Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2022, 19:43   #1246
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

I have not driven my Harrier for about 15 days and now it's dead.
It's a new one that I got last September.
It's manual Harrier XT.

When I press the push button I hear clicking and maybe some cranking I guess, but the engine does not start.
Will it be a battery issue? Or starter motor problem?
Should I call Tata motors or just try taking out the battery and charging?

Another question. The front passenger door seems to have gone down a little bit. I can hear and feel it when I close the door. Surprised that this has happened.!
srivibhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 20:09   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
Will it be a battery issue? Or starter motor problem?
Battery. Get it charged once from any battery shop selling the brand of battery you have. If that does not last, then go for (warranty) replacement of the battery.

By any chance do you get your car cleaned by some one ? Either way, check if any light was left on. A friend's XL6 had the same situation - 2 weeks of disuse and battery dead flat.

Last edited by condor : 2nd February 2022 at 20:27.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 21:15   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Battery. Get it charged once from any battery shop selling the brand of battery you have. If that does not last, then go for (warranty) replacement of the battery.

By any chance do you get your car cleaned by some one ? Either way, check if any light was left on. A friend's XL6 had the same situation - 2 weeks of disuse and battery dead flat.
Thanks. Will try to charge the battery and check.

No, no one else has cleaned my car. All the lights were off.
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:03   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
Thanks. Will try to charge the battery and check.

No, no one else has cleaned my car. All the lights were off.
Its a diesel engine, it draws good amount of power for a start. There will be a sensor that would not let the starter crank if the battery status is not proper.

Anytime you start diesel vehicles, make sure to run them (not stationery) for a while, say 15-20 minutes at least. Else too many short trips will not let the battery charge properly and even a new battery you install will end up the same way.
Old 7th February 2022, 17:12   #1250

Re: Black and White | My Tata Harrier XZ+ Ownership Review

I got my Harrier XZ in July 2021. Planning to write the details of ownership experience in detail as I am new to this forum. to summarise, I have to state that I am satisfied with the car in most of the areas.

Space is abundant at every corner. Has a good presence. The engine pulls strongly at city and sports mode. Eco mode is useful on highways. You can cruise at 90-100 kmph effortlessly with FE of around 18 KMPL. In city, it drops to 11 -11.5. NVH levels are good, especially I did sound deadening for doors and boot lid. The sound quality of OEM ICE is very good.

Now the concerns,

1) Rattles from dash and doors which irritate me. To get rid of the rattles I shifted to Skoda from Maruti in the year 2013. It was rattle-free driving till 2021 when I exchanged my Rapid for Harrier. Now they are back with Harrier. I have complained to SA at the time of 1st and 2nd Service. But no effective solution. I will take this to Tata Motors soon.

2) Another point of concern is the paint quality. I have recently noticed a cut and lifted portion on the bonnet in about 1 Sq. Cms. area. This also needs to be taken up to the SA again. I am sure that nobody has scratched it as the car is always in the safe parking and nobody drives it except me.

3) The Third point is the ConnectNext app is not dependable at all. It may or may not connect to your phone automatically. I received a strange answer from Tata Motors Official that it needs GPS and if that is not available at a particular place, then the app can not connect to the smartphone. When the Smartphone is connected to the ICE through Bluetooth, then what is the need for GPS?

4) Another major concern is getting a comfortable driving position. If you can not get it correct, your left knee will keep hitting the lower part of the dashboard every time you engage the clutch. It got two months for me to get the correct seat adjustment.

5) One more issue is the little hard and long-travel clutch. This issue also relates to a seating position. Because if you keep the seat height at higher positions, then it becomes difficult to operate the clutch. If you keep the seat height low then the short drivers like me (5'5'') can not see the bonnet.

Anyhow, I love my car and don't regret my decision. Will post some more details soon.
VK@Harrier is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 12:25   #1251
BHPian

I took delivery of my Harrier around 20 days back and it has been a largely pleasant experience so far. I will jot down my journey and ownership experience on a separate post.

Going through the manual given along with the car, I had a few observations and wanted to share with the larger forum here. These are mostly features which are not available as per official brochure, or even as per the sales member. Mine is a Jan 2022 manufactured Harrier XZ+ and the date on User Manual is of November 2021.

1. Air Purifier: There is reference to Air Purifier with screenshots of air quality being shown on the infotainment screen. However, I haven’t been able to find this yet. The manual does put in a caveat of ‘If applicable’ in this case. Now since mine is the top variant, not sure which other variant is there which has Air purification. Personally speaking would love to have this feature.
Tata Harrier : Official Review-air-purifier.jpg

2. IRA Connected Car: This one is stated as available without any caveat. However, my sales advisor wasn’t aware of the same. I check with my service advisor and he mentioned that the KYC is to be done of the same. Personally speaking, would be a good to have feature.
Tata Harrier : Official Review-ira-connected-car.jpg

3. Wireless Charger: Same caveat as in case of Air purifier, and leads to the same question of which variant has it. Not so relevant today from personal point of view, might be useful down the line.
Tata Harrier : Official Review-wireless-charging.jpg

4. Ventilated seats: This one as well with the caveat of ‘if available”. Who wouldn’t want this feature if it is available.
Tata Harrier : Official Review-ventilated-seat.jpg

Things I am trying to get more information on:
1. Wireless android auto: There was no info about this in the physical manual. They refer to download the manual for infotainment unit separately online. Have downloaded it but yet to go through. I asked my service advisor, he said that it will come after some time but not live as of now.
2. Tyre Pressure Monitoring system: Couldn’t find anything on this so far. I say so far because haven’t finished the manual yet. The absence of this in a way signals that presence of Air Purifier, IRA, wireless charger is probably not because of clumsy work by someone in not filtering out content of Safari before printing Harrier manual. Personally speaking, would love to have this feature.

When I visited Tata Motor's portal to download the manual, I was intrigued to see one option of Festive BSVI. As per my knowledge, there wasn't such variant launched in case of Harrier, so even further intrigued.

So, quite confusing as to why the above features are listed in manual if they aren’t present in the top model. Or am I missing anything? I seriously hope they haven’t released only Dark Edition with these features.
CarBorne is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 12:05   #1252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Any further update on this, please?

--Anoop
Tata has rolled out a teaser of these Special Editions of the Harrier & the Safari in Mint Green colour and equipped with a Black Rhino badge on the side.

They are calling it the Kaziranga Edition.

Name:  E98543A70B9044A6BC7E7087A97C3217.jpeg
Views: 2225
Size:  26.2 KB
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 12:12   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata has rolled out a teaser of these Special Editions of the Harrier & the Safari in Mint Green colour and equipped with a Black Rhino badge on the side.

They are calling it the Kaziranga Edition.
Glimpse of the Tata Punch Kaziranga Edition, from the Tata IPL 2022 Mega Auction. Inspired by the famed one-horned rhino, the special edition SUV celebrates the beauty of Kaziranga.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20220216_121035.jpg

Nexon, Harrier and Safari to get Kaziranga Edition.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-screenshot_20220216120156_youtube.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th February 2022 at 12:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 00:29   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK@Harrier View Post
NVH levels are good, especially I did sound deadening for doors and boot lid. The sound quality of OEM ICE is very good.

Now the concerns,

1) Rattles from dash and doors which irritate me. To get rid of the rattles I shifted to Skoda from Maruti in the year 2013. It was rattle-free driving till 2021 when I exchanged my Rapid for Harrier. Now they are back with Harrier. I have complained to SA at the time of 1st and 2nd Service. But no effective solution. I will take this to Tata Motors soon.

3) The Third point is the ConnectNext app is not dependable at all. It may or may not connect to your phone automatically.

4) Another major concern is getting a comfortable driving position.
Hey VK, was curious as to what kind of sound deadening did you do? While current NVH levels are good, they can definitely be better.

Also could you describe point 1 in detail. Being a new Harrier owner - I am more than usual paranoid for any sound that comes in car. Initially there were small kich kich sounds in my car while going over bumps. Those sounds have settled quite significantly with usage. I think it was probably a mix of plastic covers on sheet and the different panels adjusting to their own sweet positions.

Can totally relate to third point. Not dependable ever - it still shows the first drive I did after installing it as the latest drive.

I am able to solve 4 in my case (6'1''). I would have probably liked the steering reach travel to be a little more.
CarBorne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 09:59   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Was chatting with a friend yesterday about cars in general and he was telling me that Harrier comes with 17 inches while XUV comes with 18 inches, which surprised me because I remembered seeing R18 Blackstone alloys on the Tata website.

Took another look at the Tata website today and while it clearly says R18 Blackstone alloys on the Harrier Dark page, under the specifications section on the website, it says 235/65 R17 wheels.

Can any Harrier Dark edition owners help me to settle this doubt

Attaching the screenshots:

Dark Edition website snippet:

Tata Harrier : Official Review-dark_r18.jpg

Screengrab from the Specifications section of Tata Harrier website:

Tata Harrier : Official Review-specs.jpg

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 12:59   #1256
BHPian

Dark edition comes with 18 inch wheels. Regular XZ/XZA and XT/XTA cones with 17 inch wheels.
Bala_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 13:07   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Was chatting with a friend yesterday about cars in general and he was telling me that Harrier comes with 17 inches while XUV comes with 18 inches, which surprised me because I remembered seeing R18 Blackstone alloys on the Tata website.

Took another look at the Tata website today and while it clearly says R18 Blackstone alloys on the Harrier Dark page, under the specifications section on the website, it says 235/65 R17 wheels.

Can any Harrier Dark edition owners help me to settle this doubt

--Anoop
TATA is providing 18-inch wheels on Harrier Dark edition only.
Other colours got the 17-inch alloy wheels (2 types of alloy wheels in this as well for following models, XZ+ and XZ/XT) and the rest of the lower models get 16-inch steel wheels.
Highh5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 13:53   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBorne View Post

1. Air Purifier: There is reference to Air Purifier with screenshots of air quality being shown on the infotainment screen. However, I haven’t been able to find this yet. The manual does put in a caveat of ‘If applicable’ in this case. Now since mine is the top variant, not sure which other variant is there which has Air purification. Personally speaking would love to have this feature.
Here comes the answer to your first doubt.
Kaziranga Edition Harrier will get Air Purifier now.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 14:22   #1259
Senior - BHPian

It's been a long time since the Harrier was launched but I somehow seem not be able take my eyes of it when I see one, it's that attractive and butch looking car; if only TML ironed out the niggles it would sell like hot cakes. I prefer the looks of the Harrier as compared to Mahindra XUV 700.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 14:34   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala_R View Post
Dark edition comes with 18 inch wheels. Regular XZ/XZA and XT/XTA cones with 17 inch wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
TATA is providing 18-inch wheels on Harrier Dark edition only.
Other colours got the 17-inch alloy wheels (2 types of alloy wheels in this as well for following models, XZ+ and XZ/XT) and the rest of the lower models get 16-inch steel wheels.
Thank you, Bala and Highh5

I could see the Kaziranga edition comes with an air purifier. Hope they add ventilated seats too, and I hope the top-end Harrier also gets these features.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks