Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2020, 12:22   #1036
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Excellent and tastefully modified Harrier interiors. I really like the way they matched the seat covers with top end variant. The aftermarket touchscreen fitted in this vehicle is a criminal offence I feel sorry for the owner. Just look at the ugly gaps on side. There are many better options available now. Hope he gets them changed.

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 01:03   #1037
BHPian

I have always been fascinated by any color as long as it is black. The dark edition has increased my curiosity to a different level. However I feel larger wheels in the Harrier will make the package much more lucrative. Can experienced team bhpians throw light on this topic and suggest if 19 inchers will fit in and if yes what might be the repercussions !
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:31   #1038
BHPian

Got these numbers from a FB Harrier group. Couldn't verify the source though. Would be really happy if this is true . Hope this continues in the coming months.

This car deserves it .
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-fb_img_1599111886018.jpg  

Sudarshan_N is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 13:36   #1039
Senior - BHPian

These could be factory despatches related to the test drive cars of auto transmission and BS6 models being sent to dealerships.

I doubt if Harrier sold more than the others but at the same time, hope this is true and sustains in the coming months and year(s).
Old 4th September 2020, 13:39   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
These could be factory despatches related to the test drive cars of auto transmission and BS6 models being sent to dealerships.

I doubt if Harrier sold more than the others but at the same time, hope this is true and sustains in the coming months and year(s).
My two cents:

1. Test drive cars were available at Dealers from Feb-March 2020 onwards.
2. The figure below is incorrect. Hector (along with Hector Plus) sold more than Harrier
beast_within is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 20:22   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
No display vehicle available for Harrier. It was resting in "Service Center" which is at a different location.
Quoting myself on my previous post. Today I went to Tata showroom again to get my TD. To my surprise no TD vehicle again. I complained to SA that this is 2nd visit and not acceptable. Then SA accompanied me to Tata service center which was 4 kms away from showroom to show vehicle in flesh, no TD vehicle available.

They had an XZ+ variant in stock yard and told I can have a look inside. I got inside and struggled a bit to get seating position right as my left leg kept on hitting the dashboard.

The steering wheel was a bit small compared to my TUV, the plastic quality hits on your face. Oh Tata, the hard plastics everywhere was an eye sore. I did not expect this from a 20+ lakhs SUV. No offense to existing users, but inside dynamics was a big disaster. I struggled with everything starting from push button to hand break. Reverse camera was a joke, fully pixelated. The seat adjustment button was working only for backward adjustment, not able to move forward it was wobbly. The SA toggled a bit and it started working.

The outside was a total contrast, beautifully build, great design, heavy doors, heavy bonet and the red colour was dashing. Absolutely loved the pano sunroof.

The SA was not aware of new XT+ variant He was shocked when we shown him on Tata website. He said we may have a Zoom call soon and will get details shortly.

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 6th September 2020 at 20:24.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 22:52   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
To my surprise no TD vehicle again.
My friend, based on your requirements there is company called Hyundai and it makes a car called Creta. Just go for that. If you want that level of customer service at a Harrier showroom you will not get it. These folks make great cars but don't know how to sell them.

If you still want to go ahead with Harrier keep your expectations very low otherwise Murphy's law will kick. Tata sales.and Murphy's law combination can get pretty unimaginable.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 23:55   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mads2849 View Post
I have always been fascinated by any color as long as it is black. The dark edition has increased my curiosity to a different level. However I feel larger wheels in the Harrier will make the package much more lucrative. Can experienced team bhpians throw light on this topic and suggest if 19 inchers will fit in and if yes what might be the repercussions !
No one replied to my query ☹️
Old 9th September 2020, 09:39   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
My friend, based on your requirements there is company called Hyundai and it makes a car called Creta.
In Pune, I trued to get a TD of creta. Contacted 4 showrooms - none had a proper TD car. Some had none, while some offered to ride an unregistered one, which means a very restricted drive. Explanation given is that the demand is so high, why block some cars for TD!

As for Harrier, I got TD twice at home. One of which was a 30km drive. So ended up booking that.
pseudo_coder is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 09:57   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mads2849 View Post
No one replied to my query ☹️
Surely you can fit 19 inch rims but you have to get tyres with comparatively thin side profiles to compensate for the rims being up sized, which would result in ride quality getting a little bumpy and harsh.

Tyres act as shock absorbers as well, the smaller the side profile is, the harsher the ride becomes and big potholes and speed breakers could damage your rims. If you plan on riding in city conditions where roads are very good, then it would be fine but otherwise the ride quality would suffer.

Others may correct me and shed some more knowledge on this.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 10:53   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
In Pune, I trued to get a TD of creta. Contacted 4 showrooms - none had a proper TD car. Some had none, while some offered to ride an unregistered one, which means a very restricted drive. Explanation given is that the demand is so high, why block some cars for TD!

As for Harrier, I got TD twice at home. One of which was a 30km drive. So ended up booking that.
Hey congrats on finally booking the car. What's holding me back is the connected tech update - dealer salespeople would obviously not know much but I'm a bit worried about taking delivery and then Tata rolling out connected car features in new models. Have you heard anything about it?

Also, did they give you the extra 80K discount (cash discount + exchange bonus + corporate offer).
Old 9th September 2020, 15:57   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Hey congrats on finally booking the car. What's holding me back is the connected tech update - dealer salespeople would obviously not know much but I'm a bit worried about taking delivery and then Tata rolling out connected car features in new models. Have you heard anything about it?

Also, did they give you the extra 80K discount (cash discount + exchange bonus + corporate offer).
Thanks!

I didn't ask about connected car tech. My salesperson is a Nexon EV guy. He didn't even know that Harrier XZA has 6 airbags.

I got 65k cash discount. I am neither a part of a big corporate, nor have an exchange car. So I am satisfied with this. Plus more savings on insurance. For XZA+, they offered no discount.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 16:03   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Thanks!

I didn't ask about connected car tech. My salesperson is a Nexon EV guy. He didn't even know that Harrier XZA has 6 airbags.

I got 65k cash discount. I am neither a part of a big corporate, nor have an exchange car. So I am satisfied with this. Plus more savings on insurance. For XZA+, they offered no discount.
That's a great deal, congrats! I agree with you approach of getting the dealer to match insurance quote.

Tata doesn't train their sales people at all - the person who gave me the TD was shocked to see that the A/C could be controlled from the HU.
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 12:21   #1049

Nice review for Harrier

However I find that Harrier still does not provide any connectivity feature like remote ignition. Kia is actually pushing sales with these features.

Anyone think connectivity features create a better customer value?
Old 13th September 2020, 14:31   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himjyoti View Post
Nice review for Harrier

However I find that Harrier still does not provide any connectivity feature like remote ignition. Kia is actually pushing sales with these features.

Anyone think connectivity features create a better customer value?
Tata has been lagging at this since a while. When Hexa was launched, it did not have the 'request sensor' on the doors. While the lower priced Nexon did. Now, Nexon & Nexon EV have SOME connected car features, while Harrier doesn't have all. Even the Nexon EV has MORE than the ICE Nexon! Typical Tata.
Just like they came late to the sunroof party - when they finally realised and accepted that this is India - a SUNROOF sells more cars than Safety Stars... they will realise that 'gimmicks' like connected car apps will improve sales and finally add them by 2021 end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks