Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 15:03   #1396
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post

And surprisingly, I got a pretty good mileage.*

In a tank full, I managed to do 1000 KMs, comfortably. By comfortably, I mean, never did I use the Eco mode. I did use sport mode several times

In all, I am really pleased with the Harrier, but since it's a manual, I will now go back to my Kushaq.
Whats this? Getting great figures on instantaneous short trips are fine, but for tankful? Crazy figures, much better than hybrids ! 1000kms range is very good for its not so big tank.
TorqueIndia is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 20:09   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Whats this? Getting great figures on instantaneous short trips are fine, but for tankful? Crazy figures, much better than hybrids ! 1000kms range is very good for its not so big tank.
My old Santro Xing used to give me around 10-11 kmpl in the city (without AC). The Harrier gives me ~12 kmpl on the same commute with AC, and that was a surprise to me

I'm yet to take it on long trip/highway, but for whatever commutes I've done in the outskirts of Pune (where I could engage 4th or 5th gear), the MID showed 14-15 kmpl for that trip. So, I won't be surprised if it returns close to 20 kmpl on the highway with sedate driving.
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 17:47   #1398
BHPian

Got an a call from ASS for voluntary replacement of C mount/gear box mount and a software update (this is as much i could extract from the lady who called). ASS is open on sunday's too to facilitate this. Mine is 2021 April manufactured, Anyone got more info on this ?
Old 14th February 2023, 21:21   #1399
BHPian

Got this done today - it's C mount change and an EMS update

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyg View Post
Got an a call from ASS for voluntary replacement of C mount/gear box mount and a software update (this is as much i could extract from the lady who called). ASS is open on sunday's too to facilitate this. Mine is 2021 April manufactured, Anyone got more info on this ?
maddyg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 13:59   #1400
BHPian

Can anyone here please confirm if Harrier XT has adaptive camera guide lines?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
one thing that annoys me is the rear view camera guide lines (or reference lines, as they call it in the manual) aren't adaptive (fixed).

I couldn't find any setting to change it. Does anyone know if adaptive guidelines is specific to XZ, or XT should have it too?

Thanks!
I also wanted to know if anyone has fitted the foot step / running board from outside the ASC. If yes, how much did it cost?
Thanks!

Last edited by pkulkarni.2106 : 22nd February 2023 at 14:01.
Old 15th March 2023, 10:29   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post

And surprisingly, I got a pretty good mileage.*

In all, I am really pleased with the Harrier, but since it's a manual, I will now go back to my Kushaq.
I have an automatic Harrier. I get decent mileage if I drive sedately. Here are the numbers when I went to my hometown. I drove pretty sedately till my first meal stop and got over 20 kmpl for the stretch. I continued the experiment till I reached the destination and got overall efficiency of 16.9 kmpl. I was impatient for the last 100 km and increased my speed. Not bad at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-pxl_20221023_010319765.jpg  

Tata Harrier : Official Review-pxl_20221024_053111100.jpg  

Last edited by tracerspiff : 15th March 2023 at 10:31.
tracerspiff is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 07:30   #1402

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerspiff View Post
I have an automatic Harrier. I get decent mileage if I drive sedately. Here are the numbers when I went to my hometown. I drove pretty sedately till my first meal stop and got over 20 kmpl for the stretch. I continued the experiment till I reached the destination and got overall efficiency of 16.9 kmpl. I was impatient for the last 100 km and increased my speed. Not bad at all.
I'm both surprised and impressed. I have Harrier automatic and my mileage hovers between 11-12 in Bangalore traffic. Did Bangalore Delhi Bangalore in December and I planned to keep track of entire trip's mileage. But at the service center in NOIDA they had to remove battery and the trip data was messed up. Not sure about the accuracy of the data but it showed me around 15 when I reached back Bangalore. I guess this has something to do with my driving style.
Old 17th March 2023, 10:32   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmahendra View Post
I have Harrier automatic and my mileage hovers between 11-12 in Bangalore traffic...
Not sure about the accuracy of the data but it showed me around 15 when I reached back Bangalore. I guess this has something to do with my driving style.
These mileage figures caught me by surprise too hence the photos to document it. I usually get 12-13 in Bangalore traffic and 15-16 on highways. I ve been filling Xtragreen diesel from IOCL bunks and that also has improved the mileage figures.
On highways, if you drive with a light foot and in eco mode, you can realistically get 18-19 Kmpl but that is a little difficult to do with a Harrier .
Old 18th March 2023, 19:23   #1404

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerspiff View Post
These mileage figures caught me by surprise too hence the photos to document it. I usually get 12-13 in Bangalore traffic and 15-16 on highways. I ve been filling Xtragreen diesel from IOCL bunks and that also has improved the mileage figures.
On highways, if you drive with a light foot and in eco mode, you can realistically get 18-19 Kmpl but that is a little difficult to do with a Harrier .
You definitely are a better driver then me.
Forgot to mention, I always drive on eco mode unless, once in a while, I want to feel the power. AC reduces the mileage by 2-2.5/ltr and I end up driving with AC on all the time.
Let me test Xtragreen and see if I find any difference.
Old 17th April 2023, 18:12   #1405

Hi guys, need a small information regarding TATA Harrier. I have booked the automatic base variant XMAS recently and want to upgrade the steel rims to alloy wheels keeping the same dimensions of the OEM 235/70/R16 stock tyres and wheels size of 16 X 6.5 J which is a rare spec in the alloy aftermarket.

Have shortlisted one set of alloys with same specs with the offset of 35 mm.

Can I go with it ? Couldn't find the ET number in the manual hence posting it here. Hope you guys can guide me.
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:12   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier Grille and Bumper melts apparently due to Bangalore's scorching heat. Whilst the quality is pretty much questionable, I believe extended exposure to sunlight for weeks must've led to this but for sure Tata has to look at the quality aspect while other cars are exposed to same temperatures.

Source: Cartoq

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...aluru-sun/amp/
Old 22nd April 2023, 19:24   #1407

Hello Guys,

I will be getting my Harrier XZA +O #DARK edition soon. I wanted to ge the user manual for the same. I checked TATA Motors online, i see the manual for older version. Does anyone have idea where I can get for the Newer version?

I hope while final Delivery they will provide one.

Cheers
Old 24th April 2023, 13:56   #1408

https://www.news18.com/auto/tata-har...l-7622089.html

strange and curious
Old 29th April 2023, 07:44   #1409
BHPian

I am still looking for changing my present car, a Jeep compass petrol MT and switching over to a BS6 phase 2 diesel SUV. Tata harrier was on top of my list due to its looks and road presence.

After taking a test drive of the manual XZ+ variant now I'm not so sure if this is a good idea. I found some niggles in the test drive car as follows :-

1. Throughout the test drive my left knee kept hitting the dashboard to the point of getting pain and ruining the test drive. The seat height adjust switch was not working and i had to move the seat back to lessen the impact of my knee against the dashboard.

2. the rubber strips along the door frames were very poorly installed with lots of gaps and poor finish.

3. Shockingly the metal used in the doors is very thin, so much that I could easily press it in. The doors felt lighter than the Jeep. I was expecting the Tata build similar to Jeep.

4. The front passenger seat footwell is tapered and very narrow forcing me to constantly having to curve my left leg inward. This would be quite uncomfortable on long journeys I feel.

5. Arm rest is useless as it cannot be slid forward.

6. Suspension though better than some other cars was harsh when compared to Jeep.

7. The test drive vehicle was manufactured in early 2022 as per sales person but the leather on the steering wheel was completely deteriorated and seat height button was already not working which suggest quality issues.

8. The reason for wanting to change to diesel car is to have a better pickup especially on inclines in which the petrol Jeep struggles and sometimes stalls due to excessive turbo lag. The harrier addresses this issue however in normal driving mode the pickup feels same as the petrol Jeep once the Jeep crosses the 2500rpm mark.
Only difference is in sports mode, where the Harrier excels.

I hope the facelifted Harrier has all these issues sorted out, especially cabin comfort, quality and better dashboard design. At present it feels like a downgrade to switch over to Tata Harrier.
Old 30th April 2023, 11:00   #1410
ike
BHPian

I have booked an XZA+ Jet edition of Aug'22 vintage still lying with the dealer. Hopefully will get delivery next week.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks