Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2021, 12:04   #691
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hi all,

I'm facing a niggle with Bluetooth in my new XUV3OO.

So the way it presents itself is as below:
  1. The bluetooth discoverability of ICE goes randomly off at times; that is, "Mahindra" doesn't show up on any phone or other devices while searching for it. Even if we try to connect to "Mahindra" using the option under 'Previously Connected Devices', it doesn't connect.
  2. The bluetooth doesn't go off once a connection is established. That is, let's say the Bluetooth worked and I was able to connect it to my phone, during the entirety of that drive the connection doesn't fail.
  3. The bluetooth bug doesn't repeat systematically as mentioned in point 1. That is, not every time it goes off while restarting the car. Sometimes it goes off, sometimes it works just fine and connects automatically. I'd say the event happens with a 40% failure rate, roughly.
  4. Needless to say, since Bluetooth fails, Android Auto also doesn't connect during this time. The phone just charges during this time. The phone also doesn't provide any alert.
  5. During the events when bluetooth does fail, I tried toggling the bluetooth on/off in the ICE (via the 'Connectivity' settings) to see if it gets retriggered, but NADA!
  6. Once the bug presents itself, restarting the car also doesn't work.
  7. As mentioned in point 6, once the bluetooth fails the only way to get it working is by reseting the ICE. No other method seems to reinstate Bluetooth. Tried restarting the car, toggling bluetooth on/off, turned on/off the ICE etc. Nothing.
Hi Krishna,

Even I had the same issue and I got the software flashed by the ASC. But, after the service I spoke to the service engineer about the issue, he suggested that I wait till the ICE is completely up (untill the Mahindra logo appears and radio starts) before starting the engine. Can you try this and see if you can reproduce the issue? Or you can try to start the engine well before the ICE is completely up and see if the issue persists so that you can bring it to the notice of the ASC.

On a separate note:
Can anyone here please let me know how to turnoff the radio so that it doesn't get turned on every time I get into the car?
IamYogi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 13:24   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamYogi View Post
Even I had the same issue and I got the software flashed by the ASC.
Thanks Yogi! The ASC did flash the software in my case as well but it is persisting.

Quote:
I wait till the ICE is completely up (untill the Mahindra logo appears and radio starts) before starting the engine.

Or you can try to start the engine well before the ICE is completely up and see if the issue persists so that you can bring it to the notice of the ASC.
I have tried these combinations and it didn't work for me. When the bug presented itself, I tried turning off the engine and just turning on the ICE (without starting the engine with a short press of push button start) and tried connecting bluetooth and it didn't work. Similarly, turning on the engine straightaway also didn't reinstate Bluetooth.

However, I'm not sure if doing this systematically (waiting for ICE to power on) prevents the bug from presenting in the first place.

Can you please confirm if the issue is completely gone for you now? Have you experienced this again or do you follow any protocol like above to prevent it from happening?

Quote:
Can anyone here please let me know how to turnoff the radio so that it doesn't get turned on every time I get into the car?
+1

I had asked this specifically to the SA while he did the demo but he said it's not possible. It's very annoying to say the least. Would be great if someone has figured out a solve for this!!
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 13:41   #693
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please confirm if the issue is completely gone for you now? Have you experienced this again or do you follow any protocol like above to prevent it from happening?
I've been following the same systematic approach told by the service engineer, since then I am not see this issue or the Android auto connection.

Quote:

I had asked this specifically to the SA while he did the demo but he said it's not possible. It's very annoying to say the least. Would be great if someone has figured out a solve for this!!
Well, then we'll have to live with that annoyance I guess, not sure if it makes any sense. Mahindra engineers should put some thoughts into the user experience and take customers feedback seriously.
Old 16th November 2021, 16:21   #694
BHPian

About this radio - really - i've not yet figured it out. It stays on - so i've to mute it.

Also the door unlocks as soon as the engine is switched off. This is not desirable and infact a security risk some times. I've read this in the official review on Page-1. Can that setting be changed? Can the service center do it?

Last edited by mihir_m13 : 16th November 2021 at 16:23.
mihir_m13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 10:19   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ashish!

While routing through the bottom edge of the door sill, how did you finally take it up to the roof in the boot? Was it taken to the top via the c-pillar? I wasn't sure on how to get this done and hence considered the top edge (what I meant by the roofliner).
Since my wiring comes from the bottom edge, the wiring will enter under the boot area where the spare wheel is, and then it comes out briefly near the locking latch before disappearing into the beading and travels all the way up to the top center of the beading. The extra wire is left inside the spare wheel area so that it is not visible outside. I have glued a magnet in this portion of the roofliner and the camera sticks to the magnet without moving. Will add a photo later during the day if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Attachment 2232703

I didn't find a way to fix it. I currently just put it in R, back to neutral, and back to R. I am going to show this the next time I go to the service.

Although I was able to disable welcome sound etc normally like I had before. I didn't face that issue.
That is strange. I complained to the SA that my welcome and goodbye chimes are permanently enabled and the technician involved in flashing was sure that that is how it is supposed to be. And I am sure it is not the way because I have disabled all the sounds including the chimes on the delivery day and drove it for 20k km. So I am wondering if the software update is the culprit. It is not that it is impossible to live with, but it is just an annoying thing for me.

And guess what after the flashing/update of parking sensor during the service? I took a 400km drive and there wasn't much rains or anything, but the rear passenger side parking sensor failed by the end of that trip! And after another 400km trip in heavy rains, it decided to fix itself. I am not sure what is happening with the parking sensors now. Have to wait and watch.

Quote:
I've been following the same systematic approach told by the service engineer, since then I am not see this issue or the Android auto connection.

Well, then we'll have to live with that annoyance I guess, not sure if it makes any sense. Mahindra engineers should put some thoughts into the user experience and take customers feedback seriously.
I usually reduce the volume to 0 before turning of the car and it has not annoyed me ever since. I use my 13 year old iPod classic which uses the Aux port and when this is connected, the radio doesn't play. So lately this is how the aux port is keeping me from that annoyance. Hope one of this workaround will help you.
Goandiaries is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 10:47   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
the wiring will enter under the boot area where the spare wheel is, and then it comes out briefly near the locking latch before disappearing into the beading and travels all the way up to the top center of the beading. The extra wire is left inside the spare wheel area so that it is not visible outside.
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for sharing this.

Can you tell me how you took the wire to the boot? Does it pass through the rear seats? I considered this option as better than routing through C-pillar but couldn't find a spot where it could enter the boot.

Quote:
I have glued a magnet in this portion of the roofliner and the camera sticks to the magnet without moving. Will add a photo later during the day if possible.
The magnet is an excellent hack! Can you tell me which dashcam you have on your car?

Also the pics would definitely help. Please do share whenever you get time!

Quote:
So lately this is how the aux port is keeping me from that annoyance. Hope one of this workaround will help you.
Neat! Although I don't have an iPod but let me see if I can piggyback on a similar setup using the Aux.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 12:49   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Also the door unlocks as soon as the engine is switched off. This is not desirable and infact a security risk some times. I've read this in the official review on Page-1. Can that setting be changed? Can the service center do it?
I second that, this is really a safety concern. Mahindra should really think of rectifying this issue with the SW update. However, does this occur even if the door lock button is engaged on the driver side door?

Quote:
Since my wiring comes from the bottom edge, the wiring will enter under the boot area where the spare wheel is, and then it comes out briefly near the locking latch before disappearing into the beading and travels all the way up to the top center of the beading. The extra wire is left inside the spare wheel area so that it is not visible outside. I have glued a magnet in this portion of the roofliner and the camera sticks to the magnet without moving. Will add a photo later during the day if possible.
Can you pls share some photos? Which fuses have you used? again a photo would be helpful. Does your dashcam support parking mode as well?

Quote:
I use my 13 year old iPod classic which uses the Aux port and when this is connected, the radio doesn't play. So lately this is how the aux port is keeping me from that annoyance. Hope one of this workaround will help you.
This seems to be a nice workaround. What if we connect a dummy 3.5mm audio plug into the aux jack? I am wondering if it still works, if does then it's like walk on the cake.
Old 17th November 2021, 16:09   #698
BHPian

Quote:
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for sharing this.

Can you tell me how you took the wire to the boot? Does it pass through the rear seats? I considered this option as better than routing through C-pillar but couldn't find a spot where it could enter the boot.

The magnet is an excellent hack! Can you tell me which dashcam you have on your car?

Also the pics would definitely help. Please do share whenever you get time!
Quote:
Can you pls share some photos? Which fuses have you used? again a photo would be helpful. Does your dashcam support parking mode as well?
I've attached the picture of the dashcam wire routing. I was wondering how it was taken through the center of the roof liner by Ashish. The magnet is glued to the roof liner almost under the rubber beading. All the wiring is hidden under this beading as marked with arrows. The wire is tucked under the seat and taken through the slot without interfering the seat belt in the rear. When you remove the panel covering the rear tyre, you will see a big gap to accommodate this wire. It should work for any type of dashcam. I have a Chinese one from AliExpress bought some years back for a friend who didn't use it. I haven't hard wired it as I'll be getting a better one soon.

Quote:
Neat! Although I don't have an iPod but let me see if I can piggyback on a similar setup using the Aux.
Quote:
This seems to be a nice workaround. What if we connect a dummy 3.5mm audio plug into the aux jack? I am wondering if it still works, if does then it's like walk on the cake.
Just plugging in a aux cable into the port is enough. It works. But everytime you need to unplug it and plug it to listen to audio. I feel reducing the volume to 0 before turning off the car is an easier option. I turn off the AC, reduce the volume and put off the car everytime.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-polish_20211117_153350124.jpg  

Goandiaries is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:39   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
You have a reason to smile buddy on the knee airbags. Mahindra has updated the brochure now and yes, the knee airbags are removed only in the manual variant.

Attachment 2214351

The irony is that yesterday only I asked the same question to the dealer and he was very confident that the knee airbags are going away in both manual and automatic and they even got an official email on this. However, the brochure should be the official one since it has got an update on 30th september as per the URL and file name. Attaching the latest brochure.
So, this is either a super short-lived update or was simply just a mistake on the web version of brochure and feature list which is what I think it is. Knee airbags are gone permanently and no longer available even in automatic variant as per the latest update.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-xuv300_safety.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2021, 13:13   #700
BHPian

Just came back from a 700 Kms trip in my new W8 petrol. This was the second trip on the highway Baroda - Surat - Dahanu - Baroda. The first one was from Baroda to Malsar (On the bank of the Narmada) and back - 140 Kms. 2 trips in 17 days since delivery.

The cars really very comfortable and glad i choose this over the Nexon. Suspension on not so smooth roads is way better than Nexon - the way i remember it from the TD's. We love the bigger cabin. I do find the clutch travel a little long though.

Used the Cruise Control extensively (approx 60 Kms) on the Dahanu - Baroda (340 Kms) return journey and really it adds to a lot of comfort. And since there were rainy patches - used the rear wiper washer too and now i feel it was worth spending the money on a higher variant.

The car has clocked a total of 1075 Kms so far and in the first 300 kms which was a mix of city and highway got a mileage of 15.6 Km/l (Fully loaded with A/c) and in the Surat - Dahanu - Baroda stretch - got 16 Km/l (A/c) driving in the 80-100 Kmph range.

These 4 disc brakes is one feature of this car I love the most. Very effective.
A/c I find average. Swift Petrol A/c was so much better. And this is cloudy weather am talking about. Don't know how it's going to be in Summer.

Last edited by mihir_m13 : 22nd November 2021 at 13:16.
Old 24th November 2021, 21:52   #701
BHPian

Sorry if this sounds like a basic query and feel free to point me to any thread which already discusses this. I find the leather seats to be slippery sometimes and was wondering if there is a solution for this. Considering it may affect airbag deployment, I wanted to be careful.
Old 25th November 2021, 09:32   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay1283 View Post
Sorry if this sounds like a basic query and feel free to point me to any thread which already discusses this. I find the leather seats to be slippery sometimes and was wondering if there is a solution for this. Considering it may affect airbag deployment, I wanted to be careful.
I've seen some videos on youtube where there are seat covers available for the top variant where the size's of the covers are open. That should work for you.

Another option is to get use adhesive to stick a velcro - and then fix a cloth cusion on is. Any Upholstery guy will be able to help you with that.

Even without the velcro - you could fix a cloth cusion with bands running under/side of the back rest to hold the cusion in place. Take it to some upholstery guy and they'll have plenty of ideas.
Old 26th November 2021, 10:43   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Same.
I didn't put on any seat covers as a result.
I did buy seat mats, but I haven't gotten around to installing those. They do look pretty aftermarket though. But should be functional.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 01:40   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Did any polishing agents come in contact with the leather seats? In this case, it happens. Otherwise, I haven't faced such an issue. If you really want to have a cover, then maybe you can install one for the seat bottom and this will not affect the airbag deployment.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 11:26   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOperator View Post
Yeah even I have heard this "chu chu chu" sound from my XUV3OO diesel.
My xuv300 D covered 28K KM and am getting some noise from dashboard. It gets prominent on bad/rough roads and the noise is continuous "chu chu chu' type. Anyone else is getting the dashboard rattle noise?

I am not able to find the exact root cause for this. Anyone knows from where this noise is from and what is the fix?

Also did anybody try aftermarket fully synthetic engine oil for Diesel xuv300? My car is up for 4th service and I feel the OEM engine oil is good for only 7 to 8k KM. Beyond that you feel higher engine noise, diesel clatter prominently. Not sure why Mahindra is fine for 20k oil change interval.

Last edited by Kashi053 : 28th November 2021 at 11:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks