Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2021, 12:12   #661
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 185
Thanked: 267 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quick question to Diesel AMT guys.

Not that it is a problem, I've seen the idling engine rpm hover a tad under 500. Thought this may be normal but just wanted to confirm if this is what everyone is seeing. Sure I know a lot of diesels that idle really low but I've never seen such low idling rpm on a car. Even my Diesel Ecosport idles at 750-800rpm.
jagzrk is offline  
Old 29th October 2021, 15:14   #662
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 612
Thanked: 727 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
This can happen. I hadn't really checked it so closely through the rain season, so I can't comment for sure whether it happened on my car.
Getting fog inside the reflector area can damage the reflector area . That is what my worry. And if that happens in every rain, the chance of reflector area getting damage is high.
anumod is offline  
Old 29th October 2021, 15:41   #663
Senior - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 5,925 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Getting fog inside the reflector area can damage the reflector area . That is what my worry. And if that happens in every rain, the chance of reflector area getting damage is high.
When there is warm humid air in the headlamp and cool air on the outside, you will see condensation. It is normal and it happens on all vehicles. You do not need to do anything to it and this will not damage anything inside either.

If you however see water in large quantities, then either someone pressure washed it incorrectly or there is a crack or leak and you need to replace the unit, be it DRL or Fog lamp or headlamp.
Kosfactor is offline  
Old 29th October 2021, 21:02   #664
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie chirps that Mahindra has issued a silent recall for the XUV3OO Diesel MT and AT BS6 variants for a possible intercooler hose crack problem/defect.

Owners are requested to get this checked with their respective dealerships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Thanks RavenAvi for this crucial information ! I am 100% sure that this could be the issue which I had reported way back in Feb/March in this thread Quoting below
Yeah even I have heard this "chu chu chu" sound from my XUV3OO diesel. I went for 2nd free service yesterday and I see that intercooler hose was replaced in my vehicle.
TheOperator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 12:04   #665
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 52
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

I am going to get my W8 Petrol on the Diwali Day 4th Nov.
Wanted to know - just out of curiosity - will the air bags work in this if the seat belt isn't fastened. (I always fasten my seat belt)


I read about an accident recently in B'lore where occupants of an Audi Q7 - all 5 died in a crash and the airbags didn't open because none of them was wearing the seat belt.
mihir_m13 is offline  
Old 30th October 2021, 17:19   #666
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 433
Thanked: 520 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quick update on my quest to get heated ORVMs on my car:

I finally received one of the mirrors. It took only about 2 months to get delivered. Boodmo is slow. The second mirrors hasn't even been dispatched yet.

So I had a talk with a garage that my friend recommended. They told me that it would be very difficult to retro-fit those mirrors without making some modifications that could potentially void the warranty, and recommended waiting for the warranty to expire before attempting the mod

My friend suggested that I try out if those mirrors could run off of 12V from the lighter socket. Which is not that bad of an idea if you think of it But I am still mulling it over.
ashishk29 is offline  
Old 2nd November 2021, 16:20   #667
BHPian
 
krishnakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 228
Thanked: 616 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Has anyone fitted roller type sun shades (or screens) for XUV3OO?

The dealership is providing only the magnetic type and don't have the roller type. I found this option on Amazon by Automaze.

https://www.amazon.in/Automaze-Autom.../dp/B07X8HFTTV

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Or any other brand that can be recommended?
krishnakumar is offline  
Old 3rd November 2021, 12:35   #668
BHPian
 
sudeep.pandya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chhindwara(M.P)
Posts: 213
Thanked: 386 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Quick question to Diesel AMT guys.

Not that it is a problem, I've seen the idling engine rpm hover a tad under 500. Thought this may be normal but just wanted to confirm if this is what everyone is seeing. Sure I know a lot of diesels that idle really low but I've never seen such low idling rpm on a car. Even my Diesel Ecosport idles at 750-800rpm.
No, this is not normal. I have completed 15k in my AMT D. Not even once have I ever witnessed such low idle RPM. Please get it checked.

The idling RPM should be 850-900 just like any other turbo diesel.
sudeep.pandya is offline  
Old 3rd November 2021, 14:40   #669
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 175 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Quick update on my quest to get heated ORVMs on my car:

I finally received one of the mirrors. It took only about 2 months to get delivered. Boodmo is slow. The second mirrors hasn't even been dispatched yet.
I believe you must've received the passenger side RVM glass? They are obviously slow, I placed an order in Jan this year and cancelled in April But the refund was quick. When did you purchase your XUV? If it is close to Aug 2020, you may still have a chance to fit in the replacement glass directly into it - we never know unless the mirror is disassembled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOperator View Post
Yeah even I have heard this "chu chu chu" sound from my XUV3OO diesel. I went for 2nd free service yesterday and I see that intercooler hose was replaced in my vehicle.
That's good. Which month/year is your car manufactured? Apparently I don't have that intercooler hose update according to the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Getting fog inside the reflector area can damage the reflector area . That is what my worry. And if that happens in every rain, the chance of reflector area getting damage is high.
According to the user manual, this condensation is normal. However, the manual also states that if there are water droplets dripping, then they advice to visit service station. Hope it is just very tiny droplets due to condensation and not bigger droplets.

Last edited by vb-san : 4th November 2021 at 15:36. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 16:09   #670
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
That's good. Which month/year is your car manufactured? Apparently I don't have that intercooler hose update according to the service.
Mine is March 2021 manufactured.
By the way, I heard this noise again while a recent short drive after the 2nd service. It comes around 1400-1500 rpm but only sometimes under specific conditions. I cannot reproduce it at will so maybe this noise is not related to the intercooler hose.
TheOperator is offline  
Old 4th November 2021, 06:31   #671
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 433
Thanked: 520 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
I believe you must've received the passenger side RVM glass? They are obviously slow, I placed an order in Jan this year and cancelled in April But the refund was quick. When did you purchase your XUV? If it is close to Aug 2020, you may still have a chance to fit in the replacement glass directly into it - we never know unless the mirror is disassembled.
No weirdly enough I got the RHS driver side delivered. The LHS passenger side is pending.

Mine is a May 2021 vehicle. I do want to actually check by just puling out the current mirror and checking if there are any wires left behind which I could simply plug and play A man can dream!
ashishk29 is offline  
Old 4th November 2021, 10:44   #672
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: kolkata
Posts: 31
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Hello everyone. Any news on the rumoured sport variant's timeline? Also, will the interiors be revamped?
abhi_ank is offline  
Old 5th November 2021, 11:19   #673
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 52
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Hello,

Wish you all a very happy Diwali and a Prosperous new year. I had posted this yesterday evening but don't know where that post vanished.

Anyways - I got the delivery of my XUV 300 W8 Petrol yesterday (Diwali) morning. Had booked it on 17th October. Wasn't expecting it so soon but last Friday the sales executive called and said one car was available because of a cancellation so i got it.

I have a long 650 Kms trip coming up later this month - will be posting a detailed review post but right now have a specific question.

The gear shift between the 1st and 2nd is not smooth. Both ways. Even the shift from 3rd to 2nd isn't smooth. 2nd to 3rd is fine. The gears do absolutely engage but you get a feeling that its not fitting into its slot.

I don't recollect having this feeling in the TD vehicle. Even while moving from the first to second - you feel there's something obstructing - its not smooth.

Am an experienced driver and this is our 4th car. My previous car was Maruti Suzuki Swift so am making a comparison with that.

Any body else felt the same or is it just my car?

Thank you
mihir_m13 is offline  
Old 5th November 2021, 19:53   #674
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Hello,

Wish you all a very happy Diwali and a Prosperous new year. I had posted this yesterday evening but don't know where that post vanished.

Anyways - I got the delivery of my XUV 300 W8 Petrol yesterday (Diwali) morning. Had booked it on 17th October. Wasn't expecting it so soon but last Friday the sales executive called and said one car was available because of a cancellation so i got it.

I have a long 650 Kms trip coming up later this month - will be posting a detailed review post but right now have a specific question.

The gear shift between the 1st and 2nd is not smooth. Both ways. Even the shift from 3rd to 2nd isn't smooth. 2nd to 3rd is fine. The gears do absolutely engage but you get a feeling that its not fitting into its slot.

I don't recollect having this feeling in the TD vehicle. Even while moving from the first to second - you feel there's something obstructing - its not smooth.

Am an experienced driver and this is our 4th car. My previous car was Maruti Suzuki Swift so am making a comparison with that.

Any body else felt the same or is it just my car?

Thank you
Yes Mihir, I am relatively a new driver yet the vehicle behaves the same. 2nd to 1st can not be shifted easily unless not at complete halt.
KVsidewinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 21:12   #675
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 52
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVsidewinder View Post
Yes Mihir, I am relatively a new driver yet the vehicle behaves the same. 2nd to 1st can not be shifted easily unless not at complete halt.
Did you bring this to the notice of the service center during the free services?

What did they say?
mihir_m13 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks