Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 22:03   #811

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulC View Post
Is it a good idea to buy an XUV 300 (P) in June 2022?

I have been longing to buy a new car since the start of this year but for some reason or the other haven't been able to finally get one. My ultimate priority was safety and my original shortlists were Nexon XZ+ (S) Petrol and XUV 300 W8 (P). After waiting for so long and having witnessed multiple price hikes , I finally booked XUV 300 and on the day the dealer called me back that he has arranged a car for me, I see the spy pics of new Brezza .Now I am having second thoughts whether it's worth to go for XUV 300 (which is now roughly a ~3 year old model) or wait until the full specs of Brezza are officially released (anticipated in June).

I would really love to hear thoughts from experts in the community.
Not to add to the confusion, there is a new XUV300 coming in a few months as per ACI.
theanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 23:02   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Bootspace: This is where the XUV300 takes a massive hit. I ended up installing a roof carrier when we had the whole family on a trip!
If you have a picture, can you please post the same.
TIA
Old 27th May 2022, 05:40   #813
BHPian

Quote:
I have been driving XUV300 last 6 months and completed more than 6k. My experience has been amazing with the car. But, ultimately it is about the looks before anything else. They say if you don't feel the urge to turn back and look at your car after it's parked, then you probably shouldn't have bought the car in the first place. If you think you'd feel that about the new Brezza, then you should wait. But trust me, you'd want to turn back and look at the XUV300 as well. It's a gem of a car, performance numbers are the best in the segment (even better than the non-turbo Creta), safety is the best in the segment, width is the best in the segment, all 4 tyres have disc brakes (only in the segment), highest wheel base in the segment and thus provides the least body roll with well planted drive on high speed highways and turns.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20220527_053933.jpg  

black.beauty is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 14:46   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have been longing to buy a new car since the start of this year but for some reason or the other haven't been able to finally get one. My ultimate priority was safety and my original shortlists were Nexon XZ+ (S) Petrol and XUV 300 W8 (P). After waiting for so long and having witnessed multiple price hikes , I finally booked XUV 300 and on the day the dealer called me back that he has arranged a car for me, I see the spy pics of new Brezza .Now I am having second thoughts whether it's worth to go for XUV 300 (which is now roughly a ~3 year old model) or wait until the full specs of Brezza are officially released (anticipated in June).

I would really love to hear thoughts from experts in the community.
Go for the XUV. You already have booked it and it is now available. I would go for it on any day. The engine, features and most of all the safety available on the XUV is unparalleled. It's a solid built SUV and would be a better deal than the Brezza IMO. While looks are subjective, the XUV is one of the handsome looking cars. I have never regretted my decision to go with the XUV. The M&M service centers have improved by leaps and bounds. I have had a great experience thus far.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 15:36   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
If you have a picture, can you please post the same.
TIA
Got this from a shop in JC Road, Bengaluru.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20220513_111958_433.jpg  

ChevyTeddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 13:40   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.beauty View Post
I have been driving XUV300 last 6 months and completed more than 6k. My experience has been amazing with the car. But, ultimately it is about the looks before anything else. They say if you don't feel the urge to turn back and look at your car after it's parked, then you probably shouldn't have bought the car in the first place. If you think you'd feel that about the new Brezza, then you should wait. But trust me, you'd want to turn back and look at the XUV300 as well. It's a gem of a car, performance numbers are the best in the segment (even better than the non-turbo Creta), safety is the best in the segment, width is the best in the segment, all 4 tyres have disc brakes (only in the segment), highest wheel base in the segment and thus provides the least body roll with well planted drive on high speed highways and turns.
Sir, mine is a Nov, 2020 W8 (O) dual tone. I wanted to check out a roof carrier for the car just in case there is a long journey planned. The lesser boot space was definitely not a deal breaker for me as all the weekend trips are easily manageable. I am planning a 15 day trip to Sikkim (Hyd to Sikkim) and would try to explore the roof carrier options. Can you please share the product details? Would the roof rails support the carrier? Also, would it not interfere with the sunroof? Thank you.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 17:12   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Can you please share the product details? Would the roof rails support the carrier? Also, would it not interfere with the sunroof? Thank you.
For a long journey you'd definitely need a roof carrier. I got the Mahindra Genuine Accessories one.

Link here: https://www.m2all.com/xuv300-car-acc...-w6-d-amt.html.

The roof rails will be able to support the carrier. That's how I have fixed it.

You need to place it smartly so that it doesn't interfere the sunroof. However half or slightly less that half of the total sunroof view will be covered with the carrier. But you can remove the carrier with 4 screws when you are not travelling.
black.beauty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 20:33   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For a long journey you'd definitely need a roof carrier. I got the Mahindra Genuine Accessories one.

Link here: https://www.m2all.com/xuv300-car-acc...-w6-d-amt.html.

The roof rails will be able to support the carrier. That's how I have fixed it.

You need to place it smartly so that it doesn't interfere the sunroof. However half or slightly less that half of the total sunroof view will be covered with the carrier. But you can remove the carrier with 4 screws when you are not travelling.
Thank you sir. This helps. I don't need it immediately but would have to go this route maybe in July. I will first reach out to my local dealer and then see if I have to order online. The VVC workshop near my residence is amazing. The manager and the team have always been great with my queries and are very engaging. Will mostly get it installed at their place.
Old 28th May 2022, 22:32   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
I don't need it immediately but would have to go this route maybe in July.
In Bengaluru, none of the dealers had a roof carrier in stock. But they said I can order through the m2all website. Estimate was 10 working days to delivery, which no one was confident of reducing. So you might want to plan for a lead time for ordering, delivery and installation.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 22:07   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Bengaluru, none of the dealers had a roof carrier in stock. But they said I can order through the m2all website. Estimate was 10 working days to delivery, which no one was confident of reducing. So you might want to plan for a lead time for ordering, delivery and installation.
Thank you sir. I just checked the m2all site and it does show 10 to 12 days of lead time. I am sure no one has it in stock in Hyd too. However, the local market (car decors) got a little over enthusiastic when I was enquiring about a roof carrier an year ago. I was very sure that they had no knowledge of the fitting and the requirement. The roof carrier here looks good and comes with a warranty too. Will keep you updated just in case I go for it.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 00:24   #821
BHPian

Quote:
In Bengaluru, none of the dealers had a roof carrier in stock.
I got it in April this year from Mahindra Service Center, Sireesh, Sisandhra. Always go with the genuine ones, they look good and above that, when you have a sunroof, it fits well so as to not hamper its functionality. Any 3rd party roof carrier would be bigger and would touch when the sunroof goes up and not when it slides on the side. With Genuine Accessories, none of that happens.
black.beauty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 12:46   #822
BHPian

Left my XUV for the 20k kms 1st paid service at Evergreen Motors, Jhalawar.
Was surprised when I got a message on the Hamesha App about approval for the service.
Called the SA and he said there is a voluntary and free recall for both the front steering knuckles.
Mine is a 2020MY BS4 Diesel W8 O AMT. If you are in the same boat, you might want to check with your service agent since they are not proactively calling customers but making the replacements at the time of the service.
He didn’t mention if this was model and MY specific and I forgot to ask. Sorry
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-d4ee331c776e49538c3c1c10655d4c37.png  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-271d7521dfc44cf39704cc03cfa9fc2e.png  

DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 12:13   #823

Quote:
I have been driving XUV300 last 6 months and completed more than 6k.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I finally went ahead with my booking and awaiting the delivery now .

I completely agree with you on the looks. Btw did you get any detailing job done on the exterior? That shiny black color simply looks stunning . I'm also looking to get a luggage carrier (mine is without a sunroof) but I read on some early posts in this thread mentioning that the roof rails are non-functional. Is that true? How has been your experience using the carrier?
Old 31st May 2022, 16:31   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Btw did you get any detailing job done on the exterior?
I have done ceramic coating to maintain the shine of the black color. Also, added sunfilm under the legal limits on the windows for a better all black look.

Quote:
I read on some early posts in this thread mentioning that the roof rails are non-functional. Is that true? How has been your experience using the carrier?
It is functional roof rails. The carrier has a weight capacity of 50 kg. So you can keep two big bags. I have not kept more than 1bag yet. There are many options online for tying this up on the top. You can use one of them. There are no issues. If the roof rails were non functional, we couldn't install the carrier as well. It also enhances the looks of the car, gives it an adventurous appeal.
black.beauty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 15:28   #825
BHPian

Quote:
I have finalized two cars, a BS4 and a BS6, at almost same price.
I would recommend the BS4 version due to 2 reasons.
1. No need to worry about DPF clogging. Even if it doesn't clog, I have felt the car gets a bit rough after driving for long in stop and go traffic.
2. Older models had more features, and newer models have skipped a lot of them. (heated ORVMs, boot light, door-ajar warning light, 3 point seatbelt for middle passenger in rear seats). The feature deletion has been phased, so the BS6 might be missing some/ or all of these features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks