Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2021, 13:50   #1171
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Every 15k kms is a proper service with an oil change. In between at 7.5k there is no oil change and is more of a preventative checkup and maintenance kind of service.
Thanks!
Do we have to pay anything for this 7500km minor service and is it compulsory or optional.

What is the general/average cost of the major service?
Old 31st March 2021, 13:56   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Thanks!
Do we have to pay anything for this 7500km minor service and is it compulsory or optional.

We will definitely be compulsory if it is written in the book. Other wise it becomes a reason to void warranty
Old 31st March 2021, 14:59   #1173
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi

Need some advice here.

My friend's '09 Harrier BS4 has shown this warning in the instrument cluster.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img20210331wa0001.jpg

AFAIK, this is the DPF regeneration sign. But his is the BS4 version, not BS6.

Is this a case of Tata future proofing the instrument cluster, hence some error code made this symbol light up?

Or something wrong with the exhaust system and have to be checked at the service centre?
Old 31st March 2021, 14:59   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Thanks!

From 4th Service (22.5k kms) onwards everything (labour+consumables) is paid, unless you have AMC Package. To keep the standard warranty and extended warranty valid, all services needs to be completed.

Major service should cost approx 9-10k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Hi

Need some advice here.

My friend's '09 Harrier BS4 has shown this warning in the instrument cluster.

Attachment 2139046

AFAIK, this is the DPF regeneration sign. But his is the BS4 version, not BS6.

Is this a case of Tata future proofing the instrument cluster, hence some error code made this symbol light up?

Or something wrong with the exhaust system and have to be checked at the service centre?
DPF or Diesel Particulate Filter is present is BS4 Version also. You may be confusing with DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) which is BS6 specific.

For DPF regeneration once has to drive above 2.5k RPMS in 2 or 3rd gear for few kms until it disappears.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd August 2021 at 20:30. Reason: back to back posts merged
beast_within is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 18:34   #1175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
DPF or Diesel Particulate Filter is present is BS4 Version also. You may be confusing with DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) which is BS6 specific.

For DPF regeneration once has to drive above 2.5k RPMS in 2 or 3rd gear for few kms until it disappears.
Thanks for the reply

Nah, didn't confuse DPF with DEF. But thought that DPF came into use alongwith SCR after BS6 norms for the larger diesels. Didn't knew BS4 cars had DPF.

Makes sense. My friend is stationed in a hill station, with his office being barely a couple of kilometres from his residence. To maintain decorum or for fear of bisons, he takes the car daily (will be buying a 2 wheeler next month). Last time the Harrier had a proper highway run was months ago.

Guess will advice him to do an Italian tune-up.
Old 31st March 2021, 19:21   #1176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
DPF or Diesel Particulate Filter is present is BS4 Version also.
That did surprise me. I didn't know BS4 cars came with DPF (except for few Skodas and other Germans probably). Any particular reason to have DPFs in the Harrier (assuming Compass and Hector have it too)?
Old 9th April 2021, 12:44   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
To all existing Harrier owners,

A few items to check ::

1. Is the head unit display laggy and are the frequent hang issues still there in the updated Harrier ?

2. What is the real world mileage of the Harrier ? in city ? on Highway ?

3. Any updates on Tata's service experience especially in Bombay ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
1. I have a 2019 Harrier. HU doesn't hang after recent updates, but the Bluetooth connection is still not reliable and the Bluetooth call quality sucks. My VW Vento priced half the cost of Harrier still is far far ahead of the Harrier on this parameter.

2. Highway - 100/ 120 kmph speeds will give you a mileage of about 15/15.5 kmpl and driving at about 80kmph will give you a mileage of about 16.5/ 17 kmpl
City - 13.5/ 14.5 depending upon the traffic.
Jattitude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 18:23   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattitude View Post
1. I have a 2019 Harrier. HU doesn't hang after recent updates, but the Bluetooth connection is still not reliable and the Bluetooth call quality sucks. My VW Vento priced half the cost of Harrier still is far far ahead of the Harrier on this parameter.

2. Highway - 100/ 120 kmph speeds will give you a mileage of about 15/15.5 kmpl and driving at about 80kmph will give you a mileage of about 16.5/ 17 kmpl
City - 13.5/ 14.5 depending upon the traffic.
Thank you sir, this real world honest feedback is much appreciated
Old 17th April 2021, 21:58   #1179

Hi Gurus,
Getting my Harrier XZA Camo next month.
I was thinking of going for the Stealth+ accessories pack from Tata. Is it a good bargain.

What accessories would you guys suggest without breaking the bank.
BrewHaHa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 12:14   #1180
MCR
BHPian

I took a TD of the Harrier and the clutch and the steering were quiet heavy on the car. The gear shifts were also quiet notchy. The Executive told me its due to the car being used by multiple people for TDs. The car in question had close to 30K kms and the interior was in a OK state. I drove on some busy Bangalore roads and the car made me sweat!
Can owners here confirm their experience of the Clutch, gear throws and steering? I am a Manual Transmission lover and would not like to consider an auto gearbox.
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 13:06   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I took a TD of the Harrier and the clutch and the steering were quiet heavy on the car. The gear shifts were also quiet notchy. The Executive told me its due to the car being used by multiple people for TDs. The car in question had close to 30K kms and the interior was in a OK state. I drove on some busy Bangalore roads and the car made me sweat!
Can owners here confirm their experience of the Clutch, gear throws and steering? I am a Manual Transmission lover and would not like to consider an auto gearbox.
Your observation is correct. MT is a chore to drive in the city, you`ll be left with a sore left feet. Gear shift quality is okay, but you cannot drive it smoothly for long in Bangalore traffic.

The culprit is the extremely heavy clutch.

Harrier \ Safari - buy only automatic. You will thank me later.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 16:25   #1182
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
The culprit is the extremely heavy clutch.

Harrier \ Safari - buy only automatic. You will thank me later.
What you say is right. The Automatic is easy to drive. It masks the bulk of the car really well. However, they are good for relaxed cruising and not really good when trying to catch up with say, a car from the segment above

We have a city car (Grand i10 Nios) and I am particularly looking for a fun to drive and quick highway machine.
Old 21st April 2021, 17:18   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What you say is right. The Automatic is easy to drive. It masks the bulk of the car really well. However, they are good for relaxed cruising and not really good when trying to catch up with say, a car from the segment above
We have a city car (Grand i10 Nios) and I am particularly looking for a fun to drive and quick highway machine.
Apologies in case I have missed some detail in your earlier post. But have you also test driven the AT along with MT (-which I know you did)? The AT is a very fast mover on the highway too, not just a relaxed cruiser. IMO - the 6MT in itself isn't a very slick box to begin with, so it doesn't exactly take the experience too many notches over the AT one.
That said - in real world highway usage - the MT will most likely give a better fuel efficiency overall compared to the AT thanks to inherent benefits of overdrive. This difference though - might not be significant for someone who can put 20+ big ones on a car.

I suggest you actually TD the AT and take it to the highway for a longish experience. Go for the MT only if you still don't like the AT experience. (This post in its entirety is redundant in case you have done so and then concluded, apologies if so again.)
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 18:23   #1184
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I suggest you actually TD the AT and take it to the highway for a longish experience.
Your point is very valid. The AT is quick and seamless. I did take the TD of the Safari XZA+(Harrier AT was unavailable since it was out for a TD).
What I felt was, the car was very linear in the way it increased the speed. The Speed was well masked. However, it was not exhilarating. It may be also due to the "bulk" of the car. I felt that the car was a bit hesitant while reacting to instantaneous throttle input. Switching to Sport mode made the throttle responses "choppy" with the car trying to hold the gear. It is not very evident if you press the accelerator gently.

What I was looking for was an Exhilarating driving experience.

Last edited by MCR : 21st April 2021 at 18:24.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 18:32   #1185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Speed was well masked. However, it was not exhilarating. It may be also due to the "bulk" of the car..
Wasnt this attributed to the Hyundai AT box ? Pls do check previous posts in the Harrier AT thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks