided to get it coated, and end the washing cycle here.
Got it done at Wiper auto detailing studio, Pimple Saudagar, Pune. Had talked to aquatint, permagard and a couple other places.

So here the base package he was offering was of Gyeon Q2 ceramic coating, where he'd cover the whole car body, the front windshield, and the sunroof in 20k. I asked him about the rest of the glasses, and he agreed to cover them in another 4k. So for a total of about 24k, he coated the car body, all glasses, even the ORVMs, and even the blindspot mirrors I have attached above them! They also did spot touches on all the minor blemishes caused by road debris etc.
Took 2 whole days, and now the entire car is shiny and hydrophobic.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 18:51   #791
BHPian

Someone at the office got lucky!
Some brotherly love here at the parking lot

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_1230.png

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_1229.png
ashishk29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 17:56   #792
BHPian

Hi a colleague (off TBHP) bought a XUV 300 as his first vehicle. Has had major trouble ever since.
1. Unexpectedly lighting up warnings:Multiple visits to the dealer/service center in Mangalore, Karnataka has not resolved this. Dealer counters with " we cannot replicate this" or "there is no error"
2. Engine switching off and refusing to start for 10 to 15 mins, seems like some heat related sensor/wiring etc issue. Again dealer not able to resolve or acknowledge the same.

What is the escalation matrix for this? or anyone else experienced this? He is a new owner is blaming himself majorly for all the car's issues. I do not think this is a driver/driving style related problem at all

Last edited by skrao : 24th March 2022 at 17:57. Reason: punctuation errors corrected
Old 25th March 2022, 15:08   #793

Hello,

An Apollo dealer near me is offering the 215/55/ R17 tyres of Vredestein make at 9500 a piece. In spite of being launched some time ago, one does not see these tyres anywhere. Can someone enlighten as to why is it so? Is there any particular drawback ?
Old 25th March 2022, 21:52   #794
BHPian

One year and 24000 kms:

While some upgrade from a Honda City to the Germans, I was looking for something to be driven on bad roads short of off roading, something rugged and also for a car not spending a lot of time with the mechanic, to be trouble free and with a good safety record.
Thus, I got a XUV 300 W8 O dual tone aquamarine MT Diesel on March 12th, 2021 which was delivered home at 8 pm.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20210312wa0007.jpg
Soon after delivery

Some thoughts about the MT:
If there was a good TC/ trouble free DCT available this might not have been written.
My driving style is not suited for an AMT.
I like to be in control of the car all the time.
Acceleration is very important to me in city traffic or on highways.
I love changing gears, whether engine braking or accelerating and I love how this engine responds.

And some contrarian thoughts:
Being on the wrong side of 55, having had 14 surgeries on the left knee, being in some discomfort all the time and as someone who treats knee injuries I've found that working the long clutch pedal good therapy.
While most of the driving was on highways, I've driven across the length and breadth of Chennai multiple times in horrible weather and roads, besides being stuck in bumper to bumper traffic especially near Sriperumbudur upto an hour I've found the gears easy to shift and trouble free.

My daily commute to work and back is only 14 kms and most of the mileage was after coming back from work at around 5 pm on Saturday and coming back on Sunday evening.
The first long trip of around 3000 kms was in April, along the coast from Pondy to Kanyakumari and back which gave a lot of confidence about going on and on especially on bad roads.

The mileage has improved and once gave 19.9 km on a 300 km trip and I'm not a sedate driver by any means.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20210909_1009242.jpg
On the way to Chennai

Things I added/ changed:
Got a new speaker system.
Installed front and rear dashcam.
Got new boot mats as we have 2 dogs.
There was a sidewall puncture at 20,000 kms and I got UC6 Conti tyres for the front. I plan to change the other two also soon as the stock MRF Ecotred while it may last longer has problems with grip.
The wipers were changed at 20000 kms.

In a tier 2 city, the ASC guys have been friendly and accomodating. I plan to change the spare to r 17 and they got a tyre and tried it which fit in my bootwell and waiting for the steel rim from Boodmo.

The maintenance cost has been minimal with only the oil change. I was worried about the light interior but it has been easy to maintain.

The brakes had a disconcerting sharp bite initially which is not there now.
The one thing I am worried about is the blindspot of the A pillar. While I always look on either side while turning right, a stationary person is still an issue especially in the dark.

I've also found the fog lights to be of use to illuminate the sides especially on the moonscape of the Chennai-Kanchipuram section at night with unmarked lanes and unlit to be able the median better.

The boot space is not a problem for me and well compensated by more than a few commenting on how comfortable the rear seat is even with 3 adults.

Overall, I am happy with the performance and having had to visit the ASC only for routine maintenance.

Name:  IMG_20220321_215233__01.jpg
Views: 1773
Size:  100.9 KB
Odo on 20th March

Driving this has been a pleasure and a stress buster and as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, the mileage tells the story.

Last edited by Duckdoc : 25th March 2022 at 22:01.
Duckdoc is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 20:11   #795
BHPian

First major servicing for 10,000km done and dusted.
It was surprisingly cheap!
3178/- with GST is certainly very reasonable.

Now I am in the situation where a servicing is cheaper than a tank fill-up of diesel!
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks